Mitsubishi WS65613 Light blinking

612 posts / 0 new
Last post
matbas
Would you please email the

Would you please email the instruction to me.

Thanks,

[email protected] 

Scott az
I also have the blinking

I also have the blinking green light on my WS 65613. Started randomly after purchase and recently became a permanent issue. Unit powers up and operates for short periods then shuts off, resets by blinking light going off then can be turned on again for another short period. To bad mitsubshi didn't think of installing a cooling fan in these sets if heat is a problem for the circutry. Please send me the instruction to replace the capacitors on the dm CIRCUIT BOARD. [email protected] thanks for the help.

PanterA
hey larry

hey larry
looks like im in the same boat as the others! just got the blinking light of death after lightning storms over the weekend. could u email the fix? my tv model# is ws65813 and my email is [email protected]

THANKS!

Larry Dillon
Panther and Scott, I have

Panther and Scott, I have sent out the repair for your model. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
Scott, your e-mail came back

Scott, your e-mail came back to me as undeliverable because of some spam blocker? I am not really sure.

Scott az
Larry, My e mail is scott

Larry, My e mail is [email protected] please try again. I do receive e mails for my business here. Thank You

Raider5087
also have the blinking green

also have the blinking green light on my WS 65613. [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I will send those out top you

I will send those out top you this morning, Good Luck with the repair.

Prideauxx
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Thank you for all of your help on the forums. I am in need of the capacitor fix instructions for my mitsubishi diamond 52" rear projection TV as well. I have the same green blinking light issue that I believe is caused by faulty/substandard capacitors. My email is [email protected]. Thank you again.

Larry Dillon
If it is the same model

If it is the same model number as in the thread, It is on it's way to you. Good Luck to you.

tony w
Larry,

Larry,

You'll never guess what problem I have?

Your right!!! I too am in need of the capacitor fix instructions for my mitsubishi WS-65513 rear projection TV as well. I have the same green blinking light issue that I believe is caused by faulty/substandard capacitors. My email is [email protected]. Thank you for your help.

Wink
Blinking green light on my WS

Blinking green light on my WS 65613. Please send me the Repair Info.
Thank You Larry.

[email protected]

tmaine
hi there,i have had the same

hi there,i have had the same problem(blinking light),fixed after i changed the caps,that was a yr ago,now i have a rolling picture.65613 mits.any help would be appreciated

kufu
hello, i have the ws-65513.

hello, i have the ws-65513. getting a similar problem but no blinking light. im going to copy and paste from a forum with not much help: here is an exact explination.

some guy said this:(and im having these same symptoms)

mitsubishi ws-65513 television shuts off and green light stays on - have to power off and power on for it to come on - sometimes it only stays on for a minute, sometimes longer, thought it might be a connection problem but everything is connected tight. soldered connections didn't work. TV is not actually shutting down, we just loose picture and sound because I can bring up the menu on screen from the Mitsubishi remote control (not the direct tv remote control). Can change to play DVD but still no picture until we turn the tv off then on again. When playing a DVD from video 1, same thing as when we are watching tv thru Comp2 with Direct TV, at randon we hear a pop and screen goes blue and no sound (except screen goes dark when watching from Comp2) Have to power off the tv then power on for picture to go back on. It doesn't matter if tv is playing from Comp1 (direct tv) or Video1 or Ant A - At random still loose picture and sound, Green light in front of tv stays on - Have to power tv off then power on to get picture and sound back on. When turning the tv on for the first time during the day is stays on the longest (30 maybe 45 minutes or so) then when it starts going down the duration it stays on can be for 30 seconds or 5 minutes or 1 minute (when it looses picture it is at random, but it happens every time we turn on the tv).

and then i said:

i have the exact same model and i have the same exact problem no blinking light or anything. for me its just a black screen but the tv knows when you have a signal going to the inputs. the reason i say that is cause when its gets real bad, a blue screen with purple lines and a high pitched whine, show up. and a error message(of a sorts) saying check power and connections. you mess with it a little, and eventually the tv works(for a short time). ive studied the tv, and the projection or screen part itself, works every time, cause you can access the menu. its like the inputs and outputs short out. you do hear a "pop", like a short would sound. if you could call it a short. And it is totally random. it does seem worse in the evening. i havent taken any steps to fix it or anything, right now im just trying to learn the random symptoms. ive never seen anything like it. i dont even want to take it in to get it fixed, its a monster. are there other options even? i know it may sound stupid but maybe trade on a new one?

with mine it doesnt care what input it is. i get the same behavior on all inputs be it the black screen or the blue screen. when it goes black the tv knows you have stuff plugged in. when it goes blue, it thinks the wires and/or power on the external components are bad. The black and blue screens are totally random also. sometimes black sometimes blue.

evil_admin
I too have a WS-65613 that

I too have a WS-65613 that has its light fast blinking. I am fully capable of troubleshooting this myself, I just need a service manual. From what I have found in my research, it is most likely 4 bad caps on the DM board. Larry, I have your directions from previous posts which I will follow but would appreciate it if you could email me a copy of the service manual. My email is [email protected]

Thank you

Korie
I have a ws-65613 and I'm

I have a ws-65613 and I'm also having the green led blinking issue. It has progressively gotten worse and now itÂ’s to the point where it will not turn on any more. I have tried unplugging it and hitting reset but nothing has worked. Can someone please send me the TV schematic and diagram so I can trouble shoot this set. Please send any info to [email protected] I would like to try and fix this before my DVR fills up :) Thanks in advance! Korie

ed the man
LARRY i also have a ws65613

LARRY i also have a ws65613 it was fixed last year and now it's starting to turn off you watch it for 30 to 45 min and it goes off can you help me THX eddie

mjktires
same problem with 65 inch

same problem with 65 inch mits. they want about thousand to fix dont quite understand the capacitors can you please explain in a little more detail or tell me what to do. thanks mike

Korie
I have a ws-65318 and I had

I have a ws-65318 and I had the blinking led issue and I know how bad it sucks. One day with out your bitching TV is one to many. Here is how I fixed it Pull the back panel off, on the left there is a box that has a usb plug in it, pull unplug the 2 items off of that box lets call the box the DM, unscrew everything and be carful to not put pressure on any other boards, Once you get the DM out of the back of the TV pull the board out of the other box, you want to replace the 4 largest caps on that board, Mine was 4 1000 Micro F. Good luck!

Alnp
Larry is recovering from

Larry is recovering from surgery, so Mitsubishi folks will have to help each other for a while.

Korie's above post ( I think he means ws-65613) is exactly the kind of info many will need for the basic continuously blinking led problem for this and some similar models.
I will add to reinsert the bare DM board back into its connector, then carefully lower the metal shield over it, the connector is difficult to seat with shield covering the board.
Also be sure to observe polarity on the caps replaced, and replace all 4, not just the ones that have a domed top. Double check that all wires go back in their proper places.

Please search this forum for your model number and read previous posts for similar problems and solutions. You do not need the service manual for the basic cap replacement, more complicated problems are also covered in many threads. Try searching forums for alternate spellings, e.g. ws-65613 or ws65613.

Search Articles for tv safety, have a friend with electronics experience help you if necessary.

kendraa
Larry Dillon said: I have

Larry Dillon said: I have sent you the documentaion you requested, as well as the factory service manual. Good Luck

Hi Larry,

I also have a WS-65613 with this problem.  Can you send me the documentation and manual to [email protected]?

Thank you,

Tim

RWhite
I have the blinking light

I have the blinking light problem as well. just started after a power failure. been blinking for 2 days now. reset and unplug/plug have not worked. I am good at electronics if I can get some info sent to me at [email protected] on how to cure I would appreciate it.

Onegative
Larry,

Larry,

Can i get the service manual and and tips on the DM module cap issues on the WS65613 to

[email protected]?

I too am now a victim of the blinking light.

thanks in advance!!

M

phillyfocused
I too, like many, am having

I too, like many, am having the same problem with my WS-65513. At first the green light would blink sometimes and then the light would either stop blinking and I can cut the TV on or the TV would turn on by itself, now, the green light just blinks continuously.

With all of these complaints does anyone know if Mitsubishi issued a recall on this part or any other type of service to make this problem right? In any event, Larry I too can use any help you can offer. Please email the solution to [email protected]

Thanks in advance

RandyCA
Larry Dillon said: 

Larry Dillon said: 
These are a few of my notes on this Set from me and a few of my buds in the buisness.  Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this set.

Larry, hi. First off, thanks for all your help!

I've encountered the same problem as almost everyone here; blinking green light and a tv that no longer works. I would like to give the self-fix a try before throwing out the tv. When you get a chance would you please send me the same notes/manual that other people are asking for?

Thank you!

Model: WS-55813 / Mitsu/Diamond

My email: [email protected]

victim
Im am also haveing the same

Im am also haveing the same problem with my ws-65613. Can someone help me out with info for the repair. The set was flashing then stopped it worked for a week did it again then came back on. Now it just flashes for hours so I have it unpluged till i fix it. I see larry has helped many people on here I hope to here from someone soon. Thankyou

[email protected]

CASteve
Larry,

Larry,

Consider me now part of the club. My light flashes once in a while and the color has turned to grey. Can you help me out with this big problem we have with these TVs. I have the WS-65813, any help would be appreciated associated with this TV. Thanks in advance

tmg
Larry,

Larry,

I also have the same problem. Power light just keeps flashing. I have the WS-65813 too. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

[email protected]

doom
I have a 65513 that has the

I have a 65513 that has the infamous "blinking green light" from a recent power failure. Can someone email me the instructions and where to get part#181P734030. Do you know the cost? Thanks in advance!!!!
Email Address: [email protected]

illadelph12
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I also have a WS-65613 with this problem. Can you send me the documentation and manual to [email protected]?

Thank you,

Scott

Pages

Connect With Techlore