Mitsubishi WS65613 Light blinking

612 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Kevin, I have sent that

Kevin, I have sent that already to you. Have you checked your junk mail? Are you allowed to receive large files? I will try it again man.

Kevincotton
Larry Dillon said: Kevin, I

Larry Dillon said: Kevin, I have sent that already to you. Have you checked your junk mail? Are you allowed to receive large files? I will try it again man.

Sorry Larry , It just came through, Thank you . kevin

aterrill2007
Can someone please send me

Can someone please send me some info on how to correct the blinking green light.  my tv won't turn on at all and the light just keeps blinking!!! Help!!!!

Amber

aterrill2007
sorry!  my email,

sorry!  my email, [email protected]. thanks

KjoeBeck
Larry,

Larry,

Got the same problem as everyone else on my Mitsu WS 65613.  Blinking light of death..... If you could mail me the repair documents it would be awesome.  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Kjoe, I will have those

Kjoe, I will have those repair documents out to you in a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
Ok, Amber, they are one their

Ok, Amber, they are one their way, Good Luck

wendy w
I have a problem with my

I have a problem with my mitsubishe VS50111 it has lots of wavy lines across the screen and loud buzzing noise help ! [email protected]

Kevincotton
Larry , While waiting to

Larry , While waiting to receive my order of Capacitors I kept looking at my 65 in Mits and was thinking of just buying a New DLP , Every time I see that blinking light for the last 5 days i was getting closer and closer to that 70 in DLP, So as I was walking towards it with my tools to start taking it apart or just put my Foot through it, the BLINKING LIGHT that has been staring at me Daily just STOPPED Blinking so I pushed the power button and it came on, Can you Believe this, Do you have any Ideas??  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Yea, change the capacitors on

Yea, change the capacitors on the fmt and DM board as well as the power supply board. That is the first indication the capacitors are going bad.

Kevincotton
Larry Dillon said: Yea,

Larry Dillon said: Yea, change the capacitors on the fmt and DM board as well as the power supply board. That is the first indication the capacitors are going bad.

Are they all the same Capacitors? How many Total?

Larry Dillon
Sorry Kevin, wrong model

Sorry Kevin, wrong model number I was thinking. just change the 4 capacitors inside the DM while the set still works. You will save the set from a 1000 repair. Try not to use the set now untill you replace the capacitors as now that it came back on, you stand a higher chance that the DM will get blown out.

Kevincotton
Larry Dillon said: Sorry

Larry Dillon said: Sorry Kevin, wrong model number I was thinking. just change the 4 capacitors inside the DM while the set still works. You will save the set from a 1000 repair. Try not to use the set now untill you replace the capacitors as now that it came back on, you stand a higher chance that the DM will get blown out.

I'll shut it off now, The Capacitors will be here on Wednesday, I bought extra's for the price, My Neighbor has the same TV, I'll suffer until then, Thank you for all your Help, I will be getting back to you on Thursday to let you know how things worked out !

Larry Dillon
If your neighbor has the same

If your neighbor has the same TV set, you would be doing them a really super big service on replacing the capacitors for them or at least sharing the information with them and saving them a very large amount of cash. Your neighbor owes you big time! Yes do wait till you get the caps, unplug the TV for noew, as even with the set turned off, those capacitors are stewing inside the DM as the DM is on 24/7, that is why a small fan is recommended. If you need help with this, contact me.

JK5478
Larry Dillon said: Sure JK, I

Larry Dillon said: Sure JK, I think I will be the one to send them out to you, but you forgot to say where to send them? LOL. Good Luck with the repair.

Changed the capacitors, still have green blinking light- any ideas?

Larry Dillon
If the TV set is the same

If the TV set is the same model as the thread, try to take out the DM and take off the shield. Now install the DM board and make sure that the connectors are fully seated into the main board. Then install the shield and then plug the set back in and wait a minute or two till the light goes out.

Nate L
I have the WS-65613 with the

I have the WS-65613 with the blinking light problem, started 6 weeks ago and is now getting terrible ... Larry, would appreciate you sending the necessary repair instrux, part list etc to me at [email protected]  ... Thanks much in advance.

Did someone mention class action lawsuit???  

Kevincotton
Larry Dillon said: Kevin,

Larry Dillon said: Kevin, the repair documents and the factory service manual is on it's way to you. Good Luck

Larry , Your the MAN, my 65in Mits is back and I even seen how to clean the Lenses, The Pictures is HD Perfect. Thank you and Please be around for the Future. Kevin

CleanDiesel
Señor Larry,

Señor Larry,

A very rich man once told me the secret to becoming a millionaire.  He suggested finding something that earns me $10 every time I do it, and do it 100,000 times.  Clearly, you’re well on your way to the 100,000 mark if the 17+ pages of this thread are ANY indication!  So you just need the “charge $10” part, and you’ll be set!

To that end, may I also be a “subscriber” to the apparent DGL repair information e-mail?  I’m fortunate to own a Mitsubishi 65813, model year 2004.  My e-mail address is [email protected]

I am not 100% convinced that my problem is the same as everyone else’s, as I have some additional symptoms.  I have all my AV equipment hooked up through an American Power Conversion uninterruptible power supply, model Back-UPS Pro 1100.  At the time of the DGL issue, this UPS went bananas with a screeching alarm.  I am not certain which came first, the UPS having a problem and messing with the TV, or if the UPS was sensing a short in the TV and letting me know.  I have the TV unplugged from the UPS now and the UPS seems to be operating fine, so I am beginning to think the latter is true.

At any rate, I’ll be sure to post my experience.  And thank you in advance for helping as you have so many others.  I’ve got $4,700 invested in this unit and haven’t NEARLY enjoyed it that much yet!   J

Muchas Gracias,

David

Larry Dillon
Very cool David. I like your

Very cool David. I like your profession as a 52 year old going back to college to learn networking. I have found subnet masking to be the most difficult so far. I will certainly help you out man. Maybe you can do the same for me? Good luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
Kevin!! Glad to hear you got

Kevin!! Glad to hear you got your TV set working.

Nate L
Nate L said: I have the WS

Nate L said: I have the WS-65613 with the blinking light problem, started 6 weeks ago and is now getting terrible ... Larry, would appreciate you sending the necessary repair instrux, part list etc to me at [email protected]  ... Thanks much in advance. Did someone mention class action lawsuit???  

Larry, it is indeed great that you are here assisting everyone that has this problem, hopefully you can help me fix mine as well.   Could you please send the repair documents and factory service manual to me at  [email protected] ... thank you again.

Regards,

Nathan 

Larry Dillon
Nate, I will have the repair

Nate, I will have the repair info out to you ASAP. Good luck

CleanDiesel
Larry,

Larry,

I have some subnet masking experience.  However as indicated, software and not networking is my expertise.

Back to the TV, strange thing happened while waiting for your e-mail (which I have - thanks).  The green light stopped blinking, and upon attempting power on, it worked!  Watched TV for several hours last evening after all. 

SO, what does this mean?  Are the caps dyING and just not completely dead?  Should the fix be done anyway?  Or should I just perhaps clean out the cabinet of dust and "don't fix something thats not broken"?  Thanks...

David

Larry Dillon
David, if you do not want to

David, if you do not want to buy a 1000.00 DM board, you better replace those capacitors ASAP. This kind of thing happens a lot and a lot of times the person will wait till the set dies and then that will take out the DM. Replace the capacitors before it is too late! I wish I had the skills for software and coding.  I am not to good with binary or hexing.

kdhough
Larry Dillon said: Kevin,

Larry Dillon said: Kevin, what's the model number. There are three different repairs for different models.

Hi Larry. I have the WS-65613. Thanks, Kevin

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Kevin, I will get those out

Kevin, I will get those out to you ASAP. Good Luck with the repair!

Nate L
Larry,

Larry,

I completed the repair today and the set works great ... thanks much!

Regards,

Nathan 

Larry Dillon
Glad to hear you got the set

Glad to hear you got the set working. Congrats!

A Romero
We just got the ws-65613

We just got the ws-65613 tonight from my brother in law and it doesnt work....same thing with the green light blinking continuously.  The stupid TV worked yesterday...UGH!  Anyway, can you please email me the repair documents and factory service manual?  My email is [email protected].

Thanks,

Amy :(

PS. We also noticed that there are some slots in the front of the TV that are empty...are there supposed to be cards in there?

Pages

Connect With Techlore