Mitsubishi WS65613 Light blinking

612 posts / 0 new
Last post
dnick
Larry Dillon said:  1-  CHECK

Larry Dillon said:  1-  CHECK FOR 12 VOLTS DC (AC-OFF DETECT) AT PIN 3 OF PC9A21 IF MISSING REPLACE PC9A21 PART # 268P058020 ON THE POWER PCB.  2. SHORT DETECT SHUTDOWN (PIN 13 OF IC700) CHECK FOR OPEN L902 PART # 351P155010 OFF Q904 C (15 V SUPPLY) ON THE MAIN PCB.   2-  SHORT DETECT SHUTDOWN (PIN 13 OF IC700) CHECK FOR SHORTED D913 PART # 264P722010 AND OPEN Z901 PART # 283P039020 (Z905 AND Z900 M.    3-  CHECK FOR BAD CAPACITORS IN DM MODULE.    4- CHECK FOR 10 VDC AT PIN 5 OF IC502 OF LOW, CHECK IC503 PART # 270P704010 ON THE MAIN PCB.   5-  SUSPECT SHORTED WINDINGS OF T5A31 PART # 349P216010 ON THE MAIN PCB.     6- SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR LEAKY C9A60 470 PF 1000 V PART # 154P400030, PARALLEL TO D9A57 ON THE POWER PCB 2. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR OPEN FUSES F9A04 AND F9A05 ON THE +24 AND -24 VOLT LINES. IF THE FUSES ARE OPEN THE CONVERGENCE OUTPUT CIRCUIT WOULD BE SUSPECT.  7-  SHORTED HORIZONTAL OUTPUT TRANSISTOR.  8-  COOLENT HAS LEAKED ON THE MAIN BOARD FROM THE CRT'S AND HAS DAMAGED THE MAIN BOARD BEYOND REPAIR. also if the 24 volt B+ and or B- Is missing from the convergence ICs, change both convergence ICs as well as the defective pico fuse in the power supply. This is not a quicky type of repair most likely.     These are a few of my notes on this Set from me and a few of my buds in the buisness.  Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this set.

Larry,

I'm having same problem. Can I get a schematic to replace the caps?

Thanks,

Del

dnick

Larry Dillon said:  1-  CHECK FOR 12 VOLTS DC (AC-OFF DETECT) AT PIN 3 OF PC9A21 IF MISSING REPLACE PC9A21 PART # 268P058020 ON THE POWER PCB.  2. SHORT DETECT SHUTDOWN (PIN 13 OF IC700) CHECK FOR OPEN L902 PART # 351P155010 OFF Q904 C (15 V SUPPLY) ON THE MAIN PCB.   2-  SHORT DETECT SHUTDOWN (PIN 13 OF IC700) CHECK FOR SHORTED D913 PART # 264P722010 AND OPEN Z901 PART # 283P039020 (Z905 AND Z900 M.    3-  CHECK FOR BAD CAPACITORS IN DM MODULE.    4- CHECK FOR 10 VDC AT PIN 5 OF IC502 OF LOW, CHECK IC503 PART # 270P704010 ON THE MAIN PCB.   5-  SUSPECT SHORTED WINDINGS OF T5A31 PART # 349P216010 ON THE MAIN PCB.     6- SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR LEAKY C9A60 470 PF 1000 V PART # 154P400030, PARALLEL TO D9A57 ON THE POWER PCB 2. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR OPEN FUSES F9A04 AND F9A05 ON THE +24 AND -24 VOLT LINES. IF THE FUSES ARE OPEN THE CONVERGENCE OUTPUT CIRCUIT WOULD BE SUSPECT.  7-  SHORTED HORIZONTAL OUTPUT TRANSISTOR.  8-  COOLENT HAS LEAKED ON THE MAIN BOARD FROM THE CRT'S AND HAS DAMAGED THE MAIN BOARD BEYOND REPAIR. also if the 24 volt B+ and or B- Is missing from the convergence ICs, change both convergence ICs as well as the defective pico fuse in the power supply. This is not a quicky type of repair most likely.     These are a few of my notes on this Set from me and a few of my buds in the buisness.  Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this set.

Larry,

I got same problem, can i get a schematic to replace the caps?

Thanks,

Del

dnick

Larry,

I requested a service manual for the ws-65613 and don't know if I sent the email, it's [email protected]

Thanks.

Del

jamessick
Larry Dillon said: I need a

Larry Dillon said: I need a model number of the set and an e-mail address.

I too graceously need info on how to attempt to repair the flashing green light of death (identify DM board, cap rating, schematic, etc.) change out. Any information would be most appreciated. My email address is  [email protected]. I have a Mitsubishi model WD-52525. 

phillyfocused
Hey Larry, Hope all is well..

Hey Larry, Hope all is well... You sent me the instructions to fix the WS-65513, THANK YOU!!!! and I changed out the caps with no problems as all 4 were bloated. However, the green light still blinks but now there is a clicking noise that was not there before, did I do something wrong or is that an indicator that the fuses on the DM board is blown. Please advise. Thanks.... [email protected]

Tech Junkie
Larry, I requested the

Larry, I requested the information from you in order to fix the green blicking light problem on my Mitsubishi 55909 a little while ago, I'm not sure if you already tried to send the information as I was having problems with my email address however I would be very grateful if you will send me the repair documentation as I am fairly certain I have the same issue as others above with the caps on the DM module.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks, Lee

mikelo1
i had no idea that this

i had no idea that this problem was so common. i have the steady green light and the tv will not come on. can you send me the service manual so i can fix my t.v. thanks

brewtwo
I too have the blinking lite

I too have the blinking lite problem.. I can reset it but just goes through the cycle and shuts itself off. I have the Mitsubishi DLP model WD-Y65

ScottW
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-55813 with the same problem. Would you be able to send me the documentation to repair this? Thank you.

[email protected]

ca-ted
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I also have a WS-55813 with the same blinking green light problem. Please send me the instructions to fix it. You have helped so many and we are grateful. Thanks.

[email protected]

mikelo1
i have replace the caps and

i have replace the caps and reinstalled the board but i still hav a bliking light. i also here some ticking. please help i have a ws-65613 pleas send the instructions or service manual to [email protected]. thanks in advance

PaulS
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I've bought Mitsubishi WS-65613 4 years ago from Sear and recently my TV Timer started blinking green this morning and does not stop blinking and I cannot turn it on.

Would you please send me the instructions and service manuals to fix this blinking green light problem. I've had this blinking green light problem before but it would stop blinking after blinking for a long time (5min to 1/2 hour). This morning it started blinking again but doesn't stop.

Are there any precautions one must take to attempt such a repair other than simply unplugging the unit. I'm sure I can solder the new caps.

Please send the information to: [email protected]

Thanks,

Paul

KevinMac
Old story - same news.

Old story - same news.
LED blinking green light.
Need help with repair.

I guess Larry's the man.
Could you please send info. for the
repair of this Mitsubishi 73" Diamond.
It's about 7 years old.

Thanks,
Kevin

KevinMac
Larry,

Larry,

Please email repair instructions to:
[email protected]
Mitsu. 73" Diamond

Thanks.

trogdor
Just inherited the same

Just inherited the same problem,,,
Mits ws-65613
blinking light of death

Can I get a copy of the repair documents?

Please?

Thankyou,

Josh

Scotty1320
I have a WS65xxx, dont know

I have a WS65xxx, dont know which one it is whether it be a 613, 713, 813 wilth green blinking light. Is the service manual the same for all three models? If so can you forward me a copy?

Thanks,
A S Atkinson

trogdor
Larry,

Larry,
YOU ARE AWESOME !!

It lives again !

THANK YOU

PaulS
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I've Mitshit TV WS-65515 and I have replaced the 4 capacitors from 1000uF/16V to 1000uF/35V and one of the Pico Fuse was opened on the back of the module. Then I put it back very careful and making sure all of the connectors put back properly. When I turned TV back on I still see the Blinking Green Light... Please advice me what should I do next. I read some of the article in your site some said there are 7 capacitors, but I only saw 4 on the DM module. Can you send some picture the other 3 capacitors located?

Thanks a Million,

Paul

Tina T
Wow Larry! You seem to be

Wow Larry! You seem to be the man that knows all on this. I like so many others, have the green LED blinking. I replaced the caps and it did not solve my blinking light problem. I am now looking into a new DM board but the prices I am finding...we will have to wait until after Christmas. Could you possibly send me what you have? I plan on tearing it out again this weekend and seeing if my solder looks good, caps all put in correctly, and make sure none of the components are touching the surface but I have a fear this will not work. I have a WD-57831, and my email is [email protected].

P.S. I tested the caps after I pulled them out and they all read good. I talked to a T.V. repair man and he actually told me that I must have done it wrong and you cannot test capsÂ…I laughed and told him that I do have a degree in electronics and yes you can test caps. Just a funny little story for you

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tina

Kubota31
Larry,

Larry,

Please email Service manual or other documents you might have to fix my blinking light problem.  I have the WS-65613.  I have ordered the caps from Radio Shack since our local store only had 3 of them.

I have found the V23_Training_Manual.pdf and downloaded the manual from

[email protected] called Fixing the Mitsubishi Projection TV blink of death

Any other help of advice from other members from the forum would be greatly appreciated.  If this fix doesn't work does anyone know where I can purchase the entire DM board? 

Email is [email protected]

Thanks much,

Ralph

Tina T
Larry,

Larry,

This is the correct model #. I am pretty sure I need to replace the DM board. I pulled it out again and made sure the caps were in good and all was attached properly and I still have the blinking light.

KevinMac
Larry,

Larry,

Please emailme the instructions for the blinking light of death.
I have a WS-7309 (2002 model) The type of capacitor and where can they be
purchase. (Radio Shack ?)

Thanks,
Kevin
[email protected]

RichAZ1
Larry,

Larry,

My Mitsubishi WS-65613 started blinking green and does not stop blinking and I cannot turn it on.

Can you please send me the instructions and service manuals to fix this blinking green light problem?

Are there any precautions I should take prior to attempting such a repair other than simply unplugging the unit? I'm sure I can solder the new caps.

Please send the information to: [email protected]

Thanks,

Rich

RichAZ1
Larry

Larry

I too have a 65613 with a blinking light please send me the required manual or docs to fix this issue

[email protected]

Thank you
Rich

Kubota31
Larry,

Larry,
Sorry I posted the wrong email address in my previous post. It should be:
[email protected]

Kubota31
Folks,

Folks,
I used the document from ChrisAndNat.com called Fixing the Mitsubishi Projection TV blink of death and except with a couple of things that is not correct like having to take out the lag bolts and it doesn't tell you that you have to remove the black cover off the DM board the directions were great. My wife and I were able to tear the board out take out the old caps and solder in the new and have the board back in the tv and had it running in a couple of hours. I am so happy that I didn't have to spend a fortune fixing this one or having to buy a new one.

Thanks much for this forum. I am not an expert but I would be willing to try and help anyone else if they have questions fixing theirs. I know how frustrating it can be to have their tv broke.

Happy viewing,

Ralph

Wayne
I too have the Mitsubishi 65"

I too have the Mitsubishi 65" WS-65613 and I am very frustrated and would like to know If you could send me the service manual and doc on how to fix this set........I would really appreciate it.

Thank you soo much.............cblake

MAH
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
Having the same blinking green light problem with my WS-55613. Could you please forword the cap repair/purchase info to me at [email protected]
Thanks!!

khogannt
Wow, I have the same blinking

Wow, I have the same blinking green light!
Mits ws-65613

Can I please get a copy of the repair documents?

Thankyou,

Kerry

[email protected]

Lighthouse
Hi Same story. Can you please

Hi Same story. Can you please email me the repair docs. I have a WS65613. [email protected] Thanks

Pages

Connect With Techlore