Mitsubishi WS65613 Light blinking

612 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
WoodHouse and VSG, I will

WoodHouse and VSG, I will send out the repair information a little later this afternoon. Good Luck with the repair.

kazkillinger
would anyone be able to send

would anyone be able to send me that service manual and repair steps I just got this tv and am anxious to get it working email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I will add you to the list to

I will add you to the list to receive the repair documents. Good Luck with this repair.

HuggerX
Larry. Your information in

Larry. Your information in this thread has been invaluable. I have a Mits ws-55909 which I just put in a new DM board in. Now the tv will stay on for about 3-5 seconds and turn off. Do you have any schematics or documentation on what to check next?....thanks in advance! [email protected]

SHughes
Larry, it seems as though you

Larry, it seems as though you should be getting paid for this! I've read almost every comment on several pages going back over 6 months.

Well, I've got the same issue with the blinking light on my WS65813.

Would you be so kind as to send me your repair documents to [email protected] please?

Jfortu
Hello- I finally received the

Hello- I finally received the capacitors that were on back order. I got those soddered OK,  but there are two plugs that I unplugged and I am not sure where they go. I tried looking at the manual to see if there was a diagram that I could go by and I did not see anything. I do have close up pictures of them, if someone is able to look at their TV for me to help me understand where they go????? All I have to do is plug those in to see if the capacitors helped fix this TV. Would anyone be willing to help me? Please email  me, if you can and I will send the pics. Thanks so much! Jodi

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Shughes, i have sent out the

Shughes, i have sent out the repair documents for your TV set repair. Good Luck!

HuggerX
HuggerX said: Larry. Your

HuggerX said: Larry. Your information in this thread has been invaluable. I have a Mits ws-55909 which I just put in a new DM board in. Now the tv will stay on for about 3-5 seconds and turn off. Do you have any schematics or documentation on what to check next?....thanks in advance! [email protected]

update. Looks like fuses 04 and 05 have no continuity. Will replacing the IC fix the problem? Just don't understand how replacing that part will fix the continuity problem...do I also have to replace those fuses?

tmasd2002
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS48613 Big Screen and I had the blinking green light issue which I repaired successfully.  The issue the TV was having before the blinking LED was a loss of Video and Audio.

I would get a black screen with thin rainbow colored lines scrolling up the screen.  After doing the DM repair I get a Blue Screen, but still no video or audio.  I can access the menus just fine and they are as clear as a bell.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony.  [email protected] 

Larry Dillon
Tony, double check all of the

Tony, double check all of the plug connections and make sure everyone is seated correctly.

blferg78
 Hello

Hello

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62825 with a the blinking light problem. Is this model one that will benefit from the capactor replacement? If so please send info to [email protected]

Thanks

Brandy

Wyscan
I have a Mitsubishi WS-65613

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65613 with the same blinking light problem.  Can you please send the repair info to [email protected]

Thanks. 

Larry Dillon
Wyscan and Brandy, I will

Wyscan and Brandy, I will have all the repair information out to you in just a little bit. Good Luck

Norg
Larry,

Larry,

I have read this whole section and believe that my dad's tv was having the same problem.  He has the WS-65613. Here is what he told me: "The first time (one year ago) the picture would go off and the light would be blinking and the light would continue to blink (sometimes for a few minutes and sometimes it went for hours).  You couldn't turn the tv off, you couldn't do anything.  The tv would not respond to reset or remote.  As soon as the blinking would stop you could turn the tv off and then back on and it would be normal."  The tv was reaired by replacing the DM module (part #934c067001).  He reported having more problems recently with it.  Here is what he says about this time:  "The problems are a little different this time.  The picture turns off and leaves a blue screen.  The blue screen will eventually turn off all by itself but we usually turn the tv off when it gets to the blue screen.  We leave it off for just a minute, then you can turn it on again and it will be normal.  The amount of time between shut offs has been getting shorter and shorter until it is off permanently.  That is the present situation."  At the present time he is able to turn the tv on and get the blue screen (as well as the "device" screen to choose options) but nothing else.  Interestingly, as I type this he is telling me by phone about the problem and he just turned the tv off and then back on and it is working again.  He is able to watch tv.

It should also be noted that he mentioned recently hearing a popping noise that is in the sound system and then the picture goes out. 

Any thoughts about this?  Is it more of the same of what has been discussed on this site?  I do know that I would like to receive the manual and repair information discussed on the page here.  I can be emailed at [email protected]

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work!!!!

Ryan 

tmasd2002
Ryan,

Ryan,

There is a 9V regulator IC on the signal board that may be causing your problems.  I have a WS-48613 and had the capacitor issue.  Then after fixing that I got a blue screen as well.  Upon reading the service manual schematic and the forums I took a chance on replacing that piece.  It is IC9C25 Mits# 270P677030.  It is a 3 pin solder job and should be as easy as the caps to replace.  I don't know if it is the same on your Dad's model. 

Good Luck.  Tony

Norg
tmasd2002 said: Ryan,

tmasd2002 said: Ryan, There is a 9V regulator IC on the signal board that may be causing your problems.  I have a WS-48613 and had the capacitor issue.  Then after fixing that I got a blue screen as well.  Upon reading the service manual schematic and the forums I took a chance on replacing that piece.  It is IC9C25 Mits# 270P677030.  It is a 3 pin solder job and should be as easy as the caps to replace.  I don't know if it is the same on your Dad's model.  Good Luck.  Tony

Thanks for this info.  I noted that porche (he posted earlier on this site) stated that he has the same tv as my dad's and he reported that a repairman fixed his tv with this same part. 

I was considering buying some capacitors on the mouser.com website.  Can I buy the regulator there too?  I have googled this item and can't find it anywhere on the web.  Of course, I don't know exactly what to search for other than the part number or the IC9C25.  Again, thanks for the info. 

If anyone else has thoughts I'd be happy to hear them.  

Ryan 

Nannuu
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am having the same problem with my TV, green light fever.  Could you please send me the directions on how to repair the problem. 

Please send to [email protected].

Thank you,

Mike

tmasd2002
Ryan, I ordered mine direct

Ryan, I ordered mine direct from Mitsubishi.  I couldn't find it anywhere else either.

Tony

ZZZZZ
I am having the same blinking

I am having the same blinking light problem that everyone else is having.  I have  a model 65813.  Pease send me the instructions on what I need to repair.  E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks

Larry Dillon
Sure ZZZ, but I had trouble

Sure ZZZ, but I had trouble sending this to you yesterday. I do not know why but the e-mail kept coming back saying it was a bad e-mail address. Did you correct the e-mail address? It looks like the same address I was having problems with. i will try it again anyway. Hopefully you will have it in a short time. Good Luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
Mike, I will have those

Mike, I will have those instruction to yoo later this morning. Good Luck

Norg
Larry Dillon said: Mike, I

Larry Dillon said: Mike, I will have those instruction to yoo later this morning. Good Luck

Larry,

Just wanted to make sure you got my requet.  I saw that you indicated to others that you would send it out to them but I didn't see anything meantinoned about sending it to me.  Thanks,

Ryan

[email protected]

paul JANUS
hello everyone, I am having

hello everyone, I am having problems with my mitsubishi ws-65613 that has a non-stop blinking light.  Can I have one of you send me the instruction on how to fix this problem.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  E-mail [email protected]

-Thanks

wrwelect
Same issue with ws65613

Same issue with ws65613 nonstop blinking.  Can I get the documents too?  [email protected]

Norg
I was able to get the repair

I was able to get the repair information and manual from someone else who posted on this site (I just sent out a bulk email with a bunch of people's email addresses) and I took everything apart.  In the process we damage a capacitor (extra work to be done now).  We thought that it had that coke-like look to it but the more we looked at it it appears that it was there on purpose to help protect it or something.

Anyway, when I looked at the 4 capacitors and has been discussed, it looked like they were fine (no bulging and the wrapping around the top was still in place rather than being pulled down the sides of the capacitor).  I am planning on replacing the capacitors as indicated but I am wondering if there could be another problem.

Oh, I looked and found (after looking for what seemed to be forever) the IC9C25 9v regulator (if someone is looking for it it is found on the board to the right of the board that contains the DM module.  It was on the bottom right corner of it.  Quite small).  The regulator looks a little brown on the solder points and on the other end but it was explained that this miht simply be explained by the way the regulator works. 

Thanks for all your help,

Ryan 

LizR
Wow.......WS48613 blinking

Wow.......WS48613 blinking here also........as everyone else asks, can you email me the info???   [email protected]     thanks!!!!!

Mark
I too am have the "Blinking

I too am have the "Blinking Green Light of Death" problem.  The model number on my set is WS-65713, which is a 65" Mitsubishi rear projection HDTV.  I'd like to try replacing the 4 caps on the DM PCB.  Please send me any and all info, [email protected]

Norg
We fixed the 4 capacitors and

We fixed the 4 capacitors and one additional one that we broke in the process of taking everything apart.  The tv started up.  My dad indicated that he was able to hook a vcr to the tv and get a channel to work (I have never heard of a vcr acting as an antenna).  Anyway, he said it worked for a while (about 30 mins) and then went off like it had before.  He was able to get it to work and began having a new problem.  He was using a remote to change another hdtv and found that it affected this tv.  He said that he would change the channel for the other tv and this tv would make the popping sound as it had in the past and then he started getting multiple images.  He said that there were vertical lines and it looked like there were seperate tv images in each (as if the tv was split in smaller images).  We have searched on many webpages but can't find any answers.  Any thoughts?

Ryan 

Larry Dillon
I just sent out the repair

I just sent out the repair documents to all of those who left an e-mail address. Good Luck with the repair.

tagger
i am having same blinking

i am having same blinking light issue with mits ws-65613 is there a chance of getting the information needed to solve the problem. it will be appreciated thanks email  is   [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore