Mitsubishi convergence IC's used in the differant models

696 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bonj87
Larry, this is a wonderful

Larry, this is a wonderful thread! I just picked up a WS55907 from my boss for free. only problem is the Red convergence keeps going out. Ive been trying to find a how-to to replace or repair the convergence chip.. can you help me out? I have the service manual, but to be honest, its not all that clear on where those chips are, how to get them out, etc.
any help is appreciated. .thanks!

Larry Dillon
try this:http://www.techlore

try this:http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/22490/Mitsubishi-Convergence-IC-Rep..., not the ame exact modl but should give you the general idea.

Bonj87
wonderful! thanks a ton!..

wonderful! thanks a ton!.. tonight ill slide it out and take a look. im HOPING that the solder is just cracked or something easy and I can solder it back on to fix it. its an intermittent red convergence issue.

WoogieBoogie
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,
I scratched off the paint and could not find a trail going to the circuit from those three pins. I also can not find any connections to the first three pins on the other IC. Im not really sure what to do. The burnt resistors's were from the other IC. Any advice? Here is a pic.

Circuit

WoogieBoogie
I just got the schematic and

I just got the schematic and the 3 first pins on both IC's are not used. Im not really sure whats going on now then. Can it be that I used 1 watt resistors for the vertical chip instead of 2 watt? I have bowing on the blue convergenc on the lines from left to right. Horizontal lines are waved, is that the horizontal or vertical IC's fault? Also, aside from the blue convergence problem is that the entire screen is covered in a blue tint, can it just be the blue tube bad? I didnt have the blue tint before opening the TV. If you want the service and repair manuals give me an email address and Ill send them to you.

Oh and another thing to note: When I went in to the convergence and coars/fine blue menu's the entire convergence board was scrambled. Whats up with that?

Bonj87
well, it took some work, but

well, it took some work, but i got the board out. it took lots of disconnects of wires to free it, but its pretty much out. i looked underneath, but i did not notice any broken solder joints from below.
i did notice quite alot of dirt and grime. i used an alcohol cleaning pad to clean the board's underside, i used compressed air, and a vaccume to clean the board and electronics on top. Then, I used an electronics cleaning spray solution, one that does NOT leave a film, or residue on anything when you're done with it. I sprayed this conservatively on the board and wiped it down as best I could to get rid of the rest of the garbage and dirt. I have to go back and look again to find the correct IC for the convergence as I didnt pay attention to exactly which one it was, but rather I was just looking for dammaged spots. on the 55907, can you tell me specifically where the convergence IC is so I know where to look?

Larry Dillon
the convergence IC"s are

the convergence IC"s are about 3" by 2" black in color and mounted on a large metal block called a heat sink. They will start with letters STK depending on the model of set there may only be one of them.

Larry Dillon
I was just looking at the

I was just looking at the schematic and yes the first three pins are not used.

Bonj87
Found them! 2 of them STK392

Found them! 2 of them STK392-570 , and in the upper corner of each the numbers 0824 were written. So, now, to find the PROPER place to buy the RIGHT ones.

Larry Dillon
find the right snd oRIGINAL

find the right snd oRIGINAL parts here http://www.electronic-repair-kits.com/index.html Good Luck

WoogieBoogie
I am going to try and switch

I am going to try and switch the resistors to a different color convergence and see what happens. It is allowing 3 watts instead of 6 so Im thinking that can possibly be the problem.

I need help locating 5.6 ohm, 2 watt, metal fusible axial resistors. Any help would be fantastic. I will let you know what happens when I move the resistors.

HARRY T.
I HAVE MITSUBISHI TV MODEL

I HAVE MITSUBISHI TV MODEL VS60803. PICTURE IS OUT OF CONVERGENCE ANF COLORS ARE LIKE RAINBOW,SEPRATED FROM EACH OTHER, MIDDLW TOP AND BOTTOM MAKES PICTURE LIKE AN

Larry Dillon
STOP YELLING(SHOUTING)!! You

STOP YELLING(SHOUTING)!! You most likely will need to replace the convergence IC's.

James Schwindt
Larry,

Larry,

Been reading this sight for the past few hours as my Mits65909 decided to have an issue with turning on today. When I hit the power button the green light goes on for like 2 seconds and then it

Larry Dillon
sounds like the convergence

sounds like the convergence IC's are bad, read this article I wrote to assist you repair this problem
http://www.techlore.com/article/22530/DIY-Repair-Replacing-Convergence-I...

DC01
Larry,

Larry,

Been reviewing this thread and its great. I have a MitsWS-65908 and it recently had a power on problem. We were watching it and it just turned off. Tried to turn it back on...green light comes on and hear clicking noises and then within 2-3 seconds it goes off. Any thoughts? I don't have or didn't notice any convergence issues.

I have the service manual and schematics for the WS-65909 from your download....is this the same service manual for WS-65908 (off by one digit). Additionally, after reviewing the service manual and schematics I could not determine which board the IC / heatsink/ fuses are located. Could you direct me in the right location.

Thanks,DC

Larry Dillon
The IC's are located /mounted

The IC's are located /mounted on a large metal heatsink with fins on it. you my not be able to see them without looking at the other side of the heatsink. GOOD lUCK@@

DC01
Larry,

Larry,
Thanks for the location info...I'll try looking for it. Someone indicated it maybe fuses that are causing my power on issue. Any thoughts on that?

Also is the service manual for WS-65908 the same as WS-65909?

bsandb
I have a mitsubishi ws-55413

I have a mitsubishi ws-55413 with a black screen. The tv has less than 50 hrs. on it. When I turn on the tv the green light on the unit lights up for about 3 seconds then goes out. There is no picture or sound. Could this be the CRT and if so where can I find one on the internet? Any information would be wonderful!

BIG D n KC
I PURCHASED A NEW MITSUBISHI

I PURCHASED A NEW MITSUBISHI 65" HI-DEF BACK IN 2001, BUT IT QUIT JUST AFTER THE 3 YEAR WARRANTY AND THE DM MODULE HAD TO BE EXCHANGED. MITSUBISHI DID EXCHANGE IT W/O CHARGE BUT THE SERVICE CALL/LABOR WAS STILL PLENTY HIGH. WELL ITS 3 YEARS LATER AND I HAVE BASICALLY THE SAME SYMPTOM, I.E., THE POWER LED GOES OUT WITHIN A FEW SECONDS OF BEING PPRESSED ON. I DID PURCHASE THE MANUAL AND IT DISPLAYS A CODE "22" WHICH IS A "SHORT PROTECT" ERROR MESSAGE BUT I HAVE NOW IDEA WHERE TO LOOK FOR THE PROBLEM FROM HERE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS'S OR EXPERIENCE IN THIS AREA PLEASE LET ME KNOW... THANKS, MUCH ... BIG D n KC

BIG D n KC
I PURCHASED A NEW MITSUBISHI

I PURCHASED A NEW MITSUBISHI 65" HI-DEF BACK IN 2001, BUT IT QUIT JUST AFTER THE 3 YEAR WARRANTY AND THE DM MODULE HAD TO BE EXCHANGED. MITSUBISHI DID EXCHANGE IT W/O CHARGE BUT THE SERVICE CALL/LABOR WAS STILL PLENTY HIGH. WELL ITS 3 YEARS LATER AND I HAVE BASICALLY THE SAME SYMPTOM, I.E., THE POWER LED GOES OUT WITHIN A FEW SECONDS OF BEING PPRESSED ON. I DID PURCHASE THE MANUAL AND IT DISPLAYS A CODE "22" WHICH IS A "SHORT PROTECT" ERROR MESSAGE BUT I HAVE NOW IDEA WHERE TO LOOK FOR THE PROBLEM FROM HERE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS'S OR EXPERIENCE IN THIS AREA PLEASE LET ME KNOW... THANKS, MUCH ... BIG D n KC

BIG D n KC
Larry,

Larry,

I didn't mean to yell so loud. I'm just trying to get a handle on the problem B4 the wife gets back in town this weekend. The Mits has a great picture and I hate to scrap it but new improved ones are much cheaper now than when I bought this 2003 model back in 2004, so I've owned it 4 year now. Thanks

Larry Dillon
I need a model number and an

I need a model number and an e-mail addrss.

BIG D n KC
Larry,

Larry,

MITSUBISHI MODEL: WS-65511 & THE SERVICE MANUAL I BOUGHT SAYS THAT, IT IS A V21 CHASIS.

THANKS...

Larry Dillon
you will need to replace a

you will need to replace a defective convergence IC('s) fist, then check and replace a blown F9A04 or F9A05 B+ fuse, do not replace a defective fuse untill you replace the bad converence chip or you will burn out the convergence return resistors in that circuit.

BIG D n KC
Larry,

Larry,

My question now is where do I locate the Mitsubishi Convergence IC -- IC8C01 267P155010 HIC - STK393-110 for the V21 chassis? Are these propritary chips or can they be obtained at an electronics store -- Bluestar International Components $12.99??

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
NO not there!

NO not there!
They are not originals go here,
http://www.electronic-repair-kits.com/index.html

BIG D n KC
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks for this info, the Sanyo kit can be purchased with 1 or 2 IC's, & they recommend to replace both, at once. My manual only list the 1 IC8C01 p/n STK393-110 but the main componets location diagram list IC8C01 & IC8C02 as conv. outputs. Do you know if there are 2 on the WS65511?

BIG D n KC
Larry,

Larry,

I found a blown 5a pico fuse f9a04 like you said, and I am ordering the IC p/n STK393-110 and pico fuses, as well as the thermal compound. Are the resistors that are associated with this malfunction, that you speak of always damaged or do you just have to meter all of them to be sure they are not blown?

Thanks, Bid D n KC

Larry Dillon
generally the resistors

generally the resistors geneally are fine, unless the fuses do not blow for some reason or folks replace the fuses without first replacing the defetive convergence IC'(s)

Pages

Connect With Techlore