Mitsubishi convergence IC's used in the differant models

696 posts / 0 new
Last post
DC01
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks for listing the IC parts for the various TV. I have a Mits WS-65908 and would like to order the kit. The IC part STK392-570 is noted above however what is the amp size for the 2 fuses that are required?

Also do you have instructions for making this repair?

thanks,
DC

Steve P
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi VS-50501, and over the past year it intermittently went to a black screen (No Picture) and I would have to power cycle a few times and then it would stay on. Yesterday I powered on the TV and I cannot adjust the BLUE Convergence, everything else works on the TV.

What are the IC's needed to fix this problem?
Would the intermittent Black screen be part of the same problem?
Are there any other resistors or fuses I should change?

Thanks,

Steve

sarmar
does anybody have clear fluid

does anybody have clear fluid dripping onto one of the boards from crt above?

BIG D n KC
Larry, I replaced the blown

Larry, I replaced the blown 5a pico fuse f9a04 and I am the IC p/n STK393-110 but the set WS65511 still won't power on and has the same code 22 short protect, however the fuse f9a04 24v does not blow now? The other interesting sympton I have found is that when the set is plugged in the led flashing for several seconds and then goes out, and at that point the code displayed is 12
which says normal operation no error detected. But when power button is pressed it goes out & the 22 code is dislplayed until you reset the set or unplug/plug it back into AC? I have reseated and verified all connectors and checked all the pico fuses in that area, and all are OK. Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this scenario.

Thanks, Big D n KC

macgyver655
Hi Larry. I am in desperate

Hi Larry. I am in desperate need of the V17++ service manual. If you have a copy available my email is: [email protected] Thanks

DC01
Hi Larry. I am also in

Hi Larry. I am also in desperate need of the V17++ service manual. If you have a copy available my email is: [email protected] Thanks!

English Ale
Hi All,

Hi All,

I stumbled on this site searching for solutions to my convergence issue on my Mits 55807. The set works fine except the red and blues are shifted on the left and right thirds of the screen. I've been able to correct the problem by slightly pressing on the convergence heat sink. I'm assuming that this is giving me contact on some bad solder joint. So, my question is, can I fix my problem by touching up the solder joints (I'm experienced with this) or do I need to replace the IC's?

Larry, In reading through this thread, it seems you may have some instructions available to aid in the removal of the board for repair. Is this correct? If so, could you email them to me at [email protected]?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Rich

Larry Dillon
sounds like you need to

sounds like you need to resolder the convergence IC's connections on the board.

Larry Dillon
Your welcome, but do it

Your welcome, but do it before it is too late.

Steve P
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi VS-50501, and over the past year it intermittently went to a black screen (No Picture) and I would have to power cycle a few times and then it would stay on. Yesterday I powered on the TV and I cannot adjust the BLUE Convergence, everything else works on the TV.

What are the IC's needed to fix this problem?
Would the intermittent Black screen be part of the same problem?
Are there any other resistors or fuses I should change?

Thanks,

Steve

BIG D n KC
Larry,

Larry,

I posted a question the other day and I am not sure if your reply was to me -- " sounds like you need to resolder the convergence IC's connections on the board. "

My question was: Larry, I replaced the blown 5a pico fuse f9a04 and I am the IC p/n STK393-110 but the set WS65511 still won't power on and has the same code 22 short protect, however the fuse f9a04 24v does not blow now? The other interesting sympton I have found is that when the set is plugged in the led flashing for several seconds and then goes out, and at that point the code displayed is 12
which says normal operation no error detected. But when power button is pressed it goes out & the 22 code is dislplayed until you reset the set or unplug/plug it back into AC? I have reseated and verified all connectors and checked all the pico fuses in that area, and all are OK. Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this scenario.

I can recheck the connections as you suggest -- I just double checking to see if your reply was addressing my issue or someone else.

Thanks, Big D n KC

English Ale
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I resoldered the IC's last night, cleaned everything out including the lenses and mirror. The picture is better than ever.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

Charlie M
Larry,

Larry,
I am trying to pull the board to replace convergence ICs STK392-570 on Mitsubishi WT46809 and am struggling with getting the screws holding down the bd. on the front of the set out. The black plastic cover over the guns prevents me from being able to get levredge to break the screw. (I'm working the front screw from the front of the set under the speaker panel.) Is there an access trick here I am missing? I haven't worked on these sets before. I do work on computers and CT scanning systems in hospitals all the time. Is it I'm just too use to working on stuff that is designed to be fixed? I did get the easier of the two front screws out but it took right at an hour to do so. THanks for any help you can offer. Charlie.

Alnp
Charlie M said:

Charlie M said:
Larry,
I am trying to pull the board to replace convergence ICs STK392-570 on Mitsubishi WT46809 and am struggling with getting the screws holding down the bd. on the front of the set out. The black plastic cover over the guns prevents me from being able to get levredge to break the screw. (I'm working the front screw from the front of the set under the speaker panel.) Is there an access trick here I am missing? I haven't worked on these sets before. I do work on computers and CT scanning systems in hospitals all the time. Is it I'm just too use to working on stuff that is designed to be fixed? I did get the easier of the two front screws out but it took right at an hour to do so. THanks for any help you can offer. Charlie.

are you trying to remove the light box as an assembly?

2a. Rear Cabinet Disassembly 1. Remove 15 screws (a) holding the Back Board. 2. Remove the 13 screws (b) holding the Back Cover. 3. Remove the 3 screws (d) securing each Board Shelf. 3. Remove the 4 screws (c) securing the Light Box Assembly. 4. Slide the Light Box out th

dlumpy
I have a WS 65807 and when I

I have a WS 65807 and when I turn it on the grenn light comes on for a second or 2 and then goes out
can you tell me where to start please

Zuben
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Could you see my post about my Mitsubishi VS-60805 and let me know where I should go from here?

I've replaced a small cap (C410) and both convergence ICs and still have bad pincushioned convergence. All pico fuses are fine and I've checked several resistors in/around the convergence circuitry and where the cap was blown.

Should I attempt to adjust in the service menu and if so, where can I get the menu codes?

Thanks in advance!

M Davis
Good Morning Larry!

Good Morning Larry!
I need help with my Mitsubishi WS-B55 which need the convergence replaced, the pico fuses and the resistors. Can carbon fireproof resistors be used and if so, what brand(s)? Thanks for any help that can be given. I need a manual for this service.

Inessa
Hi, Larry. I read all 14

Hi, Larry. I read all 14 pages, very interesting. You are an amassing help to people. I have WT-42313 Mitsubishi. My TV has blue and green light on- red is out. A TV technician checked it and said that I needed part-STK 392-570 IC. Where do I begin and how will I know what part and where it goes? I downloaded service manual. Thank you.

82280zx
Hi Larry my parents Mitsu WS

Hi Larry my parents Mitsu WS-55807 TV just went out and I've been doing a little reading here and there. The TV powers on then off (You can hear a relay click in the back from what it sounds like the center board. Is this a easy fix or something I can do myself? Thanks :) Oh and I tryed to get it do give me a error code and it seems to just tell me that the Microprocessor has initialized and is functioning properly (not alot of help). Thanks again any help would be greatly appreciated.

beginnerrc
Larry,

Larry,
I have a Mitsubishi WT-42311 it's doing the same thing mentioned above LED comes on, no picture, no sound then goes off. I had it serviced 3 years ago and they told me they replaced the power supply. I've emailed the service manual to your email above ([email protected].).

I've confirmed that a pico fuse is bad (F9A05 it's the only fuse without continuity) it's shown on page 3 of the manual at location D-10. The board also shows signs of being burnt at C-11 around L9A50 & L9A52.

Can you reply with any suggestion on where to purchase a fuse? There is a local electronics supply store in town (not RadioShack) Lafayette Electronics Supply but a search of there database doesn't return any results for pico or fuse. Also are there other things I should check before replacing the fuse?

Inessa
Hi, Larry. I still don't know

Hi, Larry. I still don't know where to begin to fix my TV. I gave the information about the problem. Please, let me know what to do. I am excited to fix it myself. Thank you.

Inessa
Hi, Larry. I have picture and

Hi, Larry. I have picture and sound, but my red light is not on. I had to turn it off from the back of TV because the lump was getting hot. The technician told me that would need a STK-392 570 to fix the problem. I looked at the service manual and didn't find that part under IC. I will need your help. Thank you. Inessa.

bb2111
SMorris said: Larry.  I have

SMorris said: Larry.  I have a Mitsubishi 55 inch.  Model number VS55707.  When I try to do the advanced convergences on the tv it will not let me and the lines for convergence are bowed.  I called a local tv repair shop and they said that the convergence I.C. were out.  They were wanting to charge me $350 dollars to repair it.  I have an electronics background from being in the military and doing electronics.  Do you think that I would be able to replace these myself and if so, where is the best place to get them.  I was also wondering if you would have a repair manual for the tv or if you knew where I could get one.  My email address is [email protected].  I would appreciate any help you could give me.  Thank you.  If anyone else is reading this and has any answers for me I would appreciate that also.

I have the same problem. THE CONVERGENCE lines are bowed down at the bottom of the screen My model is WS 55511. I had a problem a coulple months ago with a green blinking light and an error code 21. I replaced the IC STK393-110 and one bad resister. The tv has work fine untill last week. The picture is fine except for the bottom  convergence lines are bowed and I can not adjust them. Any thoughts. [email protected]

jay ullmann
hello larry i have a mits. wt

hello larry i have a mits. wt-46807 model tv and when you turn it on it turns itself right back off in around 3-5 seconds without ever tryin to light the screen do you have any idea what the problem may be and what part and where to get it i may need, any help is very much welcomed.

SamManjo
Larry,

Larry,

I have read many of these email chains and they are very helpfull, thanks. I appear to have the same convergence problem with the WS-55511 V21 Chassis. I ordered the Sanyo part from the site you reccomend. I would also like to order the Pico fuses, where do you reccomend I get them from? Can I get them from a generic site like DigiKey or from RadioShack? Also, can you please advise me what part designators I should check when replacing the convergence IC? Specifically, what Resistor and Pico fuse numebrs should I check? Thanks in advance foryour help.

Snapper 77
I have a WT 46805. I can't

I have a WT 46805. I can't seem to get rid of the green outline around white letters and white objects. I've tried to adjust the convergence but still can't seem to get rid of the green. Any suggestions?

little bubba
Larry, I have the same

Larry, I have the same problem with my WS-65809 can you help?

dlumpy wrote:
November 24, 2008 5:35 PM

I have a WS 65807 and when I turn it on the grenn light comes on for a second or 2 and then goes out
can you tell me where to start please

NIX the genius
yo' larry after i lift the

yo' larry after i lift the right side of my almost free(fuel/hamburgers) 65

Larry Dillon
I do not understand what your

I do not understand what your trying to tell me nick?

ShawninTX
Larry,

Larry,

I have a mitsubishi WS 65611 (65

Pages

Connect With Techlore