Mitsubishi convergence IC's used in the differant models

696 posts / 0 new
Last post
bungo999
bungo999's picture
Larry,

Larry,

Thank you for your DIY helps and this thread. I ordered and replaced the Convergence IC for my WS-65611 that had major bowing and red convergence problems.

After replacing the IC and re-installing the board, the TV now has blue convergence issues and slight bowing. I did try to adjust the convergence prior to replacing the ICs since I did not know what the problem was originally.

Is this due to faulty soldering, bad ICs, or both? Also, how do you know when you have damaged the PCB? Can you damage the ICs by heating the pins too long while soldering? Because I tried to adjust the convergence prior to replacing the ICs, can this also be the problem of the distorted image?

Also, initially when I turned on the TV, there was audio. After turning off the TV and turning it back on later, there is no audio. Did I blow a fuse?

THank you for your help.

sarah1234
sarah1234's picture
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
I would like to help you both but without an e-mail address where should I send these treats? To Bob maybe? My crystal ball is broken at the moment I'm afraid. LOL

Larry, I also am having problems with the convergance on my Mitsubishi WT-42413. The red lines are not lining up on the grid. I understand that I need the two STK's for this. I am looking for a local TV repair place to order them. I will then need to use a manual to replace them. If possible, could you please send me a manual for my Mitsubishi?

ernie.arnold@verizon.net

Steve P
Steve P's picture
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I changed the 3 Convergence IC's in my Mits 50501A TV and the picture is now good with no blue shadows. But over the past year this TV screen goes black intermittently and then I have to repeatedly power on and off as many as 12 times or have to wait more than a few minutes and attempt a power on again until I get a picture. PLEASE HELP????
What causes this?

Thanks,
Steve
steve.page455@verizon.net

bungo999
bungo999's picture
UPDATE: I had my buddy look

UPDATE: I had my buddy look over my soldering job and he said that it looked okay, but had him remove the solder and redo the job anyway. When he removed the solder, he noticed that several pin holes did not have any metal left (it must have been taken off when I originally desoldered the old IC off). He tried to solder the pin hole connections to the original connection lines and we replaced the board into the TV. After reattaching all the connections, I turned on the TV and voila, the image was good! Now, the audio was the only problem we couldn't figure out. Well, turned out that I had accidentally put the DVD cable line into the TV input and vice versa which was why there was no audio!

Thanks Larry for your guidelines! You saved me $500. We should start calling you Geico Larry, since even a caveman can do this fix!

82280zx
82280zx's picture
Hi Larry I'm glad to see your

Hi Larry I'm glad to see your back. I have a Mitsubishi WS-55807 that had was having convergence problems (sides was bowing in, so I guess you could say bow tie effect or hour glass effect). The TV would some times go back to normal but one night after my parents got done watching it they went to turn it on the next day and it wouldn't power up. You can hear a relay click in the back and the tv gives you a code of 12. I've been told replacing the convergence chips (STK392-570) should fix the problem. If one of those go bad can it cause the tv not to power up? I have two ordered and on there way and already have the two old ones removed am I on the right track? You can reach me at mrpibb95@hotmail.com, I have the service manual for the tv if that would help and my parents gave the tv to me because they didn't want to dump more money into repairing it. Any help advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

mav
mav's picture
Larry, looks like you are

Larry, looks like you are the man to go to, I have a mitsubishi WS-65807, have always had good luck with it. It was repaired, ie. resoldered once by a service tech when it was still under warranty, now that time has passed, I did wacth what he did and am fairly adept @ soldering, so I thought I would give it a try. I would like to procure a copy of the service manual if that is at all possible. i look forward to any assistance which you may offer, please reply to advasys@hotmail.com Again my thanks

MikeyMike
MikeyMike's picture
hey you all. Today I was

hey you all. Today I was given this nice Mitsubishi VS-60805. The nice lady that gave it to me said that it worked the last time she used it???? Well I took that bad boy home and fired it up, but it was all bark and no sight. sound, no picture at all. So I took the board out because I knew it would need some sort of repair. Then I discovered the cause of this madness. Noticing fluid on the board I was drawn upward to one of the three lenses. there I discovered that one was leaking mineral oil onto the board. Apparently the oil is there to dissipate the extreme heat produced by the lens and the tube. So now I must turn that leak off and figure out what is wrong with my board. I know it needs a good cleaning, but where to go from there i dont know. I took the lens out and apart and have fresh mineral oil to fill it with but is it even worth it to proceed further. will my picture be distorted. Ahh what a let down. Guess thats why it was free. Suggestions anyone.

PhREaQ
PhREaQ's picture
Hail, Great Larry

Hail, Great Larry

This topic has been a wealth of information, as has this forum.

I have a Mitsu WS-65907, with a code 22, I got from some collage kids.

It looks like some fluid fell onto the board in front of the IC's. Landed right on 2 jumper wires (popped one wide open) and fried at least one of the resisters. (my camera is down so no pics)
I did found 2 bad pico fuses, and ordered them as well as the 2 STK392-570's IC's.

I can't seem to find the 2w 3.5 ohm resistors anywhere local, and have yet to check the net.

Unfortunately the IC's arrived the other day and are STK392-040 :(
I have yet to here back from the website on how to proceed with the exchange.

After I replace the IC's and pico's, I will still need to replace the resistor and jumpers, any ideas on where to get some.

Anything else I should look out for?

Thanks for taking the time to help us out.

chasingamy421
chasingamy421's picture
Larry,

Larry,

Looking at all the post and replies you are the TV God. I have a Mitsubishi ws-55907 and like all the other peeps..the green light is one for a moment and then a click and then nothing. I'm assuming it's on the power board but I did a visual check didn't see anything...might have to get a voltmeter..Do you have the manual or suggestions? You are the man! thanks Wendy wlindsey0421@yahoo.com

PhREaQ
PhREaQ's picture
A bit of. an update.

A bit of. an update.

I will 22-24 gauge wire to replace the jumper wires.

The resistor is R8C05. They are 2W 3.9 ohm resistors, that I should have no problem getting.

I don't recall if checked resistance with my meter yet, so that's next.

The correct convergence IC's are on there way.

I hope to see it turn on soon.

Denali
Denali's picture
Hello, I've been reading up

Hello, I've been reading up on replacing the IC's, I did it myself on a mitsubishi vs 60707, but the problem persists. My question is this: in order to check the fuses, and/or resistors, do I have to remove them from the board?

82280zx
82280zx's picture
Denali said: Hello, I've been

Denali said: Hello, I've been reading up on replacing the IC's, I did it myself on a mitsubishi vs 60707, but the problem persists. My question is this: in order to check the fuses, and/or resistors, do I have to remove them from the board?

I had success replacing mine on my mitsubisihi but you might also want to check your pico fuses, there should be a sheet stuck on the inside of your tv on the left side or right (mine was on the left) and check them with a ohm meter. I had 2 fuses blown and after I replaced them and my IC's my tv came back to life.

Denali
Denali's picture
82280zx said:

82280zx said:

I had success replacing mine on my mitsubisihi but you might also want to check your pico fuses, there should be a sheet stuck on the inside of your tv on the left side or right (mine was on the left) and check them with a ohm meter. I had 2 fuses blown and after I replaced them and my IC's my tv came back to life.

 Great, I'll make sure to check them. Thanks for the info.

zikronix
zikronix's picture
did the caps a while ago on

did the caps a while ago on the dm board. get wavyness for the first 30 seconds of start up some times...if that thinking of replacing the stk's. I know where they are at and how to do them. but i read some were there was a trick to adjusting convergance after replacement. could you send me any supporting documentation regarding replacing the stk in a mitsu 55613

thx

zikronix@gmail.com

Shadwick
Shadwick's picture
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I hope i am in the correct thread.

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65315 65" R.P. TV manufactured in 2004. It will not come on. However I did read about the service mode buttons to press on front panel and it returned a code of 2-2 (Short Protect circuit.) and from what I've read here I figured it was the Convergence ICs. So I ordered to correct Sayno STK394-250 replacement ICs and installed them. I've also checked for swollen caps as well as the fuses indicated by the service manual.pdf file at locations on the PWR-PCB.

I am still getting the same result and same trouble code flashes. Any clues as to how I should proceed next?

(I do plan to remove the PCBs and re-check my solder joints again using a jewelers loupe and check other solder joints under heavy components.)

Thanks in advance,

Shadwick

Kelly Hall
Kelly Hall's picture
I have the WS55513 Mistubishi

I have the WS55513 Mistubishi TV with the green blinking light. My dad is an electrician and could probably replace the capacitors adn IC chip. Could you please me a copy of the schematics and the repair manual for this tv. I would be grateful. Thank you my email address is halle621@hotmail.com

Ces
Ces's picture
I have a Mitsubishi VS-60705

I have a Mitsubishi VS-60705 that is displaying a code 24. Upon inspection of the main board and the vertical output circuitry, I noticed that resistor R451 has a lead missing, one end is not connected to the board anymore. Could someone please give me specs on this resistor so that I can pick one up and replace it in the board. I figure that should be the fix and if not then I'll work to the convergence IC. Thankyou very much! We just had the TV given to us to use for the super bowl and

NIX the genius
NIX the genius's picture
yo' larry after i lift the

yo' larry after i lift the right side of my almost free(fuel/hamburgers) 65

Larry Dillon
Larry Dillon's picture
I do not understand what your

I do not understand what your trying to tell me nick?

ShawninTX
ShawninTX's picture
Larry,

Larry,

I have a mitsubishi WS 65611 (65

bungo999
bungo999's picture
Larry,

Larry,

Thank you for your DIY helps and this thread. I ordered and replaced the Convergence IC for my WS-65611 that had major bowing and red convergence problems.

After replacing the IC and re-installing the board, the TV now has blue convergence issues and slight bowing. I did try to adjust the convergence prior to replacing the ICs since I did not know what the problem was originally.

Is this due to faulty soldering, bad ICs, or both? Also, how do you know when you have damaged the PCB? Can you damage the ICs by heating the pins too long while soldering? Because I tried to adjust the convergence prior to replacing the ICs, can this also be the problem of the distorted image?

Also, initially when I turned on the TV, there was audio. After turning off the TV and turning it back on later, there is no audio. Did I blow a fuse?

THank you for your help.

sarah1234
sarah1234's picture
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
I would like to help you both but without an e-mail address where should I send these treats? To Bob maybe? My crystal ball is broken at the moment I'm afraid. LOL

Larry, I also am having problems with the convergance on my Mitsubishi WT-42413. The red lines are not lining up on the grid. I understand that I need the two STK's for this. I am looking for a local TV repair place to order them. I will then need to use a manual to replace them. If possible, could you please send me a manual for my Mitsubishi?

ernie.arnold@verizon.net

Steve P
Steve P's picture
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I changed the 3 Convergence IC's in my Mits 50501A TV and the picture is now good with no blue shadows. But over the past year this TV screen goes black intermittently and then I have to repeatedly power on and off as many as 12 times or have to wait more than a few minutes and attempt a power on again until I get a picture. PLEASE HELP????
What causes this?

Thanks,
Steve
steve.page455@verizon.net

bungo999
bungo999's picture
UPDATE: I had my buddy look

UPDATE: I had my buddy look over my soldering job and he said that it looked okay, but had him remove the solder and redo the job anyway. When he removed the solder, he noticed that several pin holes did not have any metal left (it must have been taken off when I originally desoldered the old IC off). He tried to solder the pin hole connections to the original connection lines and we replaced the board into the TV. After reattaching all the connections, I turned on the TV and voila, the image was good! Now, the audio was the only problem we couldn't figure out. Well, turned out that I had accidentally put the DVD cable line into the TV input and vice versa which was why there was no audio!

Thanks Larry for your guidelines! You saved me $500. We should start calling you Geico Larry, since even a caveman can do this fix!

82280zx
82280zx's picture
Hi Larry I'm glad to see your

Hi Larry I'm glad to see your back. I have a Mitsubishi WS-55807 that had was having convergence problems (sides was bowing in, so I guess you could say bow tie effect or hour glass effect). The TV would some times go back to normal but one night after my parents got done watching it they went to turn it on the next day and it wouldn't power up. You can hear a relay click in the back and the tv gives you a code of 12. I've been told replacing the convergence chips (STK392-570) should fix the problem. If one of those go bad can it cause the tv not to power up? I have two ordered and on there way and already have the two old ones removed am I on the right track? You can reach me at mrpibb95@hotmail.com, I have the service manual for the tv if that would help and my parents gave the tv to me because they didn't want to dump more money into repairing it. Any help advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

mav
mav's picture
Larry, looks like you are

Larry, looks like you are the man to go to, I have a mitsubishi WS-65807, have always had good luck with it. It was repaired, ie. resoldered once by a service tech when it was still under warranty, now that time has passed, I did wacth what he did and am fairly adept @ soldering, so I thought I would give it a try. I would like to procure a copy of the service manual if that is at all possible. i look forward to any assistance which you may offer, please reply to advasys@hotmail.com Again my thanks

MikeyMike
MikeyMike's picture
hey you all. Today I was

hey you all. Today I was given this nice Mitsubishi VS-60805. The nice lady that gave it to me said that it worked the last time she used it???? Well I took that bad boy home and fired it up, but it was all bark and no sight. sound, no picture at all. So I took the board out because I knew it would need some sort of repair. Then I discovered the cause of this madness. Noticing fluid on the board I was drawn upward to one of the three lenses. there I discovered that one was leaking mineral oil onto the board. Apparently the oil is there to dissipate the extreme heat produced by the lens and the tube. So now I must turn that leak off and figure out what is wrong with my board. I know it needs a good cleaning, but where to go from there i dont know. I took the lens out and apart and have fresh mineral oil to fill it with but is it even worth it to proceed further. will my picture be distorted. Ahh what a let down. Guess thats why it was free. Suggestions anyone.

PhREaQ
PhREaQ's picture
Hail, Great Larry

Hail, Great Larry

This topic has been a wealth of information, as has this forum.

I have a Mitsu WS-65907, with a code 22, I got from some collage kids.

It looks like some fluid fell onto the board in front of the IC's. Landed right on 2 jumper wires (popped one wide open) and fried at least one of the resisters. (my camera is down so no pics)
I did found 2 bad pico fuses, and ordered them as well as the 2 STK392-570's IC's.

I can't seem to find the 2w 3.5 ohm resistors anywhere local, and have yet to check the net.

Unfortunately the IC's arrived the other day and are STK392-040 :(
I have yet to here back from the website on how to proceed with the exchange.

After I replace the IC's and pico's, I will still need to replace the resistor and jumpers, any ideas on where to get some.

Anything else I should look out for?

Thanks for taking the time to help us out.

chasingamy421
chasingamy421's picture
Larry,

Larry,

Looking at all the post and replies you are the TV God. I have a Mitsubishi ws-55907 and like all the other peeps..the green light is one for a moment and then a click and then nothing. I'm assuming it's on the power board but I did a visual check didn't see anything...might have to get a voltmeter..Do you have the manual or suggestions? You are the man! thanks Wendy wlindsey0421@yahoo.com

PhREaQ
PhREaQ's picture
A bit of. an update.

A bit of. an update.

I will 22-24 gauge wire to replace the jumper wires.

The resistor is R8C05. They are 2W 3.9 ohm resistors, that I should have no problem getting.

I don't recall if checked resistance with my meter yet, so that's next.

The correct convergence IC's are on there way.

I hope to see it turn on soon.

Pages

 

Connect With Techlore