sony KP-51WS510-convergence ic-help

936 posts / 0 new
Last post
Iguana775
I got my TV fixed tonight

I got my TV fixed tonight after ordering the kit.  only had to change the IC's.  I never did any soldering before so it was quite the learning experience. 

nothing like doing something yourself and the satisfaction that goes along with it.  :)

Thanks for the info and help on the site.  :)

jliu66
Iguana775,

Iguana775,

I am going to fix mine. Could you send me the requirement instructions you recevied from Tvrepairkits.com including solding tips?

Thanks in advance.

John
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
john, the instructions are

john, the instructions are not suppose to be shared among each other it just is not fair. how would you feel if you had invented something that saved folks a lot of money on their heating or something like that and someone purchased it from you then shared the instructions with everybody they knew I am certainly sure you would not care for it now would you??????????and they are also copyrighted
Larry

Larry Dillon
Iguana775, great news!

Iguana775, great news!!Congratulations!!!! we try and make it as easy as possible for the first time repair person, thanks for not sending John the instructions as doing that means we would need to charge more for the kits!!Some people are just too cheap!!!!! oh my gosh "Did I say THAT???!!!!"Sorry John but if the chip fits SOLDER IT!!!!!
Larry Dillon.

gotta question
I'm getting ready to fix my

I'm getting ready to fix my Sony KP-51w5510. I was just woundering, are there any pico's I should be looking at replacing also? Could you send me a copy of the manual? I had to tweek the red to keep the tv working. I also got the STK392-570 chips. I understand they are the updated chips to replace and solve the problem of the STK392-560 chips. My email for the manual is [email protected] thanks also could you tell me the sizes and amount of different picos on the board? I have a feeling that I am going to need to replace some. First my red went, so I tweeked it a little. Now my green is going, and every now and then, the screen goes green then black, and stays black until you turn the set off and on again.

gotta question
Hi. I am going to need the

Hi. I am going to need the manual for the sony kp-51ws510, my email is [email protected]. also could you tell me the sizes and amount of different picos on the board? I have a feeling that I am going to need to replace some. First my red went, so I tweeked it a little. Now my green is going, and every now and then, the screen goes green then black, and stays black until you turn the set off and on again.

Larry Dillon
no no no!! you should replace

no no no!! you should replace what is in the set with the same ic numbers there is no such thing as an upgrade for these sets!!The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

gotta question
sorry for the somewhat dupe

sorry for the somewhat dupe post! this link http://www.electronic-repair-kits.com/STK392-560.htm is where I saw the different chip set mentioned. Any insight? I have already ordered the chips and thermal compound elsewhere. I may be able to change the order on the chips. I will still need a manual though. thanks for the quick reply.

gotta question
OK, I replaced the

OK, I replaced the convergance chips. All went well with that. I have two problems though. The first being I have to do a complete convergance set up on this, as per in the service manual downloaded from this site. Any tips, help, sugestions would be nice. Is there a basic setting for the #'s as a starting point. I have gotten it to a nice picture, but the left side has a slight fishbowl thing happening. Couldn;t seem to get the grid blocks to all the same size, both sides are different size blocks. the rest are the same size. Second, the green will flash from time to time, sometimes to the point of the tv shutting off. Is this a resistor problem? If so, any idea on which general one(s)? Thanks in advance for any help.

john711
Purchased a used 2004 KP

Purchased a used 2004 KP-51WS510 over weekend, everthing great - watched grammy's - beautiful. Then Monday, after couple minutes the red and greens look like trying to create 3d, sounds like the same convergance problems that I have seen on all the pages previous. Tried the alignment settings and get to hold only for a little time. Already to order kit from tvrepairkits.com. Could you e-mail me a copy of manual for additional support to what comes in kit. Thank you ---------Actually found correct download with in site. Any comments on above info would be appreciated - ? any other kit companies

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to TV repair kits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, click on here please: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

Larry Dillon

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to TV repair kits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, click on here please: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

cjddgeo
I have a kp-51ws510. I have

I have a kp-51ws510. I have been reading this thread and it seams like I might also have a convergence problem. I just want to make sure before I buy the repair kit. My screen went goofy like all the rest, a week ago. but then after going into the service menu and playing with shutting off the tubes (but not saving it of course) my screen came back to normal, actually is was great. for about 2 days then it happen again. So I played with the tubes again, and it was fixed for about 10 min. Now the screen stays goofed up. So do the ic's fail then work then fail again? Could this be another issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris

gotta question
Have fun getting any other

Have fun getting any other response from this site, other than the generic. Go to this other site buy their stuff, ask them for help B.S. listed above! That's all that I got from this site in a month's time. you stand a better chance of getting answers by reading the manual, than asking them here. I had no problem with these chips from here --> http://www.bluestar-online.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=stk392-570&Searc... they are 70's not 60's, they have a higher tollerance than the 60's, and are also offered as a replacement for the 60's by the place that Larry keeps refering to. Contrary to the first response that I got here. these are nice tv's and worth the extra time fixing, but me, I'm still waiting (1 month...) for answers on how to finish tweeking the sub menu for a better picture. You will need the manual from the resorces page on this site.

mathelm
Jeze dude, there close to a

Jeze dude, there close to a 900 comments on this thread. On a TV that anybody in their right mind would have replaced with a cheap LCD by now. I've put hours into this thread and I can't imagine how much time Larry has in it. Every question has been asked an answered at least twice already.

Oh, and enjoy the FREE manual that some of us worked so hard to lay our hands on.

Larry Dillon
I have heard from many who

I have heard from many who have bought from the place you refure to and they have nothing but troubles most are that they do not last you are very luck as I did purchase a set also But NOT for a Sony set just to see them and they do not LOOK like thee original yes you can tell by the lettering, and if you can wipe off the lettering with nail-polish remover then they are the cheap imports Also as far as I know Sony has no other chip approved as an "update" for the original chips. oh and this is yet another answer that I have posted at least three times now.REPLACE THE CHIP WITH THE NUMBER YOU TAKE OUT!!
Larry D.

Larry Dillon
and Dude what are you talking

and Dude what are you talking about if you have a problem here spill it!!! don't be answering in a round about way as you are bashing now!!!????WHO???????
Larry D.

gotta question
Sorry for the rant, just

Sorry for the rant, just really frustrated. On the 8th of last month I asked twice for the manual (thank you), with no response. being new to the forum, I didn't know where things are stashed. It took a little while to find it. I have a tv in the middle of my livingroom that was screwing up, with kids wanting it fixed (not a fun place to be) and I did ask specific questions with dead silence from here. The answers that I did get were from the manual, which in some spots is not an easy read (lost my super decoder ring). I like a challenge as much as the next guy but..... Please, don't get me wrong, I do thank you for the time and info that you have placed on this site. It's just that I ask a couple questions like I did on the 28th and get nothing. I rant and two people chime in.

Larry Dillon
OK no problem this site is

OK no problem this site is NOT monitored 24/7 only a few of us, come on frequently!!!
are you up and working now???
let us know please as maybe we can forgive you for the rant and help you and your kids out!!!!!
Larry D.

gotta question
I am on now, and thank you. I

I am on now, and thank you. I have a nice picture on the tv but, if you go into the sub menu and bring up the grid, the last row top to bottom (left side) are squished, which causes a fish bowl thing to happen when watching. also I still have some flicker with the green (not sure if it's caused by the fishbowl stuff or maybe a resister) that after being on for a few hours will sometimes flood the screen with green and shut the tv off. I have a couple questions concerning the manual, if you want while you are reading this, I'll go take a look at it and then ask.

gotta question
After looking at the manual

After looking at the manual again, I think I have the problem with that taken care of.

Larry Dillon
make sure every feedback

make sure every feedback resistors is within specs, and use the sets service menu, NOT the customers convergence adj menu.

RobinS
Larry,

Larry,

Just got the dreaded blinking green lite on our Mitsubishi WS-65813 rear-proejection TV. Happened after a power surge on Super Bowl Sunday of all days! Do you still have your repair instructions available? If so could you please send? Would be so much appreciated. Thanks!

gotta question
Larry Dillon said: make sure

Larry Dillon said: make sure every feedback resistors is within specs, and use the sets service menu, NOT the customers convergence adj menu.

Will do, Do you suggest to save time, I just replace all the resistors behind the convergance chips? They aren't that expensive, and it's going to be just as much of a pain to do one as it is all. I have been using the service menu, I don't have cust. convergance menu on my tv. It's the crosshatch grid that has the squished blocks on the left side.

avpatjac
Replaced the ICP's. The

Replaced the ICP's. The convergence is still bad on the Sony KP-51ws510. How much and where to purchase the board with ICP's?

Larry Dillon
you also need to replace the

you also need to replace the convergence ic's not just the icp's

avpatjac
Can anyone supply me with the

Can anyone supply me with the kp-51ws510 manual. I just replaced 2 STK392-560 convergence ic that I purchased online. The picture is still out of convergence. not sure what needs to be replaced. Three years ago I paid to have the repair done. I don't want that expense again.The picture is exactly the same after putting in the new ic's. Thanks in advance.

Larry Dillon

KSL
I replaced the IC chips but

I replaced the IC chips but now my calibration is way off. I know how to go about going into the service mode but I don't have the right numbers to input into the fields.

The calibration problem was result of my own tinkering. Prior to replacing the IC chip I thought I could fix it going into service mode and adjusting the alignment. I was wrong.

The IC chip replacement did fix the convergence issue I had. :)

avpatjac
Does anyone have a good

Does anyone have a good picture of how the soldering should look when completed. The IC's have been changed but my convergence is worse though the picture in the convergence blur seems to be sharper.

Pages

Connect With Techlore