sony KP-51WS510-convergence ic-help

936 posts / 0 new
Last post
matt G
Larry thank you for your help

Larry thank you for your help. can you send me the copy for the service manual for the sony KP-51WS510. I am having red convergence issues. Thanks a ton!
[email protected]

cowboyfrompa
Hey kinda new to this whole

Hey kinda new to this whole tv repair thing. mostly work on car electronics but when my sony kp-65ws-500 got the convergence issue i decided to fix myself. and with the help of this thread i got it done, but i have one problem now-when i amatuer soldered the pins togather on the new ic's two of the pins are now soldered togather? is there a quick fix for this other than trying to remove the solder and do it again?

BidDogBob
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I have a Sony Color projection TV model KP45S25. Does your manual apply to this model? What about the IC listed above as well? I have experience soldering, and have a good iron, so I'm comfortable doing the replacement. Just need the correct parts and manual and I'll give it a shot.

My email address is rwhundl at gmail dot com (don't want to bots spamming me). Thanks Larry!

--Bob

vitovonantwon
HI,

HI,

Gmail accepts huge file transfers, can you send the file to me as well.
I'll give it a go.

Antonio

radphy
Larry Dillon said: pun, whats

Larry Dillon said: pun, whats the model number, they are talking about 3 to 4 differant one's here?

Larry could you send me the manual for a Sony KP61XBR48?

Thanks

[email protected]

jason77
hello after a year of

hello after a year of thinking about it i finally just ordered the convergence set from tvrepairkits.com. cant wait to get it but i was wondering if i could get a copy of the service manual and wat do i need to download to recieve it. thank you and its for a sony kp51ws510 rear projection. thank you in advance for any help

jason77
oh and my email is jjhuse77

oh and my email is [email protected] i suppose that would help thank you

jason77
i also had that problem on

i also had that problem on the third pin wen i desoldered but on both ic's is the third pin not used on both or am i screwed. thank you

xkalebur1973
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Could I take you up on your offer for a copy of the service manual as well please? My brother has a SONY KP-51ws510 with a convergence problem and I hope this will take care of the problem for him. Please email it and anything else that you might think would be useful to fix this problem to [email protected]. Thank you so much in advance.

X

xkalebur1973
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Could I take you up on your offer for a copy of the service manual as well? My brother has a SONY KP-51WS510 with a convergence problem and I was hoping ordering the convergence kit will fix it. Can you please email me the service manual and anything else you think might be helpful.
My email address is [email protected].

Thanks,

X

static_k
Hi,

Hi,

I was hoping that someone would be able to email me the service manual for the KP-51WS510.

Larry if you are still on here could you send it to [email protected].

Thanks!

Jferg
My sony kp-51ws510 has the

My sony kp-51ws510 has the convergence issue that I have read about on your forum. At first it would only happen when the tv was first turned on, about three minutes, then go back to normal. Yesterday it did not go back to normal for several hours so I took your advice and order the repair kit from tvrepairkits.com (great website! Thanks).
After ordering the kit, the tv decided to go back to normal. This seems odd to me and it doesn't seem like I have bad ic's or fuses since the problem is intermittent.
This tv had the convergence problem about 3 years ago and I took it to the local tv tech. I am sure they told me they replace the ic's but is it was a while ago.
Please let me know if I should replace these parts or does it sound like another problem altogether
Thanks for your website and forum! It is a great service to us and I will tell everyone I know about you!

static_k
static_k said: Hi, I was

static_k said: Hi, I was hoping that someone would be able to email me the service manual for the KP-51WS510. Larry if you are still on here could you send it to [email protected]. Thanks!

Sorry everyone but I jumped the gun on asking for the manual before reading through all the posts. After reading I found the manual could be downloaded from here:

http://www.techlore.com/group/2/list_downloads

The Name/Description is SONY SERVICE MANUAL RA-6A w/schematics.

Thanks.

hupko
larry i need a schematic for

larry i need a schematic for the sony kp 51ws510 please thank you

static_k
I just want to thank everyone

I just want to thank everyone in this thread. After reading all the posts I was able to fix my TV. I replaced the 2 convergence ICs (STK392-570) and I had to replace one of the 5A pico fuses on the G board. Got the whole thing fixed for just under $25 Smile

I ordered my stuff from http://www.bluestar-online.com/

Order Details:

Code Item Qty Price Total
STK392-570 STK392-570 2 $6.99 $13.98
5 AMP PICO FUSE 5 AMP PICO FUSE 2 $0.99 $1.98

Sub Total: $15.96
  NY: $0.00
  Shipping: $8.54
  Grand Total: $24.50

Thanks Again!

HAL1225
Hi Larry or anyone who can e

Hi Larry or anyone who can e-mail the service manual for my Sony KP-51WS510 TV serial no 8739173 so I may replace the IC chips 2STK392-560 . My email is [email protected]
Thank you very much!

Hal1225=Harry

HAL1225
Hi, I apologize for not

Hi, I apologize for not reading the post all the way down. I was able to down load the manual from the link in Static_K's post. Thank you all very much. I am going to order from Static-k's recommendation! I have a way of messing things up for some reason. Pulling this off would be a big deal to me! Static_K did you mean PT No. STK392-560 instead of STK392-570? Mine is the 560. Thank you and I am glad you could give this info on your success.

Harry

srvgtrfan
I have asked this question in

I have asked this question in the past but never got a clear answer. My kp51ws510 was repaired once already for convergence over a year ago. Now my tv looks different than the original convergence issue. From the middle of the screen all the way to the right side, everything looks great. from middle to left side, the red gradually gets worse (convergence/ghosting)until far left side is horrible. Slight skewing of red on left side as well(curving upward). Never seen a tv have a perfect picture on right side from middle to right and middle to left gradually get bad. Is this something the pico fuses or ICs can cause? Thanks.

Chris

hupko
it would be the ics and if

it would be the ics and if the fuses check out good but if they don t need to replace themyou could of gotten bad ic

Unworthy
Wow- I can see that getting

Wow- I can see that getting my Sony KP-51ws510 repaired will be fun . May I ask for a manual also ? It looks as though the parts are available at least which will be a great help also in addition to all of your good information here. Thanks so much for the posts and the info and tips you have given us to make the repairs. My email is:
[email protected]
and I thank you in advance . Keep soldering and praying ! !

Unworthy
Whoops- I see the link for

Whoops- I see the link for your manual download pages Larry and all- you have evidently been researching this a while and thanks for your diligence and expertise. I will post back with my repair story and thanks to you all- best site I have ever found for electronic repairs ! !

hupko
getting off sony what can i

getting off sony what can i do for a 360 xbox wireless headset will not charge can not do anything with it they say to take it back but you need the recit to do that don t have one anymore how can i repair it does anyone know what to do

CameronMkelly
Hi their, I found all of this

Hi their, I found all of this quite helpful. I have an issue with convergence and the images are concave. I'm pretty sure i need to replace both of the Convergence ICs but the TV is south of me by 70 miles or so. I would like to verify the part number before i order the two STK392-560 ICs. Would you mind sending me the service manual? My email is [email protected]. Am i correct in assuming that both ICs will be the same?

willd0g
Hello,

Hello,

I got an kp-51ws510 that has a red blinking light the series is 8 red blinks. I am trying to find the service manual to find out what this code translates into. If you have any help or guidance, I would be gratful. Thanks

DonC
Larry,

Larry,
I have a Sony KP51WS510 since 2003 and never had any issues until now. I seem to be having the same symptoms as others on this post. I have already reasearched the necessary IC's but would like to get a copy of the service manual from you if possible. The whole board may be an easier swap so I will decide after a little more research.

Thanks in advance!!

Don

Sorry for not reading through, found the post for the manual.

evil
http://www.techlore.com/forum
Sheryk
How do I know what "chip" I

How do I know what "chip" I need for my tv? DO I have to take the part out to find out?

evil
Give me a make model and

Give me a make model and chassis{if you can find it} and ill give you the link for the right one.

Sheryk
Where can I go to purchase

Where can I go to purchase these parts I need to fix my tv?

evil
Make and model,ill post a

Make and model,ill post a link for a kit that has everything in it that you will need including instructions on how to install them.

Pages

Connect With Techlore