Mitsubishi WS65613 Light blinking

612 posts / 0 new
Last post
Brad Mower
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

First, I want to take a minute to tell you thanks for the time and efforts you give his board and subject.  As with many others on this board, I'm also having problems with my Mitsubishi WS-65613.  It first failed me a couple nights ago, I reset, unplugged and plugged back in a couple times with no success.  We left it unplugged last night and plugged it in this morning and the light still flashed.  About two hours later the light stopped flashing and the TV came back on.

While the TV was not working, I contacted the service provider for my warranty and set up an appointment to have it fixed.  Now that it is working, can they still look at it and maybe replace the four capacitors or does it have to be dead?  What would you recommend?

Thanks again,

Brad Mower

Larry Dillon
Brad, if they are servicers

Brad, if they are servicers of this product, I am sure they know of the capacitor problem. One problem is, a lot of warranty companies are lazy and will say they cannot find the problem. Have them replace the DM board or at least the capacitors, even if the set is working. I have seen this happen as you describe a hundred times man. Thats the first symptom of the caps going bad. The set not working and then working again. Good Luck

Brad Mower
Thanks for your reply.  I'll

Thanks for your reply.  I'll let you know how things work out.

Have a super weekend.

pjamie
Larry,Bump up that percentage

Larry,Bump up that percentage of fixes mine is now working. I replaced the caps with the ones from radio shack without any luck. Because I found my original caps raised on the top like everyone talks about I knew you all were on the right track. I ordered caps from Mouser Electronics they are .25 cents each and had them shipped overnight for $30.00. I installed them being very careful to look at the entire board for any other reason for failure. Everything looked good even the Radio Shack caps. I installed the new .25 cent caps making sure the soldiering was perfect then I reinstalled the board without the shield metal box and plugged the set in. The green light was flashing like it had been. I couldn’t sit and watch it for even the 60 sec it take to reset so I left the room. When I came back in the light was out so I hit the power button and YES the set came on. After dancing around my living room yelling I just saved $800 I turned it off unplugged it and put the shield back on the board and reassembled the set.  Im not really sure if it was the Radio Shack caps that were 32V and 85C temp that just didn’t work with my unit or I missed something when I soldered even though I re did the joints a second time. But it is so worth it to order from Mouser  Electronics in my eyes.  Larry, Thank You for putting this forum together and doing such a great job with the instructions.

Jamie    

Jfortu
Larry Dillon said: jfortu, to

Larry Dillon said: jfortu, to where?

To [email protected]. Thank you!

Larry Dillon
Jamie, great news on your

Jamie, great news on your sucsess with the repair. Jfortu, i will be sending out the info and documents a little bit latter tonight. Good Luck with the repair.

bluefish211
thanks for the documents, im

thanks for the documents, im gonna try it out now. =)

notatechy
Larry,

Larry,

The "Death Flash" on my ws-65813 has led me to this site.  I would appreciate it if you could send me the instructions on how to replace the caps.  Thanks.

Dead-TV
Dead-TV said: I too have the

Dead-TV said: I too have the dreaded blinking light on a Mitsubishi WS-65613  If you could please send the manual and repair information to me - thanks!

Well another one repaired successfully - I picked up the capacitors at an electronics supply house - they were 35V 105*c rated versions and fit but were tight against each other (they were out of the 16 and 25v units - must be a lot of failing units out there Laughing )

Thanks to all that provided a great thread to go to and get this thing fixed on the cheap!

Larry Dillon
Great news man! Congrats goes

Great news man! Congrats goes out to you and all the others who follower=d the directions properly.

notatechy
Larry Dillon said: Great news

Larry Dillon said: Great news man! Congrats goes out to you and all the others who follower=d the directions properly.

Larry,

Can you please send me the info. [email protected].  Thanks

Brad Mower
Larry Dillon said: Brad, if

Larry Dillon said: Brad, if they are servicers of this product, I am sure they know of the capacitor problem. One problem is, a lot of warranty companies are lazy and will say they cannot find the problem. Have them replace the DM board or at least the capacitors, even if the set is working. I have seen this happen as you describe a hundred times man. Thats the first symptom of the caps going bad. The set not working and then working again. Good Luck

Hi Larry,  The service people came out this afternoon to take care of my TV.  Just like you suggested, the 4 capacitors were replaced.  I talked to the technician about putting in the capacitors you recommended.  He said that since it was under warranty he had to follow the Mitsubishi repair guidelines and put in what they recommended.  He said that these were better than the originals.  I cannot read it all, but here is the description of the replacements (used an asktrisk where unknown)  680 ***@16V.   I watched him do most of the repair.  It was exactly per the pictures and directions I've seen posted here.  After putting things back together, he tuned the TV for convergence.  He noted it was out a bit and that I might expect to have issues within 3-4 years, but since I only have 2 years of warranty left, to give it about 1.5 years and request service for fuzziness.  Is this another recurring problem with this type of TV?  Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for your time and advice.  There are many of us here that recognize your contribution and appreciate it very much.  I wish you and your family the merriest and grandest of all holidays.

Brad Mower

Larry Dillon
Thanks Brad, The capacitors

Thanks Brad, The capacitors will probably go bad again in a few years. The convergnce IC goes  bad in these TV sets a lot.

Brad Mower
Larry Dillon said: Thanks

Larry Dillon said: Thanks Brad, The capacitors will probably go bad again in a few years. The convergnce IC goes  bad in these TV sets a lot.

When the warranty expires I'll be following your advice exactly.  Until then, I guess it's being done for free.

rbc1225
Hi Larry, I seem to have woke

Hi Larry, I seem to have woke up to a very common problem it seems with my Mitsubishi WS65613. Would you mind sending me the documents to fix the problem of the blinking power light? Set does not come on but the green light just sits there and blinks.

Thanks in advance

Rusty

James36
Larry,

Larry,

I also have a WS-65613 and was hoping you could send me the docs to repair this lovely blinking light issue.  As I haven't been able to watch it for 2 weeks now.  :(

Thanks,

James

Larry Dillon
Rusty and James, Without an e

Rusty and James, Without an e-mail address, I cannot send you anything.

rbc1225
Larry Dillon said: Rusty and

Larry Dillon said: Rusty and James, Without an e-mail address, I cannot send you anything.

I am sorry, I for some reason thought there was a link to be able to email members. My email is

[email protected]

Thanks

Rusty

Larry Dillon
Not a problem Rusty, I will

Not a problem Rusty, I will mail the documents out to you shortly. Good Luck

bpaglier
Larry,

Larry,

I just bought a WS-65613 used and now I have the blinking light problem. Would you please send me the documents you have been providing to others?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks

Bill

dusterguy
I have the dreaded flashing

I have the dreaded flashing green light of death can u please send me the repair instructions for the    ws-55613 model?

Thank you very much I have read the entire thread and think you’re an awesome person for helping strangers like us for free

Keep up the excellent work  J

My email is [email protected]

Jon

rbc1225
Well I got the board out and

Well I got the board out and it does look like the caps are buldging. I will try to pick some up this weekend and hopefully that takes care of my problem. Will keep you informed.

Rusty

Larry Dillon
Great Dusty. If you need any

Great Dusty. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Larry Dillon
Jon, I will send out the

Jon, I will send out the documents as well as the service manual. Good Luck with the repair.

Ernie Stewart
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I also have the Mitsubishi WS-65613 with the never ending blinking green light.  Can you send me a copy of the fix and repair manual also.  Thank you very much.

My email is:  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Ernie, the repair documents

Ernie, the repair documents will go out a little latter this morning. Good Luck with the repair.

stlouisman
Hi Larry-don't know my way

Hi Larry-don't know my way around this site but I've posted on a couple of other threads. I have the same blinking light problem with my WS 65613. Can you or anyone else here who has them, email them to me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
Sure man, I do not understand

Sure man, I do not understand where you posted but if it was on the right thread I would have gotten them out to you. I will be sending out the information later this evening. Good luck

Jimbo17361
Larry,

Larry,

Had poere outage. I have a Mitsu WS-55859. could you please send the information I need to fix the blinking light to [email protected]

Labchief
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I guess that I have now joined the lost souls looking for answers club.  Same tv, same problem, different day.  I would be very thankfull to recieve any help that you could give.  Thanks much and have a great day!       [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore