Mitsubishi WS65613 Light blinking

612 posts / 0 new
Last post
fjintx
Jon Law said: BTW my surface

Jon Law said: BTW my surface mount capacitor "fuses" weren't bad.. forgot to mention that. All my problem involved was just those four caps. My caps were about an eighth to a quarter inch taller than the factory ones and they still allowed the box to fit over the DM board. If anyone is in the Austin, TX area with this problem, please message me (you will need to register).  I will come and fix your TV if you don't feel comfortable with unscrewing/soldering.  

Hello Jon,
I just discovered the flashing light syndrome on my Mitsubishi WS-65613 this morning. I work at AMD and have technical background.  However, I would really value any help you can provide as well as a schematic diagram for this tv.  Better yet, could you call or come by, I'll make sure you leave with the beer of your choice.  [email protected]  512-301-3550
Thanks,
Frank

fjintx
Larry Dillon said: ramirez33,

Larry Dillon said: ramirez33, they are on there way man. Good Luck

Hello Larry,

I have my Misubishi WS-65613 apart in the living room and would sure appreciate your sending any technical support information you may have.  I have the technical background to work with schematics if you have one as well as a component location document.
Thanks in advance for your support!
Frank

dbeck
Larry,

Larry,

I have been reading all the info on the mits rear projection.  I was hoping you could help me out with some direction on how to change the 4 caps on the mits ws65713.  The blinking light is on and does not seem to shut off, regardless of how long it is plugged in.  The tv seems to fit into the criteria that i have read about.  Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

D

Larry Dillon
dbeck, how do you want me to

dbeck, how do you want me to assist you? You did not leave an e-mail address. Frank, the AMD GUY, all you need to do man is ask once. I will send the info you need in the next mailing tonight. Good Luck

Ryan28a
my ws-65613 started the

my ws-65613 started the blinking light thing las Tues nite, b/c of thxgiving I just left the TV unplugged (hoping it would cure thy self), it didn't.  Could I get a copy of the docs ya'll are using sent to: [email protected]

Please

fjintx
Larry Dillon said: dbeck, how

Larry Dillon said: dbeck, how do you want me to assist you? You did not leave an e-mail address. Frank, the AMD GUY, all you need to do man is ask once. I will send the info you need in the next mailing tonight. Good Luck

Hello Larry,
My apologies for the many posts requesting the Mitsubishi technical information.  Since your PM was turned off, I didn't know how a moderator system works and was trying to locate your email address.  Again, my apologies.
Frank

dbeck
sorry larry my email is

sorry larry my email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
No problem Frank, you imagine

No problem Frank, you imagine how many responses I would get if I did have my e-mail open or on? Good Luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
Ryan and dbeck, the info has

Ryan and dbeck, the info has been sent out. Good Luck with the repair.

Strad
Hello Lary,

Hello Lary,

I am a new member today, I too have the green blinking light on my Mitsubishi WS-65613 and no sound or picture, it happend the day after thanksgiving.

I found your post here and was amazed there are so many people with the same problem, you are saving the land fields of alot of Big TV's.

Could I please get a copy of those documents and the fix sent to me? [email protected]

Dead-TV
I too have the dreaded

I too have the dreaded blinking light on a Mitsubishi WS-65613  If you could please send the manual and repair information to me - thanks!

Larry Dillon
strad and dead-TV, I will be

strad and dead-TV, I will be sending out the documents you requested shortly. Good luck with the repair of your TV set. Please respond back on your success or if it did not work.

pcmeadows
I can't believe I have to add

I can't believe I have to add my name to the list of people that have a bad Mitsubishi WS-65613. Purchased this one January 2004 and I have the blinking green light problem.  It has happened a couple of times before, but it always seemed to "reset" itself.  It's been four days now and still no TV.  I have the same TV downstairs and after reading this forum now fear it is just a matter of time that both of these TV's are mere boat anchors.  Has Mitsubishi admitted there is a problem?  Is there a count of how many people have reported this?  On the bright side it sounds like it is an inexpensive fix if done right.

Larry, can you please send the documents to me at pcmeadows at cox.net?  I've done some soldering before, but am a little hesitant to do this one.  I may take it to a good technician in Oklahoma City.  I'm thinking maybe I can remove the board and take it to the repair guy to save some $$$.  But if it's straightforward I'm sure I can handle it.

Larry Dillon
It really is not a very

It really is not a very difficult thing to do my friend. I will send you the info and with the pictures and the factory service manual, you will repair BOTH of your TV sets and save about 2000 bucks in the meantime, as that is what each repair will cost you. About a 1000 bucks a pop!  Yes, If you have the same model of TV that is still working, for sure change or have those capacitors changed as sometimes the leakage from the capacitors, if it sits long enough will ruin the printed circuit  board and then you have to have the DM replaced. Good Luck with the repairs.

pcmeadows
Thank you for the quick

Thank you for the quick response Larry.  I just received the documentation and will try to source all the capacitors this evening.  If I can fix the "boat anchor" I'll definitely tackle the good one right after.  I'll repost after my success (hopefully) this weekend.

Worst case scenario, what is the cost of a new DM?

Larry Dillon
You can have the DM

You can have the DM overhauled at ptscorp.com. Go there and get their phone number and ask for a price. I think it is about 175 bucks or so. A new one is about 800 or so. You can go to mouserelectronics.com to get the hi temp capacitors. http://www.mouser.com/catalog/632/634.pdf

naeteck
Larry,

Larry,

Hi, I have a mitsubishi WS-65819 that began with the blinking light this morning.  I don't have the money to pay a repair person to fix it so I would like to give it a try myself.  I was told it is a defective DM module.  Is this correct?  I am very mechanically inclined, and also know people who do soldering here at my work.  Can I do this myself and if so will you please email me any documents, parts info, and tips you have to guide me through it?  I would really appreciate the help.  I'd also really like to get some extra sugar from my husband if I can pull it off....

Thanks In Advance, Renee   teckenb@ yahoo.com

Larry Dillon
These are the parts you need

These are the parts you need:HERE. I do not have the service manual for that but it is available HERE. I will send you the repair documents for the three types of DM boards. Good luck

pjamie
I too have the dreaded

I too have the dreaded blinking light on my Mitsubishi WS-65613  If you could please send the manual and repair information to [email protected] Thank you so much for your help I hope I can return the favor to the group someday. Jamie

Larry Dillon
pjamie, the documents you

pjamie, the documents you asked for are on there way man. Including the factory service manual Good Luck with this repair. The ratio is now about 83% are repairing their TV sets with this information.

pcmeadows
Larry Dillon said: You can

Larry Dillon said: You can have the DM overhauled at ptscorp.com. Go there and get their phone number and ask for a price. I think it is about 175 bucks or so. A new one is about 800 or so. You can go to mouserelectronics.com to get the hi temp capacitors. http://www.mouser.com/catalog/632/634.pdf

Pulled the DM board from the first tv tonight successfully, but may take it in to have it looked at.  When checking out the caps I noticed the back side of the board looks like something has leaked on it.  If I didn't know better I'd have to say it looks like coke, but I don't know how that could be.  It's brown, but not really sticky.  None of the caps or cap solder joints look like they've actually leaked.  Oh, well.  All that is left now is to try new caps and see what happens.  I need to hurry though as the wife told me the other Mistubishi TV we own powered off tonight for about five minutes and flashed then came back on.  Looks like it is headed downhill.

I'm more than pissed at Mitsubishi.

Larry Dillon
pc, you need to clean off

pc, you need to clean off that cola looking stuff from the board right away, as it may be leakage from the capacitors! Use denatured alcohol and a clean brush. Take out the capacitors and clean underneath where they sit also. Good Luck.

pjamie
Larry, Thank you so much for

Larry, Thank you so much for the quick service I asked for the info and in 20 min it was in my mail box. You did a great job with the instructions and pictures. Unfortunatly I am in the 17% it didnt fix my set. I removed my board a 2nd time and re soldered the caps thinking I didn't do a good job but no luck. I used the Radio Shack part numbers you gave they are 35V and lower temp so I ordered the Mouser ones 16 V high temp I am just waisting my time I'm sure but I can only hope. Any other ideas or fixes you know of.

We spend all the time and money trying to buy the right set for the best price and my friends that bought the cheep ones are still watching them Thanks Mitsubishi Yell for your quality and support. Thats just funny they have no idea about this problem its just us that have expearanced this maybe they should take a look here.      Jamie

Larry Dillon
Jamie, try checking the 2 or

Jamie, try checking the 2 or three small surface mounted fuses on the solder side of the printed circuit board. They are white in color and you should see some yellow writing around them. That cola looking stuff might have damaged the printed circuit board. I have seen this a dozon or so times.

pcmeadows
Larry Dillon said: pc, you

Larry Dillon said: pc, you need to clean off that cola looking stuff from the board right away, as it may be leakage from the capacitors! Use denatured alcohol and a clean brush. Take out the capacitors and clean underneath where they sit also. Good Luck.

Thanks Larry.  I'm cleaning it tonight just in case, I did have a second opinion that it looked a little like flux...Not sure I agree, but I'm cleaning it anyway.  Didn't have time to get the caps today, but will try to get it all fixed by Friday and report back.  And yes, I'm getting enough caps for both tv's.

caroth
Hello, I have a WS-55813 with

Hello, I have a WS-55813 with the blinking light going for 36 hours now.  Could you please send instructions on how to fix this to [email protected]  Thanks! Chris

Larry Dillon
They will go out this morning

They will go out this morning. Good luck with the repair.

Larry

Jfortu
Larry Dillon said: Hef, I am

Larry Dillon said: Hef, I am sending out the repair docs to you.

Larry, can you please forward the repair docs to me as well for the WS-65613 Mitsubishi Projection TV? I am having the blinking light issue as well. Is it possible to email them to me? Thanks!

Taningray

I also woke up this morning to a "green blinking light" that won't shut off. 

Larry Dillon, or anyone who has received the repair Docs, could you please send them to me.  This is my 1st full weekend off, have a stack of DVD's we wanted to watch, instead we get the blinking light.

Here is my [email protected] 

Thanks for the assistance,

Jeff 

Larry Dillon
Jeff you should have these

Jeff you should have these documents shortly. Good Luck

Pages

Connect With Techlore