Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
MommaFrye
Now the lines look green, but

Now the lines look green, but are coming and going................... I hope this isn't going to be another big fix.

Larry Dillon
If they are a specific color,

If they are a specific color, there could be a problem with the green driver board, or the green picture tube.

MommaFrye
How much would a service

How much would a service manual be?

Larry Dillon
It is normally about 30 bucks

It is normally about 30 bucks, but for you momma, it is free.

mattk
and another joins the club

and another joins the club after a power outage this morning.  Could you please send me the dm board cap replacement doc as well:).   I needed something to do this weekend.  Thanks

[email protected] 

ray ray
 I have the same problem that

I have the same problem that everyone else has I just need to know where is the DM?

Thank you, Ray

ray ray
 Larry could you email me the

Larry could you email me the super fix it repair procedures/pics for the Mitsubishi "blinking green light of death ".

Thank you, Ray Ray

Larry Dillon
mat, I sent you out the DM

mat, I sent you out the DM repair. Remember though, if you do not know how to solder really well do not take a chance and ruin the printed circuit board. Let a pro assist you if need be, because if this repairs your problem, you will still be ahead of the game by a good 800 bucks or so. Good Luck and let us know how this repair turns out for you.

Larry Dillon
ray ray I would be glad to

ray ray I would be glad to but to where? Sorry but my crystal ball is in the shop.

MommaFrye
Larry Dillon said: It is

Larry Dillon said: It is normally about 30 bucks, but for you momma, it is free.

Well you are the best thing since sliced bread!!!  Thanks so much.  What do I need to do to get it.

Larry Dillon
Mamma fry,  LOL, leave a

Mamma fry,  LOL, leave a contact such as an e-mail address and I will send it to you.

epritchard
Larry,  Any chance I could

Larry,  Any chance I could get the DM capacitor replacement procedure and service manual for a Mitsu WS-55613.

Thanks,  [email protected]

sdezara
I would like to thank Larry

I would like to thank Larry Dillion and this great Forum I have brought my paperweight back to live !!!!

LawrenceD
Larry, Would it also be

Larry, Would it also be possible to send me a copy of the procedure and service manual (I have a WS-55813); I've got the same power-up failure symptoms (blinking green light of death). Your procedure is very well written, and I'm sure the pictures would also be very helpful.

Digikey appears to be out of stock on the caps you recommended, so I bought (4) Radio Shack 1000uf 35V 20% tol caps instead. Their temp rating is -40 to +85 degree C. Do you see any problem using the higher voltage rating? (I'm assuming Mitsubishi is not using the failing 16V caps as "fuses" to protect other circuit components from being damaged).

Thanks, [email protected]

MommaFrye
Larry Dillon said: Mamma fry

Larry Dillon said: Mamma fry,  LOL, leave a contact such as an e-mail address and I will send it to you.

Larry, thanks so much. Email to [email protected]

You have been a life saver!!! 

Larry Dillon
eprichard and Lawrence, I

eprichard and Lawrence, I have sent you both the procedure to repair your Mitsubishi TV set. As long as you can solder and can put the set back together, you should have no problems doing this. But if you do not know how to solder, play it safe and pay a pro to do this for you as you are already ahead of the game. Good Luck and let us know how this repair works out for you.

Larry Dillon
What was that model number

What was that model number you need MommaFrye? This old mind is not what it used to be.

Larry Dillon
Screen, great news on your

Screen, great news on your repair!  See there are good people letf in the world.  Good Luck

ray ray
 Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Sorry about not giving you a email address. Thank you very much up front for the info:) Please send the info to [email protected] You seem to be the head guru and the one to ask. Have a great day!!

ray ray
 By the way, the model # is

By the way, the model # is Mitsu WS-55613. Thanks again on the info for the green blinking light of death.

Larry Dillon
Ray ray I sent you the info.

Ray ray I sent you the info. Good Luck and let us know how this turns out for you.

MommaFrye
Larry Dillon said: What was

Larry Dillon said: What was that model number you need MommaFrye? This old mind is not what it used to be.

Sorry, I have the 55613

Larry Dillon
No problem, it is not your

No problem, it is not your fault my mind is old and full of dust!  It is on its way.

vremsing
Larry Dillon said: vremsing,

Larry Dillon said: vremsing, where do you wish me to send them to?  I have no clue who you are or what your e-mail address is?

sorry larry never recieved info  its  [email protected]

dinobyte76
Larry, can you send me the

Larry, can you send me the documentation on the DM repair as well?  [email protected]  would be greatly appreciated

epritchard
Larry, thanks for the info. 

Larry, thanks for the info.  Will definitely let you know how repair goes.  Any strong feelings about using the 35v capacitors available from Radio Shack vs the Panasonic ones which seem to be out of stock?

Thanks again,  epritchard

Larry Dillon
I told you on your e-mail. as

I told you on your e-mail. as long as they fit, and are of the high temperature, go for it, as in the document this is addressed. If you use cheap caps, you will be in the same boat a few months or maybe a year or so down the road. You are already saving a butt load of cash. Why skimp on these capacitors. Rat shack uses the cheapest type of china caps around. Go for the better capacitors. if this board goes out, look to spend at least 800 bucks if not more. USE what is recommended for a reliable repair. That's my opinion on this. Someone else may say Oh a capacitor is just a capacitor. NO IT IS NOT!!  Not when your dealing with DIGITAL electronics.  Use the best at the best tolerance and the temperature rating. Once again, DO not skimp on this repair.

roadriderg
Larry Dillon said: I told you

Larry Dillon said: I told you on your e-mail. as long as they fit, and are of the high temperature, go for it, as in the document this is addressed. If you use cheap caps, you will be in the same boat a few months or maybe a year or so down the road. You are already saving a butt load of cash. Why skimp on these capacitors. Rat shack uses the cheapest type of china caps around. Go for the better capacitors. if this board goes out, look to spend at least 800 bucks if not more. USE what is recommended for a reliable repair. That's my opinion on this. Someone else may say Oh a capacitor is just a capacitor. NO IT IS NOT!!  Not when your dealing with DIGITAL electronics.  Use the best at the best tolerance and the temperature rating. Once again, DO not skimp on this repair.

Larry

Digikey has backorder the panasonic capacitor you recommended. I found these at mouser.com

Would either of these work or do you have a alternate? My tv is a ws-55859 and it used 7 of these.

Mouser Part Numbera are 140-HTRL16V1000-RC 

(140-ESRL16V1000-RC this capacitor may be to big for circuit board )

Thanks

Gary

Larry Dillon
Not a problem Gary. These

Not a problem Gary. These should do the trick for you. Good Call!

roadriderg
Larry Dillon said: Not a

Larry Dillon said: Not a problem Gary. These should do the trick for you. Good Call!

Larry 

Thanks I will give the esr's a try as they seem of higher life.

Gary

Pages

Connect With Techlore