Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
sharber, I just sent you the

sharber, I just sent you the document for the DM board repair.  One thing though.  If you have little or no soldering experience, please take the DM board to an experienced tech or someone who knows how to solder.  I have heard that there have beed a few who have attempted this repair and have turn an easy repair into a $10000.00 repair, as that is what Mitsubishi charges for this board assembly.  Good Luck and please let us know how you make out with this repair.

punches09
I got it all soldered in

I got it all soldered in properly and put it all back together, but I still have the blinking green light problem.  This all started after the house was struck by lightning and the power went out.  Unfortunately the TV wasn't plugged into the surge protector.  Any other ideas of what this problem might be?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick

Larry Dillon
Were the tops of these

Were the tops of these capacitors you changed swollen?  If not, that was not your problem.  If you had a power surge or lightning strike near your home, most likely you have a power supply issue.

punches09
All four capacitors were

All four capacitors were swollen on top.  If it is a power supply issue, would the green light continuosly blink? how could i test it?

Thanks again,

Nick

asellers
Larry, I have a 65613 could

Larry, I have a 65613 could you send me a copy of the repair document? You can send them to sellaj (a) yahoo.com    replace the (a) with the @ (trying to prevent the bots from harvesting addresses)

Larry Dillon
nick, you could still have a

nick, you could still have a bad DM board.  Or you could have a power supply problem.  Unfoirtanatly, this repair of the DM  board does not always repair the TV set.  The only other thing you can do is to double check, no triple check all of the capacitor connections and be sure all the caps are in right.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to call in a pro to assist you in this repair.

Slacker
Add me to the list of people

Add me to the list of people experiencing this same issue on my WS-65813.  Can I please get the document as well?  I'll report back my results after completing the repairs.  Thanks.

email to:  danny (at) cogsoftware.com

Larry Dillon
I will cetainly share this

I will cetainly share this with you, but if you get this set open and find out that it looks a bit differant, you will still  be able to repair the DM board, but will need the service manual to disassemble the TV set.  I do not have that service manual, so you will need to download one from HERE  If you do need to get this manual to disassemble this TV set, send along a copy for me as well to [email protected], as we will then be able to share it with others who need it.  If you do fix your set, and indead these capacitors are bad, you saved yourself at  the minimum of 800 to 1000 bucks!  Good Luck 

fyeman1
Larry,  thank you for the

Larry,  thank you for the help you are providing.  I also have a WS-55813 which is showing the "blinking green LED" problem.  Could you email me the repair document with the pictures.  Thank you.

email:  [email protected]

andy-4028
 Hey Larry:

Hey Larry:

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65613 that has the green light problem. Can I get a copy of the Dm Mod fix w/ pics please? Thanks alot. Andy

My email address: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I sent them to you. If the

I sent them to you. If the inside of the TV set does not look like the one in the how to do, you will need to get the service manual to show you how to take out the DM board, then follow the repair procedure in the information I sent to you. You can get the service manual from HERE. Good Luck, and keep us informed of the progress of this repair.

gujju
can anyone email me  detailed

can anyone email me  detailed version with pictures and things of the repair? My email is [email protected]  

Thanks in advance.

Larry Dillon
What is the model number

What is the model number gujju?  If the inside of the TV set does not look like the one in the how to do, you will need to get the service manual to show you how to take out the DM board, then follow the repair procedure in the information I sent to you. You can get the service manual from HERE. Good Luck, and keep us informed of the progress of this repair.

twilson376
Larry Dillon said: Yes it

Larry Dillon said: Yes it does. If you want the detailed version with pictures and things, leave your e-mail and I would be more then happy to send it to you. Good Luck with this repair and let us know how you make out with this TV set.

I am in desperate need of the detailed instructions. I have all the necessary parts, but have misplaced the guide.

If you could email me at [email protected] I would greatly appreciate it.

Larry Dillon
I just sent the instructions

I just sent the instructions to you.  If this does not look like the inside of your set, you will need to get the service manual of your set, disassemble as per the manual, and then use the instructions I sent you to work on the DM board.  I just found on another set, that had a similar problem, a 3300 MFD @ 16 volt capacitor in the main power supply was bad.  I replaced it with a 3300mfd at 35 volts.  Always look around at the rest of the set and see if you can find any other capacitors with swollen tops, as if they are not bad now, They soon will be.  Good Luck and let us know how this repair turns out for you.

daddyrabbit
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a Mits WS5809 52 inch with the blinking light problem. Could you please send the complete artical with pics. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out where the DM is. This is a great site. I'm so glad I found it.

Thanks

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Ok, I have sent out the info

Ok, I have sent out the info you requested.  If the main instructions do not look like your TV set, use the other one to locate the DM board and take it out.  Then use the first one to fix the DM board.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out with this repair.

daddyrabbit
Larry Dillon said: Ok, I have

Larry Dillon said: Ok, I have sent out the info you requested.  If the main instructions do not look like your TV set, use the other one to locate the DM board and take it out.  Then use the first one to fix the DM board.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out with this repair.

Thanks Larry for sending the articals, but I still have not found the DM board. My chassis is a V18. I bought the service manual off e-bay (only $2.95) and checking the pico fuses, I found that F9A04 and F9A05 are open. Reading other threads I have found this is related to the convergence output circuit. I have ordered the two STK392-570 IC and will install them and see what happens.

Larry Dillon
Yes the Ic's could have

Yes the Ic's could have caused this to go out as well.  Also look around the other boards like on the right and left side of the chassis for swollen capacitors at the tops of them.  I have found one on the power board that goes bad a lot, it is a 3300 mfd @ 16 volts. you can use a 3300 mfd @ 35 volts.

BO
I dont Know if my first post

I dont Know if my first post was succesful so here is the second one. I also have the mitsubishi ws55613 and the blinking light of death problem. it wont let me turn the tv on keeps blinking and after a long while it stops and tv would come on but only black or Blue screen or it would go back to blinking again. I am assuming that it doesnt receive signal from any of the inputs. can it be the DM or capacitor?  can someone please sned me the service manual with the pics as well. i am desperate to get this fixed.  Also how can i slide the damn tray? it looks like it is all stuck in there. I desperatly need help. this has been a 4 month headache. thank you

daddyrabbit
I picked up the two 5 amp

I picked up the two 5 amp pico fuses today from a local tv shop. I replaced the F9A04 and 05 and resoldered the two IC.

The tv fired right up. I can't get the convergence adjusted. The red is way out. When I get the two STK392-570 ic I'll put those in and hope that fixes everything. This forum has saved me at least $400.00

Thanks for all the help.

BO
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I was able to pull the tray out. made me work for 20 damn minutes but i got it out. Shortly after, I figured out that the four capacitors on the DM had very little bulge on them.  From the earlier postings I am assuming this is a capacitor problem. I dont know how to solder so I will buy the 4 caps from radio shack I guess and take it to a shop where they can do it for me and install it myself. Hopefully it will solve my problems for another couple of years.

Meanwhile can you please send me the service manual and the pics just incase... [email protected].

I also will make sure to post my results as soon as i get this done and able to watch Tv again. All thanks to you.

Larry Dillon
Most of the time when the set

Most of the time when the set does come on, the DM board is not the problem.  But if the capacitors are swollen even the slightest, replace them. Then look around on the right side of the chassis for a board thats standing up, you may see a larger capacitor that is also swollen on the top.  This maybe the 3300MFD@16 volts.  Replace it with the 3300MFD@35volts. I do not have this exact service manual, but you may need one if the set in the DM repair instructions does not look like your set, you can go to http://www.servicemanuals.net enter the model number and download one from there.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out with this repair.

Larry Dillon
Bo you e-mail did not go thru

Bo you e-mail did not go thru as it came back saying no such address?

BO
That is strange here is my

That is strange here is my address again [email protected]

Radio shack didnt have the capacitors. All they had were 35V and 50V. the ones on the Dm board are 16V.  I am gonna have to take the DM board to the Tv repair shop and get it from there they should have it I guess and let them solder it over there. So it looks like one more day without TV.

I will check the 3300MFD as well. I have checked all the capaciters last night i havent seen another one but i will triple check it to make sure.

Thanks.

BO
Larry Dillon said: Bo you e

Larry Dillon said: Bo you e-mail did not go thru as it came back saying no such address?

Larry,

Do you have a picture of other cap on the right that you told me to check? I have checked all the caps but none of them other than the ones in DM seems to have a bulge or nothing on them. I also checked the anodes and all the other cables i didnt see anything strange or out of place, leaks or nothing. I hope it is the DM caps that are bad.

Horn61
Larry Dillon said: Yes it

Larry Dillon said: Yes it does. If you want the detailed version with pictures and things, leave your e-mail and I would be more then happy to send it to you. Good Luck with this repair and let us know how you make out with this TV set.

Larry,

I have the green blinking light of death and want to do the caps replacement.  Please send me the detailed version with pics so I can remove the DM Module properly. 

Thanks, Bob. 

Larry Dillon
If I had the address I could.

If I had the address I could.  Also what is the model number of your TV set?

Horn61
Sorry.  Newbie! Thought you

Sorry.  Newbie! Thought you could see my address.  Please send to [email protected] .  My model is WS-65713.

Mae
This is my first post.  This

This is my first post.  This site is a great find.  Thank you for any help.  My problem is the  similar greenlight problem but my situation is a little different.  I am not a do it yourself fixer, but I want to protect myself from erroneous or incompetent repair men by having some idea of what the problem might be and my options about repairs.

I have a WS-65813 that was purchased in Feb. 2004, so about 3 1/2 year old.  I have occasionally, every several months or so, had the TV shut off with the green flashing light.  As the troubleshooting guide directed, after the flashing stopped, I just turned the TV back on and everything was fine.  Recently, maybe 6 to 8 weeks ago, after watching TV for a while, it started to have slight twitching along horizontal lines which seemed to get worse and then finally the TV would shut off suddenly but the green light remained on and constant.  I would turn the TV off and then back on and it would operate fine, but still with the "twitching".  Sometimes it would play for hours or even several days (not playing constantly) with out a shut down.  Other times it would shut down during the first half hour of play.  (Doesn't matter if I'm playing TV or DVD. Same prob.)

I had a TV repairman, come to my home, $70 for service call, and $70 for first half hour.  They(repairman and assistant) wanted to see the problem and it twitched twice but they were looking away from the screen and didn't see it.  He took the back off and didn't see any leaking, in fact said there is a protective tray that would keep fluid from leaking on the signal board.  He said it might be the Digital Board but needed to see the problem before he would do anything.  I was to call him next time.  Of course they never can just come on demand.

The problem has gotten worse and worse, bigger areas of twitching and last night after several hours of watching TV it shut down.  I turned it off and then on which lasted a few minutes only and finally couldn't turn the TV back on.  Just Blue Screen--I was watching DVD, but TV wouldn't turn on picture, either.  I  tried again this morning and the TV turned on OK.  I only watched for a few minutes and it didn't turn off. 

Seems to be two problems that are related.  The flickering or twitching along horizontal lines, different spots on the screen, and then shut down, green light stays on constant, not flickering.  Almost seem like something loose that shorts out?? 

Sorry for long post.  Any suggestions and advice on dealing with repairmen would be greatly appreciated.  I love this TV, paid $5,500 for it and want to fix it and not just get ripped off.

Could you please send me the article with pictures to repair the DM Board.  I will be happy to share my progress with all of you.

~Mae

Pages

Connect With Techlore