Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
gregwilson21
Larry Dillon said: Greg,

Larry Dillon said: Greg, tkirk, and 7stole6, I sent all three of you the DM board repair.  Hope this helps you.  Just remember one thing, this does help some folks out and saves them tons of cash, but it does not help everyone.  if you have no soldering experience, please take the board to someone who does. Good Luck, and keep us informed of the progress of these repairs.

Larry, I removed the DM and my capacitors were indeed puffed. Then,  I took the circuit board and got the new capacitors soldered at a repair shop. I re-installed the circuit board and the green light is still blinking and the tv will not power-up.  Also, there is a ticking noise inside of the televison that was not apparent during removal.  I  am so close , but yet so far away!  Any suggestions from this point??

Larry Dillon
gregwilson21,

gregwilson21,

I changed out my caps and the blinking light continued and I heard the same clicking sound you did.  I felt kind of suspect on how the DM module plugged in, because I had it secured in the protective housing when I pushed it back down in place.  So I removed the protective housing and just plugged the DM module board in as a check.  This resulted in no clicking, the light blinked for a minute and went out.  Turned the power on and I had a tv again.   So I unhooked it all again and left the protective cover loosely on while I made sure the DM module was securely pushed in.  Then I moved the cover down and secured in place.  Of course during each step above, I had to slide the chassis in and out and connect and disconnect the various connectors to allow it to move.  I think I only had to connect/disconnect 5 white plug in connectors in addition to of course the two on top of the DM module for USB.

gregwilson21
Larry, thanks for your time,

Larry, thanks for your time, however, it looks as if I am going to buy a new tv.  I have followe all of the steps but the green light is still blinking.

Is this a problem with the new DLP models?

Larry Dillon
There is problems with any TV

There is problems with any TV set.  Please follow the instructions given in the last post about the shield, asd I understand this will fix a lot of the sets that were taken apart. But thats up to you. Where do you live, I might want to buy the set from you. I live in Northern Michigan and need a good second large screen TV set.

gregwilson21
Larry Dillon said: There is

Larry Dillon said: There is problems with any TV set.  Please follow the instructions given in the last post about the shield, asd I understand this will fix a lot of the sets that were taken apart. But thats up to you. Where do you live, I might want to buy the set from you. I live in Northern Michigan and need a good second large screen TV set.

I live in Arizona.  If you or anyone would like to buy this 3 year old 65" mitsu please e-mail me @ [email protected].  Otherwise, it's going to Goodwill.  Thanks for everything!

mariog
Larry got any ideas where I

Larry got any ideas where I can start for the vertical problem.  error 24. Also did you receive the manual? I have replaced the DM caps and the dm boots fine. TV still turns off

Larry Dillon
I left you a message man

I left you a message man before.  I have been waiting for your response.

mariog
I didnt see any message? Did

I didnt see any message? Did you get a chance to look at the manual?

cjpsuave
Hey larry i have a ws-55813

Hey larry i have a ws-55813 hdtv and i have the dreaded problem discussed in this thread if you could please send me the detailed directions via my email [email protected] that would greatly be appreciated thanks.

Chet 

vremsing
Larry Dillon said: Schott, I

Larry Dillon said: Schott, I have sent you the DM board repair procedure, as well as the DM board  model with a light engine, as a lot of sets are still made with the light engine and they do not have the three picture tubes inside them. But the revision will show you where the DM board is and then you can use the DM instructions to do the repair.  If you do have the capacitors swollen on the tops, and you do not know how to solder or unsolder, my best advice would be to take the board to someone who can solder. Even if you have to pay 50 to 100 bucks, it will still save you almost a grand if indeed this is your trouble with your TV set.  Good Luck, and keep us informed.

larry i also  have this problem  ws65813 can you please send instructions and pictures. by the way you truely save alot of people serious cash job well done thanks so much.  and yes im new to this

Mark3
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

This is my second post to the group - my first did not appear for some reason! I have a Mitsubishi WS-55613 TV with the dreaded flashing green light of death problem. A TV repair guy looked at it last week and said it was a DM problem - probably the capacitors, and the repair will cost $750. This site is such a great find - I want to try and replace the capacitors myself. Please can you email me the article and pictures of how to this: [email protected].

Thank you for moderating this site and for helping lots of people save lots of money!

Larry Dillon
Chet, I sent you the

Chet, I sent you the instructions. Sorry for the slight delay as I have had loads of school work the past weeks  It is coming up on finals .  Good Luck with this repair, and if you do need the capacitors, and do not solder real well, please do not hesitate to seek professional assistance, as this board is not a cheap replacement if you ruin the solder patterns. Let us know how you make out with this repair.

Larry Dillon
vremsing, where do you wish

vremsing, where do you wish me to send them to?  I have no clue who you are or what your e-mail address is?

Larry Dillon
Mark3, I also sent out the

Mark3, I also sent out the instructions for you as well. Good Luck with this repair.

sdezara
CAN SOME ONE SEND ME 

CAN SOME ONE SEND ME  technical manual  for my WS 48511 Mitsubishi OR SOMETHING THAT WILL HELP ME REMOVE THE DM FROM MY TV TO REPLACE THE CAPS  MY EMAIL  [email protected]  THANKS..

Larry Dillon
i might if you stop shouting

i might if you stop shouting at me!  Please use Internet etiquette. Do you not know by now, caps is considered shouting and is rude!  Ask nice! You get more bees with honey!

sdezara
Larry Dillon said: i might if

Larry Dillon said: i might if you stop shouting at me!  Please use Internet etiquette. Do you not know by now, caps is considered shouting and is rude!  Ask nice! You get more bees with honey!

sorry did not ment to be rude guys just need a help to fix this paperweight...

Larry Dillon
I sent them to you. Let us

I sent them to you. Let us know how this repair turns out for you.

twalker294
My 3 year old WS65813 just

My 3 year old WS65813 just experienced this and I found this site and thread through a Google search. If you would be so kind as to send the DM repair info to [email protected] for me I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Todd Walker 

Larry Dillon
Sure I will Todd. But as i

Sure I will Todd. But as i have said in the past, once you get the DM board out, and indeed the capacitors are swollen on the tops, there is still a chance that this will not fix your TV set. But for the cost of the capacitors, it certainly is worth the repair or replacement of the capacitors in case this is indeed the reason for the set not working.  One instructions I am sending to you will  give you how to remove the DM board and repair it. One gives you the newer sets that do not use the picture tubes but uses a light engine, and this shows you how to take out the DM board then the other one will show you how to repair it. Good Luck with this and keep us informed of the progress with this TV set.

vremsing
Larry Dillon said: vremsing,

Larry Dillon said: vremsing, where do you wish me to send them to?  I have no clue who you are or what your e-mail address is?

sorry larry its [email protected]  again great job saved alot have great week-end

twalker294
Larry Dillon said: Sure I

Larry Dillon said: Sure I will Todd. But as i have said in the past, once you get the DM board out, and indeed the capacitors are swollen on the tops, there is still a chance that this will not fix your TV set. But for the cost of the capacitors, it certainly is worth the repair or replacement of the capacitors in case this is indeed the reason for the set not working.  One instructions I am sending to you will  give you how to remove the DM board and repair it. One gives you the newer sets that do not use the picture tubes but uses a light engine, and this shows you how to take out the DM board then the other one will show you how to repair it. Good Luck with this and keep us informed of the progress with this TV set.

Got it Larry -- thanks so much for the almost immediate response. I'm hoping this will fix my TV. It's worth a try at least. I just hate that a $5000 television that is 3 years old already needs a major repair. This is the LAST Mitsubishi product I will ever buy. Live and learn I guess...

Thanks

Todd 

Larry Dillon
No, I would still to this

No, I would still to this date, buy a Mitsubishi TV set, as they are far superior in design and quality. And hey, if it does fix your TV set, and you use the proper capacitors, and a lot of peeps do not and complain later, you should have a good set that will last you awhile, and also save you at least between 700 bucks to 1000 bucks.

sdezara
Larry Dillon said: I sent

Larry Dillon said: I sent them to you. Let us know how this repair turns out for you.

OK now am getting the cold shoulder from all the repair men that i call. I let them now what i want done and the just say how do you know thats all you need. i need help in huntington beach  CA.

crsoucy
I to have the forever

I to have the forever blinking green light. The repair guys cam over and said it would be$258.00 for a "new" DM module. I would like to know where I can purchase one and get the link with the pictures and instructions on how to replace the module or the CAPS. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks in advance for your help.  

roadriderg
Larry Dillon said: Sure I

Larry Dillon said: Sure I will Todd. But as i have said in the past, once you get the DM board out, and indeed the capacitors are swollen on the tops, there is still a chance that this will not fix your TV set. But for the cost of the capacitors, it certainly is worth the repair or replacement of the capacitors in case this is indeed the reason for the set not working.  One instructions I am sending to you will  give you how to remove the DM board and repair it. One gives you the newer sets that do not use the picture tubes but uses a light engine, and this shows you how to take out the DM board then the other one will show you how to repair it. Good Luck with this and keep us informed of the progress with this TV set.

I too have the blinking light. Might start blinking of about twice every half hour. I understand this might be dm board cabacitors and that you have a repair sheet. My set is a ws-55859. With exception of  tv going thru reset mode every thing else works great. I checked the circut board for coolant leak and there is none. Please send this repair sheet if you could to [email protected]

Thanks

Gary

MommaFrye
Wow! What a wonderful site. 

Wow! What a wonderful site.  Just wish I had found it before paying 1,000 to have my caps changed on the DM.  (Mit WS-55613)

Now here is my new problem.  Last week when I would first turn the tv on in the morning wavy lines would be all over the screen, then after being on for 10 min or so would go away.  Well now they are not going away.   I am hoping this is not going to cost another fortune.  Could someone give me some idea as to what the problem is and would I be able to fix it myself if I can obtain a service manuel?  I appreciate the help.

Larry Dillon
It depends on what you mean

It depends on what you mean by wavy lines? Can you maybe give a little better discription?

MommaFrye
The wavy lines fill the whole

The wavy lines fill the whole screen.  Looks like water kind of in waves, that shimmy back and forth.  I wish I could explain it better.  Sometimes its faster and sometimes the waves are slower.  

Larry Dillon
I do have this service manual

I do have this service manual if you want to try and find your problem. Without seeing a picture, it would just be an uneducated guess. Could be a problem with a bad capacitor in the sweep power supply maybe, or possiblr the vertical b+feed cap.

Pages

Connect With Techlore