Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
roadriderg
mullhull said: Is there a way

mullhull said: Is there a way I could check that it is the signal board???? is it possible to clean or repair it ??? the video did come on once but only only once is there a diagram of a ws 55859 55" available??? I can see no obvious damage on the board below the yokes any hope????In any event thank you for your response and time,  Have a great day!!!!

Just a word of support.

I too had coolant leak on my signal board on my ws-55859. I carefully cleaned the board and tv came right back on. My tv was fading to dark. If you need a new board I believe the part number is 930b88001 this is the part number from the ptscorp site. You might check ptscorp.com as they offer refurb boards for the mitsubishi tv sets.  I carefully cleaned board with a little cleaner and a cuetip. It was just a small area but I guess just the right spot to mess up tv.

Gary

Larry Dillon
Thanks for the words of

Thanks for the words of support. Glad to have you helping out.

mullhull
Thank You both for the

Thank You both for the information ,Gary do you happen to have the instructions for removing the board, or should I order the service manual from the link posted by Larry ??? Can't Thank you both enough for your time ,just got home from work!!!

Strange
Larry,

Larry,

I'm having the same problem with my ws-55613.  Could you please e-mail me  the instructions for the fix?  My e-mail address is [email protected].  Thanks!

woodwalkin1
 I too have the Mitsubishi

I too have the Mitsubishi WS65513 with the blinking green light. Could you please send me the fix as well as a copy of the complete factory service manual. My email address is: [email protected]

mpnzon2185
my  tv turn off  about 10

my  tv turn off  about 10 minutes after turned on, i have to turn it off after a couple ofminutes and then wheni power it on , you can hear and see and then again after 10 min. it turns off.. can you please email me a manual please to helpme fix the problem it wasa gift from mom.

Larry Dillon
woodwalkin, I have sent the

woodwalkin, I have sent the documents you asked for. Good Luck

jasonw
Larry, Please don't forget

Larry, Please don't forget about mine...its a WS-65513.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Jason

Larry Dillon
yes jason, I will not forget

yes jason, I will not forget you, will you forget me after you repair your set? LOL They are on their way.

mullhull
Larry and Gary,downloaded the

Larry and Gary,downloaded the service manual ,it looks like the signal board is the one closet to the firewire ports on the ws55859,I presume this looked like the one the tech was trying to clean around a couple of capacitors with a  alcohol and a qtip.I presume to clean the board I have to remove it and inspect it for liquid damage ,is alcohol the best thing to clean it with any tips or advice are appreciated ,I was going to try it tomorrow,Thanks again both for your help Mulls,again the tech said it was liquid damage to the signal board as stated in the post above

Larry Dillon
Clean it with regular soap

Clean it with regular soap and water and get as much water off the board by shaking it , then let the board sit for a few days, moving the board around and changing positions of the board. Just make sure you get all the oily mess off the board.

mullhull
Thanks for the quick response

Thanks for the quick response I'll give it a try tomorrow ,great support on this forum!!!!!

RollPlayer
Hi Guys. Please forward me

Hi Guys. Please forward me any info to help me fix this thing (Mits 55613). My warranty is expired and I see MANY PEOPLE have been having the same issue (blinking light of death...). Please send to [email protected]. Many thanks and I will keep you posted.

Sean

mullhull
Ok it's me Mulls with the

Ok it's me Mulls with the ws55859 update !!!! removed the signal board found a very small area by the sony chip that had liquid damage,the tech had cleaned the top side but not the bottom,there was a little corrision,I cleaned it with a Q tip and alcohol since the area was so small ,let it dry put the board back in.The song remains the same the green light flashes  about a minute stops .I power the set on get audio ,no video,after about a mintute the set shuts down ,reboots and the green light starts flashing again,the remote and front panel controls seem to have no effect during this time,thought I read some where you could check there error code by the the flashing light.My question is this, If I go to PTS Corp and buy a signal board about $200.00 I guess is that pretty sure tosolve this problem or could it be some thing else,Paid about $ 3000 for the set for the high def tuner,trying to weigh my options ,any suggestions are appreciated,any futrrher testing I can do ,know how to use a meter,Thanks amillon Larry and Gary ,Sincerly   Mulls

Larry Dillon
Have you indeed checked or

Have you indeed checked or changed the capacitors in the DM board yet. That video IC you are talking about is very common to go bad when the fluid leaks on it. See how much the IC is from partstore.com. You still need to solve the leak problem also.

mullhull
Larry could you please send

Larry could you please send me the instructions for checking or changing the caps in the dm board I never got those my email is [email protected].  I will check the price on the IC thanks again for the quick response!!!!!  Sincerely Mulls

Bob Sharps
Larry Dillon said: Fubardyn, 

Larry Dillon said: Fubardyn,  This could very well the same problem BUt it could also be something completely differant as you I am sure have seen in the previous post, so  Please check all possibilities first.  I will send you the DM Board fix .  Good Luck and let us know how this turns out and what you did to repair your set or if you had a repair shop do it for you.  

I am having a similar problem with the blinking green light and no power with my WS55711.  Can you send me the same illustrated information for removing the DM board.  Much appreciated. My email is [email protected]

Bob

Jim Hamm
Larry, Even though my unit

Larry, Even though my unit was under warranty, here is a follow up: the repair guy finally got my DM in from Mitsubishi and you were bang on with the diagnosis.  He showed me the caps and they looked like puffed marshmallows. I took your advice and installed a cooling fan while the board was out and the tech was very impressed with my understanding of the unit (from your forum).  In fact, he actually learned a few things himself.  Thanks again, Jim 

Larry Dillon
Not a problem Jim. Thanks for

Not a problem Jim. Thanks for the feedback and Good Luck

mullhull
Larry please don't forget to

Larry please don't forget to send me the doc [email protected] Have a great Day!!! Mulls

Bob Sharps
Larry Dillon said: Fubardyn, 

Larry Dillon said: Fubardyn,  This could very well the same problem BUt it could also be something completely differant as you I am sure have seen in the previous post, so  Please check all possibilities first.  I will send you the DM Board fix .  Good Luck and let us know how this turns out and what you did to repair your set or if you had a repair shop do it for you.  

Larry,

I am having the exact problem that Topas had with the blinking light.  I have a WS-55711. Can you send me the same easy to follow word document for identifying and changing the capacitors in the DM module.  It will be most appreciated.  My email address is: [email protected]

Thanks.......Bob

garybull781
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem discussed in this fix.  Does anyone have instructions on how to remove a DM board from a WD-52825?  Also, is there anyone willing to do the soldering if I send them the board?  I think I will be able to remove the board with instructions, but I don't want to do the soldering.  Please let me know! [email protected]

Thanks!!

-Gary 

Sonno
NexusX said: Does this

NexusX said: Does this repair also apply to the WS-65613? My tv shut down out of the blue several times in the last 6 months. This morning I tried to turn on the set and the green light was blinking. I unplugged it a few times and it still blinks continuously. Thanks

Hey, i just got one of these TV's for free, im almost positive it has the same problems, could you send me the fix with pictures? It'd be great.

And also, nice site man, very helpful, very to the point.

Sonny 

Larry Dillon
Sonny, where would you like

Sonny, where would you like me to send them too?

Larry Dillon
Gary, Bob, and mull, I have

Gary, Bob, and mull, I have sent out the documents you wanted so you could attempt the repair on your Mitsubishi TV set. Do not play with anything that you do not understand what it does. Good Luck

Sonno
[email protected] Sorry

[email protected] Sorry about that man, totally forgot to ad the addy.

Now, that i got it over here, i get a constant it keeps trying to turn on and off again, and i'd imagine it's the compacitors.

Thanks for the help fellaz. 

mullhull
Larry I got to the dm board

Larry I got to the dm board found the capacitors they all look fine ,is there a way to test them without removing them or should I just replace them they are not bulged at all from what I can see with a magnifier they look brand new,I have a good multimeter,whether it fixes the set or not I am sending a donation this forum has been an immense help and I have learned a lot,Thank You for the excellent photos ,information and all of your time!!! Sincerely Mulls

TheAnalyst
Would someone mind sending me

Would someone mind sending me the instructions with pictures on how to do this?  I cannot belive this paperweight died on my and I dont have the money for another tv right now.

[email protected]

Thanks, Dave

Larry Dillon said: I am not sure why the link does not work any longer but here is the article to repair the DM boars, and if you want the artcle with all of the pictures as well leave me your e-mail address and I will forward it to you. Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this set. For this repair you will need a Phillips screwdriver, low wattage soldering iron, a desoldering tool, and four electrolytic capacitors. For the optional fan replacement you need a PC cooling fan, zip ties, foam tape (or weather stripping) and a 12v AC to DC power adapter. Replace the bad capacitors with Panasonic 10,000 hour high temp capacitors (part number: P13119-ND ) and they can be purchased from http://www.digikey.co

Larry Dillon
yes mullhull, replace them

yes mullhull, replace them even if they do not look bad. I myself and may others have already found out that when the capacitors were replaced, it fixed the TV set. Good Luck

MykG
Hi there - I have a Mits

Hi there - I have a Mits 55813 with the blinking green light problem. I have the back of the TV off but need some detailed instructions on removing the DM board - removed a bunch of screws but I guess not the right ones yet. Anyhow, I would love to check out your instructions with pics. Thanks! Mike [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore