Mitsubishi WD-52525 has a continuious blinking light

1707 posts / 0 new
Last post
dkkruse
For the latest batch of guys

For the latest batch of guys out there with the BGLOD, I would recommend contacting Ken at http://www.tv-techs.com/. The price is very reasonable and he knows what he's doing, even if the website is lame. I tried to replace the clusters of bad caps (A lot of them!) myself with no luck. I then sent the chassis to Ken and my TV has been perfect since April. Pack it well, since that's what he'll use to ship it back to you. You'll save a lot of time and still need some skill to get the chassis out well.

red1994
hi i have a Mitsubishi wd

hi i have a Mitsubishi wd-52531 when i first plug it in i get a green blinking light and when i go to trun it on nothing at all and i try doing th reset thing and still it will not poer on could some one e-mail me what i coould do to fix it my e-mail is [email protected]

tyman
hey larry could i also get

hey larry could i also get those doc.s

[email protected]

blinking party lights on wd-52525 DLP

Kim B
I have a Mitsubishi WD 62525.

I have a Mitsubishi WD 62525. The power went out yesterday but the TV was not on. Now all I have is the dreaded green blinking light. Tried unplugging and resetting with no luck. Do I need to take a look at the capacitors? If you think that is the problem please sent info to fix and the manual to [email protected]

Thanks!

biooya2
@Kim - In the same boat - if

@Kim - In the same boat - if you receive/find a guide for fixing the wd-62525, please let us know. I can tell yo the the guts of the 62525 are more complex than then that of other mits tv that I've seen fixes for.

Bandits9900
Hello Larry

Hello Larry

I have the green blinking light, so I replaced all the caps that were swollen (13).  Now the tv does not turn on it make a clicking sound in the chassie box a red light comes on and is blinking.  Is there comething I did or is it something else.  [email protected]

Thanks

BillKG
I am having the same problem.

I am having the same problem...We have replaced the lamp 2 times in the last 2 years, replaced a drum (think that is what they called it), Now for the past few weeks we have had the blinking green light...now we have reset it and sometimes it will work and the TV will turn on, have unplugged it and reset again...but lately it will run for like 2 mins and then shuts itself off...is this fixable? And if so can you send me the info on how to fix this...I am about to seriously throw this TV down our garbage shoot. Thanks.

[email protected]

Apple City
I had an electronic friend

I had an electronic friend come over to help me with the TV. After we realized the screws were all coming from the wrong direction on the back and all the ribbon connectors were pulled apart, I got the Best Buy book out and started looking for something better.

The picture is not that great on this unit. A new LCD Tv is 1/4 of what I paid for this one. Not worth fixing!!

Charity523
Hello Larry can you please

Hello Larry can you please help me with my Mitsubishi WD-52525 DLP I have a blinking green light and nothing else. Can you please send me Docs to fix thank you very much my email address is [email protected]

FUSSION
I changed several dm

I changed several dm capacitors and now I have this problem, I have audio and video inthe ent of horizontal black lines in groups of vertical lines.
you can tell me what my problem thanks Larry

muhlskinner
I just ordered the v26

I just ordered the v26 replacement kit for my 62725, Is there anything I should know before I begin this journey into the fix? thank you Larry,
Also, how many people do you think have encountered this flashing green dilemma?

Donna
My Picture and audio comes on

My Picture and audio comes on for about 30 seconds then shuts off and lamp light comes on. Any suggestions? [email protected]

Stevie P
Hi-

Hi-

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55613 and like so many others it seems, have the blinking green light. No luck with the reset or unplugging. Could you please send me directions on how to repair. Thanks so much.

Eansy Beansy
Stevie P said: Hi- I have a

Stevie P said: Hi- I have a Mitsubishi WS-55613 and like so many others it seems, have the blinking green light. No luck with the reset or unplugging. Could you please send me directions on how to repair. Thanks so much.

On the right hand side of this page there is a big button that says "Download Service Manuals" click there and then look for Larry Dillon's "Mitsubishi-repair-tips-all-multible-chassis"-- "Mitsubishi_DLP" and "MOST-BAD-CAPACITORS" Download the PDF's and read them. Also, look to see if you could find your Service Manual there. If it's not there you can download it from servicemanuals.net for a small fee. Good luck and welcome to the blinking light party.

EB

batogetsu
hi i have the same problem

hi i have the same problem whit the wd-52525 y call to sears 3 times for repair and they no enconter a problem whit the tv they no konw what is bad whit the tv and the green light still flash all the time plz any idea or form to reapir is appreciate

Kerry B.
I have replaced the caps on a

I have replaced the caps on a WD52525 and a WD62525. Both TVs now work fine except that VGA input is noisey ( it wiggles). It's interesting that changing to the PC input then causes the Device menu also to be noisey until another input is selected. Looking at the block diagram it would seem it should be an FMT board problem. I changed out the FMT board with another I had and still does the same thing. Either this is a problem on most FMT boards or it's something else. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ostrandla
Help! I have the continuous

Help! I have the continuous blinking green timer light, I have tried to unplug it and reset it but it doesn't stop. The last time I plugged it in, I could hear buzzing sounds from the speakers and almost as if it was shutting off and turning back on.....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Lori

joe_smith
I replaced my bulb in my

I replaced my bulb in my Mitsubishi WD-52525 and when I was seating the chassis for the bulb, I heard a popping noise and when I plugged it back in, behold the blinking green light! :(

So, my research leads me to believe I have to replace one or all of the capacitors (4, right). Any thoughts? I also need some guidance regarding how to take the darn thing apart to get to the capacitors.

joe_smith
Kerry B. said: I have

Kerry B. said: I have replaced the caps on a WD52525 and a WD62525. Both TVs now work fine except that VGA input is noisey ( it wiggles). It's interesting that changing to the PC input then causes the Device menu also to be noisey until another input is selected. Looking at the block diagram it would seem it should be an FMT board problem. I changed out the FMT board with another I had and still does the same thing. Either this is a problem on most FMT boards or it's something else. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How difficult was the job of changing the capacitors?  I just replaced my bulb and heard a popping noise when I plugged the chassis for the bulb back in.  I suspect at least one of the capacitors blew.

ATMJOHN
Larry

Larry

Have the same problem with my sons 52575 as I had with my 65713 (which with your help I was successful repairing (after soldering the caps twice). But his is a DLP which seems to have the same symptoms. I am going to try to repair this one also. If you have any hints I sure would appreciate any help. I was able to down load the service manual but The pictures are not quite as good as the ones explaining the 65713 ones I have. Sorry about that my e-mail is [email protected]

Flamingdeath
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

Sorry to beat a not so dead horse, but I have a WD-52825 that has the green blinking light of death as well. I am well versedin electronics, however, I do not have any service info on this unit. Could you please send the info you have on this unit for this symptom? Also, the service manual if you have it available. Please send to [email protected]
Thank you in advance for your time and help with this.

Rodney

ostrandla
ostrandla said: Help! I have

ostrandla said: Help! I have the continuous blinking green timer light, I have tried to unplug it and reset it but it doesn't stop. The last time I plugged it in, I could hear buzzing sounds from the speakers and almost as if it was shutting off and turning back on.....any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. LoriI'm sorry, I forgot to include my email.   [email protected].   Thank you so much.

Mayday
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have the dreaded blinking green light on my 52525. Can you please send me the repair doc also. I really appreciate you doing this. it is a big help to be able to repair myself. Thanks again for your expertise.

Shawn
[email protected]

Mayday
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have the dreaded blinking green light on my 52525. Can you please send me the repair doc also. I really appreciate you doing this. it is a big help to be able to repair myself. Thanks again for your expertise.

Shawn
[email protected]

drom25
Does anybody have a good FMT

Does anybody have a good FMT board for a WD-52525 they would like to get rid of?

I0kepa
Hi guys,

Hi guys,

I'm having the same blinking green light. I have the DM 52525 model. Can I get the repair doc's for it?

Thanks!!
Joey

reggie
I have a WD-52527 with the

I have a WD-52527 with the blinking green light. I replaced the three Jamicon caps on my DM board and put it all back together. Same blinking green light. I have looked at the other boards and found some more Jamicon caps. They all appear ok, not that, that means anything. Anyone have any ideas?

reggie
I have a WD-52527 with the

I have a WD-52527 with the blinking green light. I replaced the three Jamicon caps on my DM board and put it all back together. Same blinking green light. I have looked at the other boards and found some more Jamicon caps. They all appear ok, not that, that means anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Ryo_Ohki2
Just replace all of the caps.

Just replace all of the caps.. Of course this doesn't mean it would fix all of your problems, but it might. Also use higher rating voltage caps which will help them from not popping 2 years later.

reggie
That's good advice and I'm

That's good advice and I'm thinking of doing just that, however, do I replace all of the caps on the DM board? The power board? All of the caps in the TV? They are pretty cheap, but there is a bunch of them!

Pages

Connect With Techlore