Mitsubishi WD-52525 has a continuious blinking light

1707 posts / 0 new
Last post
Enasniclown
Hey larry can u also send me

Hey larry can u also send me the repair info for the dm board, i have the wd-52525, i get the blinking timer light when set has been unplugged or power fails, supposed to go off within a minute and tv starts but tv fails to boot and form what ive seen everywhere points to the caps on dm board, thanks for any help, i wanna try to get these replaced, need the info what type caps or part numbers or something, lol kids go nuts with no tvs

Enasniclown
hey larry i have the wd52525

hey larry i have the wd52525 i need the repair info if you dont mind on replaceing the caps on the dm board, tv doesnt boo tup i just get the blinking timer light ,does this whenever power goes out, this is second time its done this, i kept resetting and worked again, for two days now its back, wanna get fixed before more damage, my fiancees dad is computer engineer and can do the soder just need the info if you could, thanks

Longhorn91
Longhorn91 said:

Longhorn91 said:
Hey Larry,
I have the WD-52525. I don't have the blinking green light of death but I do have a red "lamp" light that illuminates about two minutes after set is turned on. I replaced the lamp and housing, still no picture and same red "lamp" light illuminated. Could it be the ballast? I can hear a faint fan sound when set turned on. Steady green timer light, then two minutes later, red "lamp" light and tv shuts down. I have a call out to local service but I would like to arm myself with information before they come out. does this sound like bad light engine, ballast, or caps? Thanks,

Update:  Repairman came, listened to the boot up.  Steady green power light for two minutes, lamp does not fire up, self power off, red "lamp" light.  Says lamp not getting any power in boot up, probably not a ballast problem.  Probably the Caps.  Do you agree?  They are going to replace 2 caps (3000m?) and charge about $250.  Says it should fix the tv.  Any comments? Thanks

Roger V
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I cant believe so many people have the same problem as I am having with my tv. It's also a green blinking light that doesn't turn off, Mitsubishi WD-52525. I have tried everything just like many of these people have with no success. I need major help so if you would be so kind, please send me the repair instructions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Roger

drom25
Can anybody help me get a

Can anybody help me get a schematic to the WD-52525. I have the service manual, but no schematic. [email protected]

goingcrazy2
We are having problem with

We are having problem with BGLOD "blinking green light of death" as so many other people have with these Mits TVs. We have the WD-52525 model - which was given to us last week. We have replaced the lamp as that is what we thought it was at first. After reading several forums we decided to tear apart the back and check the capacitors. No surprise we needed to replace some. We replaced 2 3300uf caps, 4 16v 1000uf caps, and 1 10v 1000uf cap. After replacing those caps we plugged tv in, let is warm up, after several blinking green "timer" lights the Tv turned on. Everything was working great for about 10 minutes and than it powered itself off. We tried resetting it, unplugging it, nothing would work. So this afternoon we decided to pull everything out again and check to make sure everything was plugged in correctly and that there were no bad caps left. Everything was good to go. This worked for another 10 minutes but the tv turned itself off again. Now we have it plugged in but it keeps clicking and the light keeps flashing. Does anyone know how to help us? Larry - if you are still on here could you please send me the repair documents? OR tell me what to do?

stevew007
so I did the fix given to me

so I did the fix given to me now the status light just blinks a yellowish red color.any idea

stevew007
nevermind forgot the filter

nevermind forgot the filter cover. but it did come on for about 1 min with a scrambled screen and shut right back off and still have the timer light flashing

goingcrazy2
We have gotten the T.V. to

We have gotten the T.V. to work now and everything was working great. But now we have a really green tint when watching TV or when using the dvd/playstation. Does anyone know what this is caused from?

mutt
To Larry and everyone else

To Larry and everyone else who posted information on the blinking green light of death for the mitsubishi wd 52525. I want to personally thank you for all your contributions as i was able to use it to replace the 18-20 bad capacitors in my tv and return it from the dead. It was what seemed an impossible task with a jillion connectors and circuit boards strewn on my work bench. All in all not a hard task, not easy either. In the end you guys are the ones who made it possible and thank you again!!!!!!!!!

To those who are having problems with your tv's. Copy and print all the information from this lengthy thread and you too can get it done.. Dont hassle them with personal replies as all the information you need lies in this thread.

psuarez
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,
A few months ago I started taking my tv apart to fix it but I got so busy that I let it sit in my garage. First one with $100 dollars takes it, I am just too busy to finish fixing it and dont remember how everything goes back together. I am in Ventura Co. CA, shoot me an e-mail ASAP; [email protected]

delterra
I am having the green

I am having the green flashing lights and the tv will not turn on as well. I have a 52 in WD-62525. Does anyone have these directions to fix?

delterra
Hi Larry. My email is

Hi Larry. My email is [email protected]. Can someone send me directions to replace the capacitors (and how to test for bad ones)? Thanks!

goingcrazy2
Longhorn - I hope you didn't

Longhorn - I hope you didn't pay to have the 300mf caps repaired for $250.00. We did the fix ourselves at home and it was pretty easy - overall cost $2.80. If you know how to open the back of the tv and disconnect the boards you should be able to do it yourself. You just need a soldering gun and solder.

JamesL
I just picked up the WD52525

I just picked up the WD52525 for free. I found this searching for the green flashing timer light. Is it possible to still get the repair docs? They can be sent to [email protected].

TIA

j

tgift
I am also having trouble with

I am also having trouble with my DM board. I would appreciate if someone would email me the directions on how to find and replace the capacitors. My email address is [email protected] Thanks.

mutt
People, if you would stop

People, if you would stop asking for help and search backwards thru this thread you will find what you are looking for, i did. You can also type in "wd-52525 blinking green light" into google and you will find tons of stuff. Dont be lazy and look a little bit before begging for someone to hand it to you on a silver platter. Just my $.02

tgift
Matt your reply is not

Matt your reply is not appreciated. Keep your .02 to yourself. I have reseached this for some time and also have my set all apart. I was hoping for another view on how it should be fixed to reinforce my own view. If you do not want to be helpful then why are you in the forum?

mutt
tgift said: Matt your reply

tgift said: Matt your reply is not appreciated. Keep your .02 to yourself. I have reseached this for some time and also have my set all apart. I was hoping for another view on how it should be fixed to reinforce my own view. If you do not want to be helpful then why are you in the forum?

I couldn't care less that you dont appreciate my comment.  I am just pointing out that all the information you need is posted earlier in this thread.  More specifically on page 50 about half way down there are links to the documents that you can download.  Since you seem to be inept at using the search feature, here are the links:

http://www.techlore.com/download/25899/MOST-BAD-CAPACITORS-in-MITS.-DLP-SET/

http://www.techlore.com/download/25253/Mitsubishi-WD-5xxx-DLP-Repair-Guide/

So there you are.  Download the documents, print them out, then fix your tv.

tgift
mutt said:

mutt said:

tgift said: Matt your reply is not appreciated. Keep your .02 to yourself. I have reseached this for some time and also have my set all apart. I was hoping for another view on how it should be fixed to reinforce my own view. If you do not want to be helpful then why are you in the forum?

I could care less that you dont appreciate my comment.  I am just pointing out that all the information you need is posted earlier in this thread.  More specifically on page 50 about half way down there are links to the documents that you can download.  Since you seem to be inept at using the search feature, here are the links: http://www.techlore.com/download/25899/MOST-BAD-CAPACITORS-in-MITS.-DLP-SET/ http://www.techlore.com/download/25253/Mitsubishi-WD-5xxx-DLP-Repair-Guide/ So there you are.  Download the documents, print them out, then fix your tv.

Thanks Mutt. You have a strange way of going about it, but you were very helpful.

Thanks again

todd40
hello Larry!

hello Larry!
I also have mitsu. 52525 series dlp tv that will not power on. After reading
this page it seems to be a common problem. Hoping you might be able to help.

DennisC
Larry,

Larry,

My daughter just got a WD-52525 for free because it has the dreaded green blinking light syndrome. Can you please send me any info you have how to fix the problem.

My e'mail is: [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks,

Dennis

DennisC
Larry,

Larry,

My daughter had the opportunity to get a WD-52525 for free because it has the dreaded green blinking light syndrome. Can you please send me info how to correct this problem. We've tried all the easy stuff like cleaning the filters, seems I'll need to do some troubleshooting.

My e'mail is: [email protected]

Thanks,

Dennis

tgift
I could use some help. I

I could use some help. I changed the caps on 3 boards and still had the green blinking light. I then checked the voltages comming out of the power board and carelessly grounded the one pin on the K2 connector. Since then I get a red light and an error code of a short. The fuses f9a05 and f9a04 seem fine. Does anyone have an idea on what would have shorted on the board. The rest of the connectors are still getting power. I am leaning toward the stby reg or the transformer. Thanks.

MikeDR
I have a Misubishi WD-52525

I have a Misubishi WD-52525 and the problem is blinking green led. Will you send please send me the instructions to replace the capacitors? [email protected]

Joe1224
MikeDR look back on page 50

MikeDR look back on page 50 and it's all in there.
Good luck!

sherice3
Hi Larry, Can I please get

Hi Larry, Can I please get the docs for the WD 52525. I am getting a solid red light. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!!!

Gary G
I too have the green light of

I too have the green light of death but its on the Mitsubishi WD-62525 I replaced the bulb 9 months ago and now this. Any suggestions for the next step?

Slolem66
Have the WD 52525 Model and

Have the WD 52525 Model and would like the documents to replace the Caps. Thanks Greg. [email protected]

Slolem66
I have WD 52525 and would

I have WD 52525 and would like the Docs to Replace the CAPS Please .. Greg. [email protected] Thank you very much

Pages

Connect With Techlore