Mitsubishi WD-52525 has a continuious blinking light

1707 posts / 0 new
Last post
An D
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have a Misubishi WD-52525 for 4 years and works just fine then the main power of the house went out for 20 minutes. I couldn't turn on my TV since and the green led keep blinking. I unplug the TV a few time and still can't turn it on. It is some thing I can fix it myseft? Thank you for your help.

Sammyboy
Dear Larry...

Dear Larry...
I have found a neighbor disposing of this tv, because of the symptoms everyone else is having... I have the WD-52725 version and would appreciate it if you could send me manuals on how to repair the capacitors... I am actualy strugguling with taking off the metal plate off the board... Please help!

rich1961
i also have a mit wd-52525

i also have a mit wd-52525 with the same issue, could you please send me the fix for it. thank you

Apple City
Larry, I have the blinking

Larry, I have the blinking light problem. Please send me the repair informaion so that I can get this unit fixed [email protected]

Vikes_01
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I also have the same request for blinking light problem. This is not the first time! The last time the TV was under warranty and the DM board and main boards were replaced about a year ago. I am out of warranty and I am determined to fix this thing myself. I have the WD-62535 model. I opened it up and discovered some swollen caps on the power board (1000uf 16v qty2 and 1500uf 25v qty2) so I replaced them with radio shack caps that were close to what they had (1000uf 25v. and 460uf & 1000uf soldered in parallel to make 1 1460uf connection) With 20% tolerance I figured it would be ok. Powered up and same problem. I do not have any schematics or fixes for this. Please send me any fixes that you have for this that would help me out

thatguyflint
Hi Larry and others....

Hi Larry and others....

OK I have downloaded the service manuals, I have all the proper tools, I have practiced my soldering/desoldering (been years), only problem is I can't seem to find a source for the caps. The recommended Panasonic caps pn EEUFB1C102 seem to be hard to purchase in small lots. I don't know enough electronics to be confident with similar caps. Can anyone help with this? Thank you very much, anyone who can help.

mutt
thatguyflint said: Hi Larry

thatguyflint said: Hi Larry and others.... OK I have downloaded the service manuals, I have all the proper tools, I have practiced my soldering/desoldering (been years), only problem is I can't seem to find a source for the caps. The recommended Panasonic caps pn EEUFB1C102 seem to be hard to purchase in small lots. I don't know enough electronics to be confident with similar caps. Can anyone help with this? Thank you very much, anyone who can help.

http://www.digikey.com/

http://www.alliedelec.com/

These are the places i got mine.  I i remember right, digi key has panasonic caps.  They dont have to be panasonic just aluminum electrolitic type.  Get the right rating uF dont try to solder two together to make up your own that wont work.  When i ordered my caps i doubled the voltage rating but kept the uF the same and rated for 105 deg C.  If double the voltage is not available then the next closest should be ok.  With the bigger rating will come bigger size so be prepared for that.  I looked thru the entire chassis for bulged caps and found more than the usual ones on the DM board.  Just look around and find any that are bulged then look at the circuit board, there will be a number.  That number will be listed in the manual and show the original value if you cant read it on the side of the cap.  Also polarity is important so pay attention to that.

Hope this helps.

Apple City
Larry,

Larry,

I would appreciate the service manual for the W-52525. [email protected]. I have the TV out and ready to go to work. Thank you.

MasonJohnson
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Not sure you are still out there, but I'm having the same Blinking Green light issue with my Mitsubishi WD-52725 and I'm

coloradobruce
I had the GLOD and replaced

I had the GLOD and replaced my capacitors. Now I have the Red Flashing light. I pressed Device/Menu at the same time and got a 35 code. However I haven't been able to figure out what this code means. I hava a WD-52525.

Any help would be much appreciated!

pawpawsd
Check out this site: http:/

Check out this site: http://www.freewebs.com/januismer/televisionrepair.htm

Click on the Service Manual. On page 23 it says that error 35 is a chasis fan failure.

Apple City
I have put my email address

I have put my email address [email protected] in the thread, started a new discussion board, and sent an email directly to Techlore. No information has been provided on how to change the board on the Mitsubshi W-52525 so that I can stop the Green blinking light. Please help I really would appreciate it. Thank you.

Matt Whitlock
Apple City said:

Apple City said:
I have put my email address [email protected] in the thread, started a new discussion board, and sent an email directly to Techlore. No information has been provided on how to change the board on the Mitsubshi W-52525 so that I can stop the Green blinking light. Please help I really would appreciate it. Thank you.

Have you downloaded the service manual? http://www.techlore.com/download/25244/Mitsubishi-Service-Manual-WD-5252...

Have you looked through the repair guide?  http://www.techlore.com/download/25253/Mitsubishi-WD-5xxx-DLP-Repair-Guide/

TechLore.com is a peer-to-peer forum, so we don't respond to e-mails asking for help to fix stuff. 
. You may not get help. That’s the way it goes sometimes. If you want guaranteed assistance, you’ll need to find a paid alternative.

EDIT. I also noticed that your request was for a service manual. Maybe you missed the giant button to the right that says "Download Service Manuals FREE." What you've been looking for is right there for you to download the whole time.  

MasonJohnson
Apple City said:

Apple City said:

I just attempted the 4 capacitor replacement over the weekend...all through the process I was thinking that it must have been some cruel internet prank.  Anyway, there are several manuals out there you can use (I can send you what I found if you want), but they only get you so far as being able to pull the chassis out - at least from what I found.  Just getting to the point of pulling the chassis out though can be really an adventure, but then the real fun begins - getting to the circuit board where the capacitors are you need to replace - definitely a nightmare :)   Take lots and lots of pictures before you start unpeeling the layers of metal... I finally made it, replaced the capacitors (bought from Radio Shack), put the whole thing back together and now I get the Orange blinking light after the fan on the chassis turns on for like 1 second then cuts off. So now I need to pull it apart again and see if I messed something up putting the chassis back together or maybe one of the capacitor legs broke (they are bigger than the ones replaced).  If you can afford to have the TV fixed I'd almost recommend just going that route...I definitly have a lot more respect for TV repairm folks now!

Thanks!

MJ

Joe1224
MasonJohnson said:

MasonJohnson said:

Apple City said: I have put my email address [email protected] in the thread, started a new discussion board, and sent an email directly to Techlore. No information has been provided on how to change the board on the Mitsubshi W-52525 so that I can stop the Green blinking light. Please help I really would appreciate it. Thank you.

I just attempted the 4 capacitor replacement over the weekend...all through the process I was thinking that it must have been some cruel internet prank.  Anyway, there are several manuals out there you can use (I can send you what I found if you want), but they only get you so far as being able to pull the chassis out - at least from what I found.  Just getting to the point of pulling the chassis out though can be really an adventure, but then the real fun begins - getting to the circuit board where the capacitors are you need to replace - definitely a nightmare :)   Take lots and lots of pictures before you start unpeeling the layers of metal... I finally made it, replaced the capacitors (bought from Radio Shack), put the whole thing back together and now I get the Orange blinking light after the fan on the chassis turns on for like 1 second then cuts off. So now I need to pull it apart again and see if I messed something up putting the chassis back together or maybe one of the capacitor legs broke (they are bigger than the ones replaced).  If you can afford to have the TV fixed I'd almost recommend just going that route...I definitly have a lot more respect for TV repairm folks now! Thanks! MJ

Check the lamp cover and the filter cover again.

Same thing happened to me and after installing the filter/cover the TV worked.

Good Luck!

Jhub65
I just got off the phone with

I just got off the phone with a local tv repair shop that specializes in Mitsubishi tv's. They are all too familiar with the BGLOD on the WD-52525. They have repaired many in the area and told me they contact Mitsubishi and request a special shipping box to mail the entire chasis to them. They come to your house and remove the chasis from the tv and then send it to Mitsubishi to repair the DM board and do some other modifications to the chasis. Mitsubishi returns the repaired chasis to the shop from which it came for a cost of $300. The TV repair place then adds on their own costs of $40, $170, and $89. They broke these charges down for me, but I forgot what they were exactly. Mitsubishi warranty's their work for 6 months and the tv repair place warranty's there own work for 90 days.
This of course is only for those that are at the end of their wits with trying to fix it themselves. :)

Ryo_Ohki2
I'd rather dump the TV than

I'd rather dump the TV than pay those costs. There's no guarantee the TV won't crap out after another year, and the money is better spent towards a nice new TV.

Tinkering on the other hand is more fun.

Larry Dillon
i have been told by many many

i have been told by many many tv owners who had the set shipped out and repaired at the factory and it lasted less then 6 months then they wanted 300 bucks again!!!!
Larry Dillon.

fleur
I pulled out the back ribbon

I pulled out the back ribbon cable. There are two next to each other in the back of the boards and I must hve yanked one out. After replacing the capacitors and putting the tv back together I had no picture. I am assuming the the ribbon cable is the culprit. does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Ryo_Ohki2
Maybe provide a photo so

Maybe provide a photo so people might know what your talking about. Did you lose the original one? Are you sure all cables are connected and didn't get disconnected during reassembly?

Kevin211
Larry can you send me the

Larry can you send me the repair process for the BGLOD for the Mitsu 52725
kevin4780 AT GMail.Com (thanks)

catscratch
Larry,

Larry,

I have the 62525 and it is blinking the green light of death, can you please send me the instruction and manual? my email address is [email protected]

Thank a lot for your help.

thatguyflint
Hi all. I wonder who might

Hi all. I wonder who might have had a 62525 and did the cap repair. How different is it from the 52 inch? Some things are probably different, but how much? If anyone has done this, or knows, could you please post about it?

biooya
I have the GLOD on a WD-62525

I have the GLOD on a WD-62525. Please send the repair instructions and manual. Thank you in advance. wjgmail00+mits at biooya.com

Jhub65
To Mutt:

To Mutt:

Did you do anything aside from changing out capacitors? I too have changed out all of the swollen capacitors (4 in all), but still have the same problem.

MasonJohnson
Trich said:

Trich said:
I pulled out the back ribbon cable. There are two next to each other in the back of the boards and I must hve yanked one out. After replacing the capacitors and putting the tv back together I had no picture. I am assuming the the ribbon cable is the culprit. does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Hey Trich, are you talking about the BLUE and ORANGE "plastic-like" ribbon cables?  If so, there is a flip hinge on the grey plastic connector on the circuit board that you flip up and it will allow you to re-insert the cable then you flip the "lid" down to secure it.  This happen to me as well and I was able to reconnect them.   

MJ

fleur
MasonJohnson said:

MasonJohnson said:

Trich said: I pulled out the back ribbon cable. There are two next to each other in the back of the boards and I must hve yanked one out. After replacing the capacitors and putting the tv back together I had no picture. I am assuming the the ribbon cable is the culprit. does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Hey Trich, are you talking about the BLUE and ORANGE "plastic-like" ribbon cables?  If so, there is a flip hinge on the grey plastic connector on the circuit board that you flip up and it will allow you to re-insert the cable then you flip the "lid" down to secure it.  This happen to me as well and I was able to reconnect them.    MJ

Mine are two white ribbons, they may be similar but different models. I noticed now how to flip the clip to pt them in and out, but I think I did some permanent damage to the ribbon.  I am going to take it to a TV repair shop to see if they have it in stock. I'll let you know.

Eansy Beansy
Man, I love this site! Larry,

Man, I love this site! Larry, it seems you are all over the place in here. I just inherited a WD-52525 with a Blinking Green Light party going on. You helped me with my WS-65713 and wanted to know if you could help me again and send me whatever you might have on repairing the WD52525. My email address is [email protected]

I've gone from being a sad clown to a happy couch camper DJ
More about me @ myspace.com/djmikeacosta

Thanks Larry!

mikerepair
Hi, I had the blinking GLOD

Hi, I had the blinking GLOD on Mit DLP WD62825 and replaced all the bad capacitors that have been mentioned. (many, many thanks to Larry Dillon for instructions on TechLore, awsome help). The TV did start up and had full blue screen and menu for a while, but it shut down again. On power up, it would not exit from the blinking green light until I push the reset, and it would reset to power off. When I then power up, the blinking red light indicted "bad exhaust fan". Checked exhaust fan and it was not working,. I replaced with computer fan (3 wire) and still have the same problem, although when powered on the fan begins to spin up but then shuts down and flashing red light (one long, two short) indicated bad exhaust fan. I did check the ballast fan it does run when i applied power to it.
Also, the electronic chassis fan does run when the set is powered on.
Not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any assistance. And the help to get this far.
Mike (I agree, Larry's the Man!)
PS I was not able to find replacement fan on line, so i had used computer fan, also, i am new to techlore and posted this inaother thread, but can't find now, sorry if repeat. and TV is WD62825

catscratch
Mike,

Mike,

Mine did them same thing after replacing the caps, so I took my TV apart again and look around, what I notice was since I replaced the old caps with larger caps, the end of these larger caps touches the bottom of the other circuit board and might have caused some shorting. I take a thick piece of plastic and insert it in between the boards and now I think I am making progress.

Pages

Connect With Techlore