Mitsubishi WD 62725 Status Light

376 posts / 0 new
Last post
gobuffs
Hi Larry and tmnmlp,

Hi Larry and tmnmlp,

I have a WD-62725. My lamp light came on, so I replaced the lamp and nothing happened. The tv came on with no picture for about 1 minute, then the lamp turned off and the lamp light came on again. Figured this was a lamp issue so returned the lamp and got a new one and the same thing occured. Apprently after reading these post I am having a cap issue as well. Is this a correct assumption on my part, and if so could I get a copy of the fix listed in previous comments? Thanks for the help.

gobuffs
tmnmlp, have you resovled

tmnmlp, have you resovled your issue yet?

Larry, can you please send the repair manual for the WD 62725 to [email protected]

stinson
Hi, I'm new to the forum and

Hi, I'm new to the forum and also have the green monster flashing on my
WD-6275. My estimate for repairs is over $800 on my 4 year old set and would take 6 weeks to get the part rebuilt because it's not produced any more. This is apparently a manufacturing defect. Mitsubishi be d#@%ed. I invested in the pricey set thinking it would last long enough for me to appreciate my investment.
Help!!! Can I get the repair manual for the WD-62725 also. We can't afford to put more money in to this set.

Ridetheducati
Like many of others have

Like many of others have stated, my Mits 62725 is stuck in the constant green blinking light syndrome. Unplugging and resetting does not work. The issue began shortly after a brief power outage caused a rain storm.

Can I get the repair manual for the 62725? Thanks.

tony.golden @ gmail.com

ths
Hi,

Hi,
I just experienced the same problem (constant blinking green light) on my WD-62725. Could you forward the repair info. Thanks in advance!!
Tom

[email protected]

WBan
I am needing a power supply

I am needing a power supply (930B867003) to repair a Mitsubishi WS-65809 Projection TV. Is this item still available? If so, can you provide the name a distributor or other source that would carry it.

WBan
I am needing a power supply

I am needing a power supply (930B867003) to repair a Mitsubishi WS-65809 Projection TV. Is this item still available? If so, can you advise a distributor or other source where I can purchase. Thanks.

Larry Dillon
I do not think it id

I do not think it id svsilsble as a completete board bUT you can contact pts corp.com and get the telephone number snd see how much thy charge to rebuild the bosrd for you.

WBan
Do you have information on

Do you have information on how to remove the board? Manuals/Instructions?

RandyB
I have a Mistsubishi WD-62725

I have a Mistsubishi WD-62725 suffering from the rather popular Blinking Green Light of Death. If someone could email me the repair procedures for the DM board, I would be forever grateful. [email protected]

JoeDuck
Master Larry,

Master Larry,

I too have the blinking green light of death. Can you send me the repair instructions for replacing the DM board, etc.?

My email is: [email protected]

Thanks,
JoeW

JoeDuck
Master Larry,

Master Larry,

I too have the flashing green light of death. Could you please send me the repair instructions, manuals, etc.?

Thanks,

JoeDuck

JoeDuck
Sorry Larry,

Sorry Larry,

The email to send the instructions to is:

[email protected]

Thanks,
JoeDuck

Tibby
Well, some light for all you

Well, some light for all you folks. I had a WD -62725 DLP which i had the blinking green light of death, i got the manuals, caps and tools and fixed my TV to working condition for a few months before it conked out again.

Got fed up enough instead of fixing it a 3rd time (yes 3) i would take it to the repair shop, they reportedly tried to fix the TV to no avail, so i called mitsu they reviewed my case and *supposidly* are scraping it, and getting me a new TV!

DrFate1965
Larry,

Larry,
I have the WD-62725 with the same problem. Can you please send me the information as well: [email protected]

Thanks so much!

Rondoid
BGLOD - back to LIFE! - this

BGLOD - back to LIFE! - this is what I posted in the AVS forum at
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=14843576&postcount=5837

That post describes two "hacks". The first describes how I get my green light to STOP BLINKING. The other hack describes the fan I added to help cool the FMT and other boards.

I hope others can benefit from these.

brian ayers
hello larry, i have a problem

hello larry, i have a problem with a mitsubishi ws-65819, when you turn it on the power light comes on for a few seconds then goes out, not flashing! the stand-by supply is running fine but the main supply won't fire, i was wondering if you have any suggestions or possibly a service manual for this set, any help would be great, my e mail is [email protected], thanks

JPN
Larry, I have a 62725 with a

Larry, I have a 62725 with a constant flashing green LED also. Would you please send me the instructions? Tx.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
if I am not mistaking, this

if I am not mistaking, this service manual is available from techlor's technicians corner, go to the home page and look on the right side about half way down the page and click on the free service manual link. scroll down in that section it should be there. Good luck!

JPN
Larry, got the email, TX!

Larry, got the email, TX! Time to dig into it!

JPN

Ridetheducati
Larry must have missed my

Larry must have missed my email, I have not received the file.

tony.golden @ gmail.com

Ridetheducati
Since my set was under

Since my set was under warranty, the local tech said the chassis needs to be sent back to Mits for a full rebuild. Can take 3-4 weeks to fix.

JPN
Larry,

Larry,
Changed 12 1000uf on DM, FMT, PS and 2 3300uf on PS. Still have a blinking green LED as soon a the set is plugged in. Chassis fan comes on, 12vs, 6, 15, -15, 30 (standby) are good. 5, 3.3 (switched) are not up. Fuses on PS are good. The LEDs changed on the first plug in. LEDs went from blinking timer to one short red and then one long red, repeating. Only happened once, green blinking the other times. I can troubleshoot. Any suggestions? Also, when I was assembling the PCB stack I had no cable to connect to the back of the DM PCB "PA" four pin connector. Don't remember if it had a cable. Didn't have any unconnected cables. Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Chaney
The chassis replacement

The chassis replacement instructions and V26 service manual can be downloaded here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6MKC3A3V

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OMFZ8E7B

Shivad
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have read several messages with similar problems. When I was watching my TV, I saw a red light flash on the status indicator and the picture went off and the green light started blinking continuously. When I try to shut the power off using remote nothing happens except green light blinking, if I unplug and plug it back in the green light starts to blink.

Please tell me what I need to try or do to fix it. I am capable of using a solder gun.

Thanks,
Shiva Dhanapal

FastLouie
After many occurences of the

After many occurences of the 'flashing green light of death' all of which I've been able to solve by powering down the set, holding 'device' and 'menu' buttons down whlie simultaneously pushing the reset button for 30 seconds and then turning the set back on, this workaround is no longer working. I would greatly appreciate if you could send particulars on the DM board cap replacement to me at [email protected].

Thanks in advance,
Louis

Larry Dillon
on it's way to you man, a

on it's way to you man, a separate link. Good Luck!

garyg2
Larry,

Larry,
Our WD-62725 is suddenly showing a small black & white checkerboard pattern over the entire screen. Could you please send any advice and/or repair instructions?
Thanks!

Gary

StephMore
Here is an update. 

Here is an update. 

Mitsubishi stated that the chassis needed to be sent back to them for repair/upgrade.  After much persistance on my part, they agreed to pay for part of the repair.  That was in September.  They had stated that it would take 4-6 weeks so I started trying to contact them. 

First Attempt
  I called the Mitsubishi main number and a rude lady told me that I had to call my servicer and have them call Mitsubishi for a status update.  I informed her that this i ridiculous as they have the chassis that is being repaired.  I requested to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold - I finally disconnected after 20 minutes of waiting.

Second Attempt
  I emailed Mitsubishi and asked for a status update.  I received a return phone call the next day.  The man I spoke to didn't seem to know anything about the chassis being sent back to them.  He said he would check with the servicer and call me back.

Third Attempt
  I emailed the servicer and requested a status update.  They responded within a business day and said that Mitsubishi has stopped the repair process several times and requested them to send additional information from the TV.  They also stated that they have been unable to get an exact answer from Mitsubishi as to how long the repair will take.

Follow up to Second Attempt
  I received a phone call from Mitsubishi stating that the repair hasn't been completed because the servicer has not been providing what they have requested.
  I called the servicer.  They stated that Mitsubishi has requested them to send a wiring harness from the TV.  The problem is that they will not or cannot specify which wiring harness they want sent.

OMG  Cry

I apologize for the long post, but I'm losing it here.  Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan McDowell
Hi there,

Hi there,

Came across this forum while doing a search for the problems I am having with my WD-62725. I have the dreaded black and white checkers on the screen? Larry you seem to be the man with a plan? Are you still reading posts to this forum? I'd really appreciate any help/repair manuals/things to try?

Thank you in advance.
Bryan ([email protected])

Pages

Connect With Techlore