Mitsubishi WD 62725 Status Light

376 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ralonzo
Larry,

Larry,

I also have a WD-62725 with the blinking green light issue. I have occasionally received a red light. I've been getting by with a combination of unplugging and hitting reset. I did change the bulb once, and I have not yet bypassed the thermistor connector. I figured I could do that and swap the caps at the same time. I've done one bulb replace, taped the loose insulation into place and cleaned the mirrors. The picture brightened for a while but quickly faded again.

If you have info/part numbers indicating what to do on the capacitor-replacement front (which board/caps and what caps to replace them with) I'd greatly appreciate forwarding the info to me as well.

Email: [email protected]

Tom Esh
Could someone please post the

Could someone please post the part numbers, quantity of each, and the websites to order them?

I have the instructions but am still unsure of all the parts and quantities that I need. I know that the parts needed might depend, but I would like
to order all the parts that I might need so that I have them just in case before I start disassembling the TV.

Thanks

email: [email protected]

Tonies
Buyers beware! I purchased a

Buyers beware! I purchased a Mitsubishi WD-62725 and it is the biggest piece of crap ever! within 2 years we had to replace the optic driver which cost 850.00 to fix and now it just broke again!..not to mention that the bulbs are blowing before you can even put 500 hours on them. Within 4 years I have purchased 5 bulbs..we only turn this TV on maybe 10hours a week!...Crazy!! Do Not Buy this brand!! and the customer service with Mitsubishi is just as bad....they need to be sued!!!

Rick Vigil
Larry I have the Mits WD

Larry I have the Mits WD-62725 also, and I am having the same problem of the blinking green light, would you please email me the fix it instructions. Thanks you very much. My email address is [email protected]

Rick Vigil
Larry I also have the Mits WD

Larry I also have the Mits WD-62725, I am also have the blinking green light issue, would you please email me the fix it instruction. Thanks My email address is [email protected]

Mitsubishi WD-62725
I have a Mitsubishi WD-62725

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62725 and the lamp indicator light is solid red. I replaced the lamp and the indicator light is still solid red? The sound and all funtionality seems fine, just not picture? Can anyone fix this problem?

Thanks,

signu747
Larry!

Larry!

Having the same issue as most everyone else, and need your help!

I have the 62725 with the famous "blinking green light".

If you could please send me repair info/instructions, it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

[email protected]

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Guest (not verified)
linrac said: Larry, I need

linrac said: Larry, I need some help getting my dmboard out of my wd-62725. The email you sent did not match the back of my tv. Do you have a guide for pulling the board? Mike  [email protected]

Hi Mike, did you ever get the instructions? If you did can you send them to me.. [email protected]

Thank you,

Jaime

Guest (not verified)
Larry Dillon said: I just

Larry Dillon said: I just sent out the files you all needed for your TV sets. Good Luck

Hi Larry,

Will you please send it to me.

I have the same problem... I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank  you,

[email protected]

Cavin
Mr Dillion- could you send me

Mr Dillion- could you send me the repair insructions for a Mits. wd-62725, please? I would like to try to repair this set before trashing it and buying another one. It has a constantly blinking green light and it will not reset. thanks.

MARIO84
Mitsubishi model WD-62725

Mitsubishi model WD-62725 that was manufactured in June 2005. TV started having an intermittent problem, It would shut itself off after anywhere from 30 minutes or 4 days and a green light up front would start blinking. Blinking would stop in about a minute and we were able to turn it back on until the next time. Mitsubishi people thought it was too dusty in there causing an overheating problem. I took out all the dust and had a clean TV with the same problem. It finally gave up the ghost last night and now I am getting a constant blinking and nothing else. please help me!! send me the instructions how to fix it!!!! PLEASE

Tonies
Let me tell ya between bulbs

Let me tell ya between bulbs and repairs we have spent right at $2000.00 on this TV. The TV sits in the repair shop more than it does in my living room! We literally got the TV back from the repair shop and 2 hours into a movie it shuts completely down with a red light this time. With all my efforts and numerous calls to Mitsubishi they ended up having a service center pick up the T.V. and they are taking out the Chassis and shipping it to Mitsubishi for them to test each part inside the Chassis. If it don't work this time...I'm trashing it! I can say this though, Mitsubishi is making an honest effort to correct the problem. Hopefully this will work and Mitsubishi can restore my trust in them.

Larry Dillon
A flashing red light is

A flashing red light is usually an indication that the bulb is burnt out!
Larry Dillon

Tonies
I thought the very same thing

I thought the very same thing too so we tried another bulb and the light stayed on not flashing. We looked it up in our manual and it said to call Service Tech.

Tonies
Mitsubishi WD-62725 said:

Mitsubishi WD-62725 said:

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62725 and the lamp indicator light is solid red. I replaced the lamp and the indicator light is still solid red? The sound and all funtionality seems fine, just not picture? Can anyone fix this problem?

Thanks,

"Good Luck" Start calling Mitsubishi now!

nero924
I, too, would like the repair

I, too, would like the repair info for a WD-62725. I've replaced 4 caps on the DM but now get a solid red status light. Please send the info to:

[email protected]

Thanks!!!

DarkRift
My in laws' Mitsubishi WD

My in laws' Mitsubishi WD-62725 has contracted the "green blinking light of death" and I would greatly appreciate someone sending me the repair instructions.

My e-mail address is: [email protected]

The most disappointing thing is that they have used this set for less than 100 hours since they bought it in 2005. The trusty 32-inch CRT they've had for 15 years just keeps going, and going, and going...

TIA!

Larry Dillon
your e-mail address says it

your e-mail address says it is no good!!! no such address???

Larry Dillon
or the attachment is too big!

or the attachment is too big!!! it exceeds the ALLOWABLE SIZE limits!!

nero924
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

or the attachment is too big!!! it exceeds the ALLOWABLE SIZE limits!!

Try [email protected]

Thanks!!!

Larry Dillon
any hotmail or yahoo will do

any hotmail or yahoo will do it but I will try with you send it, a direct link1!!

nero924
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

any hotmail or yahoo will do it but I will try with you send it, a direct link1!!

Got it now, THANKS!!!

Larry Dillon
great!!! Now I know how to

great!!! Now I know how to get around this problem with hotmail and yahoo request

Cavin
Larry Dillon said: any

Larry Dillon said: any hotmail or yahoo will do it but I will try with you send it, a direct link1!!

Hi Larry,

Can you send me the link as will at [email protected] Thank you 

justin nichols
In reference to the XX525,

In reference to the XX525, XX725, and XX825 sets.

I've worked on a few of these now and I have to say if you want a proper fix then most of the smd caps will have to go on the FMT and DM boards.

In addition to the caps that Larry suggests there are also 2 330uf @ 16v caps on the signal board, and 2 1000uf @ 10v caps on the TERM 2 board that will need to be replaced.

I also replace all 100uf smd's, 47uf smds and 220uf smd's. sometimes even the 22uf's and the 10uf's. It's a big job and not for the amature. plan on about 5 hours worth of cap changing if you're good with solder. Smd caps are hard to work with and I've been replacing them with regular caps with no problems. I've also been upping the voltage to 25/35v 105C on the replacements. If you replace the 10uf smd's make sure to pay attention because some of them are none polar.

I've had good success this way but I have to say I dread working on these TV's. Well over 100 caps need to go!

jsvendor
Larry, I performed the cap

Larry, I performed the cap replacement as the document shows. Now when I turn the power on. The power light illuminates but I do not get a picture or anything else. Any ideas? Sorry if this question has been asked already. I didnt read every post.

Thanks,

John

Hightower
Well, my Mitsubishi has also

Well, my Mitsubishi has also succumb to this problem. Luckily I had 6 months left on an extended warranty. The service tech is taking the board(s) and sending them back to Mitsubishi to have them rebuilt, at least that's what he said usually happens. Unfortunately this seems to take 4-6 weeks. We shall see...

Crazy
Hi larry,

Hi larry,
I seem to be having similar problems with my wd-62725 mits. Right now my problem is only with the component inputs. There is noise on them that looks similar to composite triple beat. It had started out gradual and is getting worse. The monolink/hdmi is still beautiful. I was hoping I could get a copy of the instructions and any schematics on the boards you have. Please send to [email protected] . Thank you so much. This is a great site and thread.

Crazy

Crazy
Hi larry,

Hi larry,
I seem to be having similar problems with my wd-62725 mits. Right now my problem is only with the component inputs. There is noise on them that looks similar to composite triple beat. It had started out gradual and is getting worse. The monolink/hdmi is still beautiful. I was hoping I could get a copy of the instructions and any schematics on the boards you have. Please send to [email protected] . Thank you so much. This is a great site and thread. Any advice would be much appricated.

Crazy

Crazy
Hi larry,

Hi larry,
I seem to be having similar problems with my wd-62725 mits. Right now my problem is only with the component inputs. There is noise on them that looks similar to composite triple beat. It had started out gradual and is getting worse. The monolink/hdmi is still beautiful. I was hoping I could get a copy of the instructions and any schematics on the boards you have. Please send to [email protected] . Thank you so much. This is a great site and thread. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Crazy

Pages

Connect With Techlore