Mitsubishi WD 62725 Status Light

376 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sylvia 53
I too have the green blinking

I too have the green blinking light of death on my wd-62525. I have had the tv for about three years with no problems at all. But over the last few weeks, I've had the tv shut down about a dozen times with the status light blinking consistently with no pattern.

I too would appreciate any instructions or assistance on repairing the problem. Please send to jimo at earthlink dot net.

Thanks!

swpatras
Mr. Dillon, I am having the

Mr. Dillon, I am having the dreaded constant blinking green light on my WD-62725. If you could please send me the instructions on how to repair the TV, I would certainly appreciate it.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I tried the reset button, no luck, tried unplugging and plugging back in also with no luck.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

KitanaiYatsu
Hey Lary

Hey Lary
I also have the WD-62725. Can you send me the repair docs?

My email is [email protected].

Thanks.

BTW... I'm sure I'm just diluting myself to think my problem is different than other's... but my problem seems to go away when I unplug the set, leave it sit for a few seconds, then plug it back in. Well... it seem to go away for a few days.

KitanaiYatsu
In a previous post, I saw

In a previous post, I saw that you could enter a self-test state by pressing the menu and device buttons. I tried this, but it just caused the light to blink. Is the light blinking a code? It's not the usual steady, constant blink. It looks more like "S-O-S"... although not quite.

Also, I'm guessing that you press the menu and device buttons on the TV not the remote correct?

Is there anyway to get the self test information from the serial connection?

Lastly, I got the same result whether the power was on or off when I pressed the two buttons. I also had to hold them for about 8 seconds. As you can see, I only found the one posting about the self test, and it wasn't ubber clear what the actual procedure was... nor what one could expect as the result.

any tips?

K&B
Larry, we are also having the

Larry, we are also having the same problem with our WD-62725 TV. Could you please also send us the instructions on fixing it. My husband is very mechanical and I believe could fix our TV. Thanks - [email protected]

K&B
Larry, we are also a problem

Larry, we are also a problem with our WD-62725 timer green light flashing. Could you also send the docs to us to repair. Thanks - [email protected]

Sorry for the double posting did not see the first, so tried again.

JRuckuS
Larry, I'm also having a

Larry, I'm also having a problem with our WD-62725 timer green light flashing. Could you also send me the repair info please. I can repair tv's and can solder, no problem.Thanks My email is [email protected]

stabelabel
934C118001 part #. FMT AKA

934C118001 part #. FMT AKA the Formatter board, ptscorp.com This is the information you give on one of your threads I looked the part up and found it at 49.00 a good price. I then relooked at your repair doc that you have out on line
here's the FMT PWB with the known-problem caps (C8F19, C8F21, C8F22 and C8F27) highlighted: I pulled this part 930b924001 a different part number then the one above so now IÂ’m even more confused. Which part is the right one I did need to replace the Caps on this board I still have the black and whit checker board display. I would like any information that I can get on this before I spend the 49.00 to buy the wrong board. Please email me [email protected]

SNG
Hey I have the same problem

Hey I have the same problem that everyone has I have a WD-62725 and replaced the bulb yesterday. At firts nothing happened, no light no image nothing, took it out and placed it back in and i did get a blue screen. It allowed me to navigate through the setting but after pluging in inputs like my reciever and dvd i get a scrambled screen with black background. I have unpluged it numerous time and i get a scrambled screen or the lamp indicator light turns on. The lamp was new when I replced it.

Larry it sound like your the person the knows these tv's the most please help. Send information that i need to fix this thanks. send it to [email protected]

KitanaiYatsu
Hello,

Hello,
Just a quick post... for those who've recently asked Larry to mail them the documentation to repair your WD- Mistubishi DLP TV's. Quite some time ago, Larry posted to this thread with instructions to go to the Download Section of this website and get the Manual.

Here's the link:

http://www.techlore.com/group/2/list_downloads

I hope that helps.

Pabo
I also am having this

I also am having this blinking timer light problem with my WD-62725. Please can I get the repair documents so that I can fix it?

thanks

kevinf
We too had the "blinking

We too had the "blinking light of death". Ultimate Electronics claimed they had never heard of it, but referred us to their preferred technician. They knew right away that the chasis had to be sent to Mitsubishi for a complete rebuild. They told us the Mitsu had been paying for parts and 1/2 the labor and Mitsu agreed. We got it back in about six weeks and seems to be working fine (going on 2 months now). $350 total- our cost. You have to press the technician and Mitsu on this one!

steve410
I have the wd 62725 with the

I have the wd 62725 with the flashing green power light.I changed the main Caps on all boards except the 2 3300uf 16v on the power board (on order) but they look good.Turned it on and still the same just a flashing green power light.Any help would be appreciated

stabelabel
steve410

steve410
Check the input video diodes. You will find them on the FMT board upper left hand corner.
D8F00 PART # 264P828010-diode-DAN202U/MA142W
D8FO1 " " " " “same part number
C8F26 " 141P148000 CER (B25K-1M-K)
C8F29 " " " "“same part number
Formatter board #930B924001, on that board there are 5 caps 1000 ufd 35v that commonly go bad.
Replace all caps that are swollen,
Resolve your checker pattern problem:
1. Tile or block pattern replace D8F00 and D8F01 part # 264P828010, also replace C8F26 and C8F29 part # 141P148000 (1 uFD, 25 V) on the FMT PCB (part # 930B924002).
The diodes have a stripe (line) that is the cathode, at one end of the device, the board will reflect that line. De solder as best as you can, glue is under part, heat one end, while prying up, heat other end. It will come off with moderate to mid high he I hope this helps I assume that when you turn on the TV the screen lights up with some pattern. If not then you need to re look at the supply board and the DM board. I would recommend that you replace all the caps that are called for in the repair information Even if the caps look good they may still be week from the heat drying the electrolyte up. Replace them all with new ones theyÂ’re cheap. This covers any that donÂ’t show signs of bulging. You should have a blink light when you first plug in the set wait for 3 to 5 min the light should stop blinking. Turn on TV and the light should be solid green. You should have a full screen if it works with picture if hooked up. If not you should see snowy screen.

steve410
Well this is what's going on

Well this is what's going on now,I did the toggle switch trick and it works but the video has issue's.If I use a HD antenna picture is great if I use RCA or Svideo or componet cables to watch a video is very jerky(sounds are fine).Haven't tried the PS3 in the hdmi port yet or a PC.Thanks for the help

JPN
Not sure my last post went

Not sure my last post went out so:

Late update. After doing all the suggested repairs and getting nowhere, I called the customer service# given in earlier posts. They called me back a couple of days later and told me I had to get a service check/quote and send it to them. I sent the set to a dealer and sent the quote. They called a couple more days later and said they would fix the chassis for no cost. I had no warranty, so thanks! Had it back some months now and it is working fine. But...$120 for pickup/return and $300 for chassis pull and replace. I have a basement and didn't feel like hauling the thing. Still worth it. Best of luck to you!

rghare
Please send me the info pack

Please send me the info pack to fix the blinking green light issue with model WD62725 Mitsubishi TV. Thanks.

Larry Dillon
send it to where? you forgot

send it to where? you forgot to invlude an e-mail!

Shaddy
Hi Larry, I have similar

Hi Larry, I have similar isssues being discussed here. Can you send the repair instructions too? I have a 62525 model. Email is [email protected].

Thanks a million!

rghare
Hi Larry.  I too am having

Hi Larry.  I too am having the blinking green light issue.  Could you send me the repair instuctions also.  My email is [email protected].  Thanks.

Andyfitz
well I am another pray of

well I am another pray of Green light of doom :(

can anyone send me the instructions to fix a WD-62725

I do not havee the money to pay someone to fix it right now

my Email is [email protected]

steve410
steve410 said: Well this is

steve410 said: Well this is what's going on now,I did the toggle switch trick and it works but the video has issue's.If I use a HD antenna picture is great if I use RCA or Svideo or componet cables to watch a video is very jerky(sounds are fine).Haven't tried the PS3 in the hdmi port yet or a PC.Thanks for the help

I changed all caps on power board and alot on the DM board still have GFLOD and video problems.I can get it to work with the toggle switch trick,picture is great using built in HD tuner but that is it all other conecters (svideo,componet,hdmi) all look like your trying to watch scrambled cable ( sounds are fine)this the wd 62725

Well if you could please send me the repair stuff also

thanks      [email protected]

Larry1032
Larry Dillon,

Larry Dillon,
I have a WD 62725 with the blinking green light problem referenced in your aritcle 24711 page 3. I did the basic trouble shooting per page 3. If the TV is unplugged and plugged back in the light stops flashing and the TV turns on. If the TV is left unplugged over night and is plugged back in the next day, while the green light flashes a tap tap tap is heard coming from the speakers. After approximately one minute the sound stops, the light goes out and the TV turns on.
I replaced the six capacitors on the power board, four on the FMT and four on the DM as the article recommended, but still have the problem. When the TV turns on the picture is normal. What's next? Thank you. Larry1032

Chris13
I too have the WD-62725 and

I too have the WD-62725 and need the capacitor repair directions for the blinking green light. Would you please help me out. Thanks

Chris13
I too am in need of the

I too am in need of the capacitor change instructions on my WD-62725. Could someone please send them to me to help with my flashing green light of death issue. Thanks

Chris13
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

what e-mail should I send them too??

Sorry about that oversight. Please use [email protected]. Thanks

indykoch
Larry, my WD62725 started the

Larry, my WD62725 started the black and white rectangles today. Could you email those capacitor replacement instructions to me as well? Address is [email protected]. Thanks!

Larry1032
To Larry Dillon

To Larry Dillon
From Larry Fleming
I have a Mitsubishi WD 62725 with an intermittent blinking green light problem. I replaced the 6 capacitors on the power board, 4 on the FMT board and 4 on the DM board per your recommendation but still have the problem. If the set is unplugged then plugged back in the light goes out within one minute and the TV turns on. The picture is normal. When the device and menu button are held, it flashes code 12 for no error detected. What should I do next? My email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
andCheck the input video

andCheck the input video diodes. You will find them on the FMT board upper left hand corner. D8F00 PART # 264P828010-diode-DAN202U/MA142W
D8FO1 " " " " "same part number C8F26 " 141P148000 CER (B25K-1M-K) C8F29 " " " ""same part number Formatter board #930B924001, on that board there are 5 caps 1000 ufd 35v that commonly go bad.
Replace all caps that are swollen,
Resolve your checker pattern problem:
1. Tile or block pattern replace D8F00 and D8F01 part # 264P828010, also replace C8F26 and C8F29 part # 141P148000 (1 uFD, 25 V) on the FMT PCB (part # 930B924002).
The diodes have a stripe (line) that is the cathode, at one end of the device, the board will reflect that line. De solder as best as you can, glue is under part, heat one end, while prying up, heat other end. It will come off with moderate to mid high he I hope this helps I assume that when you turn on the TV the screen lights up with some pattern. If not then you need to re look at the supply board and the DM board. I would recommend that you replace all the caps that are called for in the repair information Even if the caps look good they may still be week from the heat drying the electrolyte up. Replace them all with new ones they're cheap. This covers any that don't show signs of bulging. You should have a blink light when you first plug in the set wait for 3 to 5 min the light should stop blinking. Turn on TV and the light should be solid green. You should have a full screen if it works with picture if hooked up. If not you should see snowy screen.NOT USE RADIO SHACK CAPACITORS!! They are not the high temp. types and will blow up your TV set in a matter
of months. Be sure to check all of the pictures and
all of the caps before ordering, as you might be
ordering several, as I have replaced as many as 15 in one DLP TV set before she worked. Good Luck Go here to find the right capacitors
you need:

http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09
And
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=N98n18CgKlweB%252bCgT...

PS, you can also contact me directly here if you need
any assistance
If you replace all of the capacitors and the set still
doe not work Suspect the DM PCB part # 934C116002

Try removing the USB connector on the chassis and power up. If the blinking stops after 70 secs, then the reader is bad.

Try disconnecting the FC connector to the FMT board and power up. If the blinking stops after 70 secs, then suspect the FMT card. or the caps on this board.
Also I heard this works good also: I have not tested the following procedure! But give it a try

Locate the DM board and remove the connector labeled "FC". Plug in your TV and wait for the hard drive fan to turn on, then off a few times and the LED will finally go out. Now, plug the "FC" connector back in, and go watch TV! The only gotcha is that if you remove the power from the wall, you have to repeat the procedure. You can put a toggle switch between the orange wire that goes into the "FC" connector. This way, you can remotely do the reset. The DM is still broken, but this bypasses whatever check is done

JasonEB
I am another who suffers the

I am another who suffers the blinking green timer light. If you would be so kind as to forward repair information to me, I would appreciate it! Thanks!!

[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore