Mitsubishi WD 62725 Status Light

376 posts / 0 new
Last post
brental
Larry,

Larry,

I have a 52825 that has the blinking green light but now the power light just blinks fast about 8 times and repeats. Do you know what this means? Could repair info to [email protected]

Thank you,

Brent

JasonEB
I am another who suffers the

I am another who suffers the blinking green timer light. If you would be so kind as to forward repair information to me, I would appreciate it! Thanks!!

[email protected]

* for the WD - 62725

Andyfitz
Larry

Larry

Thank you for sending me all the info on fixing my Mitsubishi WD 62725. I found all the info you sent very helpful. After replacing all the capacitors that you recommended I still have the blinking green light. In the info you sent you said if that does not work suspect the DM PCB part # 934C116002. What exactly is this part and where is it located? Do you think I should still have hope in getting this problem fixed or the chances of fixing it are getting slim? Once again you forum posts are very helpful I appreciate all the help you have given.

Andyfitz
excuse the comment about the

excuse the comment about the DM PCB just ealized you are refering to the whole board. but I am confused as to where the FC connector is on the DM board

Andyfitz
excuse the comment about the

excuse the comment about the DM PCB just ealized you are refering to the whole board. but I am confused as to where the FC connector is on the DM board

Larry Dillon
every connector or plug is

every connector or plug is marked on the DM. it is there belive me, I cannot show you as I do not have a picture of it. If you find it, take a photo and send it to me please.

S B
Hi Larry.

Hi Larry.
I, and I am sure I speak for many others in thanking you for your help with these Mitsu TV problems. I am tired of the lamps and repair bills for this $4000 TV. I would greatly appreciate if you would also include me in your eamial of the green light of death repair instructions.

Thanks again,
Steve

[email protected]

StephMore
I have a WD-62525. In March

I have a WD-62525. In March of 2008, we had to have the power supply rebuilt. Last fall, we had to have the formatter board rebuilt.

Now, the TV is not recognizing any device that is connected to it. The screen is simply blue no matter what.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this can be?

Thanks in advance!!!

Larry Dillon
hard to say but I have seen

hard to say but I have seen the DM Cause this problem.Or a missing voltage in the power supply.GOOD LUCK!!

Andyfitz
Hey larry I did the toggle

Hey larry I did the toggle switch trick with some luck after I put it all back together the picture is very dark you can barely see anything. any Ideas what that could be?

Larry Dillon
check all the plugs and

check all the plugs and connectors? have you tried to turn up the brightness, black level and contrast?

Andyfitz
I have checked the plugs over

I have checked the plugs over and over brightness is all the way up along with black level and contrast. the menu shows up fine just seems to be when I am using the inputs it is doing this like from a DVD player wich I have been using to test the picture

Larry Dillon
did you check the FMT board?

did you check the FMT board? all the caps and diodes?, are they in correctly?I Think one of the diodes is marked differently then it is suppose to be? have you tried a different input? or try using the tuner?

Andyfitz
I hooked up the cable to the

I hooked up the cable to the ANT-2 tonight and the picture came in great on the few channels I get with out the box. So I am thinking it has something to do with the inputs board. I have replaced all of the caps you have highlighted in the word document you sent me. like I said unless I am wrong on identifying the boards I can do the toggle switch trick now with the FC connector on the FMT board(which is the first board you see when you take off the shield and the DM is behind that). but the picture is still dark when using all of the inputs. I did change a cap on the board that you plug the inputs into because it was swelled up but still had no luck.

I guess when it comes down to it do you have any ideas where to go from here?
Thank you for all of your help.

Larry Dillon
look on the service manual on

look on the service manual on the supply voltage for the input board and where it is located as if you had a swollen cap on the board I bet you have an open resistor or regulator IC/transistor? Find out in the schematic where the cap is located, what circuit, what it does. Part designation

Andyfitz
Do you know if they still

Do you know if they still sell the board that the inputs run into? or of a place I can send it to get tested out and fixed?

Larry Dillon
yeppers but it might not be a

yeppers but it might not be a problem on the board but go to ptscorp.com, find the telephone # and contact them. Do you have a multimeter to test voltage? DC voltage, what is the number on the board for the capacitor you replaced?

sisterlysounds
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
look on the service manual on the supply voltage for the input board and where it is located as if you had a swollen cap on the board I bet you have an open resistor or regulator IC/transistor? Find out in the schematic where the cap is located, what circuit, what it does. Part designation

Hi Larry:

I have a WD62725 purchased in 2004 that failed today. My problem was not the flashing green light. The problem started today in the following sequence:

1. first by showing scambled green images with no sound on all inputs while the OSD worked just fine.

2. I unplugged the TV in an attempt to reset it.

3. I plugged in the TV, turned on the power, the green status light flashed and stopped but no image and no sound. A minute or so later the Lamp light turned into solid red nd the TV shut down.

4. I repeat the routine while peeking into the lamp compartment and I could see the lamp turned on briefly for a seond or 2  then shut off when I powered on the TV.  

Based on what I have read so far, I suspect the FMT board is bad. I have downloaded the Service Menu but need further instruction and part list to order the capacitors. Can you send me your instructions? 

I am not an engineer but am handy with a solder iron - used to build my own tube amps following a schmatic. 

Thanks much for your help! 

My e-mail: [email protected]

sisterlysounds
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

Hi Larry:

I have a WD62725 purchased in 2004 that failed today. My problem was not the flashing green light. The problem started today in the following sequence:

1. first by showing scambled green images with no sound on all inputs while the OSD worked just fine.

2. I unplugged the TV in an attempt to reset it.

3. I plugged in the TV, turned on the power, the green status light flashed and stopped but no image and no sound. A minute or so later the Lamp light turned into solid red nd the TV shut down.

4. I repeat the routine while peeking into the lamp compartment and I could see the lamp turned on briefly for a seond or 2  then shut off when I powered on the TV.  

Based on what I have read so far, I suspect the FMT board is bad. I have downloaded the Service Menu but need further instruction and part list to order the capacitors. Can you send me your instructions? 

I am not an engineer but am handy with a solder iron - used to build my own tube amps following a schmatic. 

Thanks much for your help! 

My e-mail: [email protected]

NewbieDebbie
Hi - I have the rapid

Hi - I have the rapid-flashing green light. Mitsubishi WD-62725. Can anyone tell me which board I need to remove (to ship to PTS Electronics for repair)?

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
send the entire chassis to

send the entire chassis to them.because there are multiple boards that need overhauled, the DM, FMT, and the power supply board.

c541881
Hi Larry, I have the blinking

Hi Larry, I have the blinking green light of death on our WD-62725. Can you please email me the fix instructions?

Thanks,
Derek

Bill W
Hi Larry - Can you send the

Hi Larry - Can you send the repair instructions for the green flashing LED to me as well. I also have the WD-62725 model. It was repaired under warranty and the problem has now occurred again.

Thanks so much.

BW

Larry Dillon
I need an e-mail address!!!

I need an e-mail address!!! mention the model again please.

Bill W
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

I need an e-mail address!!! mention the model again please.

[email protected]

WD-6275

Thx,

BW

Paul Norstrem
Mr. Dillon, would you please

Mr. Dillon, would you please forward me the repair instructions for above mentioned issue on the Mitsubishi WD-62725. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Thank you!

Nikko
I've been looking for a way

I've been looking for a way to fix my WD-62725. After a poweroutage the green timer light keeps blinking contantly. If there are any repairs that I could do please email me the instructions. Thanks
E-Mail: [email protected]

StephMore
On a somewhat related note,

On a somewhat related note, is anyone familiar with the process of Mitsubishi sending out a new TV to replace one that is out of production and out of warranty, but has had continual repairs?

Tom Esh
Hi Larry - Can you send the

Hi Larry - Can you send the repair instructions for the green flashing LED to me as well. I also have the WD-62725 model.

Also, I recently replaced the light bulb and now the picture has faint horizonal wavy lines in it. any ideas?

Thanks
Tom Esh
[email protected]

Fritzdacat
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have the green blinking light issue on my Mitsu WD62725. Can you send me the fix instructions?

Pages

Connect With Techlore