Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Jeff, That is a lot of cash

Jeff, That is a lot of cash for this set to be repaired when MOST of the time there are four capacitors that go bad and cost less then five bucks. If you have soldering skills, it is really easy to do. If you want I do have a document that shows you how to do this and can , in most cases, save you a 1000 bucks!

Larry Dillon
cskierski, Here is the error

cskierski, Here is the error code procedure.

Error Code Operational Check
Pressing the front panel “DEVICE” and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and holding for 5 seconds,
activates the Error Code Mode. The LED flashes denoting a two digit Error Code, or indicating no problem
has occurred since the last Initialization.
Note: The front panel buttons must used, NOT those on the Remote Control.
• The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.
• The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.
• The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.
• The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.
Example: If the Error Code is “24”, the LED will flash two times, pause, and then flash four
times.
3. Error Codes
The Error Code designations indicating a malfunction, or no malfunction, are listed below:

LED Indications Conditions Probable Cause
Off After AC is applied Standby Power Supply or TV μPC not running
Fast Blink for 70 sec. After AC is applied Normal - DM μPC is booting up
Fast Blink (doesn't stop) After AC is applied TV μPC is running, but DM failed to boot up
Slow Blink Set is Off Normal - Timer is set for Automatic Turn ON
Error Code Probable Cause
12 Normal Operation - No Error Detected
21 X-Ray Protect
22 Short Protect
23 Loss of Horizontal Deflection
24 Loss of Vertical Deflection

cskierski
Hmmm....I just plugged the tv

Hmmm....I just plugged the tv in after several days and now it's back working!

I read the comment above about checking the tv out because is could still be on it's last legs?

I tried the power button and menu at the same time, and nothing happened. Perhaps because it's working now?

That's my current status.

Thanks so much for your help. I hope it stays on!

C

Larry Dillon
Your doomed if you do not

Your doomed if you do not replace the caps right away man! That's the first indication that something is wrong. Nine out of ten who ignore this symptom have to end up laying out 1000 bucks for a new DM board because the capacitors blew out the board when it could have been repaired for less then five bucks. Man please do not be penny wise and dollar foolish. Replace the caps before it is too late.

cskierski
OK! Will do! So...how do I

OK! Will do! So...how do I do that?

C

Larry Dillon
Did I not send you the

Did I not send you the information already? Can you solder on a solid state printed circuit board?

cskierski
Oh, if you need to email me:

Oh, if you need to email me: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I will send you out the

I will send you out the repair information on this TV set. Good Luck

cskierski
Thank you so much! I'll let

Thank you so much! I'll let you know how it turns out.

c

jnesci
Hello Larry.

Hello Larry.

Awhile back I replaced the caps, but did not install a fan. The blinking light was cured for a long time. In the past couple of months the LED will occasionally start blinking. Pushing the reset solves the problem, after a minute or so the blinking stops and the set works fine, for a couple of days or weeks and the same will happen again. Running the error code check results in a 12. Any idea what may cause this?

Thanks again.

Roger Deal

Larry Dillon
Roger, What were the

Roger, What were the capacitors you used to replace the bad ones? How long ago did you replace the capacitors inside the DM?

cskierski
Larry Dillon said: I will

Larry Dillon said: I will send you out the repair information on this TV set. Good Luck

I'm so sorry, I don't seem to have gotten the info just yet.  Can you try again?  I did check my spam.

[email protected]

jnesci
Larry,
Larry,
They were the same ones that you recommended
that I use, purchased from the same vendor. I ordered
the exact ones that you specified. I ordered an extra
one and it is marked 1,000ufd @16vdc. On the cap is also written
+105 C EB and a logo that looks like an "M" enclosed
in a rectangle.
I don't have your original email that described the part.
And probably threw away the paperwork from the
vender.
Roger
Larry Dillon
Roger, I am not really sure.

Roger, I am not really sure. I guess the only thing to do is to open her up again and see if the capacitors look a little swollen again. Then if you can, start measuring the power supply voltages around the standby power supply and the power supplies feeding the DM. How long ago was this by the way?

Larry Dillon
cskierski, something is going

cskierski, something is going on man. This is now the third time I am sending you this information.

jnesci
Larry,

Larry,

Looking back through my emails here it looks like I did the repair the end of Oct last year. I would say that the intermittant shut downs started happening a month or so ago. I guesstimate that it has happened a half dozen times. Also, it comes right back up again after reset.

If I don't have to, I much rather not open it up again as I don't get around too good anymore and working on that thing is a real hassle for me. Is the downside of not doing anything zapping the board that the caps are on?

Roger

Larry Dillon
It is hard to say. It could

It is hard to say. It could be in the power supply, maybe a bad connection or maybe a loose plug or connector somewhere.

malimnky
Larry - I have a Mits.

Larry - I have a Mits. WS55859 that has the flashing green light.  I would like to receive the fix instructions as we were quoted $170 to come out and look at the tv and an estimate of $900 to fix it.  I would love to be able to resolve this problem myself and not have to worry about the repairman.  Would you please send the documents to me at [email protected]?  thanks

dbsidney
Larry, I have a 5-yr old Mits

Larry, I have a 5-yr old Mits 55813 with the flashing green light syndrome. Resets have been futile. Please assist in whatever way you possibly can - I would be very grateful!

Thanks!! Duane
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Duane and malimnky, I will

Duane and malimnky, I will have those repair docs out to you in a short while. Good luck

kevco
Larry, I did the capacitor

Larry, I did the capacitor change. The blinking green light stopped. But when I turned the tv on it turns it self off after a minute or so. During this minute i have no picture. I did a error code test and I had a 24 error code.

Please help.
Thank you
Kevin

Larry Dillon
First thing you want to check

First thing you want to check is all of the plugs and connectors and make sure they are all connected and seated properly and inserted all the way into the board connectors. Not just on the DM, but all over the set. The code 24 means that you have lost vertical deflection. Check all the yoke plugs. If all of the plugs are seated firmly, lightly tap on or around on the board all the way to the right if your looking at the back of the set and also the center board. This will show you if you have maybe bad solder connections on the boards. Were you having any intermittent problems in the past? A lot of folks say no but I need to know or I cannot help you.

kevco
Larry, I reseated each

Larry, I reseated each connector and plugged it in I did an error code check before starting it up and it was normal(12).I then started it up still had no picture and the set turned itself off after about 5-10 minutes.I then did another error check and it was a 24.I then turned it back on and it turned itself off after about 5 seconds.I was not having any intermittent problems before this.Also can you resend the manual again I tried to open it and it said it was damaged. Thanks again , Kevin my email address is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I will send that out to you

I will send that out to you Kevco. Check the vertical sweep output circuit. Maybe a bad connection on the output IC or a bad b+ capacitor on the supply.

TjS
You can add me to the

You can add me to the blinking green light group. Reset does nothing. This is a ws-48613

Thanks

[email protected]

JHOC
Larry, please send me the

Larry, please send me the instructions too. I have a Mitsubishi WS-65613.

Please send to [email protected]. Thank you!

Larry Dillon
TJS and JHOC, I will get out

TJS and JHOC, I will get out the repair documents to you ASAP. Good Luck with the repairs.

Rich234
HELP!!! ok i got the caps

HELP!!! ok i got the caps today i soldered them in correctly. ran home reinstalled the dm pluged in all the cables and turned it on. got a blinking green light for about a minute then i turned it on. and presto it worked for about a minute then the screen whent blank sound whent off, and it looked all squigly like an old antena tv that wasnt tuned rite.and it even made a high pitched whine noise very faint just like an old rhf tv that wasnt tuned completely in to a station. rechecked every thing reseated every thing. i popped in an sd card in the front slot and selected sd card on the tv and i played the sd card but it had a rolling picture again just like an out of tune tv. any ideas?????
I appreciate your help larry

Larry Dillon
MMM not really, never heard

MMM not really, never heard of this problem. Can you start to measure the voltage going to the DM. There are times where you have reset the TV and reset the TV again and again to fix the flashing light problem and it does blow out the DM.

Rich234
Ok I will check that. two

Ok I will check that. two more things that might help i check the flash codes and it came up 12 no error detected. and also i went into video setup and changed the lamp temp when i did that the squigly's dissapered but still no pic i then recheck reading from the sd card and same thing the pics come up but the picture is rolling i dont even get that when reading from the cable.

Pages

Connect With Techlore