Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kevincotton
Angan said: Larry and new

Angan said: Larry and new friends - I have a WS-55613 with this same blinking green LED light continuously flashing away.  It started the morning of Tuesday.  The television was working TIP TOP and I had just had ATT's U-verse put in over the weekend and was still blown away of the clarity of the HD channels.  I felt my 3 year old tv was still better than all that plasma stuff.  The next morning my fiance went to turn it on and it just went into flashing LED mode and does not do anything else.  I have pretty much spent a few hours reading and I am certain it's these capacitors on the DM module and I am just aching to spend the weekend repairing it.  Larry, would you please send me the great work you've completed on successfully repairing this DM module that everybody is talking about?  please send it to [email protected] I can't tell you enough how helpful it would be.  BY chance do you have any Fry's Electronics or Radioshack part numbers to these capacitors that have proven to be effective in repairing this module handy?  I could just start calling these stores and making sure they have them.  I believe this model tv has 7 total that I should change, correct? Thank you SO much in advance.  I'm excited about getting my Mitsu and repairing its issues. Ryan

Hello All ! I have the same problem with my WS-65613 can you PLEASE help me out with Instructions and Where to buy the Parts for the MD module, PLease Help me. [email protected]

Kevincotton
Larry Dillon said: Rich and

Larry Dillon said: Rich and Ron, I will send out the repair info asap for your TV set tonight. Good Luck with your repairs.

Larry can you please send me the info as well, Thank you.  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Kevin, It is on it's way man.

Kevin, It is on it's way man. Good luck with the repair!

Leonus
Hello! I have a continuous

Hello! I have a continuous blinking light on my WL-82913 ... does your solution work on that model? I would be interested in any documentation you can forward. Thanks!

mak (at) makthemortal.org

Larry Dillon
I really do not know a lot

I really do not know a lot about this model number.. You would need to get the service manual for this model first then we can find out. That is available as a download HERE Good Luck

Richie P.
Larry,

Larry,

My parents have the Mitsubishi WS-55895.  My daughter accidentally flipped the switch that shuts the power off to the outlet the surge protector was plugged into.  When they turned it back on the green light just flashes just like the others above describe.  They have left the TV plugged in to flash for over a day and no luck the tv wont power on.  The local dealer wants $177 just to come out and look at it,  and my dad described the problem to them on the phone and they claim it will be around $800 to fix it.  I was reading about the 4 caps to replace on the DM board.  Now I can solder no prob but finding this DM board and the 4 caps will be.  Is there anything you can email me to help me with this?  My email is    [email protected]                  thanks 

Larry Dillon
Are you sure of the model

Are you sure of the model number? I do not know any model like the WS55895, now there is the WS55859. I will assume that is what you ment. This particular set is an older type of DM and has seven capacitors you need to change out. I will send you the repair info and you can save the 177 bucks as well as the 800 bucks the shop was going to charge you. Good Luck PS, your daughter had nothing to do with the TV set breaking down. If the power would have went off, the set would have done the same thing. The set was ready to go out.

Leonus
Okay, I got the manual. What

Okay, I got the manual. What am I looking for?

Larry Dillon
send me a copy to techman32k

send me a copy to [email protected] and I will see what your looking for.

J-dubs Dad
Larry,

Larry,

Back in December you sent me the info needed for the "blinking green light" repair.  I replaced the caps and my TV worked great....for three days.  Then the problem started again.  The family was watching TV and the screen went blank.  I pulled the DM and checked the caps again.  They appeared to be fine (no bulging) but I replaced them again.  This time, it did not fix the problem.  I checked the DM fuses and have continuity through them.  I've read that there may be a power supply problem or some other problem with the DM.  Is this something you are familiar with too?  I haven't messed with it since the end of December but I'm afraid my family is going to have me killed if I don't fix the TV. (model #WS-55513)

Thanks!   [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Is it the same blinking light

Is it the same blinking light that never goes out? Even after a minute or so? Any sound?

J-dubs Dad
Yes, it's the same light, and

Yes, it's the same light, and it never goes out.  If there is a sound associated with it, it's so faint I can't hear it.  I had also installed the cooling fan during the initial repair.  I can hear the cooling fan (very faint), but nothing else.

Samsterdog
Larry - I replaced the caps,

Larry - I replaced the caps, reseated the board several times, including with and without the cover. Could you send me your instructions that seem to reference about some small surface mounted fuses that go bad? Thanks.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
j, dubs, did you make sure

j, dubs, did you make sure you reseated the board without the cover when you replaced the capacitors the second time?

J-dubs Dad
Yes I did.  In fact, I've

Yes I did.  In fact, I've read where several others had the same problem with seating the board completely, so I made sure I seated it when I reassembled the unit.  When I got the blinking green light again (for about 5 minutes), I opened the unit back up and double checked the DM to make double sure it was seated.  I also took a flash light and did a quick check of any capacitors I could see on some of the other boards but did not see any other bulging capacitors.

Samsterdog
J-dubs - I found that I had

J-dubs - I found that I had dislodged a coil on the DM module board. I called Mitsubishi and have ordered a replacement. My suggestion is to check your board and make sure no components have been damaged.

Samsterdog
Larry - Can I get the service

Larry - Can I get the service manual for my WS-65813?

J-dubs Dad
Samsterdog - Thanks, I'll

Samsterdog - Thanks, I'll give the DM a good look this afternoon to see if anything looks obviously wrong.  I'm used to to mechanical world.  This electrical stuff is black magic as far as I'm concerned!

missy24
hey Larry i bet i dont have

hey Larry i bet i dont have to say what im looking for

i have model ws55513 and the blinking light problem please send me the info on how i can try to fix it

thanks in advance

al

email [email protected] 

mtoxin
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said: Draggnnstarr, if the light stops flashing after 60 to 70 seconds like you say, your problem is NOT the problem with the DM capacitors. That is a totally normal state. Your problem is most likely a problem in the main power supply. How long was it in storage?

Hi Larry, 

I have a WS-55615 Mitsubishi Rear Projection set and I can NOT get it turn on at all. When I unplug it for a while and then plug it back in the green light of death starts blinking for about a minute or so. Then when it stops and I try to turn it on it does not respond at all. Nothing. When I hit the reset button it goes through the same routine: green light blinking but will not turn on.

From what I can gather it is not the DM module it is the Power supply?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am desperate at this point!!

Thanks,
Dean

ChemGuy
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I have a similar problem as everyone else, only slightly different.  I have the model WS- 65813 TV, and it continuely shuts off by itself.  The screen will go completely black (or blue) and  the sound also shuts off.  If I shut it off and turn it back on it will be fine for a while.

This "fix" can last for maybe a couple minutes up to a day. I was wondering if the capacitor fix will also work for this, and if not what might?  You can send the info to [email protected], if you have the time.

Thanks for your time. 

J-dubs Dad
Larry,

Larry,

I checked my DM for obvious signs of damage per Samsterdog's suggestion.  Nothing.  Everything LOOKS fine.  I also re-checked to verify the board is seated properly.  Again, it SEEMS fine.  Any further thoughts or suggestions for a fix.  If not, can you recommend a plasma or LED product in the 55 inch range that seems to be a quality product.  I would prefer one without any blinking green lights!

J-dub's Dad

Larry Dillon
Dean, it certainly sounds

Dean, it certainly sounds like capacitors in the power supply. What I can recommend is if you do not have the proper equipment or the know how to trouble shoot the power supply is to go to ptscorp.com, contact them by the phone number and see what they will charge you to trouble shoot and overhaul the chassis assembly. I heard it was about $299.00. That is a lot better then the average of 800 to 1000 bucks a repair shop wants to do it for, and guess what? I know several local shops that sends the chassis to pts and then gets a profit of 600 bucks for little effort so why not save that expense and forget the middle man. Good Luck man.

Larry Dillon
Chemguy, it does sound like

Chemguy, it does sound like you may have a couple of problems. If your not really tech savy, you could always send the entire electrical chassis to ptscorp.com. They will overhaul the entire chassis and make major or minor modifications on this chassis for about 300 bucks. You can contact them by going to ptscorp.com and getting their phone number there.  Or you could open the set and look at the main power supply board and see if any capacitors are swollen on the tops and also do for sure check out the DM board for bad caps as well. I will certainly send you the repair instructions and the service manual if you still want them. Good Luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
j-dubs, I would at this point

j-dubs, I would at this point send the chassis to ptscorp.com. They will overhaul the entire electrical chassis for a flat rate. Contact them at the web site. Good Luck with your repair.

ChemGuy
Larry,

Larry,

I would still like the material if you could send it.

Thanks again

badmit
Larry,

Larry,

I have the ws65813 with continuous blinking light. It started shutting itself off intermittently about 4 months after I bought it and the frequency of this issue increased until now. The light wont stop blinking and unplugging, resetting, crying, begging and talking nice to the TV does not resolve the issue.

I would be greatful for the instructions that have apparently helped so many others fix this problem.

s p a m @ p o r t 2 0 0 2 . c o m

thanks!

Larry Dillon
chemguy and spam, I will have

chemguy and spam, I will have those directions for your TV set sent out to you in s shiort time. Good Luck.

Kgamble
Hello and sorry to hijack

Hello and sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a ws65857 that has the same blinking light issue, and am wondering if Larry can send me the info for the fix.  I fixed my Tivo the same way by replacing the capacitors.  Anyway thanks in advance for the help.  The email addy is [email protected]

Ok sorry I am an idiot the right number is WS-65869

Larry Dillon
Sorry, I do not know that

Sorry, I do not know that model number. Look at it again.

Pages

Connect With Techlore