Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
norcopro
Larry,

Larry,

I have the blinking light problem with a Mits WS 55613. I have taken out the DM and changed the capicators with the recommended 1000uF 35V. They have been soldered properly (+/+) (-/-). Still have no luck with the power coming on. It seems that everyone else is having success but I am not! Can you please send me your information and magic potion so I can perform your wizardry on this beast. If I get this thing going I am getting a HDtv for almost nothing. I appreciate your help and concern with this situation.

Tim Neisler     email at   [email protected]

St Louis MO

Thank you very much.

DRomero
Larry,

Larry,

I have the DGL (Damn Green Ligth) problem on my Mit WS65813. I Would apreaciate if you can send me the guide and service manual to replace those capacitors. sent it to diego,[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Tim, Did you check the small

Tim, Did you check the small white surface mounted fuses on the DM board. There is yellow writing on the solder side of the board that says where the small fuses are. Also, a lot of folks that installs the DM back onto the main board with the shield casing on. Take off the case and install the board first and make darn sure that all of the connectors mate up propely. Then install the shielding back around the DM board. Plug in the set and wait about a minute or so and see if the light stops flashing. If it dioes stop flashing, your set should turn on. Good Luck, and I will send you the repair documents anyway.

Larry Dillon
DRomero, I will send those

DRomero, I will send those documents out to you ASAP Good Luck with your repair.

Chooch
Larry,

Larry,

I woke up this am to attempted to turn on my WS-65813 and found that I too have the dreaded green blinking light.  The TV has been in one spot since it was delivered in 2004.  I've had an APC UPS on it since then as well.  I have done the system reset, unplug, rinse repeat and the light still flashes.  Could you send me guide and service manual to replace the caps.  mailto: [email protected]

Thanks in advance!! 

dr. jd
Has anybody that has written

Has anybody that has written Mitsubishi about this common  GBL problem ever received a response from them? If so what was the outcome. I know I haven't. Any class action lawyers in the thread? This is an obvious manufacturing defect which according to Master  Larry would cost $1,000 on the retail market to fix.

Larry Dillon
Chooch, I will have those on

Chooch, I will have those on their way to you shortly. Good luck

Larry Dillon
Mitsubishi knows all about

Mitsubishi knows all about the problem. The big thing is, they offer a warranty for a set that is honored and this problem happens AFTER the warranty period. See the point? This would be like your new car. After the warranty period is up, you need a valve job. They will make you pay for the repair unless you purchased an extended warranty. Why should the company fix something out of warranty even if it happens on everything they makes? It is not a matter of a safety thing. So they do not have to do a recall. They could if they wanted to, help out folks with a little label, but that is not a good way to make a profit. I do honestly think this will hurt their brand loyalty customers in the future though.

Jeff_m
Larry

Larry

I have a Mitsubishi ws-65813 and have a blinking green light.  I have unplugged from the wall,  pressed the reset button but will not turn on.  I have been reading through the fourms and was wondering if you could hellp if at all possible.  If you could forward any information to my email address it would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

DRomero
Larry Dillon said: DRomero,

Larry Dillon said: DRomero, I will send those documents out to you ASAP Good Luck with your repair.

Larry,

while I wait for the documents, let me explain you my problem. I bought my TV in 2003. I really never had any problem before the Blinking Green Light. I was using it every day ( 4 to 6 hours daily). In 2006 I moved to Europe. I have it conected through a 240-120 volts converter (does not convert frequency).  Since it can not process PAL signals I only use it to whatch DVDs (Blu Ray since the realese of PS3). So I only used 4 to 6 hours a week. In Dec07 I went back home for the holidays and left it unplug for about 5 week. When I came back I plug it back into de converter and green light blinking did not stop. I unpluged and pluged back in, press reset several times and nothing. So I unpluged it. a week later I decided to try it again. the GL kept blinking so i decided to read owner manual (first time since I bought it ;) ). after resetting it several times while I was reading the GL suddenly stoped. I turned on and great it worked. then it worked without any problem for about a month. then one day I turn it on and the damn GL came on blinking again. I did not unpluged the TV this time. Almost every day I would check it and the GL was still going so I try resetting it but nothing. after about two week. My son notice one day the the GL had stoped. so we turn it on. it worked. we watch a movie and next day the damn GL was back on blinking. It has been a little over a month now and still blinking.

Do you think the capacitor may fix it? Could my setup (240-120 volt converter) be cause of my problem?

Thank in advance for your help.

my email again is   [email protected]

Cheers,

Diego 

Larry Dillon
Typical capacitor problem.

Typical capacitor problem. The longer you wait to repair it, the more of a chance it will not work. After several times of the light blinking then stop blinking then blinking again, the capacitors Will burn out the board. I highly advice NOT to use the set or even leave it plugged in till you replace the capacitors. I will send those out to you. Good luck

paulc
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

I have a WS-65813 that started the blinking green light problem last night.  I'm wondering if you can send me the repair information?  The best part is that my 4 year extended warranty expired 1-31-08.

thanks for your help,

paul

[email protected]

Jeremiah
KeithO said: Larry,  it would

KeithO said: Larry,  it would be appreciated if you can send the instructions you have to fix the DM module for the WS-65813.  I have the blinking light.  thanks.  [email protected]

Larry,  it would be appreciated if you can send the instructions you have to fix the DM module for the WS-65813.  I have the blinking light.  thanks. Jeremiah,  [email protected]

Jeremiah
Larry Dillon said: On their

Larry Dillon said: On their way man. Good Luck

Thanks,cant watch KU

DRomero
Larry Dillon said: Typical

Larry Dillon said: Typical capacitor problem. The longer you wait to repair it, the more of a chance it will not work. After several times of the light blinking then stop blinking then blinking again, the capacitors Will burn out the board. I highly advice NOT to use the set or even leave it plugged in till you replace the capacitors. I will send those out to you. Good luck

Larry,

Thank you very much. I did the repair yesterday and now the TV is working like a charm. this is what It took me to do the fix.

I had to buy:

- Low watt soldering tool - de-soldering tool  - solder - wire cuter - 4 capacitors (as expecified on the email) - Multi meter. (to check the fuses) - broken PCB with components (to practice since I never solder before)

all the above for a total of   Eur 30

I also spend 20 minutes watching videos on how to solder on Youtube and another 20 minutes practicing.

After that, carefully followed your instructions. Your diagnostic was so correct that the old capacitos on the DM board looked just like the ones on your pictures. Anyway, I spent about 1:30 half hours doing the actual repair.and after that TV was fix.

Thanks again man,

Diego

Larry Dillon
Diego, Great news you

Diego, Great news you repairered the TV set and save a bunch of cash. Thanks for the feedback.

tsr181
Hello,I have a 4  year old

Hello,I have a 4  year old Mitsubishi 65813 that refuses to turn on...as of yesterday.  It has always had the slow green blinking light( a curiosity) ...but as of yesterday it is in super rapid blink mode and it refuses to switch to slow blink mode... so I can not turn the set on.  Is this the capacitor issue?  Would you kindly forward me the repair instructions/diagrams?  My email address is  [email protected].Much appreciation,Tom 

tsr181
Jeremiah said: Larry Dillon

Jeremiah said:

Larry Dillon said: On their way man. Good Luck

Thanks,cant watch KU

Hello,I have a 4  year old Mitsubishi 65813 that refuses to turn on...as of yesterday.  It has always had the slow green blinking light( a curiosity) ...but as of yesterday it is in super rapid blink mode and it refuses to switch to slow blink mode... so I can not turn the set on.  Is this the capacitor issue?  Would you kindly forward me the repair instructions/diagrams?  My email address is  [email protected].Much appreciation,Tom 

tsr181
Hello,I have a 4  year old

JRO
Larry,

Larry,

Same problem as everyone else.  Mitsubishi ws-65813 with the green blinking light problem.  The information on how to replace the capacitors would be greatly greatly appreciated! Thanks a million in advance!

Sincerely,

Brian

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Tom, you only need to post

Tom, you only need to post the problem ONCE and in one place. I have already sent to you the repair documents. Good Luck

MRATC
Larry,

Larry,

Please add me to the list with the blinking green monster (on my WS-65813)  Can you also send me the info on replacing the 4 caps...I have the back off with the parts in hand.  I would qppreciate pics if you have them.  Also, doesn't the whole panel slide out or do you have to unscew something.?

Thanks in advance,    [email protected] 

Racefan29
Larry,

Larry,

I too have the Green Light of Death. Could you be so kind as to send those instructions my way also. I can't tell you how relieved I am to see others have this problem.....and that you are nice enough to offer the fix!

Thanks a Million!

Larry Dillon
Racefan, nice face!! Where

Racefan, nice face!! Where would you like the repair documents sent to? E-mail address!

Racefan29
Sorry Larry,

Sorry Larry,

I was so excited that I wasn't going to have haul this monster 100 miles to the nearest repair shop that I got ahead of myself. You can send them to [email protected].

Thanks again!

Larry Dillon
Ok, OK your forgiven! I will

Ok, OK your forgiven! I will be sending those out this morning. Good luck with the repair.

dwmsdsl
Hello Larry, I really want to

Hello Larry, I really want to thank you for your assistance. I have a Ws65-813 that has the blinking green LED problem.  I would like to get the instructions you have available. My E-MAIL address is [email protected] . Thanks again.

jazzdude
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Kudos for the great service you're providing to all . . . way da stickit to the man !!

We have a ws65712 that I'd like to take a shot at fixing.  My email:  [email protected]

So I'm curious, with this many people having the same issue, would you call this a design flaw?  Or a really large shipment of bad caps ?? ;)  Have these all occured in a relatively narrow span of time?   Or is it just another case of "planned obsoleteness" :(

Thanks! 

jazzdude
and a quick follow-up:

and a quick follow-up:

I don't know if it matters but my blinking green light o' death will go off and let me attempt to power the set.  But a couple seconds into bootup the tv shuts down again.  You can continue to try and power up but each time it shuts down after a second or two.  The blinking green will reappear if I unplug from the wall for a few seconds.

probably the usual problem, but I just wanted to clarify my symptoms in case there might be other issues involved.

Thanks again!

kevco
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with the blinking green light.  Can you e-mail the fix to [email protected].  Also, where is the DM board located?

Thanks!! 

Pages

Connect With Techlore