Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
pdmeehan
Thanks for keeping track of

Thanks for keeping track of all my questions. I'll measure the voltage of that IC. It's really hard to get to. Are you saying that I should measure from each side to ground or across the two?

One reason I was hoping to not use a plug in adapter for 6 (or 12) volts was beacuse I don't really want a second plug coming from the TV. I guess if this works I may just abandon the fan anyway.

I had already discovered that I couldn't seat the DM with the case on. The TV would not turn on and the green light kept flashing. Meaning the DM had not been able to boot. So I had pulled the cover off already to make sure it was seated.

Princess Dina
Hi Larry - I too need the

Hi Larry - I too need the instructions sent to me regarding the blinking light. I have a 65813. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:)

Larry Dillon
On it's way princess. Opps,

On it's way princess. Opps, you forgot something princess, where do I send it to?

Larry Dillon
No one side at a time to

No one side at a time to ground. You really should install the fan if you want the set to last and we are not engineers here so I will not recommend where else to install the fan wires. I would take the easy way out and use the adaptor. No big deal really so you have another wire coming out of the set.

pdmeehan
Larry Dillon said: No one

Larry Dillon said: No one side at a time to ground. You really should install the fan if you want the set to last and we are not engineers here so I will not recommend where else to install the fan wires. I would take the easy way out and use the adaptor. No big deal really so you have another wire coming out of the set.

Hi Larry, So I measured the voltage on the two leads for the IC9C25. I got 10.6 volts on one side and 9.22 volts on the other. Is that within tolerances?

Princess Dina
Oops! Sorry Larry. My email

Oops! Sorry Larry. My email is [email protected]. Thank you so much!! I can't live without my reality tv!! Just kidding:)

Larry Dillon
pdmeehan Those voltages are

pdmeehan Those voltages are perfact. now measure the switched power supply voltages.

pdmeehan
Thanks Larry, I'm not sure

Thanks Larry, I'm not sure which switched power supplies you mean. Are there instructions somewhere? [email protected]

Larry Dillon
The block diagrams are in the

The block diagrams are in the service manual

pdmeehan
Does anyone have a copy of

Does anyone have a copy of the service manual that I can have? Thanks so much. [email protected]

Tjune
Does anyone know why my tv

Does anyone know why my tv won't turn on??? I have a 61' RCA Model D61W20, I "push the "ON" button and all I get is blinking green power light. It'll blink 3 times and stop. It used to come on after a few trys but now it won't come on at all...Any suggestions?!

pdmeehan
Can't anyone help me with a

Can't anyone help me with a copy of the Service Manual? I know there has to be one in a pdf format that someone has to share. Please!!!!!

Paul

[email protected]

pdmeehan
Larry Dillon said: pdmeehan

Larry Dillon said: pdmeehan Those voltages are perfact. now measure the switched power supply voltages.

Hi Larry,

Thanks so much for the service guide. I had a chance to download it from Pando.  There is a section about the main power supply.   On page 77 I see what look to be voltage specs across a diode and resister or diode and fuse combinations. Are those the measurements you are suggesting?

Thanks

Paul

eddieZ
I also have a Mitsubishi

I also have a Mitsubishi WS65813 TV and the green light is blinking endlessly. We had a storm last night and the power went out. When the power came back on, I was left with this problem. It sounds like you have helped allot of others with the same issue. Would you please send me the instructions to fix this problem. Thank you. [email protected]

xboss
larry PLEASE SEND me the info

larry PLEASE SEND me the info on repairing my green light problem mitsu 65513

thanks so much
xboss
[email protected]

grinch73
Larry,

Larry,

I also am having the green light issue with a WS-65713. Could you please send me the instructions to fix it as well. Thanks for all you do on the board.

Jeff
[email protected]

JerryV
Larry Dillon said: yes they

Larry Dillon said: yes they are.

Larry,

I also have a WS55513 with the never ending blinking led, I would be very grateful if you could send me the information to repair the set.

Thanks in advance

Jerry

[email protected]

grinch73
grinch73 said: Larry, I also

grinch73 said: Larry, I also am having the green light issue with a WS-65713. Could you please send me the instructions to fix it as well. Thanks for all you do on the board. Jeff [email protected]

Looks like Larry may be on vacation. If anyone has the info available would you be so kind as to forward it on to me. I wanted to try and get my TV fixed over the weekend. Thanks.

Jeff

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
no sorry not on vacation. man

no sorry not on vacation. man i wish. a medical operation

grinch73
Sorry to hear that Larry.

Sorry to hear that Larry. Somebody was nice enough to send me a copy of the instructions. Did the fix this morning and everything seems to be working. Picked up a desoldering tool, regular soldering tool and a roll of solder at Radio Shack last night. Did some test runs on an old network card I had for about an hour, then jumped in. Came out fairly well for a 1st timer. Thanks for everything. Keep up the good work.

sarge
Larry Dillon said: I will

Larry Dillon said: I will send them to you. Good Luck

I just joined this tech site as the "dreaded green blinking light seems to be common with Mitsubishi TV's. I have a ws-48613 and the reset does not work after the green blinking light. I would appreciate some help on the fix and if you could email instructions to me at [email protected]

Thanks for your help.

Sarge

helimick
Larry, hope your doing better

Larry, hope your doing better, I called a $100 service guy to tell me that I need a dm board for my mitsubishi WD62527 and if I wanted it fixed they can get one and install it for the low price of $768 more! HELP ME! Could you send me the info for the dreaded Blink Of Death, I'd rather take my chances fixing it myself. Thank you so much!

[email protected]

CKlan
Larry..yet another request...

Larry..yet another request...
I have the WS-65813 and the same beautiful blinking green light.

Would you be so kind to send me those same instructions along with part numbers to fix my TV?

Thank you in advance!!

Jeff

CKlan
Sorry...didn't include my

Sorry...didn't include my email address...

[email protected]

Thanks again!

Jeff

Sam_M
I've got a WS-65713. Could

I've got a WS-65713. Could you send me the info and such to get this thing fixed. It driving me nuts, listening to my better half and daughters crying about no TV.

Sometimes it takes a few minutes, an hour or so or the better part of the day before the LED quite blinking. It's been working for about a week before it started again today. My wife thought the earthquake today (I'm in Southern Calif) had something to do with it. I found this formum and hope I can fix this myself. (I'm a electron tech, so I can be handy with a soldering iron if necessary).

my e-mail is: [email protected]

it's a disposable e-mail address that I can manage spam (no offense).

Thanks,

Sam

Linny
Hi Larry, I have a Mitsubishi

Hi Larry, I have a Mitsubishi WS-65813 with the green blinking light problem. Can you send me the instructions to fix it? Thanks from Linny Sue
[email protected]

powertrippin
please please send any info

please please send any info on this to [email protected]

thanks in advance

yellowducking
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Can you send me the instruction as well.

[email protected]

Thank you much.

Sam_M
I think Larry maybe under the

I think Larry maybe under the weather. I haven't received the instructions from him. I see an earlier post that he had been in the hospital. I hope the man is ok.

Is there anyone here that can shoot off the instructions to me for the blinky led issue. I have a WS-65713.

I didn't receive a response to my request last weekend so, I tried the fix from what I could figure out from the all the posts here on this forum. I yanked out the DM and replaced the caps. I tested the old caps and sho nuff, they were no bueno. I could visually tell right away, no good caps, for they were swollen.

Anyways, I replaced the caps and reinstalled the DM. The blinky led problem fixed. Although, I have anutter problem, from my own carelessness. When I press the ON button, the TV starts to come on, then I hear a buzz, then it shuts down.

What I did, I mistakenly plugged a connector, which I think goes to the middle CRT into the DT connector near the FBT BLOCK. I then plugged the connector back where it supposed to go. Although, the TV will still turn ON, a few seconds later buzz then shut down. I can see a flash of blue in the neck of the middle CRT when this happens.

Larry, If you're back to the board, could you tell me what I may can do to fix my problem. Or if anyone else knows, I'd appreciate the advise. Also, since Larry may not be around, could someone send me the instructions to the DM fix...I want to make sure I didn't overlook something.

Thanks,

Sam
email: [email protected]

Sam_M
I decided to haul this 350 lb

I decided to haul this 350 lb beast out to the garage so I can have better light and room to work. This is what I found that I screwed up:

I plugged the PM connector into the DT connection. I get a 21 error code from the the blinky LED reading, which means a problem with the X-ray protection. My question is: Did I fry the one of the ic's (IC5A00, IC5A01, or IC5A02) near the DT connection? Or one of the components that is in this circuit?

Larry, if you're around can you give me some tips on this issue? I'd sure appreciate that. If Larry is not around, if anyone else could help, that'd be great. Larry, if you're under the weather, "Hope you get better, Man. We miss you."

Thanks,

Sam
e-mail: [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore