Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lelms
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

I think someone sent you the manual for a 65732 recently.  I am wondering if you came up with specific suggestions for repairing the blinking green for this model?  Mine is only 14 months old, and went into cardiac arrest, with only the blinking green functioning.  Thanks in advance for your help.

mark lellman

[email protected]

Dave Stevens
I also would like the

I also would like the instructions for fixing the blinking green light problem.  I have had this for about 6 months, but the tv worked fine until today.  Now it won't turn on at all.  I have a WS65813 that is about 4 years olds.  My email address is:   [email protected]

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
Dave, the documents are on

Dave, the documents are on their way man. Good Luck!

Kgamble
Larry Dillon said: Sorry, I

Larry Dillon said: Sorry, I do not know that model number. Look at it again.Ok I am

ok I am an idiot the number is WS-65869, thanks again

Larry Dillon
Kgamble, now your talkin man.

Kgamble, now your talkin man. I will have that repair info out to you shortly. Good Luck with the repair.

ChemGuy
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I still have not recieved that info yet.  

I may have given the wrong email, so here it is again.

[email protected]

Thank you again for the help 

Kgamble
ok last question on the

ok last question on the matter, after searching high and low, I cannot find 1000uF 35V caps, but I have the 1000uF 16V high temp caps, my question is this, is the only downside to a direct replacement is that I will be doing this again in a few years??? 

Larry Dillon
Do not use the 35 volt ones.

Do not use the 35 volt ones. The issue is not the voltage. The capacitors are simply wearing out. Use the 16 volt high temp caps. I am not an engineer, but I have installed a small cooling fan, like a 12 volt one and connected up a 6 volt external transformer and leave it plugged in all the time to keep the DM cool. After all, the DM is always on drawing power and making heat.

Larry Dillon
Chemguy, I will send out the

Chemguy, I will send out the infomation again. Good Luck!

JVMC
Larry, I still haven't

Larry, I still haven't received directions on the blinking green light syndrome. The model I have is WS-65613. My emails are as follows: [email protected] or  [email protected] thanks for your help....

roncipolla
Larry,

Larry,

I feel a little dumb....can you send me the repair info again.  My spam filter probably ate it.  Please put the subject as ONION..............that will help.

My set is now dead in the water........

Ron 

[email protected]

roncipolla
Larry,

Larry,

Forgot, the model is the  WS-65613.......65" unit.

Ron  

Larry Dillon
I will send them out again.

I will send them out again. Maybe one of the addresses will work. Good luck

Larry Dillon
JVMC, I have sent them out to

JVMC, I have sent them out to both addresses. Good Luck

Shadow_otw
Good morning all!

Good morning all!

I have read with great intrest the various threads and comments here regarding the dreaded blinking green light of death!

I woke this morning to find my three year old Mitsubishi WS-65713 would not power on...and nothing I tried worked. It has been installed at the same location for almost its entire life, and I have a pro grade power filter and protector in line.

With a three year old in my home that typically only gets to watch TV on weekends, this is baaaad!

May I please have the instructions for the DM board service?

Thanks!

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Shadow, They are on their way

Shadow, They are on their way. Good luck with the repair.

roncipolla
Larry and All,

Larry and All,

WS-65613

Since I had not soldered a board for almost 30+ years I questioned my ability to do the fix.  I ordered the four capacitors ($7.50)  and shipped overnight ($40) and after a little less than an hour  I plugged the TV in and waited as it powered-up.  When it starts to power-up one gets a sick feeling since the green light blinks for about a minute - BUT this time it stopped blinking.  When the TV was turned on everything worked perfectly, first time.

This is not a difficult task and requires a little confidence..... Larry THANKS!!!!!

For others go for it......it is actually quite easy. 

Larry Dillon
Glad to hear you repaired

Glad to hear you repaired your TV set? Did you look at the manual and see how the front screen comes out so you can clean the optics? It can make a world of difference a lot of times. Congrats!

aschwartz
Hi, i have the same binking

Hi, i have the same binking light problem with my ws-65813 projection tv and would like the manual and info on the fix.

thanks!

My e-mail:   [email protected]

Kgamble
No more 13 incher for me,

No more 13 incher for me, just an update, I have finally gotten my HD back and lovin' it.  Larry I have to say thank you so very much for all your help and ideas.  I have a WS 65689 that had 7 caps that were replaced, but when I plugged it all back in still the blinking green monster.  So now what, I kept reading and Larry suggested to another poster to start checking fuses. So I tore it all apart again, and started in on it with my meter.  Came across a surface mount fuse (F9B01) that was bad, and my local store of course didn't have any, but he gave me an idea, he sold me a pico fuse with the same amperage.  I just soldered right to the bad fuse since my new fuses leads were too big to fit into pcb.  Put it all back together and it works just like new.  Thanks to everyone that helped and Larry send me another email so that I may thank you for your time and effort.  Please send it to [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Congrats on the repair. Glad

Congrats on the repair. Glad you got it working. Thanks for the feedback.

Shadow_otw
Kgamble said: No more 13

Kgamble said: No more 13 incher for me, just an update, I have finally gotten my HD back and lovin' it.  Larry I have to say thank you so very much for all your help and ideas.  I have a WS 65689 that had 7 caps that were replaced, but when I plugged it all back in still the blinking green monster.  So now what, I kept reading and Larry suggested to another poster to start checking fuses. So I tore it all apart again, and started in on it with my meter.  Came across a surface mount fuse (F9B01) that was bad, and my local store of course didn't have any, but he gave me an idea, he sold me a pico fuse with the same amperage.  I just soldered right to the bad fuse since my new fuses leads were too big to fit into pcb.  Put it all back together and it works just like new.  Thanks to everyone that helped and Larry send me another email so that I may thank you for your time and effort.  Please send it to [email protected]

I just completed the repair, and still have the blinking light. I checked the fuses in the back before I started and none were shorted (or so I thought). Looks like I have to pull this thing apart again and check my work...

shotindadark
Larry Dillon said: On its

Larry Dillon said: On its way. Good Luck

LArry I have A mitsubishi ws-65813 model with the green blinkin light problem ...please send me the service manual and the fix and how to take apart the TV...thanks   send to   [email protected]

Shadow_otw
Success!

Success!

Larry, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

This has been indeed a learning experience I intend on paying forward! I might not have the depth of knowledge I need to help people in electronics, but there are other things I can and will help with.

Thank you again Larry...your the best!

Larry Dillon
Shadow, I am glad you got it

Shadow, I am glad you got it worked out. why did it not work the first time? Was the DM not seated properly?  Glad you fixed irt though.

Larry Dillon
shotindadark, I have just

shotindadark, I have just sent out the repair instructions and service manual for you. Good luck

Lelms
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

I emailed you a copy of the manual for the 65732 a few days ago.  I am hoping you received it.  If not, I can send it again.

When you get a chance to look at it, I am still in need of advice on which caps may need replacing, to fix the green light flash on my 65732. 

Thanks again.  mark lellman

[email protected]

Leonus
Any luck with the WL-82913? I

Any luck with the WL-82913? I sent the manual a couple weeks ago. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Thanks for your time!

Larry Dillon
Lelms, I looked throught he

Lelms, I looked throught he manual and to get to the DM is a real problem. They really do not show a lot in this set. I would call ptscorp.com and ask them what they would charge to rebuild or repair the electrical chassis. Go to the web site and gtet the telephone number. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
Leonus, when you leave a

Leonus, when you leave a message please let me know what the set is doing and what model number. I have looked through the manual. What is it you need to repair in this TV set?

Pages

Connect With Techlore