Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
brownerd
Larry - I have a WS-65813

Larry - I have a WS-65813 with the infamous blinking LED problem... Could you please send me a copy of your instructions on how to fix this? Thanks!

brownerd
Larry Dillon said: Brownerd

Larry Dillon said: Brownerd to where?

Dohhhh - Sorry!  [email protected]

Thanks Again!

Larry Dillon
The repair documents are on

The repair documents are on their way to you. Good Luck with the repair!!!

gsterpka
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
Success!!! I replaced the four capacitors and the TV is working great.
I did find that unsoldering the old caps was a little tricky, and I had help from a qualified tech. The main problem we had was cleaning the holes to accept the new Caps. Used a "sucker" for that. About $10 at Radio Shack.
In our case it took about four hours. I was tired from the ordeal, and waited till the next day to put the DM module back in. The first time I did not push the module down hard enough and it did not seat.
But, on the second try, everything went well.
I want to thank you for your help and let everyone know that this IS worth trying,
since I see that a repair bill could be as much as $1000. Parts cost me about $15 with shipping, but I ordered extra caps, just in case.
Please email me, so I can thank you personally.
I can't thank you enough.
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Yep this repair can cost you

Yep this repair can cost you as much as a 1000 bucks if not More. There are still a lot of repair shops that do know of this problem and are still ripping off the general public , and I have received several emails that are calling me a traitor to the trade, I say no you are a traitor to the trade for trying to rip off the public Glad to hear you repaired the set. You might want to also see the service manual on how to open the front of the set open so you can clean off the mirrors as well as the three picture tube lens. Most of the time makes a world of difference.

topher1976
I have a 65713 module and I

I have a 65713 module and I am also having the same continuous blinking green light. Within the past few months the tv would shut off by itself ever so often. I did not think much of it, but now light will not stop blinking. Could someone please send me the info on how to replace the capacitors. [email protected]

topher1976
Larry, could you send me info

Larry, could you send me info on how to replace the four capacitors in the DM module. I have a 65713 model. My email is [email protected]. Thank you

joew
hello larry,

hello larry,

I am experiencing this issue w/my ws65813 and would love to attempt the repair. Would you please send detailed information so that I might save my beloved tv?

joe w

[email protected] 

Larry Dillon
Yea, OK on it's way to you.

Yea, OK on it's way to you. Good Luck with the repair!

sjkep58
Larry, i know you have been

Larry, i know you have been besieged by requests but i found this link on the net after my WS65613 started the blinking green light syndrome desicribed in this thread. And after calling a repair man who said it would cost me $1000 dollars to replace the dm board and probably a month to get the part. I thought i would attempt this repair you speak of. Could you plz send the instructions to [email protected]. I thank You for your time.........

Larry Dillon
MAN!!, How many times did you

MAN!!, How many times did you post this??

ZZZZZ
Larry,

Larry,
I changes the caps on the DM board and the set started up fine. That was in October. In December, the set started to periodically go from the normal picture to a blue screen. If I turn the set off and then back on, the picture returns for about 4 hours, then goes to the blue screen. Now this happens about every 10 minutes. I have run diagnostics and have been getting 12. Have you seen this problem before and do you have a solution. Thanks

Larry Dillon
What input are you using? I

What input are you using? I mean the internal tuner, cable box, Input?

TJWEJ
Larry can you also email me

Larry can you also email me the repair for the Blinking Green light! I have a 4 year old 65813. Thanks

ZZZZZ
Larry,

Larry,
I have 2 inputs that I use. One is a cable box and one is an antenna. I get the same results under both inputs.

dongino26
Could I get a set of

Could I get a set of instructions and/or part number for WS-65713? For repairing the blinking green light disease.  Thanks.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
On their way to you, Good

On their way to you, Good Luck with the repair

Spicoli
Larry Dillon said: On their

Larry Dillon said: On their way to you, Good Luck with the repair

Hello Larry,

same problem here with the green light... I have model #65813 can i get the instructions on the cap replacement please.

Your a life saver...

Jeff

[email protected]

ZZZZZ
Larry,

Larry,
My model number is 65813. The screen is now going wavy at certain times during the day.

Larry Dillon
Did you reinstall all of the

Did you reinstall all of the grounds and the sheild around the DM?

ZZZZZ
Yes, I reattached all cables

Yes, I reattached all cables and the shield around the DM.

Big Pappa
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
Well I have the same problem with the blinking light on my 65813. I wish I would have found this site sooner. I paid someone $350 to fix the green blinking light problem but it still persists. When you try to switch it on it will blink for 30 seconds and then do nothing. I unplug the power to the TV and plug it back in and it starts to blink again. Once it stops blinking I hit the power button again it will turn on. That is the procedure that I have in order to get it to work. I would like to solve the problem instead of this kinda working procedure that I have going on. If you have the diagram please send it to [email protected]. Thanks.

Larry Dillon
You have the set in power

You have the set in power saving mode it sounds like. A very common problem. Go into the main menu under the power options and turn it off. You should be good to go. Good luck

Storey
Larry,

Larry,

Thank you for the secret to repairing my set (65813). It was an intimidating endevour as I have never done anything like that before. Only a bit of soldering with the old Weller gun.

Well, I managed to get it all done but when I tried to turn it on, nothing. Just the same blinking light mocking me after all that nerve wracking work. It blinked fast like that for the rest of the evening. I was frustrated and left the set plugged in over night.

Next morning I came out of the shower and heard a racket downstairs..."What's that racket?" I called down to my wife. She said "It's the TV you fixed yesterday!" Hallelujah!!! I had done it.

Some of the fellas at work said that the capaciters needed to recharge but I have no idea. I am just happy that it works. 

No experience soldering on a board, never taken a TV apart, had never desoldered like that. It shouldn't have worked.

So, many many thanks for the work it took to create the walkthrough and suggestions for the parts and tools that it took. I could never have justifed $1K for a repairman. 

You're the man.

hro60
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I too have a sick WS-65813 with a continuous blinking green LED. Until now, I had no idea this problem is so typical. Would you please send me the instructions, etc. that I need to make the needed repair? my email is [email protected]. Thank you so very much.

Dusting
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have a fast blinking light issue on my WS-48515. Could you please send the instructions/diagrams you have so graciously sent to everyone over the last 8 months. dgabbett at gmail

Thank You,
Dustin

Larry Dillon
I would Dustin, but it would

I would Dustin, but it would not do you any good as this model of set does not have the same DM module, nor the same fault that all these other sets are having. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
Your welcome storey. Glad to

Your welcome storey. Glad to hear you repaired the TV set.

Dusting
Hello,

Hello,
I have a fast blinking light issue on my WS-48515. Last week there was a power outage(probably a surge/spike to the TV as well). I have tried resetting it, leaving it unplugged for 1+ days, leaving it plugged in for 1+ days. As soon as I plug AC into it...flashing green light forever until I unplug AC.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Dustin

BTW, Thanks Larry. I did notice that most people you were helping had the 513 series (predecessor to the 515), I figured I would give it a shot. I still appreciate how many people you have helped.

topher1976
Larry, I would like to say

Larry, I would like to say thank you very much for your help. I replaced the capacitors with the panasonic ones that you recommended. The entire job took a total of about 4 hours and I have no soldering experience at all. The tv works great and it all cost me only $20. Thank you very much.
[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore