Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
66vent
Larry,

Larry,

Add us to the list of blinking green lights. Could you send me the information on the fix for this problem. We have Mitsubishi Model WS-65813. We had a power outage yesterday and now we can not turn the TV on. I have hit the reset several times, unplugged the TV and plugged it back in , still blinking green light and no go. Is there anything else that could be wrong or is it most likely to be the caps?

Email:  [email protected] 

Larry Dillon
66vent, sure will! I will be

66vent, sure will! I will be sending those out to you shortly. Good Luck with the repair.

Gunnar
Larry, I also am having the

Larry, I also am having the BGLOD on my WS-55613 and was wondering if I could get the info needed sent to:

[email protected]

Thank you sir.

66vent
Larry, Thank you, I will

Larry, Thank you, I will print the manual when I get to work Mon. I checked back with the place I bought the TV and they said I am still under a full warranty with my set.YIPPEE!!!!! Part of the deal when I bought it was I got a FREE extended warranty. The warranty is still in effect, which I was not sure of, but my wife reminded me of the fact that she thought we were still covered. I appreciate your fast and speedy service, however it appears as though I mighgt not need the manual till a few more years have gone by.  You responded so quickly and with great information. I have ordered from Mouser before and their service is good too! Best Regards! 66VENT

Larry Dillon
Great news man. Wish you luck

Great news man. Wish you luck with your repair.

Larry Dillon
Gunnar, you are now added to

Gunnar, you are now added to the list of recipients for the repair documents as well as the service manual. Good Luck with the repair.

shininstar4u2c
Hi Larry,  I too am in need

Hi Larry,  I too am in need of the instructions.  Same ol' thing - blinking green light of doom.  I have the Mitsubishi WS-55613.  Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Please send to [email protected].

Thank you,

Dub G

shininstar4u2c
Hey Larry!  Thanks for

Hey Larry!  Thanks for sending.  I will post an update as to how well it went.

mcvaline
Larry - need i say 4 words?

Larry - need i say 4 words?

blinking friggin green light

my model is the WD-62825. Not sure if you have any green-light-guru help for that model, but I would be incredibly appreciative for anything you might pull from your magical sleeve.

Repair man came out and said it's the DMI - replace for $650, but I am trying to have faith in the thread. I would love to give him some Larry advice that might save me some $ before hitting the bank account.

I also started getting some faint horizontal lines (look a little pink/red), and the white seems to be ghosting a little - in all situations? Any relation?

Sets only 3 years old. I work in the wine busines, so if you live up to your Larry the Legend name, I have no problem returning a favor - that is if you like vino.

[email protected]

thanks in advance.

Larry Dillon
I love a good dry Rosa or a

I love a good dry Rosa or a light dry white with my fish. I will certainly send you out some information you will for sure like. Good luck with the repair my friend.

nathan
For all of you that are

For all of you that are having "green blinking light" problems with your Mitsubishi televisions, it is not necessary to fix the sets yourself.  Mitsubishi is paying for repairs.  They realize that they have a problem. 

Contact Mitsubishi at  [email protected] and let them know of your problem.  If you are the original purchaser of the set, they will reimburse the cost of repair, although they may try to negotiate you down to one-half.  If you are tough, they will pay for the full cost.  Ifyou want to go right to the top, the address of the president follows: 

Ikuo MorisadaMitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc.9351 Jeronimo Road Irvine, CA 92618

Good luck.

Steven Jones (not verified)
Larry,  thank you for the

Larry,  thank you for the service manual you sent a few weeks ago.  I had my husband and son take apart the tv and pull the DM board.  All the caps look perfect.  Now, upon reading more on here, I wonder if this is not the same problem.  I'll go back and tell you our symptoms,   WD52725  green light blinks and then tv goes on, stays on for a few minutes then colors scramble on tv and then shuts off.  Green light blinks until tv is unplugged and then starts over again. Thank you again for all your help.   nel

Larry Dillon
No your problem is the

No your problem is the formatter board or the light engine. It is called the FMT board, but no guarantees.

Steven Jones (not verified)
If it is the fmt board is

If it is the fmt board is there a way to diagnose a problem or just order a new board?

Larry Dillon
Not really. The only way

Not really. The only way really, without expensive test equipment, is to simply replace it. But, like I said, there is a good possibility it could also be the light engine. your problem is a common one, but is a problem that is caused by a couple of different things.

Jackie1085
Larry, can you e-mail me the

Larry, can you e-mail me the instructions to fix the DM Module for WS55859, I have the blinking grren light problem also.  [email protected]  thank you

Larry Dillon
Jackie, I will be sending out

Jackie, I will be sending out those repair documents in a little while. Good Luck with the repair.

dr. jd
Larry- You seem to be the

Larry- You seem to be the Mitsubishi Master, I have a WS55711 with the green blinking light. Can you please forward the repair instructions for the DM board so I can try the repair. Thanks in advance  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
dr jd, those repair documents

dr jd, those repair documents will be to you shortly. Good Luck with the repair.

dr. jd
Larry- Im on the fix now. I

Larry- Im on the fix now. I have the wood shelf above the DB out. However on my Ws-55711 there is a metal bracket holding the DM module instead of a plastic one. The screws to remove it need to be acessed in the very narrow space  between the DB and the plastic bracket holding up the wood on which the lenses sit. Does the entire chassis have to come out?

dr. jd [email protected]

Larry Dillon
No the entire chassis does

No the entire chassis does not come out.

supertek
Larry, I also have the

Larry, I also have the blinking green light problem on my mitsubishi WS-65713. Can you please send me the instructions needed for the repair of the DM module. Thanks. [email protected]

dr. jd
Larry- I was able to remove

Larry- I was able to remove the one screw closest to the back with a Yankee racheting screwdriver.  I then had to remove the speaker grill and speaker and by pulling the DE unit as far to the rear as possible was able to get a screwdriver tru the speaker cutout and directly unscrew it . The DM power board is out. The capacitors say Jamicon on them and not Sanyo . What should I replace them with. Thanks again

dr. jd

Larry Dillon
dr jd, replace them all with

dr jd, replace them all with the numbers I gave you. They do not have to be a specific part type. Just a high temp type capacitor.

Larry Dillon
supertek, I will send you out

supertek, I will send you out the repair information in a short while. Good luck with the repair.

davsmith
My boss has a WT-42313 model

My boss has a WT-42313 model with the same problem. he is in Florida and I am in North Carolina. He will be here this week. Do you think the Digital Tuner Module is also his problem? he sent me My Fix Document.pdf, Mitsubishi_diagnostic_codes-329299.doc, and MITSUBISHI TV Troubleshooting Guide.pdf for a V23/WS48513 TV. He also got this info off the internet.

TRAV OAKES
Larry

Larry

We also have a Mitsubishi 55513 with the blinking green light. A Sears repair man told us our DM Module needed repair and the cost would be $700.00.  We told him we would think about it and after plugging it back in it worked for a week or so...

Please email us pictures and all the information in locating and repairing the dm module ( tv repair manual etc. ). If you know where we can purchase these capacitors and have part numbers that would be great.

[email protected]

Thanks for your help.

kevinkss
Hey Larry I have the same

Hey Larry I have the same blinking light problem. Could you please send me the instructions on how to fix it, I have the ws-65813 model and my email is [email protected]

thanks

mccr
Larry, also have the blinking

Larry, also have the blinking green light issues.  If you could please send a copy of how to fix this that would be great.  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
mccr and kevinkss, I will

mccr and kevinkss, I will send out the repair information shortly to you. Good Luck

Pages

Connect With Techlore