Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rob98374
Larry,

Larry,

I have the chance to buy a Mitsubishi WL-82913 LCos RPTV for $2300.

The only problem I noticed was the ghosting effect (Bad converence?) In all the info on the web that I found, it looks like ther is no converence adjustment. Is this a costly repair? I want this TV because it is 82" and it is the biggest I can find. (that I can afford)

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
Rob, I do not know that model

Rob, I do not know that model number I'm afraid.

boe
Hello,

Hello,

Anyone else have trouble removing the solder from the old capacitors?   I know squat about soldering so I watched a few online how to videos about desoldering.  I could barely even get the old solder to be soft let alone soft enough to be removed by the desolder braid.   I just ordered some SMD desolder material but if someone has any tips I'd be happy to know how to do it without the SMD kit.

Thanks

Larry Dillon
If you cannot get the solder

If you cannot get the solder soft enough for braid to pick it up, you probably need a hotter tip. You also may need to add more solder to the joint before you can unsolder it.

boe
I certainly appreciate all

I certainly appreciate all the help I've gotten but apparently I'm just not cut out to do this work.   I removed the solder from the old capacitors (I was trying with the tip of my welder - should have used the angled edge).   I put in the new capacitors - even checked them again as it was still blinking the first time I put in the board.  Seated the board again - still no joy.

Somewhere I read I could buy a new board from Sears for $50 - is that true?  If so I have a WS-65813 if someone knows an easy way to order it from Sears.

Thanks!

Rob98374
boe said: I certainly

boe said: I certainly appreciate all the help I've gotten but apparently I'm just not cut out to do this work.   I removed the solder from the old capacitors (I was trying with the tip of my welder - should have used the angled edge).   I put in the new capacitors - even checked them again as it was still blinking the first time I put in the board.  Seated the board again - still no joy. Somewhere I read I could buy a new board from Sears for $50 - is that true?  If so I have a WS-65813 if someone knows an easy way to order it from Sears. Thanks!

I think it was $550 from Sears.....

See if you can get a friend to do it. It isn't real hard to do.

boe
Thanks - I agree it wasn't

Thanks - I agree it wasn't that hard to do once I realized the very tip of my solder iron wasn't hot enough to desolder only solder.   I got all the new capacitors in nice and tight - seem like good solder connections but the system is still just blinking.

dr. jd
Boe- what watt soldering iron

Boe- what watt soldering iron did you end up using, as I just bought the 15 Watt from Radio Shack but saw they also sold a 25 and 45 watt models and I am going to replace the capacitors this weekend.

Larry Dillon
Boe, what is the model number

Boe, what is the model number of your TV set?

boe
Larry - I have a WS-65813.

Larry - I have a WS-65813.

I believe the soldering iron I bought was the tenma 21-7930 - for $40 - since I have only done large soldering with wires before I have no idea if it is a good one or not.   I do know that I am not skilled at it.

Larry Dillon
Boe, make sure you installed

Boe, make sure you installed all the capacitors in the board the correct way. You do know there is a plus and a minus on each capacitor? Also, unplug the TV set and take out the DM. Now take off the casing around it and re seat the DM down into the main board making sure you are installing correctly. Now install the casing carefully around the DM and plug in and see if the light stops blinking after a minute or so.

boe
Larry - thanks - I put the

Larry - thanks - I put the LONGER lead through the positive hole on the board.

I'll try the second - I did try it without the casing making sure the copper flashing wasn't touching anything.

Larry Dillon
Did you check the small fuses

Did you check the small fuses on the solder side of the DM as described in the repair document?

boe
Larry - no i hadn't checked

Larry - no i hadn't checked the fuses.   I'm not sure which ones are the fuses - on the side accross from the capacitors - to me the little parts pretty much look alike. 

I don't see any parts that say F9B00 - doesn't mean they aren't there - just that I don't see them/recognize them.

Larry Dillon
There is yellow lettering on

There is yellow lettering on the solder side of the PC board. They are most of the time white in color and look like a small white rectangles. There are two or three of them.

boe
Thanks - I think I see 3 of

Thanks - I think I see 3 of them.   -just hook up an ohm meter to the ends that are metal?

Larry Dillon
Yes. Also check fuses F9A02

Yes. Also check fuses F9A02 through F9A05 on the power supply circuit board. Make sure all fuses have continuity.

boe
Larry - thanks again.   I

Larry - thanks again.   I really appreciate you putting up with my inane questions.  I didn't get as far as the fuses but I did resolder all the capacitors, make sure it was seated properly (without the sheild) and it works great!

Who da man?  - YOU DA MAN!!!

Larry Dillon
GREAT NEWS MAN!!  Now before

GREAT NEWS MAN!!  Now before you install the sheild, unplug the set, reinstall the sheild, take off the front screen as per the service manual, clean the lens and the mirror, and you should have a set that looks great!

Rich Alder
 Good evening, I have the

Good evening, I have the Mits WS-65813.  I turned the TV on tonight and found the Blinking Green Light. Could you email me the repairs on the DM. Thank you [email protected]

roncipolla
Larry Dillon said: Speed,

Larry Dillon said: Speed, You will need to contact an authorized Mitsubishi parts house and ask them, as the manual does not even have a schematic or parts list for the DM board, only a part number for the entire board. I have never replaced the eeprom board in one of these TV sets. If the Caps do not fix the problem, I'm afraid the only option is to replace the DM. Good Luck

Larry, I too have the blinking green light.  You seem to have the solution......can you send me some info?

Thanks,

Ron 

roncipolla
Larry,

Larry,

The email address is [email protected].

Ron 

Larry Dillon
Rich and Ron, I will send out

Rich and Ron, I will send out the repair info asap for your TV set tonight. Good Luck with your repairs.

DevAdmin
Mr. Dillon, I have the

Mr. Dillon, I have the blinking light on a WS-65813.  Can you please send me the info. of the locations and the capacitors types that need to replaced.

[email protected]

Kind Regards,

Kent

Larry Dillon
Kent, the documents are on

Kent, the documents are on their way to you. Good luck with the repairs.

dr. jd
Larry what do you recommend

Larry what do you recommend to clean the projectors and sceens with before putting the set back together

dr. jd

Lelms
Larry,

Larry,

I have been reading this forum.  I hope you can help me.  My 1.1 year old Mitsu WD65732 just went into blinking green mode.  Unplug and reset did nothing.  I am wondering if you have diagrams for replacing the caps for this model?  Do you know any part #'s for the caps that should be replaced?  Is this likely to be the problem, or is it something else?  Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me.  It worked fine yesterday, now nothing.  Thanks again.

[email protected]

JVMC
Larry, after many searchs on

Larry, after many searchs on the web, all point to you as the guru for fixing these mitsubishi. my problem is the same as most above, green blinking light on a WS-65613 and the repair people said about $1K. the tv is only a few years old. I am assuming it is the DM module, can you send me the part #'s and whatever insturctions i will need to fix this myself. Thanks for your help in advance.......Jovi my email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
JVMC, I will have these out

JVMC, I will have these out to you in just a little bit.

Larry Dillon
Lelms, I do not have this

Lelms, I do not have this model number. I will need to take a look at the service model. You can get one from HERE

Pages

Connect With Techlore