Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
mrtoner, Great news Man!!

mrtoner, Great news Man!! Glad to hear you saved tons of cash. If you read the original e-mail i sent you, it will explain the reason I sent you the original factory service manual so you can take apart the set and clean the morrors and lens after you repaired your TV set. Read the entire e-mail, it will explain about the cleaning. Good Luck!

Larry Dillon
James, I will certainly send

James, I will certainly send you out the repair information in a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

Dukane Technica...
Larry Dillon said: I will

Larry Dillon said: I will certainly send you out the repair information for your TV set. Good Luck!

Larry,

Thanks so much!

I removed and repaired the DM. Someone else worked on this unit before me and pulled the doubler out for some reason. After repairing the DM I noticed a little surface mount cap laying on the tuner board. I pulled out the doubler and sure enough it had fallen off that board. I was getting the flashing green light before I replaced the four caps on the DM but now I get nadda... no lights at all. I checked the fuses (all the ones I could find). I have the 9v standby voltage (9VS) but the 30vs test point reads 0. Would a problem with the doubler cause this? Any other ideas about what to try next?

Thanks again for all your help. I'll let ya know how this turns out.

Frank

DTS 

+

Larry Dillon
Frank, double check the

Frank, double check the soldered in pico fuses in the main power supply. They would be marked on the main power supply board as F9A02 through F9A06. One of those could be bad.

mrtoner
Larry Dillon said: mrtoner,

Larry Dillon said: mrtoner, Great news Man!! Glad to hear you saved tons of cash. If you read the original e-mail i sent you, it will explain the reason I sent you the original factory service manual so you can take apart the set and clean the morrors and lens after you repaired your TV set. Read the entire e-mail, it will explain about the cleaning. Good Luck!

Larry - would you be kind enough to resend the e-mail?  Seems to have disappeared..... [ probably me ]....   [email protected]      Thanks!!!!

ScottK
Larry,

Larry,

My 2 year old WS65813 developed the blinking green light of death this weekend.  Can you send me the repair with pictures. My email is [email protected].  Thanks for your help.

Scott

Larry Dillon
Scott And mrtoner, I will be

Scott And mrtoner, I will be sending out the documents a little later today. Good Luck with the repair.

JonP
hey larry I posted a new

hey larry I posted a new thread for my particular TV if you could take a look at it I would really appreciate it, thank you !

http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/20592/Mistubishi-WS65869-Blinking-Green-Light-OF-DEATH/;jsessionid=D579CBE92A85417D516CAC7AE6156EA2 

JonP
either way larry, as you can

either way larry, as you can tell from the other post I replaced the 7 caps on my ws65869 and its still blinking.  Any suggestions before I go Jihad on this tv?

nerual96
Larry, I would appreciate it

Larry, I would appreciate it if you could send the document to me. I have the blinking green light too. My TV is a 65813. My email is [email protected]. Thank you.

Larry Dillon
nerua196, I will send out the

nerua196, I will send out the repair information in a short time. Good Luck.

mrtoner
Larry, I would appreciate it

Larry, I would appreciate it if you could send the document to me: [email protected]. Thank you.

Larry Dillon
You will need to check the

You will need to check the small fuses on the main board, in the power supply. Theyt are marked, F9A02 through F9A05. Check them all for continuity.

CubanX
Larry Dillon said: You will

Larry Dillon said: You will need to check the small fuses on the main board, in the power supply. Theyt are marked, F9A02 through F9A05. Check them all for continuity.

Larry, I'm JonP's friend with the TV... checked the fuses, all have continuity... what next?

JonP
Jihad on the tv? Maybe a cap

Jihad on the tv? Maybe a cap came bad, I'll check those tonight, but I doubt it... Larry will the tv still blink if the boards housing isnt properly grounded or will it just be dead?

Larry Dillon
Make sure the capacitors are

Make sure the capacitors are all in the board correctly. They all do have a polerity on them. Next thing would be to check all of the standby voltages in the standby power supply. You know there is the possibility that the capacitors have indeed blown out the chips in the DM. I have seen bad DM's in about 21% of these cases.

CubanX
Larry Dillon said: Make sure

Larry Dillon said: Make sure the capacitors are all in the board correctly. They all do have a polerity on them. Next thing would be to check all of the standby voltages in the standby power supply. You know there is the possibility that the capacitors have indeed blown out the chips in the DM. I have seen bad DM's in about 21% of these cases.

Made sure (and double checked) before installing DM power supply that all capacitors were put in with the correct polerity... How would I go about checking the standby voltages in the standby power supply? Any suggestions on where to by a used/refurb/new DM for the WS-65869 from at a good price? Thanks again

Larry Dillon
Oh now I see? You are on the

Oh now I see? You are on the wrong board man. Look at the model number of this thread. Check the on board fuses on the DM board. They are marked F9B00 and F9B01

Derek Hines
Larry:

Larry:

Your a pretty popular guy with those repair instructions!

I have the same problem for my 65813.  Can you please forward me the instructions and diagrams as well?  My email address is: [email protected].

Thank you so much!

-D-

Larry Dillon
Derek, I have sent out the

Derek, I have sent out the repair documents for your TV set. Good Luck

Derek Hines
Awesome, thanks...never

Awesome, thanks...never worked on electronics before...but here goes!

Take care.

chocorasta
Larry!Help! Im a college

Larry!
Help! Im a college student who just purchased on these tv's (Mitsubishi WS-65813). The person who had it was nervous about fixing it and gave it to me for an amazing price. However they had no manual. Could you send me the manual and how to fix it?(blinking light of death) I have read other reviews on how to fix it, but would like to see yours. Me email is: [email protected]
I have already ordered parts from Digikey. They should be getting here tommorow. Please help me out! Thanks Larry!!

-Caleb 

JonP
larry I just checked the

larry I just checked the fuses on the ws65869 dm board and they are fine, also when I put the meter on the diods the voltage keeps going up so it seems the caps are charging even off of the meters power... Any other suggestions??

CubanX
 ONE SHOT LEFT AND I'M GONNA

ONE SHOT LEFT AND I'M GONNA ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JonP
Blinking green light, meet

Blinking green light, meet blinking red light...

Larry Dillon
Oh my Gosh, That would make a

Oh my Gosh, That would make a neat You Tube video? Although you could probably get Mitsubishi to do something for you. I would at least ask before you destroy your TV set.

Larry Dillon
Caleb, that repair info will

Caleb, that repair info will go out in this mornings mailing. Good Luck with the repair.

JonP
do you know where we could

do you know where we could find a dm board? If not what do they usually go for? I dont want to get stiffed by the repair guy. whatever the culprit you can assure yourself SOMETHING on this tv is going to have some holes in it when this all over! I'll post it on here for all the others that feel our pain LOL. Anyway, thanks again in advance you've been very helpful.

Larry Dillon
Go to ptscorp.com, Get the

Go to ptscorp.com, Get the number and call them.  I think they will rebuild your board for 175 bucks or so.

falconmech
Larry,

Larry,

I have the same problem as well. My 65813 used to have the blinking problem more often but Mits told me there was a software update. They sent me the card free of charge and seemed to fix it. About 6 months later had the blinking green light but was able to get reset some how. Now it's back and I can't clear it. Would you be so kind and send me those instructions and diagrams to [email protected]  Thanks!

Chris

Pages

Connect With Techlore