Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
Griffin Caprio
im glad i found this forum..i

im glad i found this forum..i too have the dreaded blinking green light, my tv is mitsubishi hdtv ws-65713 , it about 4 yrs old now , if i un plug it  for a few days it will work again , but a couple days later the same thing , larry if you would be so kind as to email me the repair i would be greatful, thanks , my email is     [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Documents are on their way.

Documents are on their way. Good Luck with the repair.

Amsel
Wow I didn't know this was

Wow I didn't know this was such a common problem with these TVs. My TV is a Mitsubishi WD52725 and it's been having a quite similar problem. Is there any chance you can send me the repair as well? My email is [email protected] -- Thanks a million.

P.S. I love the site, thanks for helping out so many people!

bealea
Larry my emailis pcab2004

Larry my emailis [email protected]

Thanks

Bryan

Bobby B
Hi Larry, I made a mistake

Hi Larry, I made a mistake when I gave you the model number of my Mitsubishi HDTV 1080, THE CORRECT MODEL IS WS 55859, Could you please send me again the instructions to fix the blinking light? I follow the other instructions, and I found it easy to do. Sorry about it, and thanks for your help, here is my e-mail address:

[email protected] 

dishobgyn
Larry

Larry

I am one of the people with blinking green light. I have mitsubishi WS-55859 and I opened the set and found the DM power board and changed the 7 caps (they did not appear defective).  also changed one of the surface mounted microfuses which was shorted and still no luck.  still getting the blinking light.

would you please send me the manual to  [email protected]  and if you can give me some insight also appretiated.

thank you

frekki
Larry,

Larry,

Looks like you are a busy guy!  I have a constant blinking green light on my Mitsubishi WS-55511 set and can not power it on.  Would appreciate it if you would send the documentation on the fix to [email protected].  Thanks for your time!

Larry Dillon
dishobgyn, you say you

dishobgyn, you say you replaced one of the fuses that were short? Fuses are suppose to be shorted, that's what they are is a fusible link. If one was shorted and the other was not, then your problem is most likely the fuse that did not measure shorted. They both should read full continuity. Check the other fuse and make sure the capacitors you installed are all in the right way. I will send you the repair information as well as the service manual.

Larry Dillon
wtito, I sent out the repair

wtito, I sent out the repair info to you this morning. Good Luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
frekki, I sent out the repair

frekki, I sent out the repair documents and the service manual for your model TV set. Good Luck with the repair.

Rocmar
Larry,

Larry,

I also have the blinking lights of death on my WS55813, could you please send the info for the DM repair.  [email protected]  .  Thanks in advance

Larry Dillon
Subldo, They are on their way

Subldo, They are on their way to you. Good Luck!

CubanX
Larry,

Larry,

I am hoping that you could please send me the instructions to fix "Green Light of Death" on my Mitsu WS-55813.  Please email instructions to [email protected].  I would greatly appreciate it.

Larry Dillon
Tdub01, the directions are on

Tdub01, the directions are on their way to you. Good luck with the repair.

CubanX
Larry, Hey I did not rec've

Larry, Hey I did not rec've anything yet.  Should I expect it via email?  How big is the File?  I am wondering if my firewall here at work might have kicked it out.  If it is not too much trouble, you could fax it to me at 817-762-4951.  Thanks

Larry Dillon
If you work in the aviation

If you work in the aviation field, yes it did kick it out. I cannot fax.

L8RG8R
Hello everyone. Put me in the

Hello everyone. Put me in the que too. I've got a WS-55513 that has just died. When powering on, I hear the click, green light comes on solid for a few seconds, and then goes off with a another click. I'm getting the 2-2 code. Help!

[email protected]  

Chris Custis
I'm looking at my uncles tv

I'm looking at my uncles tv Mitsubihi WS-48513 won't power on. Blinking timer light on front, I would like comments on this. I've seen posting on replacing caps on DM board. Can someone e-mail pics or discribe where these caps are in TV and where to buy them.

Thanks,

Chris

E-mail: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Chris, I have sent out the

Chris, I have sent out the repair information your way. Good luck with the repair.

myra161
Hi Larry,  I have a

Hi Larry,  I have a Mitsubishi WS-B55 with the same blinking light problem.

Can you send me repair info please.  My email address is [email protected]

thank you. 

Larry Dillon
myra, those repair documents

myra, those repair documents as well as the service manual will be to you soon. Good Luck with the repair.

Blux
Blux said: Hello Larry, I

Blux said: Hello Larry, I would greatly appreciate if you could send the instructions for replacing the capacitors to fix the blinking green light on a Mitsubishi - HDTV 1080  ( WS-55613 ).  You seem to have helped a lot of people with a similar problem.  You would think Mitsubishi would be more helpful in fixing this issue.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.  Here is my e-mail....  [email protected] - Bryan

Hello Larry,

Any luck with finding the instructions for for replacing the capacitors to fix the blinking green light on a Mitsubishi - HDTV 1080  ( WS-55613 )?  Thank you very much for any help you can give me.  Here is my email...  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Bryan I thought I sent those

Bryan I thought I sent those to you man. Sorry, Me Bad!! I will get them out to you right away. Good luck with the repair.

Hoffdad
Larry,

Larry,

My WD-65732 has come down with the green light of death as well. Luckily it was the day after my superbowl party! Could you please send me the info I need to fix this issue? My email address is [email protected].  Thanks so much!

frekki
Larry,

Larry,

You are the man!!  The information you sent was for the most part accurate and easy to follow.  The link for the capacitors took me right to the parts I needed and purchased.  I repaired my Mitsubishi WS-55511 and watched the Super Bowl in widescreen HD bliss!!  Thank you for the expert advise!!Cool

tommy_pete
Larry,

Larry,

I am almost in disbelief that so many have the blinking green light of death on their 55859 and there you are - a voice of hope in cyberspace.  I would most surely appreciate the directions on how to repair this.  Same story as most - power failure and then the blink.  [email protected].

Chris Custis
Changing the four caps on the

Changing the four caps on the DM board did fix the problem on my uncles TV not powering on. I haven't spoke with him this week but it was working last weekend after I replaced the caps.

Chris

frank sr.
 i too have the blinking

i too have the blinking light of death . im not going to go into the details im sure youve heard them all before. i was hopeing you can send me some info on how to repair the capasitors myself . i would greatly appriciate it . thank you . my email addy. is -  [email protected]  hope to hear bak from you soon . Sean

perdudanbrume
Hotrodrob said: Larry, Thanks

Hotrodrob said: Larry, Thanks for sending the service manual. I also checked the voltages on the DM board and have the 12v, 28v and 5v. None of the Caps are bulging either. Rob

Larry, The Convergence IC has been replaced three time in the last 6 months with the most recent replacement last month. Also the Capacitores were replaced serveral years ago and last night the TV just went off. If you press the power button the green light comes on then goes back off. If you have any suggestions that would be great. I am thinking it might be time to just replace this TV as it was manufactured in August 2002. I am not going to buy another Mitsubishi. Thanks for any advise.

gowell
larry

larry

please send me the instruction [email protected]

thanks.

Pages

Connect With Techlore