Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Julian
Thanks Larry,

Thanks Larry,

I received the instructions right away.  The way you have it set up made it very easy for me to get to the part.  I had not soddered in over 10 years so i took that defective panel to a shop and had them do that part of the job.  That solved the issue and I now have TV again.

To all looking at this forum.  Larry is the real deal.  He is now my new savior.   I think I will have to pray to him every night.

Thank you

Larry Dillon
Awww, Thank you so much for

Awww, Thank you so much for that compliment! I am glad you got your TV fixed and save a ton of cash. Have a great holiday season.

yakiper
Larry Dillon said: Sure I

Larry Dillon said: Sure I could send them to you if I knew your e-mail address. This repair has helped a lot of peeps fix their sets, but there are some that it does not. Always worth a try I guess.

Hi Larry,

Mu cousin has similar problem with his WS65513.

Could you help with service manual and tips, my E-mail:[email protected].

I can also help with service manuals and repairing tips for consumer electronics.

Thank you,

Yakiper

Str8Pryd
Larry,

Larry,

I've got the blinking light of death on on my Mitsubishi WS-55511, also.  Would you be so kind as to send a copy of the information on diagnosing and/or replacing the capacitors and pico fuses to [email protected] please?

Thank you, sir!

Larry Dillon
I will send that information

I will send that information you need this morning. Good Luck with the repair

mark b
Larry could you send me

Larry could you send me instructions for the blinking light syndrome for my mitsubishi ws65813 thank you [email protected]

Heidorn39
Sir,

Sir,

I have been (infected) :)  with the dreaded flashing green LED on my Mitsubishi ws-55613 HDTV.  Any chance I could get a copy of your fix and possibly any type service manual info you may regarding my unit?  Its hard watching this 27 incher when I am used to the big HD.  Want to get it back running to watch my beloved Bengals lose another game.... Thanks in advance..... Cliff

[email protected]

Heidorn39
I am sooo stupid,   my Tv is

I am sooo stupid,   my Tv is a WS-55613  and didn't realize I could just edit the above, disregard this jibberish....Embarassed

Larry Dillon
Heidorn and mark b, I will be

Heidorn and mark b, I will be sending out those files in just a short while. Good Luck and Happy Holidays.

DanHawkes
Hi Larry -

Hi Larry -

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55511 that has the green blinking light.  It will not power on at all.  I had a repair guy come out and he said that I need to replace the DM Module to the tune of $500.  I saw that you have a repair protocal that you can send to me so I can either fix it myself or have someone else do it.  Can you help me with this?  [email protected]

thanks,

Dan

Larry Dillon
Dan, I will send you out the

Dan, I will send you out the documents you need to attempt the repair of your TV set. Good Luck

Donny76
Hello Larry, My name is Donny

Hello Larry, My name is Donny and I have a mitsubishi ws-55511. It also powers on and shuts off after about 3 seconds. I read that many members have had the same problem with this model and have been repaired by either replacing the pico fuses or capacitors and the DM board. I was also told it would cost about 500 dollars. I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me a copy of the diagnostic and repair procedure. My email is [email protected] Thank you very much.

Larry Dillon
This TV set is a little

This TV set is a little different then the other sets with four capacitors. This set has seven capacitors. Look on page 24 of the service manual I am going to send you. Also follow the pictures I will send you for that model also. Good Luck

Heidorn39
I found out that my

I found out that my maintenance agreement thru HHGregg was still in effect.  The repair tech came and I played dumb, easy to do, and saw he did exactly what your fix detailed, however it did not fix the problen.  He said that this fix usually works but on 1 in 30 it takes more, so he has ordered a DM and an E2P for the set.  That sound about right?  He will get it in and be back in ablout a week... Cliff

twells
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Need Your HELP !!!!!!

I also have a mitsubishi ws55511 which is dead with the constant green light blinking. Could you please send me the document on replacing the caps on the DM module. Thanks.

My Email : [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Thanks Cliff for the input.

Thanks Cliff for the input. Keep us informed please.

Larry Dillon
rubia, I have sent out the

rubia, I have sent out the photos and the service manual for you to see and hopefully this will help you repair your TV. Good Luck

Donny76
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the instuctions you sent me for the tv. I removed the dm module and took out the dm power board. The caps look ok but they do smell like burnt electronics. Do they give off that smell when they go bad? And I also wanted to ask wether i should also replace the fuse on the board as well?

Thanks,

Donny

Larry Dillon
No Donny, the fuses only

No Donny, the fuses only replace if it checks open. Yes the capacitors will have that strange electronic's odor to them. Change them right away.

breakaway
Larry I have the DM board out

Larry I have the DM board out and in the process of ordering the caps Is there anything else I will need and what are Pico fuses do I need to change them out too EW

Jerry77354
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-55859 that is 6 years old.  I did the capacitor DM fix about a year ago and the problem was fixed until about a month ago.  Now I am having similar problems but all voltages in the DM module check OK as well as the  fuses.  The front green light flashes for over a minute and then goes out.  TV will not start and the light goes back to flashing for over a minute after a minute or so of being off then repeats.  The green led inside the DM module case also flashes for about the same amount of time and also goes off for about a minute then back to flashing.  Problem started like the original DM problem by not coming on when left unplugged for a while but now is constant.  The P-On1 and P-on2 are never changed by the TV processor and the other standby voltages on the power supply board also check good.  Any suggestions? 

Larry Dillon
Breakaway, just change the

Breakaway, just change the capacitors first and then we will go from there.

Larry Dillon
Jerry, Yes there are several

Jerry, Yes there are several things you need to check. The fact that the light goes out means that the problem DOES NOT lie with the DM board most likely. That is because the green light stops flashing which means that the DM and the TV set went through the proper boot up cycle. You need to check fuses F9A04 and F9A05 in the power supply and see if one or both are open. If they are, replace the convergence IC8C01, the STK393-110. Then the bad fuse(s). Do not try to replace the fuse without replacing the IC first or you will cause more damage to the power supply. A fuse does not normally go bad for no reason. There is only one IC in this set that controls the convergence. Start with this and let me know.

Jerry77354
Larry, 

Larry, 

All fuses F9A01 through F9A06 are good. 

I have the factory schematics for this set but they do not contain anything on the DM Module except for the power supply.  Do you have anything on the DM module in the way of schematic or other troubleshooting info.  The light on the DM module below the memory card slot blinks slower than the front light when blinking.  Both go out for a minute or so then blink again for a minute or so, etc. 

Larry Dillon
No, Mitsubishi does not

No, Mitsubishi does not provide any circuit information on the DM board. It is, according to them, not field repairable. Contact ptscorp.com and see what they want to rebuild the DM. Good luck

bdutton
I have a Mits WS-55513 with

I have a Mits WS-55513 with the identical problem.  I removed the back panel and took a picture:

bad capacitor?

I assume that stuff oozing out of the capacitor is bad right?

Any help is apreciated.  You can email me:  [email protected]

Thanks. 

Larry Dillon
No man your WAY off base dude

No man your WAY off base dude. That is not stuff oozing out of the capacitors. That is silicon that the factory puts onto the capacitors to hold them in place while they are soldering them in.  What you are showing is NOT your problem.  It sounds like you have a problem in the DM assembly.

Jerry77354
Larry,

Larry,

I may have confused the issue with asking about information on the DM board.  I know all of the different issues run together with so many problems out there.  My problem is the blinking and then stop for a minute and then blinking again, etc.  Did the cap fix about a year ago and voltages are all ok on DM board power supply and standby power supplies (6VS, 12VS, 28VS, 32VS).  Per your reply I checked all fuses I could find including F9A01 through F9A06 and all were good.   Model is WS-55859 and problem started similar to capacitor problem with blinking light when turning on after being unplugged for a while.  Would finally turn on but now is blinking then off then blinking, etc.  

Any suggestions after checking the fuses and finding them good?

bdutton
Larry Dillon said: NIf you

Larry Dillon said: NIf you would have ask, I would have sent you the right documentation for your TV set man. What you are showing is NOT your problem.

I am asking...

My issue sounds identical to the capacitor problems that have been reported.  Constant blinking green led.  Never goes out evenafter doing a system reset or hard power off.

I have a WS-55513 and need help. 

Larry Dillon
Yes bdutton, you got lost in

Yes bdutton, you got lost in here. I will send out that information to you later this morning. Good Luck

Pages

Connect With Techlore