Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
Neo491
If you are speaking of mine

If you are speaking of mine larry, My first name is Terry and my last name is Acocks so my email address is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
No I was referring to emc66,

No I was referring to emc66, what is it your looking for Neo491?

emc66
Larry Dillon said: What is

Larry Dillon said: What is the e-mail address man?

Here's a copy of my prior blog with symtoms and my e-mail address.

Thanks Larry.

Have a good one!

May 9, 2008 11:02 AM

Hello Larry,

You seem to be the man to talk to regarding the repair procedures for the Mitsubishi TV's. I have a WD-52825 manufactured 11/04. As noted in my previous post,I have the seemingly all too common blinking timer light issue. I first experienced the issue where the picture projects these black or maybe blue rolling horizontal lines. I have seen posts regarding this problem as well and it seems that the two problems are related to the DM board capacitors,although you mentioned other possible issues may exist that cause these problems. Is this correct?

As a side note, I also have had issues with connections. When the TV was working, I couldn't hook-up any components to work thru the HDMI port. Blue screen is the only result. I also couldn't use the built-in DVR. I just doesn't work period. Is there firmware updates for these TV's that would fix these problems?

In any case, I would highly appreciate if you could e-mail me the manual and repair instructions for this model. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks and have a great day!

Larry Dillon
I guess I could accomidate

I guess I could accomidate you and send along some secret repair documents along to you as long As you do not try and sell them on e-bay!!! Cause if you do, don't forget about me man!! LOL

khr25
Larry,

Larry,

I have the same issue as everyone else. Error code 22 on th WS-65869. Green light comes on for about 3 seconds and then shuts off. I hear the click on the relay. Please send repair instructions to [email protected] and thanks so much.

Keith

Larry Dillon
If you read a little more you

If you read a little more you will see you do not have this repair issue as everyone else Your green timer lite goes out you said after a few seconds. The problem here is that the timer light flashes and never stops. The 22 code is An indication that the TV set is detecting a short and is shutting down the set so it does not cause other problems. You probably have bad convergence ICs. Good Luck

sjkep58
Larry, i know you have been

Larry, i know you have been besieged by requests but i found this link on the net after my WS65613 started the blinking green light syndrome desicribed in this thread. And after calling a repair man who said it would cost me $1000 dollars to replace the dm board and probably a month to get the part. I thought i would attempt this repair you speak of. Could you plz send the instructions to [email protected]. I thank You for your time.........

wholetonemusic
mzorola said:

mzorola said:
Larry,
I have a Mitsubishi 62525 DLP set.  It has the green blinking
light of death!  After reading this site and gathering other
information I purchased the service manual and proceeded to open my
set.  As you know the individual boards are not easily
extricated.  I finally got to the DM board and replaced all of the
1000uF caps (3 of 4 bulged).  I also noticed 2 bad caps on the
term-2 board.  I replaced those 1000uF 10V 85 with two 1000uf 16v
105 caps I had left over.  I reassembled the electrical chassis
and gave it a go!  But no go.  I still have the blinking
light of death!  Any suggestions?  I did try removing the USB
cable for the card readers.  I do not have electrical test
equipment so I am limited in what I can test.  ANY help is
appreciated!  PS.  Is there any source for individual
boards?  I can buy the entire assembly from Sears but it costs
$850!!!!

Mzorola,

I am feeling your pain! same tv, same problem, I
found one buldging cap on the Power supply board and replaced it. I
checked all the fuses and they were good. This tv is not service
friendly. It may be worth the $850 to have it fixed and then sell it on
Craigslist and get a Plasma! haha.

wholetonemusic
thesonicboom said:

thesonicboom said:
mzorola,
Did you make sure the DM board is seated properly.  I had to seat
the board first, then put on the shield.  Make sure all grounding
straps are making good contact.  You did replace the caps
correct?  and the polarity is correct on them?  You check the
pico fuses on the solder side of the board?  Sometimes they blow.

He would know if the caps were in backwards, They would explode!!!!

wholetonemusic
Scratching my head and

Scratching my head and remembering the day I walked into the Good Guys ( who went out of business 2 years ago around here) and said show me your tv with the best picture, Hindsight is always 20/20, I should have said, show me your most reliable set.

wa4vif
Just found this thread. Have

Just found this thread. Have a WS65611 about 5 years old. Green lights blink for about 1 minute after trying to turn it on then it goes out and nothing happens. Had two service techs look at it. One said $500 to $1200; the other first said $300-400 but changed his mind after removing the power supply board and finding no problem. Now he's saying replace the DM board for about $800. I'm ready to try this myself. I've got the tools and skills, even if both are a little rusty. If there is some guidance available, it would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Dillon
Youu can take out the DM

Youu can take out the DM module and send it in to ptscorp.com and they will re-work it for a flat fee, you should try them first.

wa4vif
Larry, thanks for the

Larry, thanks for the suggestion. I looked at their site. Not real impressive. May call them tomorrow. In the meantime, I took the DM board out and looked at the caps. All look good. No evidence of swelling or leaking. When I put everything back together, I got a little different indication. When first plugged in, I get the one minute green blinking light. Then when it stops, I tried to turn it on and it tried to power up for about 5 seconds, then shuts down, a relay drops out and the green light blinks rapidly about 15 times, goes out and the whole thing repeats for as long as the TV is plugged in. That's more than it had been doing. Any ideas from all this? BTW the email is [email protected] (it's in my profile)

Larry Dillon
They do a lot of repairs and

They do a lot of repairs and reworks for me dude. Have you tried the diagnostics yet on the set as desribed in the service manual and the owners manual?

wa4vif
Larry, I don't have a service

Larry, I don't have a service manual. The owner's manual has a very short list of failure descriptions but I saw no diagnostics.

A note to all in the thread: We need to remember that Misterbitchy (as my mother-in-law calls it) got into hot water a few years ago for withholding condumer complaints about their cars from various government and private monitoring groups. Sounds like they do corporate-wide PR training. They've got some folks convinced they made quality merchandise. I'm not among that group anymore. Good picture on their TVs, yes, but good quality? No way. Get a look at the complaints about their DLP sets.

Larry Dillon
The info is on it's way to

The info is on it's way to you. Good luck

wa4vif
Thanks for trying, Larry. But

Thanks for trying, Larry. But I don't have a DLP set. At least, not yet. I'm still stuck with the 450 lb rear projection paperweight. I've got a WD65136 ordered (which I ordered BEFORE I became aware of all their problems). My WS65611 remains broken and gathering dust.

Larry Dillon
oops I must have gotten you

oops I must have gotten you mixed up with someone else. I will forward the right info ASAP. Good Luck!

Da-Rock
I have a WD 62825 Rear

I have a WD 62825 Rear projection 62" HDTV with the blinking timer light that started after changing bulb. After playing with the switch sensor to the lamp door and shutting the main outer cover to the front inputs, I could hear it finally shut off and was then able to power up.

It did it again when I pulled the front off to clean inside mirror. I did the same thing and eventually it worked.

Now it went off to blinking when I was at work and nothing will get it back so far. Is this the same issue with the DM/capacitors?

Larry Dillon
It could be DM Capacitrs or

It could be DM Capacitrs or capacitors in the main power supply, there are also caps going bad on the FMT board as we speak. If you wish to see which ones go bad, but there is no garrentee this will fix your set, leave an e-mail address and i will share this wth you. Good Luck

Da-Rock
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Thanks for the reply. My email address is: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
The repair docs will be sent

The repair docs will be sent out to you ASAP. Good Luck with the repair!

samyr
I have a Mitsubishi WS-65411

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65411 bought in 2002, died last week with the similar problem. Justed powered off by itself and if tried to switch it on, the green light comes on but in a couple of seconds, powers off automatically.

Larry, please email the instructions to [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

dreisewerd
I have a Mitsubishi WS 55613.

I have a Mitsubishi WS 55613. I did the capacitor repair about 18 months ago, with great success. Now my tv has quit again. I press the power button and nothing happens. If I press the reset or unplug it and plug it back in the green light flashes for about 60 seconds and then quits. Push the Power button and nothing happens. I have read some other posts indicating that checking fuses and replace IC. Is this what i need to do and if so do you have any help documentation. Is it a hard repair? If you could also suggest a web site to order the replacement parts it would be helpful. I am a novice at best, my father has the electrical background. Part numbers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance [email protected]

Ant0ny
I have the green light

I have the green light problem, the hdtv turns on then shortly after turns off. There is no picture that comes up. I have a VS-60803 tv could someone please send the guide for repair. My email is [email protected].
Thank you so much I am having to do this for my father and I know he will appreciate it.

Larry Dillon
Antony, I am afraid your TV

Antony, I am afraid your TV set does NOT have the DM board in it and has discrete capacitors in the power supply as well as the sweep power supply that do go bad a lot!No way a, or is this, a repair for the novice or handy person to attempt unless they have some printed circuit board experience or perhaps even a little printed circuit board soldering experience. Good Luck!

Ant0ny
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
Antony, I am afraid your TV set does NOT have the DM board in it and has discrete capacitors in the power supply as well as the sweep power supply that do go bad a lot!No way a, or is this, a repair for the novice or handy person to attempt unless they have some printed circuit board experience or perhaps even a little printed circuit board soldering experience. Good Luck!

Hello Larry thanks for your reply.  I just purchased the service manual for this tv and opened up the back of the tv.  First thing I noticed was that there was no dm board. I began my search for swollen capacitors and I haven't noticed any.  Although, on one of the smaller pop out boards there is a transister that  left burnt marks at the board contacts. 

I am a recent computer engineering graduate with some circuit board experience; but with no understanding of television components.  Any instructions would be grately appreciated.  thanks

paulskii
Larry,

Larry,

I see you are the knowledge base here...I recently was given this Mitsu WD-52825 DLP TV...It seems that I have a similar problem to others on this site...(I accepted this TV knowing it wasn't working)...When I first plugged the TV in, I heard some relays click, and the fan started, I believe...the Green Timer light blinked for about one minute...when I pressed the Power button on the TV nothing happened...I tried the Power button on the Remote...same thing...so I looked through the owners guide, which is all I have, and none of the Troubleshooting tips seemed to apply...I tried the reset with the TV plugged in...and the green light would not stop blinking until I unplugged it from the wall...then when plugged in it would blink for about a minute and back to the original problem of not turning on...I also tried to reset it with the TV off...but that only produced the blinking light for a minute then it stopped, and would not turn on...do you by chance know what these symptoms indicate? Do you have any supplementary literature that may be of some use for me? I noticed you suggested another poster try to run diagnostics on the TV...but the buttons on the remote you mentioned weren't on mine...is there a way to run a diag on the WD-52825? I really appreciate any help you can offer...my e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks,
Paul

Larry Dillon
3. Error Code Operational

3. Error Code Operational Check
Note: The TV must be in “Shut Down” and not manually switched Off, to perform the Error Code Operational
Check. When the TV is switched Off, the code automatically resets to “12” No Error.
Press the front panel “DEVICE” and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and hold for 5 seconds to
activate the Error Code Operational Check. The LED will then flash denoting a two digit Code.
Note: The front panel buttons must be used, NOT those on the Remote Control.
• The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.
• The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.
• The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.
Example: If the Error Code is “32”, the LED will flash three times, pause, and then flash two times.
• The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.
4. Error Codes
The Error Code designations are listed below:
Error Code Probable Cause
12 No error detected
22 Recovery from momentary Reset
32 Lamp Cover open
33 Air Filter Cover open
34 Lamp abnormality
35 Chassis Fan failure
36 Exhaust (Back Cover) or Lamp Ballast Fan failure
37 Engine (DMD or Lamp) Fan failure
38 Excess Lamp Temperature
39 Excess DMD Temperature
41 Short Detected
44 DVI Cable (between Chassis and Engine) disc

Larry Dillon
If you still need the repair

If you still need the repair information let me know.

Pages

Connect With Techlore