783 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
gowell,  what model number is

gowell,  what model number is the TV set? LOL

Sub
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I recently moved my Mitsubsishi TV (model WS-B55) from my back room to my front room...over some tile and bumpy grout lines.  I was careful and went slow.  What I discovered though is when I plugged it back in I now get the "Blinking green light".  Did I jar something loose?  The TV is five years old and the convergence chip was replaced about a year ago.

Thanks,

Sub! 

Hoffdad
Hoffdad said: Larry, My WD

Hoffdad said: Larry, My WD-65732 has come down with the green light of death as well. Luckily it was the day after my superbowl party! Could you please send me the info I need to fix this issue? My email address is [email protected].  Thanks so much!

Hi Larry, just checking back to see if you could help me out by sending the info on fixing my WD-65732.  Thanks again!

Larry Dillon
I am sorry my friend, I am

I am sorry my friend, I am not familiar with that model number. Perhaps if you go to servicemanuals.net, download the manual, send me a copy, maybe I can assist you.  Good Luck

Larry Dillon
Sub, That model is the same

Sub, That model is the same as a WS55511, andhas 7 bad capacitors inside of the DM. An easy repair, but to where would you like me to send it to? E-Mail? LOL

Sub
Yes please! Thanks, Sub 

Yes please!

Thanks,

Sub 

Sub
Oh [email protected]
Larry Dillon
SUB!!! What is the e-mail you

SUB!!! What is the e-mail you wish to recweive the documents?? Geez.

RuthAnna
Could I get a copy of the

Could I get a copy of the docs for a ws55513.

Thank you, 

[email protected] 

chaseguy
Hello Larry, 

Hello Larry, 

I am yet another victim of the green flashing light on my mitsubishi tv.  The model number is the ws-65511.  If you could send me the service manual i would appreciate it greatly.  My E-mail address is [email protected].  Thanks so much!

Hoffdad
Larry Dillon said: I am

Larry Dillon said: I am sorry my friend, I am not familiar with that model number. Perhaps if you go to servicemanuals.net, download the manual, send me a copy, maybe I can assist you.  Good Luck

Larry, what email address would you like me to send my WD-65732 service manual to so you can check it out?  Thanks.

txp
Hi Larry/Gary,

Hi Larry/Gary,

I had the same problem with my Mitshbishi HDTV WS55511 (year 2003).

Please send me the manual/instruction on how to check the problem, where to order the parts and fix it. 

My email is [email protected]

Many thanks.

Tom,

Larry Dillon
Tom and chaseguy, I will send

Tom and chaseguy, I will send those out to you very shortly. Good Luck with the repair

Larry Dillon
jeff, I will certainly send

jeff, I will certainly send out that information to you shortly. Good Luck

Eric Daugherty (not verified)
I also have a Mitusbishi 55"

I also have a Mitusbishi 55" (WS55511 - purchased in 2002) with the Blinking light problem.  Have been reading lots about this on several blogs.  I thought I might be able to fix it myself so I went ahaed and took the TV apart.  My probelm now is that I don't see the DM power board.  In looking for the board I did find what looks to be a blown cap on the DBF Board and am considering replacing it just fo **its and giggles.  Could someone point me in the right direction?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

JoeIndo
Larry,

Larry,

I have a VS-50111 Mitsubishi Projection tv and looks like it might have the sickness that so many others have encountered. I have located the DM but all the caps are surface mount. I just got this tv for free and I am a some what of a tinkerer and am going to try to fix. The person that had tv before attempted to try to fix but did more damage than good. All the leads for the flyback were ripped out and the tips were busted off. Dug one out of the tranformer and fabbed my own out of ends of a glass fuse. Do these anode leads need to contact at bottom of transformer? All three springs are still in there and the fuse ends contact spring and im not sure if they need to touch all the way down to bottom? The wires are still same length just might have to put a bead of solder on end to become more of a point. If you could maybe get me goin in the right direction with DM and the flyback leads I would appreciate it greatly. You guys are providing a great service keep it up. Done alot of soldering before just not surface mount dont want to "F" it up Thanks

Joe
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
the capacitors you need to

the capacitors you need to change in the DM board are not surface mounted my friend. They are regular capacitors and there should be 4 of them all in a group. Maybe they are missing?

myra161
You're the man Larry.  I had

You're the man Larry.  I had the Mitsubishi WS-B55 with the blinking light problem.  Replaced the 7 capacitors with the ones from Mouser.com  and the TV working fine now. 

Thank you for the great instructions and pictures.  Only thing we had to do differently from the instruction was disconnect the wireings that came out of the DM module from the TV.   The module pulled right out after that.  We tried taking out the wood shelving above the module  (but with our model we couldn't do it.)  Just becareful not to bend the connector pins on the tv if you have to disconnect them.  We had a problem with one the connector and it took a little while to put it back.

JoeIndo
Larry,Ok well I have a PCB

Larry,
Ok well I have a PCB-Doubler (2HDW). Thats what the service manual I downloaded calls it. that was taken out of PCB-Signal.The Doubler was located in the middle with a heat shield and everything on this board is surface mount. There is however two missig caps that I found after you had said something bout missing caps. Though there is no through mount at all maybe I am lookin at wrong board. It is loaded with IC's and one big one labled DPM4. Is this right board? But is onlu board plugged into tray besides terminal board. You defenitely seem like an expert any Help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to replace two caps that are surface mount and see what happens. They are located in upper right of board side A. The manuals I downloaded dont have any listing for the cap #'s on board they are C7H43 and C7H51. I can e-mail you the manuals if you would like to take a look. My email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Joe, I do not think there is

Joe, I do not think there is a DM in this model. You can send the manual to

[email protected]

JoeIndo
Looks like the previous owner

Looks like the previous owner of this tv already had someone work on it then they found out how much it was going to cost and told them not to do it. Is there any sure fire way of testing caps other than just taking them off?

Larry Dillon
Use whats called an ESR meter

Use whats called an ESR meter and this test the capacitors on the board and in-circuit.

chaseguy
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have not recieved the manual yet.  Just want to make sure you had the right email.  It is [email protected].  Thank you very much.

txp
Hi Larry, I have not received

Hi Larry, I have not received the instruction yet.   Please send to [email protected].  

Thank you so much.

Tom

Larry Dillon
Tom and JM, I do always send

Tom and JM, I do always send out the request as asked. I do not ever play favorites. Please check your junk mail or bulk mail or better yet TELL ME WHAT you need again and I will send it to you. Maybe your mail cannot accept larger files as these happen to be large files. Believe ou me I do send them but there are a few that do not get them due to the firewalls or whatever. I DO RESPOND to everone here! If there was a mistake on the e-mail addresses, I will tell you most of the time. Please tell me again exactly what you need, for what model number of TV set.

chaseguy
Hi larry,

Hi larry,

The model number is ws-65511.  Email address is [email protected].  I am going to attemp to repair the blinking light problem so I think I just need the service manual.

Thanks so much.

txp
Hi Larry, I checked my mail

Hi Larry, I checked my mail box and I still have not received the instruction yet. Please send to a different account: [email protected] Thank you so much. Tom

Larry Dillon
chaseguy, I have mailed out

chaseguy, I have mailed out the manual and repair docs. for you. Good Luck

txp
Hi Larry, the model is:   WS

Hi Larry, the model is:   WS-55511

Thanks

Tom

chaseguy
Larry,

Larry,

got it. Thank you so much!