Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
maxwell679
Sorry I forgot, my email is

Sorry I forgot, my email is [email protected]..  HELP!!!

Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Martin

Larry Dillon
Martin, I sent out the

Martin, I sent out the documents to you. This unit will need seven capacitors. Good Luck and Merry Christmas.

Cheryl Annie
Larry, looks like you are a

Larry, looks like you are a God Send to those who have "the green light blinking of death" - Again, Merry Christmas!!!

Cheryl

Larry Dillon
Thank you so much Cheryl, To

Thank you so much Cheryl, To you also. Merry Christmas! Did you fix it yet?

Cheryl Annie
Nope!  Still trying to get up

Nope!  Still trying to get up the nerve to tackle it.  Probably after the holidayWink

Cheryl

Larry Dillon
You do not meed nerve! You

You do not meed nerve! You need the passion to watch big sceen TV! Merry Christmas!

nseidl
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I too am having the same problem with my wd52525.  Would you be so kind as to send me your instructions as well?  nseidl<at>wi.rr.com

Thanks!

nseidl <at> wi.rr.com

nseidl
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am having the same problem with my wd52525.  Would you be so kind as to send me your instructions as well?  Thanks!

nseidl <at> wi.rr.com

Larry Dillon
already sent out to you from

already sent out to you from another thread. No need to double post please.

scott e
I have a ws-55615 i too have

I have a ws-55615 i too have the green light. I took it to the the shop and they said it was the DM board.  It will be $700.00 to fix, but I don't  think replacing the the caps will fix it. It seems the reason it went out  is a mouse pissed on it.(hahaha). Yes, this is true. Any help would be nice thank you for your time. Scott   

bdutton
Well... the capacitors (A

Well... the capacitors (A whopping $1.00 + $5 shipping) arrived yesterday.  I picked up a de-soldering tool today at RadioShack for $10.99 and started working as soona s I got home.  The desoldering tool did a great job.  My soldering skills were... questionable.  I was worried that my solders would not hold up.  I pulled them out and resoldered and put everything back together.  I was very nervous plugging in the power but as soon as I did I checked the front green light and it flashed for one minute and went out as others have noted.  I hit the power button and the set started working immediately.

Thanks Larry.  You've been a huge help.

barakoboi
alex d said: Bob Sharps

alex d said:

Bob Sharps said: I am having a similar problem with my WS-55711 and would like to get the instructions for checking the capacitors on the DM board.  my email is [email protected].  Many thanks. Bob

Larry, Greetings.  I've got the same issue with my WS-55711.  Please email repair instructions to [email protected].  Much appreciated.  I was just about ready to throw this TV out on the street...  Alex

Hi Larry,

Got similar issues (blinking light of death) with my WS-55711.  Can you please email me the repair instructions to [email protected]  This is the third time this TV broke down in the last 2 years but I don't want to bear the cost of shelling out the $$$ anymore to call a service tech again to repair the set.  This is my kids TV in the basement so I'm willing to tackle the repair myself.  I know what and where the IC convergence chip is but not sure about the PICO fuse or resistors??   Appreciate if you can send me the pictures and part number(s) also.

Thanks and have a Happy New Year!!!

Larry Dillon
Scott, a mouse cannot get

Scott, a mouse cannot get inside of the DM board I do not think. It is too small of a smace?

Larry Dillon
Barakobi, What are you asking

Barakobi, What are you asking for? The DM repair or help with the convergence. One has nothing to do with the other.

barakoboi
Larry Dillon said: Barakobi,

Larry Dillon said: Barakobi, What are you asking for? The DM repair or help with the convergence. One has nothing to do with the other.

Larry,

Sorry I was in a hurry....I'm at work.  Well I did inspect the DM board yesterday and didn't find any bulging caps so I'm assuming now its the convergence chip.  But just in case can you send both the DM and convergence repair instructions? (may need it also possibly in the future, might as well cover both bases).   My email address [email protected]

Appreciate the help, Thanks. 

Glenn

barakoboi
barakoboi said: Larry

barakoboi said:

Larry Dillon said: Barakobi, What are you asking for? The DM repair or help with the convergence. One has nothing to do with the other.

Larry, Sorry I was in a hurry....I'm at work.  Well I did inspect the DM board yesterday and didn't find any bulging caps so I'm assuming now its the convergence chip.  But just in case can you send both the DM and convergence repair instructions? (may need it also possibly in the future, might as well cover both bases).   My email address [email protected] Appreciate the help, Thanks.  Glenn

Guys....any help or assistance is appreciated. Have a wonderful New Year!!

RamMan
Larry,

Larry,

I requested the fix doc with pictures you mentioned but didnt provde the model number.  I have the WS-65869.

my email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Chris

Larry Dillon
Glenn, the continuous

Glenn, the continuous blinking light would not be caused by the convergence IC being bad. Thats an indication that the DM is not booting up with the rest of the set. The capacitors do not have to be budging for them to be bad. If the light continues to blink non stop green, replace the capacitors in the DM board before you do anything else.

barakoboi
Larry Dillon said: Glenn, the

Larry Dillon said: Glenn, the continuous blinking light would not be caused by the convergence IC being bad. Thats an indication that the DM is not booting up with the rest of the set. The capacitors do not have to be budging for them to be bad. If the light continues to blink non stop green, replace the capacitors in the DM board before you do anything else.

Larry, the blinking light last for about a minute and when I press the power on the remote it just clicks off (no picture at all).  So in the DM module (just to verify) is that the 7 caps that sticks out need to be replace? can you provide me the part number?  sorry i'm pressed for time coz' in two weeks I'll be shipping out to Iraq....I wanted to take care of this so my kids will have a working TV set to use (to watch and play their XBOX/PS3 video games) while i'm gone.  BTW this is a great site.  Thank you very much for your help.

Blux
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I would greatly appreciate if you could send the instructions for replacing the capacitors to fix the blinking green light on a Mitsubishi - HDTV 1080  ( WS-55613 ).  You seem to have helped a lot of people with a similar problem.  You would think Mitsubishi would be more helpful in fixing this issue.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.  Here is my e-mail....  [email protected]

- Bryan

Larry Dillon
Glen, if the green light goes

Glen, if the green light goes out after the set is plugged into the wall, then the DM is not bad. Check the small fuses F9A02 through F9A05 in the power supply and tell me if any are open.

barakoboi
Larry Dillon said: Glen, if

Larry Dillon said: Glen, if the green light goes out after the set is plugged into the wall, then the DM is not bad. Check the small fuses F9A02 through F9A05 in the power supply and tell me if any are open.

Larry, thanks again for the info....not sure how to check if the fuses are blown so is this where the digital multi-meter is needed? I may have to get a friend of mine who has one to check it out for me.  So I'm assuming the fuses are located in the same board where the convergence chip is? pls. correct me if I'm wrong.  Appreciate ya'.

Larry Dillon
They are in the power supply,

They are in the power supply, look at the service manual I sent you. You should see them and their markings or designation numbers.

barakoboi
Larry Dillon said: They are

Larry Dillon said: They are in the power supply, look at the service manual I sent you. You should see them and their markings or designation numbers.

Okay I'll check the manual so to be sure which parts to take off...hey Larry thanks - you are providing us a great service and I'm sure most of the people who asked for it appreciate ya'. 

Cheryl Annie
Larry, well I decided to have

Larry, well I decided to have a repairman fix my WS-55511 tv after all.  I guess hindsight being 20/20 it may be a good thing that I did because he not only repaired the DM board but also: repaired the "yolk plugs", performed a complete convergence alignment, cleaned CRTS, lenses and mirror and a setup and adjustment - which being ignorant in this area (as I mentioned to you before) I never would have been able to do.  I did not take it to the original tv repair shop who gave me an estimate of $900+ but took it to another shop recommended to me by a neighbor and the bill was $454.  That included pick up and delivery, parts, labor and tax and was in the ballpark which I was more or less expecting.  But I did want to thank you so much the encouragement and support which you gave me in the beginning and only wish you were closer to my area so that I could at least meet you.  You are appreciated by many.  Have a great NEW YEAR!!!  Cheryl 

Larry Dillon
Well, if the DM was replaced,

Well, if the DM was replaced, it would have cost you a lot more. But you did however get the set repaired for a decent price and that is the bottom line. You too have a Happy New Year.

sheljr
I have a mitsubishi ws-55859

I have a mitsubishi ws-55859 with  a flashing green light.  I am unable to turn the tv on.  The problem occured when I unplugged the set to move to another location.  Now all I have is the flashing green light.  Any help would be appreciated.  My e-mail is [email protected]

Ricky Younger
Larry, my mitsubishi has

Larry, my mitsubishi has joined the ranks of the flashing green light. Could you please send me the docs. Thank you very much.

Ricky Younger
Oops,. sorry Larry, i forgot

Oops,. sorry Larry, i forgot to give you my email for the flashing green light docs.  its [email protected].  thanks again.

Larry Dillon
sheljr, I will be sending out

sheljr, I will be sending out those instructions in a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

Pages

Connect With Techlore