Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
Skarfy
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks for all your help. I've got the blinking green light error on my Mitsubishi WD-65732. Can you send me your diagrams, instructions, etc. for the repair?

Many thanks,

[email protected]

fwb_fl_ed
Larry,

Larry,

May I be another datum?  My WS55513 caught the blinking light flu two days ago.  You sure are a life-saver.  Thanks.

[email protected]

Ohyouateonetwo
Hi Larry-

Hi Larry-

I have a WS-55511 and it just shut off. I read your forum discussions and it appears that this is quite common unfortunately. It powers on for a second and then shuts off, no blinking timer light until after and tried the reset button.

Would you kindly email me the schematic/wiring diagram so I can see if I want to attempt this. By chance do you know how much it would cost to get someone out here to repair it??

Thanks a bunch,
Still Eatin'

[email protected]

Subs
Hi Larry:

Hi Larry:

I have a Mitsubishi WS 55805 (bought in 2000) that one fine day just decided to go dead. The day before it went dead, the screen just went on and off couple of times and then the next day it was all gone! Now, When i turn the power on, I get the green light, but no picture and no sound. I got a technician to come and look at it (paid $40 diagnostic charge) and he said that the capacitors have gone bad and they need to be replaced. Said its going to cost me $400. I do not want to pay $400 for this very old TV. I have been reading some of the threads here and it suggests replacing the capacitors on DM board. But i am not able to find a DM board on my WS55805? I downloaded the service manual from servicemanuals.net but that doesn't tell where to look for these particular capacitors that is cause for my TV's problem (no video, no audio).

Please help!!! If you can provide me with the instructions that will be great.

Thanks,

Subs

Stonecoldet3
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WS-48513 that doesn't seem to power on.  The green light flashes for 60 seconds then shuts off as it should according to the manual.  I have tried unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in and using the system reset button,the TV still doesn't work. 

It seems to be a common problem amongst these televisions.  Can you send me the repair instructions to [email protected].  Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Tania
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Seems like you are the go to guy!  I have the same issue as most everyone else, the blinking green light on my mits tv.  I am hoping you could send me the repair instructions to see if I can save the TV.   Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian

Model: Mitsubisihi WS-65869

Email:[email protected]

svet-am
I'm a n00b around these parts

I'm a n00b around these parts because I just inherited a WS-55511.  My wife and I are buying a house and the seller is including this TV as part of the price of the house.  I went over to the house the other day to take a look at the TV to test it out and I noticed the blinking light and didn't know what it meant until I found this site.

I downloaded a PDF of the TV's owners manual and it didn't discuss this issue at all.

Would it be possible to get someone to email me the repair guide and instructions for fixing the DM module on this TV?  Any other info I need to know about being a new owner for one of these TV's would be greatly appreciated as well.  I'm an electrical engineer by trade so I have no problem poking around inside the TV and replacing some fuses and capacitors if that's all that needs to be done.

My email is [email protected] (of course, please remove the _nospam part).

Thanks a bunch guys!

Wende
We have the WS-B55 with the

We have the WS-B55 with the no power, green flashing light syndrome. :( Larry, can you please send me the repair manual? [email protected] Also, what tends to be the fix? Thanks in advance!

Ixtlan
Hey Larry

Hey Larry
Can I get that Mitsu ws55511 repair manual for the blinking green light too.
[email protected]

You the best!!!

Larry Dillon
Sure man, I will have that

Sure man, I will have that out to you ASAP. Good Luck

Brendar
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I also have the blinking green light. My TV model number is WS-55513. Could you please send repair instructions to bmk 'at' lem.com

Thanks so much!

Larry Dillon
I will have them out to you

I will have them out to you shortly. Good Luck!

Mrzrco
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

WS-55859 Fires up, 2 second LED and shuts down. Gives error code 22. This TV's been nothing but problems. gRR! Just wondering if you could send the repair info. I dont know if it's the DM caps, I looked at em and they appear to okay. But who knows.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Zack

Larry Dillon
No I'm afraid you need to

No I'm afraid you need to change the convergence IC. First go into the power supply and check F9A04 and F9A05. If anyone of these are bad, do not replace them. Replace the convergence IC and then replace the blown fuse(s). Replacing the fuses without replaceing the IC first could result in more damage to your power supply. Good luck

Robpoppa
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

Could you please send me the manuals for my Mits WD52525. I'm replacing some of the capacitors in the power supply and would feel better if I had something to reference. Please send to [email protected]
By the way, would you suggest replacing all of the caps while i'm in there?....or just the ones that are bulging?

Thanks, Rob

talltex
Hey Larry

Hey Larry
Can I get that Mitsu ws55511 repair manual for the blinking green light too

[email protected]

emc66
Hello all,

Hello all,

I too have the same problem with my WD-52825. The TV is a little over three years old,and it isn't used often at all. About four months ago the rolling horizontal lines issue started. When I turned it on last night,the timer light started blinking green with no picture.

These problems seems to be rampant with these TV's. Is there any open discussions out there regarding a class action against Mitsubishi. I can't beleive that all of these people,including myself,payed several thousand dollars for TV's that need costly repairs after only a few years of use.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Larry Dillon
Yes there are a lot of common

Yes there are a lot of common problems with these TV sets. I need an e-mail address to help you out though.

Larry Dillon
talltex, posting on the wrong

talltex, posting on the wrong thread? I will send you the repair documents anyway. Good Luck

Mrzrco
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,
Just an update for ya boss. I forgot to mention in my last post that I had replaced the convergence IC with a Sanyo STK313-110 convergence IC about three months ago due to upper left corner folding green lines. And I know how many people stress about replacing the IC before replacing the fuses. But I checked the F9A04 and F9A05 fuses and found them open so I replaced them and my TV fired up, and I was super happy. Back to 1080i gaming. Thanks for the tips bro! These TV's are kind of simple with some help!

Later,
Zack

bstreet
Help please! WS-55613 Little

Help please! WS-55613 Little green Blinky Blinky. Tried unplugging reseting yada yada, still blinky blinky. Love to solder, can i please get instructions on what to replace? Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
bstreet, I will send these

bstreet, I will send these repair docs out to you a little later this morning. Good Luck

emc66
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

You seem to be the man to talk to regarding the repair procedures for the Mitsubishi TV's. I have a WD-52825 manufactured 11/04. As noted in my previous post,I have the seemingly all too common blinking timer light issue. I first experienced the issue where the picture projects these black or maybe blue rolling horizontal lines. I have seen posts regarding this problem as well and it seems that the two problems are related to the DM board capacitors,although you mentioned other possible issues may exist that cause these problems. Is this correct?

As a side note, I also have had issues with connections. When the TV was working, I couldn't hook-up any components to work thru the HDMI port. Blue screen is the only result. I also couldn't use the built-in DVR. I just doesn't work period. Is there firmware updates for these TV's that would fix these problems?

In any case, I would highly appreciate if you could e-mail me the manual and repair instructions for this model. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks and have a great day!

jc2389
Hey Larry I'm having problems

Hey Larry I'm having problems with my WS-55513 model, you could email me repair instructions at [email protected] ? Thanks

Philrocky
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
Have a friend that recently was given a Mitsubishi vs 50111. We get the green blinking light for a few seconds, then goes off. I've fixed another Mitsubishi (different model) by replacing the 4 caps on the DM board. My question to you, where is the DM board on this particular model? I hope it's not the small one in the cage, cause like someone said before, all I see are surface mount stuff. Thanks, my email is [email protected].

Phil

Neo491
Hey Larry, I have a

Hey Larry, I have a Mitsubishi 65WS813, I have had the blinking green light for over two years now. I have to shut the TV off and unplug it and plug it back in to get it to come on. Well I am ready to fix it now, but I have since ran into the TV having the wave rolling through the set so I am sure there is more wrong with it then the capacitors by now. Also when I watch it sometimes I hear a pop and the screen goes black and I lose sound but I can tell its still on because I can see the back lighting. If I shut it off and turn it back on again the picture comes back on. Anyway if you could send me the info I need to fix it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Terry

Larry Dillon
Phil, that is not your

Phil, that is not your problem. If the light stops flashing after several seconds, the board is working fine. You may have a bad convergence IC, a very common problem with this TV set. Good Luck!

Philrocky
Ok, thanks Larry. Where is

Ok, thanks Larry. Where is the convergence IC, and can it be replaced/fixed by me? If so, can you send instructions to me at [email protected].

Thanks again,
Phil

Larry Dillon
There are no specific

There are no specific instructions per say to do this. Contact me, as I will have to look at the schematic and describe the replacement for the parts and what to do. Press the funtion button and the input button on the remote control. The set should start the diagnostics mode. The set will flash a code, then another on right after that. Count the code and let me know what it is. Also in the main power supply, there are on board fuses marked on the board as F9A04 and F9A05 If you find these bad, do not replace them without first replacing the convergence IC's. Good Luck

emc66
Larry Dillon said: On it's

Larry Dillon said: On it's way to you. Good Luck

Hi Larry,

I received an e-mail with no attachements. Could you resend it with attachments for the repair info for the WD-52825 issues referenced in my prior posts.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pages

Connect With Techlore