Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
TARAH
Hello Larry, i am also having

Hello Larry, i am also having the SAME problem with my 65" HD Tv. The light has been blinking since Saturday night. I dont kno what to do. I dont kno what model it is but I will look at it again tonight. When I purchased the televison, it did not come with a manuel or remote so I am TOTALLY lost at this point. You can email me the info at [email protected] and I will let you kno exactly what kind of HDTV it is. Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Larry Dillon
There is different info for

There is different info for different models. You will need to look on the tag in the back of the TV set.

phoenixtrainer
Larry Dillon said: Sure I

Larry Dillon said: Sure I could send them to you if I knew your e-mail address. This repair has helped a lot of peeps fix their sets, but there are some that it does not. Always worth a try I guess.

Larry,

I also have the WS55511 set that is having problems could you send me the same PDF's. The problem started with a blue ghost of images and now it will not let me change the device and nor can I use the remote or the buttons on the TV correctly it will bring up the device from the buttons but will not select the new highlighted device input.

Thank you very much.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
You have convergence problems

You have convergence problems , not the DM problem it sounds like.If you had the DM problem the set would not come on.

phoenixtrainer
Larry Dillon said: You have

Larry Dillon said: You have convergence problems , not the DM problem it sounds like.If you had the DM problem the set would not come on.

Thanks, Larry could you tell me how do I correct this issue then? Also, I have unplugged the set and now the remote is working again. Do you have a manual that you can send me at the followinng email address?

[email protected]

Thanks again for your help.

Cheryl Annie
I too have a Mitsubishi WS

I too have a Mitsubishi WS-55511 that has the green blinking light.  It will not power on at all.  A repairman came out yesterday and said it would be $909.89 for a new DM board. (I paid him $156.90 for trip charge and diagnostic fee which he said he would deduct from the $909.89 if I ok'd the repair)  I saw that you have a repair protocal that you can send to me so I can either fix it myself or have someone else do it.  Can you help me with this?  Thanks in advance...I will be very, very grateful. Cheryl  [email protected]

Cheryl Annie
Ooops, new at this - please

Ooops, new at this - please ignore.  Just need Larry's help as per above request.

Larry Dillon
Cheryl Annie, I will add you

Cheryl Annie, I will add you to the list of recipients tonight for the repair documents as well as the service manual. Good luck with the repair.

Cheryl Annie
Larry Dillon said: Cheryl

Larry Dillon said: Cheryl Annie, I will add you to the list of recipients tonight for the repair documents as well as the service manual. Good luck with the repair.

Larry, thanks, I received your e-mail but when I looked through the manual I did not see my tv model WS-55511.  And by any chance do you know anyone in the Houston area who might be able to fix my tv as I'm a little intimidated by the instructions.  I guess that's why we pay big bucks to the repair people :-)

phoenixtrainer
Larry Dillon said: Cheryl

Larry Dillon said: Cheryl Annie, I will add you to the list of recipients tonight for the repair documents as well as the service manual. Good luck with the repair.

Larry,

Could we be added to the list of recipients to get the repair documents and manual as well.

Thank You

[email protected]

Heidorn39
Still waiting for the "PARTS"

Still waiting for the "PARTS" to come in for my warranty repair.  So much for being repaired before Christmas...

breakaway
Hello Larry

Hello Larry

I received the 7 caps from PTS and  installed them according to your instructions but still getting green blinking light from timer/   Whats next ?????????????????  

Larry Dillon
Well, There are a few

Well, There are a few different things that can cause this to happen. You could have a bad eeprom board, there could be small  fuses in the power supply that could have went bad when the capacitors went bad, or there is a major breakdown of the DM module. You will need to start troubleshooting and testing for voltages.

Larry Dillon
Cheryl and Phoenixtrainer,

Cheryl and Phoenixtrainer, sorry techlore.com has been down for awhile this morning doing a new upgrade. I will have the correct service manual as well as the repair documents sent out later this morning. Good luck with this repair.

breakaway
Testing for voltages Can you

Testing for voltages Can you help me out on this subject EW [email protected]

Larry Dillon
You need a multimeter and

You need a multimeter and need to know how to use it on the DC range. Can you do that?

werner1213
I am also experiencing the

I am also experiencing the power on/power off issue with my television.  It is the Mitsubishi WS-55511.  Could someone please send me the instructions for self-repair of the issue.  My email address is [email protected]

Thank You,

Paul...

breakaway
Larry WE soddered the 7caps

Larry WE soddered the 7caps on our DM board and after futher review I noticed some were backwards  are they still good  or do I have  to start over again  EW

Larry Dillon
If you installed them wrong,

If you installed them wrong, replace them but if you still do not get any results, you probably blew out the fuses supplying the voltage to the DM or the power supply. Give it a shot. Do not reuse the same capacitors. Sorry man, that's why there is a plus and a minus sign on the board as well as on the capacitors.

Larry Dillon
Paul, I will mail you out the

Paul, I will mail you out the documents and the information to repair your TV set later this evening. Good luckj with the repair.

Larry Dillon
Paul, I will send the

Paul, I will send the documents out to you later this evning. Good luck

badjuju
I know its christmas time but

I know its christmas time but i dont want the green lights flashing on my tv. Larry can you please help me i have a ws-55613 can you send me the caps fix to [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I cannot send you the

I cannot send you the capacitors, but you can get them from Radio Shack or from the link in the e-mail I am sending you. You will need to know how to work on printed circuit boards. I will of course send you the documents you need to assist you to repair your TV set. Good Luck to you, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

breakaway
Larry Dillon said: If you

Larry Dillon said: If you installed them wrong, replace them but if you still do not get any results, you probably blew out the fuses supplying the voltage to the DM or the power supply. Give it a shot. Do not reuse the same capacitors. Sorry man, that's why there is a plus and a minus sign on the board as well as on the capacitors.

Can you display access to these fuses you speak of so I can check them too

Larry Dillon
The fuses are in the main

The fuses are in the main power supply. They will be marked on the printed circuit board as F9A02and F9A04.

Cheryl Annie
Larry, I've just checked on

Larry, I've just checked on ordering the Panasonic 10,000 hour high temp capacitors (part number: P13119-ND) from Digi-Key am wondering how many to order?  It looks like they are 200/pkg for only .56 cents??? Or am I misreading the digi-key website? Thanks, Cheryl

Larry Dillon
That is .56 a piece. You do

That is .56 a piece. You do not need that many of them. LOL

Cheryl Annie
That's what I thought but

That's what I thought but then you look down at the description and it says "standard package" 200 so it's very misleading to those of us who are ignorant in this area. Thanks again, but the more I read about this the more uncertain that I might try the challenge. :-(

P.S. Still don't know how many to order and in the pictures, it looks like there may even be two different kinds of capacitors to order?  If so, what other than the P13119-ND should I order?

Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Cheryl

Larry Dillon
Cheryl, There are seven 1000

Cheryl, There are seven 1000 mfd capacitors inside the DM board. Look on page 24 of the service manual you receved. You will see a picture of the DM opened up and an arrow pointing to the power supply board. Good Luck and Merry Christmas to you as well.

maxwell679
Could someone please be so

Could someone please be so kind as to send me the files needed to fix the Mitsubishi TVs blinking green light problem?  I have a 55859 that quit last night after I unplugged it to move it for cleaning. Now I have NO TV for Christmas guests!!!  If someone could PLEASE send me the files today, maybe I can find the caps locally here in Phoenix!

Thanks,

Martin

Pages

Connect With Techlore