Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Tom, I will try that address,

Tom, I will try that address, good luck!

mikewagner26
hello out there any one know

hello out there any one know wherre P2 CONNECTS TO ON WD-52525 MYKEALWAGNER.COM YAHOO

Larry Dillon
I looked man. I cannot see

I looked man. I cannot see any plu in this set that is marked P2. Where does the other end of this P2 go to? Haw many wires are on the plug?

nseidl
I just replaced 14 caps (PWR,

I just replaced 14 caps (PWR, FMT and DM PWBs) in my WD-52525 using the following parts from Mouser:

12x 647-UHE1A332MHD (Nichicon 10V 3300uF)
2x 140-HTRL16V1000-RC (Xicon 16V 1000uF)

I reassembled the TV and it is working fine again.

Larry Dillon
Great news man. Glad to hear

Great news man. Glad to hear you repaired the TV set.

Hoffdad
Larry, just checking in to

Larry, just checking in to see if you can help me on my WD-65732.  I sent the service manual back on the 24th.  Just wanted to make sure you got it...

Thanks

Larry Dillon
Sorry Hoffdad, I do not have

Sorry Hoffdad, I do not have that model number?

Hoffdad
Larry Dillon said: Sorry

Larry Dillon said: Sorry Hoffdad, I do not have that model number?

Sorry Larry, but I'm confused.  You can't find the service manual for my television or you don't have the fix to it?  Thanks.

Larry Dillon
I must have not received it.

I must have not received it. Can you send it, and give me a breakdown on your problem again?

Hoffdad
Larry Dillon said: I must

Larry Dillon said: I must have not received it. Can you send it, and give me a breakdown on your problem again?

Sent.  Thanks for your help.

chaseguy
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I replaced the capacitors, now when I plug it back in the green light is blinking and does not turn of at all.  any suggestions?

thanks.

Larry Dillon
Chaseguy, you replaced the

Chaseguy, you replaced the seven capacitors and you made sure all seven were in the board correctly? There is a plus and minus on each capacitor and they have to go into the board like the old one was. Did you make sure the plugs were all still plugged into the board on both ends of the wires that are attached tio the DM board? You did allow the unit to flash for at least a minute or two then try the power switch?

chaseguy
yeah, the capacitors had on

yeah, the capacitors had on them as far as labeling goes was a minus sign vertically down the side of them.  I assumed that to be negative.  I had some issues with getting the solder and getting it to surround the wire like the manufacturer had it.  I think my solder might have been too thick.  You think if they were not competely soldered around the whole wire on the capacitor might be an issue?

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
very well could be. Find

very well could be. Find someone who really knows how to solder well and redo the job.

txp
Hi Larry, I had the same

Hi Larry, I had the same problem like chaseguy.  My model is ws-55511.   I replaced all 7 capacitors (once at a time, with the correct polarity) and it still blinking with error code:  2 2. 

Any suggestion that I might try.

Thanks

Larry Dillon
txp, check  all of the plugs

txp, check  all of the plugs and connectors on both ends of the wires off the DM. Make sure they are all seated correctly. Check for bad fuses on the DM. The DM says there are fuses right where you replaced the caps. Good Luck.

chaseguy
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I got the capacitors back on, not the light shuts off again.  Still has the problem of powering up and then 3 seconds later the green light goes out and the tries to come back on but goes out and starts blinking and repeats that same procedure over and over.  The picture never clicks on.  I am thinking it might be the fuses, but I cant locate those.  Can you tell me where those are?

thanks

Larry Dillon
The fuses are located in the

The fuses are located in the main power supply. They are mounted right onto the printed circuit board.

Ravenhill
Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

I too have recently joined the club of having a Mitsubishi HDTV that has a flashing green light.  The only difference, is the as of today, i can unplug the entire unit, wait a couple of minutes, plug it back in and then the TV will power on and work.  The unit is a WD-52525 the was purchased Nov. 2004.

Does this point to the caps, or it more of a power supply issue.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My email is:  [email protected]

Thanks in advance. 

txp
Larry, I replaced with 7 news

Larry, I replaced with 7 news capacitors and the light still blinking.  

What is the next step to check?  Help !!! 

Thanks 

jimbo511
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

You seem to be on your game,

But I have one that might just push the envelope..... I have a mitsubishi Model # VS-60609 that turns on, Green light flashes a couple times,  You hear a sound for a split second then a click and it goes off. Push  power button again,  you get the same thing.... Over and Over..... Is this what you mean by flashing green light  Or could you help me diagnose my problem..

THANKS MAN 

Jim

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Sorry man, I do not have that

Sorry man, I do not have that service manual. Set sounds familiar, but I do not remember.

chaseguy
Larry, 

Larry, 

I am coming up with an error code 2-1 which says "x-ray protect".  Any chance this could be my problem, and ifso what does it mean?

Thanks

mark111
Larry,

Larry,

I have a Mit WS55511 that had blue convergence issues. I replaced the convergence chip. Purchased from Electronics Repair Kits in BC Canada???? They touted 100% OEM Sanyo parts.

After replacing, I have no picture and constant blinking green light on front panel. I have since:

1. Checked cables and connections.

2. Checked fuses for continuity 

A. Can you send me the information on the capicators, service manual, pics, etc????

B. Any ideas on where to go from here?

If  you would, please email them to [email protected]

txp
Larry,

Larry,

I checked the DM module and rechecked the solder where I replaced the 7 capacitors, they all look good, but still got the error code 2 2.    Other threads on this forum, indicates to replace the IC convergence and pico fuses.    Any idea. 

Thanks

txp

Larry Dillon
chaseguy, you have an issue

chaseguy, you have an issue in the high voltage or horizontal circuit. Will require more troubleshooting.

Larry Dillon
txp, the blinking light and

txp, the blinking light and only a steady blinking light is usually caused by the caps in the DM board. If the light is blinking with a code and not steady all the time, you have other fault issues. Unless you can trace the circuit flow with the schematic and find what you are missing by way of voltages and or signals, I'm afraid you may need to call in a pro to assist you in this repair.

Larry Dillon
Mark, are you positive you

Mark, are you positive you got the right IC's? Are there any shorted solder blobs touching each other on the IC connections on the printed circuit board?

jimbo511
larry I hear a sound for a

larry I hear a sound for a split second then a click and it goes off. Push  power button again,  I get the same thing.... Over and Over.....

have you even heard this before?

thanks

Larry Dillon
What is the model number of

What is the model number of the set man? I cannot tell whats wrong by what you saying without more info.

Pages

Connect With Techlore