Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aardwark
Hi Larry-

Hi Larry-

I would appreciate it too if you could please send the repair instructions for the WD 62825. We have the blinking light problem too! I would love to try the repair before buying a new board!

Thanks

[email protected]

ThomasW
Hellllo Larry:

Hellllo Larry:

I've been reading on and on in the forums and it looks like you have an excellent success rate.  I have the WS-55513 model with the same blinking green light issue.  No luck with the reset button or unplugging/waiting a day/plugging back in trick.  The TV teased me the other day by working for 2 days, but now back to blinking.  No wonder Sears stopped carrying the Mitsubishi brand.  Sheeze!  Think I can get this fixed before Thanksgiving games?  I look forward to receiving instructions on the fix.  Also, will take any advice on the types of caps and where to purchase them.  Do you sell them?  I have Pay Pal.

My email:  [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Larry Dillon
Denel, where shall I send

Denel, where shall I send them? Thomas and mwl, I will be sending the info out this afternoon. Good Luck

Denel
Lary, please forgive me.  My

Lary, please forgive me.  My email address is [email protected].

Thanks in advance. 

JamesRDM
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I am having the  "Blinking Green Light"  issue with my Mitsubishi WS-65613 set. I would greatly appreciate any documets and manuals needed in resolving this problem. My email adress is            

[email protected]      Thanks in advance

gomes0456
  hi larry

hi larry

having the same ws-65513 green light problem can you please send me those repair instructions

thanks

my email is   [email protected]

Aardwark
Hi Larry-

Hi Larry-

Please see my post on November 13th...I think that perhaps I was missed in sending out the blinking green light info. My uncle gave us this TV and I am trying to get it fixed before his Thanksgiving visit! He is a big football fan. Please include me in your next bulk email of the magic instructions!

Thanks
Dawn

email: [email protected]

ThomasW
Hi Larry:

Hi Larry:

Has the bulk email gone out yet for model WS-55513 ?  Just making sure my hotmail account didn't reject you (Yes, I did check the junk mail folder).  If you did send already send out the instructions, then I'll respond back with a different email address. 

Thanks in advance!  I can't wait to try the repair.

Thomas

Larry Dillon
I will send these files out

I will send these files out to you all this evening sometime. Good Luck with the repair

Kevin Carbis
I have a ws-65909 diamond

I have a ws-65909 diamond series and I have the dreaded blinking light and shut off syndrome.  I have gone through most of the posts here reguarding the capacitor fix.  I tore open the tv and removed the DM board.  I, however, have a different DM board than the rest of the folks here.  The power supply is a separate board and appears to be functional.  I have tested the voltage outputs from the board and all looks good. I have 3V, 5V, 12V, and 28V.  None of the caps appear to be bad either. No bulging at all and my board has 7 caps not the usual 4 that everyone else encounters. 

Not sure what to do at this point.  If you have any ideas please email me instructions and suggestions to [email protected]

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

7Lara7
Larry,

Larry,

I had the surface mounted fuses checked and resolder the one that came off. Still get a blinking light for a minute then nothing. Anything else I can try?

Jere

[email protected]

siddhani
Larry,

Larry,

I have replaced the caps in my WS65513 and the set worked great for a whole 24 hrs.  I am going to open the DM back up and check the connections on the caps.  Any other things I should look for? 

Also,  how hard is it to get ahold of a rebuilt or another DM ?  I'm open to suggestions.  Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

wjnc02
hi larry,

hi larry,

I got a ws55513 with the same problem.  The light blinks and the set won't come on.  could i get a copy of the manual.

thanks,

walt

[email protected]

wjnc02
hi larry,

hi larry,

I got a ws55513 with the same problem.  The light blinks and the set won't come on.  could i get a copy of the manual.

thanks,

walt

[email protected]

twayne
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

My Mitsi WS-65513 just started doing this after a power failure. If you could send the suggested fix and the service manual I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Ted Wayne
([email protected])

Larry Dillon
I am sending out the manuals

I am sending out the manuals and repair docs. this morning to those that in the past couple of days have requested them.  Good Luck

Larry Dillon
Chris, if after you try and

Chris, if after you try and reset the TV set, wait a minute or so and see if the flashing light goes off. If it does then the problem is not in the DM section. If it does not go off, double check the caps and then if all else fails, contact, ptscorp.com and see what they charge to rebuild your board. Good Luck

TedW
Well, Been monitering this

Well, Been monitering this forum for a long time with all my parts in hand. Brother finally arrived early for Thanbksgiving and came over to solder those caps in. All 4 were swollen. Wow, what a pain to pull that thing apart. LOL

But up and running ! ( Yeee Haaa)  Took a minute for the green light to go out. Then hit power on the remote and Bam, bigscreen tv again. lol

Thanks everyone for all the good info, and especially you larry for keeping this post together.  And if there ever is a lawsuit against Mitsubishi for this Engineering Error. And it is an Enginerring Error since 2-3 year life does not meet anyones specs when it is exactly the same problem, I will be in line with my big stick too.

siddhani
Larry,

Larry,

Rechecked the caps,  they are very solid.  the light does go off after power up.  where should i look next?  I'm open to your suggestions, to this point you have been right on the money.  many thanks. a direction to head would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Larry Dillon
Ted, I am glad you got your

Ted, I am glad you got your TV repaired for pennies on the dollor man. Good news it was only the capacitors. Now lets not forget who helped you? Techlore and me! Spread the news about techlore, and e-mail me . Don't forget to clean your TV set after the repair.

Larry Dillon
chumes, I will take a look,

chumes, I will take a look, and get back to you. Contact me by e-mail, this is way to bundled in here to sort out now.

Larry Dillon
Ted and wjn, I will be

Ted and wjn, I will be sending you this repair very soon for your model of TV set. Good Luck

melmade
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I forgot to add what model I had when I posted earlier. its WS-65513  with the same blinking light issue. Really appreciate you sharing this info

Thanks,

Mel Milton

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Mel, the info will go out

Mel, the info will go out this morning. Good Luck

MarkFitz
Hello Larry my name is Mark

Hello Larry my name is Mark FitzGerald and I have A WS55813 with similar issues as others here. Could you e-mail me the service docs/repair instructions?

Thank You,

Mark FitzGerald

[email protected]

ThomasW
Hi Larry:

Hi Larry:

I never did see the email from you.  Perhaps Hotmail rejected it?  Anyway, here's a different email that shouldn't be as picky as hotmail:  [email protected]

Model:  WS-55513 repair manual and whatever other documents required to get that beast back up and running again.  Also, any information on the types of caps too.  Thanks!

Regards,

Thomas

Larry Dillon
Thomas and Mark, I will have

Thomas and Mark, I will have those to you ASAP. Good Luck with this repair.

djculley
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Well it's happend to us now...the blinking green light of death. We have a Mitsubishi Medallion WS-65869.

Could you please send me the instructions on how to repair the DM Board.

My Email address is: [email protected]

Thanks,

David

jkayaker
Larry Dillon said: To Where!?

Larry Dillon said: To Where!? I  do not have a crystal ball.

Could I get a copy of the instructions? Same problem with blinking light.  Thanks!

My email is [email protected]

walt58
Dear Larry could you please E

Dear Larry could you please E Mail me THE BLINKING GREEN LIGHT FIX   its a Mitsu ws-65513 the light does not reset or stop flashing and the T V does not turn on...any help in this matter would be appreciated       WALT      [email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore