Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rick in Arizona
John Fischetti said: Larry

John Fischetti said:

Larry Dillon said: On its way. Good Luck

Larry, here for the same blinking green light issue on a Mitsubishi WS-55813.  Can you send a copy of that to me also, please.  [email protected] Thank you in advance! John

Great news. The local Mitsubish approved repair center in the Washington DC area came out to look at my WS 55813. I wanted them to confirm it was the DM, in which case, I would try to repair the board before ordering a new DM from Sears @ $625. Well, two technicians came out and before I knew it, they were firing up a soldering iron and  tossing around a couple of spent capacitors. I asked them if they were attempting to repair the DM? and the said " Yeah, we try to repair at the component level first! COOL. At this point, I did not feel the need to haggle over charging me $48 for 4 $.56 capacitors. Total bill with labor was $238. $90 was just for the service call. Did ask about the installation of a fan and they said it would be a great Idea. I have another Mitsubishi(WS-65711) down stairs, so I'll get on installing fans in both. Thanks to everyone here.

mgordon
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I was just wondering if you got around to e-mailing me the manuel for the blinking light on my mitsubishi...just in case my email address is [email protected] thanks in advance.

tiggr0393
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Greatly appreciate you posting all these fixes. I too have the blinking light of death on my 65813.

The docs from chrisandnat do not fully cover the fix. can you send me your fix documents?

Thanks a bunch,

[email protected]

seacapt29
ws 66513 blinking light of

ws 66513 blinking light of death. Would you mind sending the repair and service manual to me.  I would like to give the repair a shot.  Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

POZ    

worm
Okay I change the caps on the

Okay I change the caps on the DM board Check the fuse which is good made sure everything was put back the way it should, I power it up I hear a cherp like it's going into shutdown ideals.

thank you in advance

Larry Dillon
John, great to hear they

John, great to hear they fixed it for you. Worm, It sounds like a short in the power supply, and for everyone who left a good e-mail address, you should have the repair documents shrtly. Good Luck!

TedW
worm said: Okay I change the

worm said: Okay I change the caps on the DM board Check the fuse which is good made sure everything was put back the way it should, I power it up I hear a cherp like it's going into shutdown ideals. thank you in advance

Worm, 

I know this may sound intrusive. But you did put in 1000 UF caps didn't you?  The reason I ask is that your post on October 7th, you gave a link to the caps you bought and they show 100UF. Now I am no electronics type, so maybe they are the same?

Just bringing it up in case.

joe_daddy
Larry,

Larry,

Sounds like you are the go to guy on this one ... Mitsu WD-62825 now experiencing green light of death.  Could you please send the instructions over to me for repair?

[email protected]

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Josh

Larry Dillon
HHMM Thats an interesting

HHMM Thats an interesting point. Did not catch that 100 MFD. If that is the case, you need to change them,  worm to 1000MFD @35 volts.

Larry Dillon
josh, I will get the info out

josh, I will get the info out to you ASAP. I do bulk mailings so it should be at the most, sometime by tomorrow morning.

joe_daddy
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks! I really appreciate it!!

Josh

rms05
Larry please send copy for

Larry please send copy for the blinking green light problem i have a ws65513

TedW
Larry,

Larry,

Quick Question.....

I have my caps just sitting here till my brother arrives for thanksgiving to work his magic soldering technique.  But I was wondering , I see some buy 35v caps others 25v and I bought just the  16 v caps.  Is there any benefit going the higher voltage.  I still have time to get better caps if need be.

Thanks 

Larry Dillon
If they are the HI-Temp type

If they are the HI-Temp type capacitors, don't worry about the voltage so much. If they are not the high temp types, then I personally would go for the 25 volt type. The normal caps will have a 85 degree C, and the high temp caps will say on them 105 degree C.

Larry Dillon
To Where!? I  do not have a

To Where!? I  do not have a crystal ball.

jeremy
Could I get a copy of the

Could I get a copy of the instructions? Same problem,

[email protected]

Thanks, nick

Ashley
Larry,

Larry,

I just about cried when my TV's green light was flashing this week.  After doing some searches on google, I came across your offer to send out instructions to possibly fix it.  I have a ws-55513 and would very much appreciate it if you could send me the instructions as soon as you can.  

thanks,

[email protected] 

rms05
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

hey larry thanx in advance i have the same problem with a ws65513 please email instructions at [email protected] thanx.

Larry Dillon
I will be sending out the

I will be sending out the info you requested later this morning to all those here who left a good e-mail address. Good Luck

worm
TedW said: worm said: Okay

TedW said:

worm said: Okay I change the caps on the DM board Check the fuse which is good made sure everything was put back the way it should, I power it up I hear a cherp like it's going into shutdown ideals. thank you in advance

Worm,  I know this may sound intrusive. But you did put in 1000 UF caps didn't you?  The reason I ask is that your post on October 7th, you gave a link to the caps you bought and they show 100UF. Now I am no electronics type, so maybe they are the same?  Just bringing it up in case.

Yes I use 1000mf 35v on October 7th I was just giving a place to get parts.

worm
Larry

Larry

Could please send me a copy of the schematic & repair manuel for this model Mitsubishi WS55513 HD rear projection tv?

Thank you in advance.

worm

worm
Sorry Larry I for got E-mail

Sorry Larry I for got E-mail address: [email protected]

tiggr0393
Larry,

Larry,

You are a life saver. Followed your instructions and now I can watch football.

Thanks,

Eric

glen wyse
Larry,

Larry,

I have the blinking green light and it won't reset on my WS-65613.  Please send the instructions to [email protected].  Where do you get the caps? Thank you in advance.

Dave

Larry Dillon
Eric, great news! Glad to

Eric, great news! Glad to hear you got your TV set fixed.  Also for the others, I sent out the documents and manuals to thoise who left a readable and good e-mail address. Good Luck.

cburks
Larry please send copy for

Larry please send copy for the blinking green light problem i have a ws65513

[email protected]

Thank you

Larry Dillon
Will send them out in this

Will send them out in this afternoons mailing of the documents. Good Luck

Denel
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Larry, I seem to be the latest person dealing with the blinking green light.  Can you please send me the instructions (with pictures) on how to resolve this problem at home.

Denel
This seem to be a big and

This seem to be a big and common issue with the 65" WS65513; is the any record of a recall regarding this?

melmade
sad to see how many people

sad to see how many people this has happened to....... sigh

Larry if you wouldnt mind sending that stuff my way

[email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore