Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
I have Just sent the repair

I have Just sent the repair docs to everyone who left a good e-mail address. Good Luck

mighty mouse
 Hi Winslow, is your 65 in

Hi Winslow, is your 65 in model WS-65869? it sounds like you may have the same issue I had with my TV.

I got my TV fixed in a couple of hours after receiving the parts I ordered. Got some soldering skill? Here is the link to your solution:

http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=32186#post180092

Good luck.

rhapsody
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

My dad has a WS65513, seems to be exhibiting the same symptoms listed in this post.  Could you please send me the docs referenced in this post as well.  I haven't gotten over there yet to look it over, but this would be great if it addresses the problem.  Thanks in advance :  [email protected]

jamiller1952
I to am afflicted with the

I to am afflicted with the dreaded blinking green light for my WS 55813. Can anyone send me the fix it specs as discussed in this log. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jmw2
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

I'm also having this problem with my ws-65313,can you please send me repair intructions along with part numbers? Thanks,email [email protected]

Danite
cdebiase said:          

cdebiase said:           Larry,    My husbands mitsubishi ws 65513 just this morning had the timer green light flashing. It is a 2003. I was wanting the same info you gave to winslow. My e-mail add. is [email protected].                                                                      Thanks,                                                                  gdebiase

Hi Larry, i've not gotten the instructions either.

Thanks,

Gdebiase

Larry Dillon
I have sent already all who

I have sent already all who has left an e-mail address. I just sent all again.  Good Luck

Larry Dillon
You should get them now. If

You should get them now. If not, check your junk or bulk mail.

worm
utbbchamp said: Hi Winslow,

utbbchamp said: Hi Winslow, is your 65 in model WS-65869? it sounds like you may have the same issue I had with my TV. I got my TV fixed in a couple of hours after receiving the parts I ordered. Got some soldering skill? Here is the link to your solution: Good luck.

what is the link to opur solution

worm
larry

larry

There is a ziner diode in line with the caps if that is open would that stop start up

napster
I have a 73713 and am having

I have a 73713 and am having the same green blinking light issue.  Please send me the info as well.  [email protected]

Many thanks!!! 

Scott Leithauser
Larry -

Larry -

I don't know you, but after reading this thread, it sure does sound like you're the man! I have a Mitsubish Medallion WS-55613 with "the dreaded green blinking light."

I do know how to solder, but I don't know where to start. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

stvnjbro
worm said: larry  There is a

worm said: larry  There is a ziner diode in line with the caps if that is open would that stop start up

If you know how to use a multimeter, that will tell you if the Diode is open or not. But yeah, it can stop the start up of the tv.

dave
larry

larry

I have a wd-62628 62inch tv and yesterday it went stright to the red lamp led. I unpluged it and when i pluged back in it went to the green flashing led and after a few minutes it went to red lamp led. I have read people who changed out lamp still didn't work and some people said lamp, dm board and dm power supply had to be changed out . Anyway what do you think. I ordered the lamp today so i will try this first. by the way could you sent me the service manuel and maybe the capactor fix .

thank you

[email protected]

mighty mouse
Worm, Winslow, Sorry guy,

Worm, Winslow, Sorry guy, here is the link to your solution 

http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=32186#post180092

napster
Thanks Larry.  Got a question

Thanks Larry.  Got a question.  I replaced the capacitors, but still no go.  I got my meter out and checked the two fuses you mentioned in the documents.  I get a reading from the B02 but not the B00.  This means that the B00 fuse is bad?  I am going to buy two new fuses anyways and have them replaced, but just to make me feel good....would like to know if this is my issue.  One thing I found odd is after I replaced the capacitors, I put the DM board back into the TV to test it out.  There is a small LED on the soldering side of the board...it is green when powered on.  I saw it go from a very bight LED light to almost no illumination.  Does this mean anything?

Again, many thanks for the info and help!!! 

Bolton
Well let me say that the caps

Well let me say that the caps were right on. All of mine were bubbled up on top, swaped them out and cleaned the mirror and lenses. Like I just bought a new TV again. Thanks for the info. Jarrod.

victorcha
 Larry, I have the same tv, 

Larry, I have the same tv,  ws65513, sure could use your info, please.

Same green blinking light.  Like to get this fixed.

Thank you. my email is [email protected]

turnbuk
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

How sad so many of us have the same issue! 

Could you please send the repair instructions to

[email protected]

I have the same blinking green light with no power on for my Mitsubishi 55 inch Model WS-55613 rear projection HDTV. Any assistance would be appreciated.

thank you! 

Maria 

turnbuk
By the way I found this

By the way I found this online that fixes the same blinking green light of death.

Is it the same procedure? http://www.chrisandnat.com/temp/BlinkingTV.pdf

Well Thought it may help someone!

thanks again!

-M

corkbusangel
larry,

larry,

I have mitsubishi ws-65-813 Iwas wondering if the procedure is the same as the 55in

if so could please e-mail those instruction                                                Thanks,john

my email address i [email protected] 

Larry Dillon
suprajoe, the fuse is bad

suprajoe, the fuse is bad replace it. This blew because to much current was drawn because the caps in your set probably shorted. This should take care of your problem.

Larry Dillon
Maria, yes this is very

Maria, yes this is very similar but does not included a service manual to let you see how this set comes apart or how to take the front off and clean the mirrors But if your happy with it, go for it.

Larry Dillon
Yes John, it is the same for

Yes John, it is the same for your model, I will send you the documents.

Larry Dillon
Everyone who left a valid e

Everyone who left a valid e-mail address will get the documents soon.  Good Luck

turnbuk
Thanks Larry,, I decided to

Thanks Larry,, I decided to have a service man look at it! :( :) Oh well I hope he finds a solution that's not too pricey!  I'll still look for your manual though just in case. The price could be way too much.

I'll keep you posted! Thank you !!!

:)

chrisc
Larry,

Larry,

Yesterday, I finished replacing the 4 capacitors on my Mitsubishi 48513, with only a few variations from your instructions for the 65513 model. I also cleaned the lens using a 3M Lens Cleaning Cloth. I now have a clearer and brighter picture and the TV will turn on promptly. No flashing green light.

I want to mention that the bulge on the capacators was barely visible, but I found that a test of placing the capacitors upside down on the table will prove that the capacitors are swollen. Defective capacitors will rock, new ones will stand steady.

I want to thank you for your invaluable assistance.

Bill F.

siddhani
Larry,

Larry,

I also have the blinking green light problem.  Had a tech at the house who removed the chassis and took it to his shop for diagnostic check.  I was told the entire Digital Tuner Assembly need to be replaced at a cost of $975.  Could you please send me the repair procedure for the capacitors. I'll go this route before I spend the $975.  Email is [email protected]  Your posts are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Larry Dillon
I am sending you the info to

I am sending you the info to hopefully repair your TV set. Good Luck

mendoempire
is it possible you could send

is it possible you could send me that file as well?

many thanks,

TG12 

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore