Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
wurlygig
Same problem with by WS-55513

Same problem with by WS-55513, can you please email the info to me as well?  My email is [email protected] .

Thank you in advance!

ERIC
Thanks Larry!

Thanks Larry!

I have just ordered the caps from digikey anyone know how long it takes before receiving them?

Ran to Radio shack and got the iron and desoldering iron.

Waiting on the caps.

Took the DM out and looked at the caps and they are definately bulged. That was so overwhelming to take the back cover off and then simple once you follow the awesomly easy instructions.

Hope I dont have to wait long, so many sports to watch and no big screen... aaahhhhh!

Thanks for info and I'll keep ya posted.

taz
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Larry,

I have the same problem.  I requested your repair procedure earlier but you may not have seen it.  Would you send it my way please?  [email protected] - thanks very much.

mindy
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Could you Please send me the instructions.  It sounds like it is worth a shot.  [email protected]  

Larry Dillon
Everyone who left an e-mail

Everyone who left an e-mail address has received the repair documents. Good Luck

wurlygig
Hey Larry, I still had not

Hey Larry, I still had not recieved the information, but noticed that my email did not link in the forum. I thought I would try again.  My blinking light comes from a ws-55513. [email protected]  thank you!

Michael
Larry, I have a Mitsubishi WS

Larry, I have a Mitsubishi WS-65513 thats has the same problems as evryone else.  Can you send me the instructions with the high temp capacitor part numbers to fix this? Any word on wether Mitsubishi is accepting any responsibility to fix this issue at no charge?  Thanks so much.  PLease send to [email protected]

brimor
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a WS55513 with the constant rapidly blinking green light. No response to the reset button or disconnecting power and will not power up. Before this happened, the green light would blink slowly when the TV was off, then this problem.  If you think this cap replacement would be appropriate for my unit, could you please send me the info and the service manual? I have experience in circuit board repair.  Thanks a lot in adavnce. [email protected]

Al 2438
Larry,

Larry,

I have the same problem with my tv too, could you please send me the repair instructions and service manual?

THANKS!

gil           [email protected] 

Bolton
Just wondering if I could get

Just wondering if I could get a copy of the way to fix this also, looks like mine is dead also, thanks jarrod.

[email protected]

ERIC
Who has had success lately?

Who has had success lately?

I still waiting on my caps.

Stormy
Larry,

Larry,

You are certainly providing a great service here. I also have a 65513 doing the same thing. I had no idea this was such a common problem. I'm glad I stumbled upon this site before spending hours troubleshoothing it. I would appreciate any documentation you can provide.

Thank You,

Mark

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
everyone who left a good e

everyone who left a good e-mail address should be receiving the repair info soon. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
da docta, most of those who

da docta, most of those who had not been successful at this repair had went back and found out that the board was not sitting all the way into the mother board lug ins at the bottom of the DM board, or had a bad surface mounted fuse also in the DM board assembly. If you read and follow the instructions, you may be one of the 80 to 85% that this works for.

EECGeek
15 pages of people with this

15 pages of people with this problem, I no longer feel like it's just my luck.  I also have the dreaded blinking Green light.

I would also appreciate your documentation.

Thanks in advance.

-David

[email protected]

n2hvac
Well this blinking green

Well this blinking green 'timer' light on these mit's seems to be a huge problem.....one that I'm also experiencing.  Larry, I kindly ask if you could please send over those repair instructions you've been mentioning.  My email is [email protected] - really appreciate your help on this.  I am one of those that have absolutley zero sodering experience - this will be a task for a pro. Just for reference - my Mitsubishi model is the WD-62525.  Thank you again.

laddyboy
Another to be added to the

Another to be added to the list my Ws65513 with the green blinking light. Can you send me these instructions also to:     [email protected] 

You really are doing an amazing thing here helping all of these people Thank you so much !!!!!!

Larry Dillon
bd and sprinky, i have

bd and sprinky, i have attached the different documents for the repair of your TV set. Go over all the info and deside what set you have for the fix. Good Luck.

Danite
          Larry,

Larry,

My husbands mitsubishi ws 65513 just this morning had the timer green light flashing. It is a 2003. I was wanting the same info you gave to winslow. My e-mail add. is [email protected].

Thanks,

gdebiase

stvnjbro
da docta said: Who has had

da docta said: Who has had success lately? I still waiting on my caps.

I finally got my fuses in. Those things aren't easy to find. I got em' at a place online called Ken's Electronics. He's got EVERYTHING. T.V. back up and running....works great. Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of that darn Burn In.......anybody know how to do that? I have seen chemicals online you rub across the screen that is suppose to excite the pixels, but I'm thinking it is going to take more than that to repair burn in. What you guys think?

TedW
Arauthator said: da docta

Arauthator said:

I finally got my fuses in. Those things aren't easy to find. I got em' at a place online called Ken's Electronics. He's got EVERYTHING. T.V. back up and running....works great. Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of that darn Burn In.......anybody know how to do that? I have seen chemicals online you rub across the screen that is suppose to excite the pixels, but I'm thinking it is going to take more than that to repair burn in. What you guys think?

Arauthator said:

PART NUMBER PLEASE !  This would make it easier for others to locate this fuse for F9B00. Or a link to Ken's Electronics to the actual part in case they find that it is not just the capacitors and is also the fuse as on yours.

Thanks 

stvnjbro
KENS ELECTRONICS LINK:http:/

KENS ELECTRONICS LINK:
http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/fuses.htm

FLF451004 Littlefuse 6x2.5x2MM surface mount fast 4 amp fuse $2.07

Just let them know you need 125V 4 Amp SMD Fuse. The 4 AMPS is what is most important.

FUSE INFORMATION:

There is two basic types of fuses: fast acting and slow blow. The fast acting type will open very quickly when their particular current rating is exceeded. This is important for analog meter movements, which can quickly be destroyed when too much current flows through them, for even a very small amount of time. Slow blow fuses have a coiled construction inside. They are designed to open only on a continued overload, such as a short circuit. The purpose of coiled construction is to prevent the fuse from blowing on just a temporary current surge.

Do not use a slow blow fuse in place of a fast acting fuse. It may not open fast enough to prevent components damage under a high current condition. It’s not harmful to replace a slow blow fuse with a fast-acting fuse, but it will probably open up unnecessarily every now and then when the equipment is first switched on. A blown fuse can tell you something about your service problem. Often the glass case of the fuse appears clear, and you can still see the broken pieces of the fuse element. This means you have the kind of problem that causes a slow, gradual overload on the power supply. Some fuses even die of old age. But if the inside of the glass fuse is discolored, and there is no trace of the fuse element (the center connector), you know that the center connector was destroyed quickly and violently, using a lot of heat. The fault was a short circuit or other problem that caused a lot of current to flow very quickly.

The above information is given to you with a glass fuse in mind. But the same principle holds true for SMD inline fuses. Inline fuse meaning, it's part of the circuitry and mounted on the surface of the board.

SMD meaning it is surface mounted on the circuit board, with solder. It's also millimeters in size, to give you a better picture of it's size, it's just a hare bigger than the width of tweezer tips.

Current is your amps. Think of it as water pressure. Too much water, the hose pops a leak. Too much current or ampage, the fuse breaks. This can happen when these capacitors go bad. It was so bad on my DM Module that it acutally burnt off pieces of the shiny finish on the board. Luckily is wasn't on the actual circuit.

n2hvac
Larry Dillon said: bd and

Larry Dillon said: bd and sprinky, i have attached the different documents for the repair of your TV set. Go over all the info and deside what set you have for the fix. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info Larry - I'll make certain to keep you and all on message board up to date.  Looks like I have someone to help this weekend.  I'll keep you informed.

dvdmrp
Larry Dillon said: Zain, I

Larry Dillon said: Zain, I sent out the info you requested. Good Luck. Just remember, if you are unsure of what you are doing, do not take a chance and maybe ruin the board. Call in a pro to assist you. This fix does help out at least 65 to 70% of those folks who try this. If you fix the set, it should save you at least 800 bucks or so.

Larry Dillon said: Zain, I sent out the info you requested. Good Luck. Just remember, if you are unsure of what you are doing, do not take a chance and maybe ruin the board. Call in a pro to assist you. This fix does help out at least 65 to 70% of those folks who try this. If you fix the set, it should save you at least 800 bucks or so.

dvdmrp
Larry,  I too finally got the

Larry,  I too finally got the flashing green light on the WS-65813, if you are still providing assistance of a possible fix please forward to it to me.

Thanks,

Jeff 

jnesci
Larry,

Larry,

It occurs to me that as long as I have this thing laying all over the den floor that I may as well clean the lenses. Anything in particular to watch out for? Use eyeglass cleaner, Windex? There is a thin coating of dust on all 3 lenses.

Thanks.

roger1938

Stormy
Larry,

Larry,

I did not receive the service manual nor instructions for the WS65513 repair. Could you try sending them to this email address instead, maybe I will have better luck there. [email protected]

Thanks,

Mark

ERIC
Some one should start to

Some one should start to track all these emails and compile a list for Mit to respond... They should compensate for the inconvenience!

I still waiting for my caps, wasn't sure if I mentioned that yet...

Hope I dont need a fuse. Mulimeter test says OK.

I missed the big screen version of the Brett Favre drama, fun game to watch, but small.

You got to hand it to Larry for his service, awful kind of ya! Thanks again.

When will they ever get here, aaggg! 

franky
Another to be added to the

Another to be added to the list my WS55613 with the green blinking light. Can you send me these instructions also to: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Roger, use a soft cloth with

Roger, use a soft cloth with windex sprayed on it. then use a dry soft cloth to wipe it clean. Never spray directly onto the mirrors or lens.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore