Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Erin, please, you only need

Erin, please, you only need to post on one thread to get help.  I cannot respond right away to posts sometimes, as I do go to school. But I am happy to assist you. I have sent the info you requested via the other thread you already posted on . Thanks for coming to techlore.com. Don't forget to visit techlores gift idea and gadget thread.

Gnismer
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

I have the blinking green light problem could you send instruction on how to fix.

My email is [email protected]

thanks

Lynn

Larry Dillon
Lynn, You should have the

Lynn, You should have the documents along with a service manual for your TV set soon. Good Luck!

Juli
Larry,

Larry,

I posted a message earlier but didn't direct it to anyone in particular. Not sure if I needed to.

Would you please send me the instructions to fix the blinking green light problem for the ws55513.

Thank you,

Juli

Larry Dillon
Juli, I am sorry I missed you

Juli, I am sorry I missed you there. I will get this info out to you asap. Good Luck with the repair.

BD
Larry, I think you have the

Larry, I think you have the answers to my mitsubishi ws-73713 blinking problem. Could you send the solution to:

[email protected]

slikvic314
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi 65 inch WS-65909 1080 Series TV and it seems to be experiencing all of the same problems as everyone here in the forum. The blinking green light keeps flashing and the TV will not turn on. Can you please send me how to identify the 4 capacitors and where they are on the DM board so I can get them replaced? Thanks. 

[email protected]

wlaub
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the fix for my WS-65513. I replaced the caps with ones I bought from Radio Shack. A few minutes a soldering iron and WOW! its fixed. So far so good. It really was easy.

Thanks again

WLaub 

Larry Dillon
BD, I am sending you the

BD, I am sending you the informtion you will need to attempt the repair of your large screen TV set. Good Luck

hillbilly_jim
With all thats been said in

With all thats been said in this thread all I can say is Me Too!!! Mitsubishi ws65513 blinking greeb light. If you can hook me up with the documents I promise to post results when finished. [email protected]

Wayne
Larry, I changed out numerous

Larry, I changed out numerous caps on all the boards (power, FMT, DM, signal) in my WD-52725 and still have the blinking green light. I would estimate that near every capacitor larger than the smallest size ones has been changed out, but that unfortunately did not fix the problem. Taking measurements on the power supply test points, I get normal voltages on everything except the 3.3, 5 and 12V test points, which test at near 0V for each of them. Do you have any clue as to where to look next?

Larry Dillon
Are you saying the voltages

Are you saying the voltages coming to the DM? If that is the case, check the surface mounted fuses on the solder side of the DM board. If they are not on the DM, where are you measuring these voltages at?

Wayne
Those voltages are measured

Those voltages are measured at the test points on the power supply board.

Larry Dillon
  Check all of the circuit

Check all of the circuit protectors in the power supply. These are called F9A02, F9A04, and F9A05. If these are good, the standby power supply is NOT working. IC9A10 or its associated circuitry is bad.

mdford
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

My Mitsu WS-65813 is having the same problem everyone else is describing here - blinking green light that does not shut off.  I tried getting to the DM module but it's got a bracket next to the optics that I couldn't get to in order to remove it - so I don't know what state the capacitors inside are in.

Any info you could pass along regarding getting to the DM module and replacing the caps inside would be greatly appreciated!

michael_d_ford<at>hotmail.com

slikvic314
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65909 and the TV turned off on us. Now it won't turn back on and just flashes the blinking green light. Can you please send me instructions on how to replace the 4 capacitors on the DM board? Thanks. 

[email protected] 

Larry Dillon
slikvic, that model number of

slikvic, that model number of TV set does not use 4 caps in the DM board assembly. It uses seven capacitors. I will forward the instructions as well as the service manual. Good Luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
mdford, I have you on my next

mdford, I have you on my next list to send out the documents for this repair as well as the factory service manual. Good Luck with this repair.

awsum2k
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I too have the same problem with my WD-62825.  I am trying to get to the power supply to remove it so I can have my service guy repair it.  I live in a remote area and it will run about $500 for the service guy to make a house call.  He says the parts are around $50 for the repair needed.  Would appreciate a manual or any other information you can provide.  I have the back panel off and at sort of a standstill at this time.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Larry Dillon
Jim, did you forget something

Jim, did you forget something? Send them to WHERE!!??

awsum2k
Larry,

Larry,

I thought you probably emailed the information that it would be on record.

My email is [email protected] Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Jim

Larry Dillon
I have no access to your E

I have no access to your E-mail, I edited out your home address, it is unneeded. I will send you out the info you will need to attempt this repair of your large screen TV set. Good Luck

mindy
I have the WS65869 with the

I have the WS65869 with the blinking light.  It would not stop blinking so I found your website.  I have replaced all 7 capacitors on the DM card and now, when I plug the unit in, the light blinks for about a minute and then stops.  I am then able to turn the TV on, but it shuts off after about 1 minute. The reset does nothing, and I have tried unplugging it a few more times in the hopes that it resets.  Any help you could provide would be most appreciated.  Thank You 

Larry Dillon
You will need to check the

You will need to check the power supply voltage going to the DM board and make sure they are not low or too high. You will also have to check the switched voltages in the main power supply for the voltage while the set is on.

hillbilly_jim
Larry I tore into this thing

Larry I tore into this thing yesterday and sure enough all the caps were bad, now the problem I am having is finding replacements. It appears that this is a very hot item and everyone is out of stock. If you have any info on alternate locations for this part please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Larry Dillon
You can very easily go to

You can very easily go to radio shack and use them, but they are not hi-temp caps. They will work though. The only problem is that they MIGHT not last as long. If you wish to get the hi-temp type go to http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09 These are what you need for your repair.

hillbilly_jim
Thanks for the quick reply

Thanks for the quick reply and they are now ordered. Thanks again.

mindy
What should the voltage to

What should the voltage to the DM board be and what should the switched voltages be?  I forgot to mention in my original post that all 3 of the projection lights do come on.  Also, after the TV turns itself off, the lights blink for about a minute, and then I can do it all again.  Thanks

Larry Dillon
Didn't I send you the service

Didn't I send you the service manual to this TV set? The voltages will be in the block diagrams. If you request help PLEASE include all symptoms and EXACTLY what happens. Let's start over as I am confused as to the exact symptoms as I do not understand them in bits and pieces.

mindy
Sorry.  You sent it out the

Sorry.  You sent it out the manual to several people at once, but I didn't get it.  I found the instructions for the DM card capacitors on another website.  If you could try and send it again to [email protected] that would be greatly appreciated.  The original symptom that I had was the blinking green light on the front that would not stop.  Reading the postings, the DM Card caps sounded pretty likely.  I ordered them from Digikey.com and had them switched out.  Re-installed the card, put the cover on and tried it out.  Went to the front and discovered the lights bllinking, but they quuit after about a minute.  Pressed the power button and set came on.  Screen flashes through the colors and then goes black.  I can see the 3 lights on (low) and then it just shuts off.  It does let me repeat this over and over though.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore