Mitsubishi convergence IC's used in the differant models

696 posts / 0 new
Last post
ocps
Thanks Larry I installed the

Thanks Larry I installed the convergence kit and it works like new. Can you help me with my next problem. Because the picture on the screen was not on full screen most of the time. I would like to replace the screen because of the shadow on each end. Can you please tell me where I can buy one. Thanks AL

Jon46
I Have a ws-65711 and i was

I Have a ws-65711 and i was moving it and it got banged around a little too much so i pluged it in for a second and the green light started to blink and it came on fine so i unpluged it and countined to move it to my new place. now that i try to plug it in, all i get is that green light blinking and never stopping. what is going on?? I took out the dm and dont see anything wrong with the 7 caps. i really looked at them good but on the other hand i'm not a tech. any info would be great

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, All kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

TexasJohn
I replaced my convergence

I replaced my convergence chips a month or so ago. Last week the following started: Once in awhile the picture would flicker for just a part of a second, like static or something. I would also occasonally notice a couple of thin black lines across the screen horizontally, and occasionally the top would look like it is a piece of paper being curled down a few inches from the top. On the weekend it did this and then the TV turned itself off. I turned it back on and it looked OK, but after a few minutes it turned itself off again. Does this sound like my convergence chip is going bad (again) or should I be looking at something else?
Thanks,
John

dvtorres
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
I have an WS-65611 and after replacing the IC chip STK393-110 the tv will not power on.

Before replacing the IC chip the readings at the resistors were 3.5. I removed one to check for 3.9 and it is good so I resolderd onto board.

After replacing IC chip the resistors are reading 1.9. I replaced the IC again and now I get 2.3 at all 12 resistors. The pico fuses test good. I now have a blinking green light and when power is applied I also hear a chirp at the back of the center PCB left rear corner of the board. It chirps when plugging the cord to the outlet then when unplugged after 30 seconds there is a buzz then chirp very faint I used a paper towel center tube to locate the chirp.

IC Chips were purchased from suburban electronics.

After more testing I found that the value of the 12 resistors change by just moving the tray that the PCB boards are mounted to. I have checked the ribbon cables they appear ok but values of resistors should not change like that. Hmmmm!!!

Update 7/15/2010
I doubted my soldering job and doubled checked all contacts and soldering is good so I decided to replace all 7 capacitors in the DM module and installed DM back into TV and now the TV works!!!

Thanks,David

Larry Dillon
John acually it sounds like a

John acually it sounds like a solder bridge or short across one or more of the resoldered convergence IC pins or a solder splash on the convergence board the flashing green light after this repair is generally a bent or a pin not inserted properly pin on one of those white flex jumper pins not seated properly, please check all that I mentioned these are the white jumpers that go to the other two boards in the set from the midle board triple check all the other plugs also!!
Larry D.

TexasJohn
Larry,

Larry,
OK, I'll take it apart and check it all out. Now I know what to look for.
Thanks for the advice.
John

Larry Dillon
also alot of theses sets

also alot of theses sets after it has sit not working for a few days the already going bad capacitors inside thg DM need to be changed also but that is another kit! please check first what I suggested!
Larry

TexasJohn
Larry,

Larry,
OK It will be a couple of days until I can take it apart. I never figured out all the stuff one must do to get the entire chassis out (WS-65511 ahs wires everywhere), so I just pull the one circuit board out but it takes me a couple of hours. And it's hard sitting on the floor that long!

With the board out, anything I can look for regarding the capacitors as well?

Thanks,
John

Bud1122
Mitsubishi WS-A65- purchased

Mitsubishi WS-A65- purchased at BestBuy in 2003.

Hope someone can tell me what is going on with my TV.
In March of 09, the picture started to flicker on and off, almost like a strobe light. Luckly I had an extended warranty on it so called the Geek Squad.
To date, I've had 7 Geek Squad techs and 2 subcontractors check it out and none can find reason for intermittent picture. They have replaced all three PCB boards as well as the PWB-CRT on the tubes. Picture it still flickering. Contacted Mitsubishi and they were worthless, could not give me info because I'm not a tech. Now Geek Squad wants to replace the same three PCB boards again.
My warranty expires in 30 days and I know BestBuy is hoping it does so they don't have to credit me.
HELP !!!

Larry Dillon
no if your set is not

no if your set is not repaired and the warrantee runs out they are still responsible!!!!! tell them to replace the set if they cannot repair the setpess the input and themenu once at the same time it should flash a two numbers of flashes at least 5 times then call them and tell them what the code is!!?? or post it back here please.
Larry Dillon(AKA)techman

acoop2005
I have a Mitsubishi VS-463RS

I have a Mitsubishi VS-463RS with a convergence problem. Primarily the RED. I can get it set.... but in time it will jump around and then move off axis...at which time I have to reset it. I assume it needs new ICs and I haven't located a kit to repair it. Is it just too old?

Tim in oregon
Hello Larry:

Hello Larry:
I have a Mitsubishi WS-65809 TV and i just had it in the shop for an error code 2-3, got it fixed for 300$, it was a convergence problem, now not 90 days later TV is dead again, took it to the same guy, let me tell you, this tv is not worth hauling around, it is HEAVY, the repair guy dug deeper this time and found a bad transformer but he can not find one anywhere? it is for the horizontal deflection unit? Do you know where i might be able to find one, maybe if i get all the correct info? I am at a loss, Mitsubishi does not stock the part he is looking for anymore! any help would be great!

Tim, in Salem, Oregon!

CVinje
Larry,

Larry,

I'm getting ready to replace the IC's on a Mitsu 60607 (STK392-110) and was wondering if you could provide the necessary manual for this repair as well as calibration. I believe I have located it elsewhere; however, I'm unsure as to the correctness of that manual.

Please send to: [email protected]

Thank you,

CVinje

acoop2005
Regarding my previous

Regarding my previous question:

have a Mitsubishi VS-463RS with a convergence problem. Primarily the RED. I can get it set.... but in time it will jump around and then move off axis...at which time I have to reset it. I assume it needs new ICs and I haven't located a kit to repair it. Is it just too old?

I was just wondering if you could confirm the correct replacement ICs or point me to a convergence kit I can order to repair this big 'ol bugger!!

I'd appreciate your help, Larry!

Fitzgr8
Hello Larry, I just received

Hello Larry, I just received a WS-55711 and when I try and power up all I get is a click about 2 seconds after and it shuts down. I have no video or sound. I Am capable of repairing this tv but need to know where to start.

Thanks,
Paul

Fitzgr8
I was just given a WS-55711

I was just given a WS-55711 and was wondering what the problem could be with it. If I try and power it on all I get is a click after about 2 seconds then nothing. No video or sound. I pulled the two boards out from under the metal box and upon inspecting them I can't see any visible signs of damage.

Thanks

Fitzgr8
Ok, so I pulled the tv apart

Ok, so I pulled the tv apart and found the F9A04 and F9A05 to be bad. What would cause this and should I just replace the two or replace other parts as well. What causes these two pico's to go bad?

Thanks,
Paul

Tulleyt
Hello Larry - I have a

Hello Larry - I have a Mitsubishi WT-46807. Last night I saw bright green and pink separation of colors giving a 3D effect only on the lower 1/3 of the screen. Additionally that 1/3 area is hourglass skewed. What is the fix for this? If a professional made the repairs what should the cost to fix be and how long should it take? Is is possible to complete myself? Thanks for your help, Mike

Beau_Crowley
i would think first off that

i would think first off that the horizontal IC's need to be replaced. i could be wrong though .

Dohme
Hello, Larry.

Hello, Larry.

We have a Mitsubishi, 70". model vs-70801....rear projection. Sound is perfect but screen is black. Over the past few weeks, have been able to restore picture by turning set on and off a couple of times. Today, nothing. Any ideas?

acoop2005
Hey Larry - trying this one

Hey Larry - trying this one again as I still haven't found a kit for this model?
I would appreciate your suggestions?

have a Mitsubishi VS-463RS with a convergence problem. Primarily the RED. I can get it set.... but in time it will jump around and then move off axis...at which time I have to reset it. I assume it needs new ICs and I haven't located a kit to repair it. Is it just too old?

I was just wondering if you could confirm the correct replacement ICs or point me to a convergence kit I can order to repair this big 'ol bugger!!

I'd appreciate your help, Larry!

ATR-2
WS65909 Replaced ic & pico

WS65909 Replaced ic & pico fuses and still have same problem error code 2-2. On off in about 3 seconds. Fuses are still good? Not sure where to go from here. Help!

Chris Kuhner
ATR-2, did you replace the

ATR-2, did you replace the resistors as well?

ATR-2
thx Chris. no but they test

thx Chris. no but they test ok by the meter. I follow Ic replacement instructions. The fuses should blow if new ic was bad? It says to test coils. they look good. I don't know how to test them with meter. They are not leaking.

cmoore
Larry,

Larry,

I have a mitsubishi qt-a42 that i lifted one of the connections on trying to desolder the IC's. Can you help me get a scematic for it so I can trace the connection and make a patch for it? [email protected]

Thanks

TexasJohn
Larry,

Larry,
I mentioned a problem with my WS-65511 in may in which the picture went out after getting lines, etc. You mentioned checking soldering but I have been lazy (and mad at it) and didn't take it apart yet. Anyway, last nigh I turned it on - picture worked for about 5 minutes and then it shut down. I used instructions and got flashing code 2-3. Do you know what that means? Does that confirm something I should fix or not help at all?
Thanks,
John

GratefulWeb
Larry,

Larry,

This is the best forum I've seen on Projector convergence, you are amazing.

Of course, I did not read this forum, and based on what I found on the internet, bought a STK393-110 from Suburban Electronics and replaced it on my Mother in laws MitsubishiVS-45609 Projection TV built in 2001. For 30 minutes, the issue was fixed, but the blue bow convergence problem came back after that, and cannot move the blue vertical, only side to side with the remote service mode. I did use heat paste. Was I cheap and got a chinese STK393-110, or is it some resistor?

Thanks,

Barney

mum
I have a mitsubishi tv model

I have a mitsubishi tv model WT-46805 with error code 21. Does anyone know what this code means?

pride.ind
where can I find the pico

where can I find the pico fuse and the ic board in order to replace them because I get code error 22

Pages

Connect With Techlore