Mitsubishi convergence IC's used in the differant models

696 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Yep, send to techman32k@yahoo

Yep, send to [email protected] I will take a look at it.

SMorris
Cool.  I unzipped this file

Cool.  I unzipped this file on another computer and now am at a computer that does not hav a zip and unzip program.  I will have to send it in a few emails.  Sorry

Larry Dillon
Check R520 and R522 off of

Check R520 and R522 off of T510 transformer. They should measure .82 ohm. They use these resistors instead of circuit protectors or fuses in these older TV sets.

Larry Dillon
You should be able to get .82

You should be able to get .82 Ohm Resistor at 2 watts from Radio Shack or someplace like that. You could even use 1 ohm, as I have in the past. Just make sure they are fusable resistor and flame proof.

SMorris
Thlanks alot.  You have been

Thlanks alot.  You have been very helpful through this whole experience.  I appreciate it greatly.  One more question if you dont mind.  I am sorry.  If the fuses do not fix the problem where would you go next, as I have already replaced the ics and I am pretty sure that it is not the soldering?

Larry Dillon
We will cross that bridge

We will cross that bridge when we get to it. No need to spend precious time figuring what it could be when in fact I know one or more of those resistors are bad. You need to look at the schematic of the convergence and measure for the plus and minus 24 volts at the IC's.

SMorris
Ok.  I do appreciate it. 

Ok.  I do appreciate it.  Thanks again.

Larry Dillon
No problem man. Just be

No problem man. Just be patient and maybe you can say, YOU FIXED IT!!

berniew
Well on my Mitsubishi I did

Well on my Mitsubishi I did have a convergence issue, however after looking at the bottom where the IC's solder onto the circuitboard, I noticed that there where about 4 "pins" loose. After soldering them back on it worked like a charm!!! The cracks where so small that you could only notice it if you pushed on each with a ballpoint pen. I can thank my 2 year old for banging against the TV for this....   geeesh :)

Thank you for the support I have received here.

Bernie

Larry Dillon
You mean Sanyo. Where did you

You mean Sanyo. Where did you get them from?

smc57
Larry Dillon said: You mean

Larry Dillon said: You mean Sanyo. Where did you get them from?

Got from Bluestar International Components- BIC online with Bluestar-online.com.

They are Sanyo

TGutz
Hello,

Hello,

I am having some convergence issues on a 55819 mitsu.  I think I will start by checking the connections.  Larry, can you please email me any documentation that you have on this set?  I have 2 kids as well I think that they may have had a hand in the problem. 

Have a great day.

mario59
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

We recently moved, and the movers rolled the TV on a dolly down a steep slope for about 30 feet. TV worked fine the first day. But the next day the picture became blurry on all inputs. When the set is first turned on the convergence is way off and it's really blurry, but after about an hour it focuses itself a bit but still not very clear. The green is quite a bit off. It looks like the 3D movies without glasses. There aren't any geometry issues. Do you think it's related to the convergnce ic's? And if so, do you happen to know how I can go about replacing them? It's a Mistubishi WS-55908, and it's 6 years old. Appreciate your help.

Mario

mills
Hey

Hey

I have been reading in all these different forms, and figured that my TV need the IC's to be changed; I have Mitsubishi WS-65819.  I have already purchased and soldered the chips in (my skills are much better than the average person). I went to turn on the TV and nothing; it turns on, then immediately off. I ran the error check and get "22...Short Protect circuit." I have looked everywhere for what this means. I have even purchased a service manual, and I still doesn't tell me what to do / check / replace, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Miles

Larry Dillon
What did the set do before

What did the set do before you changed the IC's?

mills
it was not a bad as alot of

it was not a bad as alot of these other people, but it had a little mis alinment along the edges. like if you are wathing ESPN or something like that with a lot of words. it was very hard to rad the words.

Larry Dillon
Check your solder connection

Check your solder connection on the IC's. Make sure you have none of the IC connections shorting together.

mills
will do

will do

thanks larry, i will let you know 

david777
larry i have a mitsubishi vs

larry i have a mitsubishi vs-50805 i changed the ic's but it still the same can you tell me where the fuses are that blow out with the ic's i cant find them please help

mills
hey yeah the solder is fine

hey yeah the solder is fine and i have checked all marked fuses there are fine. any other suggestions

Lorens
IMPORTANT: quote "before you

IMPORTANT: quote "before you install the new IC's onto the large metal heat sink, apply a good layer of heat sink compound onto the backs of the new convergence IC's."

Larry Dillon
mills, if the set worked

mills, if the set worked before you changed the IC's, then you pulled out a plug part way while working on the set, or the IC's you replaced were no good. Where did you buy them from?

mills
yeah i have already tryed

yeah i have already tryed putting to originals back into the board just to check, the same thing is happening. error 22 short protection circut. i will go though and check all the plugs. but i got them form www.bluestar-online.com

by the way thanks for all of the sugetions so far

Larry Dillon
Look for solder splashes on

Look for solder splashes on the printed circuit board also.

SMorris
Hey larry, it is steve again.

Hey larry, it is steve again.  I am sorry you are probably getting tired of hearing from me, but I replaced those resistors and now the t.v. tries to turn on but then clicks right back to off.  One of the resistors was bad but now I cannot get the t.v. to turn on.  Please let me know if you have any advice

mills
ok so i had me and a friend

ok so i had me and a friend both go over every plug and stille nothing, I have yet to check of solder splashes though. so any other suggestion would be great. just some quick questions, how much does a new power board cost, might it be easyer to replace, or is it just too much?

Thanks Again

Miles

Larry Dillon
Make sure the numbers or

Make sure the numbers or letters on the plugs match the connectors on the board. Everyone is marked.

SMorris
Hey larry, sorry to bug you. 

Hey larry, sorry to bug you.  Do you think that I did something wrong, or have you heard of this happening before

mills
but i thought only one plug

but i thought only one plug can fit in one socket

Larry Dillon
Nope, Some sets have

Nope, Some sets have different plugs that can fit differeant connectors.

Pages

Connect With Techlore