sony KP-51WS510-convergence ic-help

936 posts / 0 new
Last post
mathelm
email address.......

email address.......

with a ( @ ) and a ( . ).... as apposed to the above.... 

patone
Can I please get a copy of

Can I please get a copy of the manual sent to me? [email protected]

cschmidt
mathelm said: Manual sent

mathelm said: Manual sent via Pando..... just read above and it will answer all questions...

would you mind passing the manual on when you get the chance. I'm going to make a run at fixing this problem. Thanks in advance.

[email protected] 

vader011
I know the thread is kind of

I know the thread is kind of old, but I would totally appreciate a copy of the service manual for the KP-51WS510 - having a major issue with the flash focus not taking (and from what I've been reading, the ICs fix this issue as well).

[email protected]

chiefalex
I have a Sony KP51WS510, sn

I have a Sony KP51WS510, sn-8800672(Mar2003).  Reading through the comments, and looking at PTS website board listing, my "D" board should be A-1302-180A, but mine has A-1302-708A stamped on it.  PTS shows that board for the KP57/65WS510.  Is this unusual, or is mine an old model(Mar2003)?   Anyway, the TV suddenly lost its convergence, bow-tie pattern as described.  I've been away from soldering for a long time, but I'm game to try it again. 

Can anybody send me a copy of the service manual?   Sure would appreciate it.  This is a great forum.  Thanks for helping. 

mathelm
vader011 said: I know the

vader011 said: I know the thread is kind of old, but I would totally appreciate a copy of the service manual for the KP-51WS510 - having a major issue with the flash focus not taking (and from what I've been reading, the ICs fix this issue as well).  [email protected]

Sorry, didn't see that one till today. 

Larry Dillon
Vader and chief, I must have

Vader and chief, I must have missed your post somehow? I will be sending out the service manual  t0 you both very shortly. Good Luck.

mathelm
Yo Larry,  I now have 2 D

Yo Larry,  I now have 2 D boards...

chiefalex
Larry Dillon said: Vader and

Larry Dillon said: Vader and chief, I must have missed your post somehow? I will be sending out the service manual  t0 you both very shortly. Good Luck.

Thanks, Larry.   Email to [email protected].  

Still curious about the part number on my D board.   Any feedback on that?  Thanks again.

cschmidt
Just wanted to post and thank

Just wanted to post and thank those that make available such good information.  With the help of those on this forum I was able to successfully remove my D board and have the STK-560's replaced by bringing the board to a TV repair shop.  Cost was $80; far better than the several hundred that I was dreading to pay.  After installing the board the TV needed some adjustments in the PJE menu, but all seemed to go well there. 

The only things that appear to going on now are that the TV LED light blinks 4 times when powering up and the PJE ERR code is reading 111.  I haven't quite figured that one out yet, but hopefully will get some insight with a little more research.  Other than that the TV is operating fine.

Thanks again!!

shiju369
Hi

Hi

Can someone send me a copy of the serfice mauel for Sony KP-51ws510 to [email protected]

Thanks, 

mathelm
shiju369 said: Hi Can

shiju369 said: Hi Can someone send me a copy of the serfice mauel for Sony KP-51ws510 to [email protected] Thanks, 

done....

oh.. and here .... N..... I think you dropped this.....

Yea I know...I'm one to talk...

hicaliper
I've been looking over the

I've been looking over the forum since saturday... I have a Sony KP-51WS500, and have the seemingly standard convergence issues.  TV was fine one night, got a call from my wife saying that she got back from errands and went to start our daughters a video on our HTPC, and everything was "wonky"  Came home that night, attempted flash focus about 10 times, broke out the service manual and messed around in the PJE menu ( I know, I know, I've caused myself a bunch more time now... I started spelunking google and ran across this site... I'm fairly sure that one of my IC's are failing, and I'm ordering thos tonight, however I have seen numerous references to the "pico fuses"  And the only Fuse I can find is the standard Buss "glass tube" type fuse... am I missing something, or is that correct?  Also, I wanted to mention that we could not remove the the HVR cable from the HW transformer, out of desperation, we (my father in law was assisting me) cut the cable with the intention of sodering it back together and heat shrink'ing it anyone see any issues with that?

vader011
Thanks for the manuals

Thanks for the manuals mathelm - don't know if you mind, but I dumped all the manuals into a zip file and dumped it on rapidshare - it might not be up there long, but it will at least keep people like me from bugging you with gimmie gimme gimmie a while Wink

Thanks again!

http://rapidshare.com/files/84412227/KP51WS500.zip.html

mathelm
Not at all,  I personally
Not at all,  I personally think they should be standard equipment.

To Ogre:

I say swap out the IC's and see if that works before worrying about the fuse ( hopefully Larry will jump in here and advise you on checking them ).  I fixed 3 TV's now and the IC's done the trick every time.  As far as the cables go, not that it matters now but you are suppose to push and twist to the left, and remove them from the TV side, not the board.  But I have a board with cut cables and if I use it I think I'll slide a piece of rubber vacuum hose from advance auto ( as close to the size of the wire as possible ) over one side of the wire, solider the wire and then slide the hose over the solider joint.  May be use a couple quick ties to snug it up.

Good Luck
hicaliper
Mathelm,

Mathelm,

Thanks for the heads up on the fuse. Somehow I missed the part about removing the
HV cable from the TV, and not the board.... I don't know how I missed it.  I'd also like to point out to everyone that reads this forum, that you should never purchase ICs from a TV service company...  The only Sony authorized service shop within 35 miles of my home wanted $30 per IC, I got them on line for $6.99 +S/H!!!  nothing like a 100% plus mark up!!!

jjhuse
Ogre3208 may i ask where u

Ogre3208 may i ask where u got the ic's for 6.99 the cheapest i found was 40 for the pair. by the way can some one send me the service manual the one the guy gave me with the tv is missing a bounch of pages.  thank you in advance.  E-mail is [email protected]

mathelm
Iwas going to but pando is

Iwas going to but pando is having issues here, need to reboot but can't because the computer is currently recording some rerun on tv I must have told it to.  Try the zip file link vader posted

http://rapidshare.com/files/84412227/KP51WS500.zip.html

It's about 67meg and providers won't send files that big.  If that link dosen't work, post again and I'll send it in the morning. 

Larry Dillon
Ogre3208, probably factory

Ogre3208, probably factory rejects or aftermarket IC's. You will most definitely have problems with them in a month or so if not sooner. Big mistake to take the cheap way out on your part man. IC's are all not alike! Go for original Sanyo IC's NOT China parts. You get what you pay for man.

hicaliper
I got the ICs at www.bluestar

I got the ICs at www.bluestar-online.com.  they have the exact same part number, and from what I can tell by the pic (which isn't a whole lot) they are identical to the originals.    As far as only being able to find them for $40 for the pair, here's the results of a quick froogle search:

http://www.pacificsemi.com/search.php?partno=STK392-560

http://www.domotronix-ltd.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=267&currency=USD

another thing I've seen is that the prices for these are all over the map... and since Bluestar had the largest inventory I'd seen, I figured it was like any other computer/electronic component, if you can buy in massive quantities, you can get them cheap, and then pass the savings along.  I certainly hope I'm not going to have to replace them again in a month... that'll suck!

Larry Dillon
If you look on the other

If you look on the other sites that are selling the IC's they say manufacturer is Sanyo, Bluestar does not. Most likely made in China and not in Japan.  Aftermarket parts I am told from Bluestar. You go cheapo, you get cheapo. Don't forget to get a couple of the 5 amp pico fuse. Most Sony's will need at least one of them.

mathelm
IC's are not all the same,
IC's are not all the same, that's why we're here..lol I used the cheap one's here, but I do think Larry's right. But in my case: for one, I consider it an easy repair which I won't mind doing again if I have too, which is why I bought several sets of IC's. Two, how long is it going to be before somthing else go's wrong that I can't fix on these OLD TV's. And three, I know how chips are made. I don't know if it's still the same today, but back in the Intel 486 days, do you know the difference between making say a 90mhz cpu and a 50mhz one?........... Nothing, they made them all the same and then tested them to see how fast they'd run to determine which one's came out the oven better. Kind of like a pan of biscuits, the one in the middle is always the best one.
So once again, Larry's right, the originals are the best chance of long life. But like everything, you've got to weigh the cost vs. risk and in this case how hard is the repair for you.
thebubblegoose
I hope I'm not to late but I

I hope I'm not to late but I am one more person needing a service manuel for a KP-51WS510. Thank you for any help. I'm [email protected]

jjhuse
thank you guys i will be

thank you guys i will be fixing soon hope to have fixed by daytona 500. just wondering also the local tv guy here said that setting the convergance takes many hours and that it is something a pro should do is this something that is very involved or is it easy. i will look at the manuals later just thought i would ask and see if there is a trick or something to make it go well thanks guys. im sure he just want to make money

Larry Dillon
I have spent many hours doing

I have spent many hours doing convergence after a repair and have spent 10 minutes on a touch up after a repair.

mathelm
I think it depends on how

I think it depends on how much you played with it before the repair.  I only know three I've done, and had no problem with the one's that someone didn't try to adjust on before replacing the IC's

TestUser1
I got the same problem with

I got the same problem with my KP-51WS510 . a  copy of the Service Manual  would be a really big help , my e-mail  [email protected]

Thanks for any other tips you could offer

mathelm
Done..

Done..

ONE THING EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW.....

Do not try to adjust your TV before you make the repair.  If you do, it'll be like trying to untangle a ball of twine, in the dark, with numb fingers, that the cats been playing with for a couple weeks.... only harder...
Larry Dillon
Orr, great tip from Mathelm!

Orr, great tip from Mathelm! It is very true though. I am also sending you a couple of links regarding this convergence repair. Hope it opens your eyes on the subject just a bit. Good luck with this repair and I will send along the manual to you.

http://www.techlore.com/blog/entry/19694/Sony-Convergence-Repair-My-Sony-TV-has-a-distorted-picture-/

http://www.techlore.com/article/19631/Sony-Convergence-Procedure/

wew
Hello I have just joined

Hello I have just joined after searching  for repair information on a kp51ws510 I got from a relitive that has convergence problems, looks like I hit the jack pot on this problem. If sill avalible  l would like copy of the manual sent to [email protected]  thanks 

Pages

Connect With Techlore