sony KP-51WS510-convergence ic-help

936 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sharn
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have KP51ws510 convergence problem, and I saw this website. Can you please e-mail me the sevice manual for this model?

Thank you in advance

Please e-mail to [email protected]

hawker00
Larry Dillon said: No you

Larry Dillon said: No you should brush it out carefully with A small brush and a vacuum cleaner.  If you purchaced good ICs and used heatsink compound, the IC's should last you.  Good Job on this you saved yourself big bucks!

Larry,

I had a similar problem.. the red was out of wack..blue green good..just a shift..changed out the ICs and now I have severe pin cushioning... the center is pulled in..and none of the colors are lined up.  Help 

Ed

hawker00
I could probably used the

I could probably used the service manual.. too...

Thanks

[email protected]

mathelm
Yea Larry,.... The pin

Yea Larry,.... The pin cushion thing...... I think!?.....

Do you use a string or is there some fancy DVD or some such to realign the grid?

For those of you who don't know, read up on the subject before making adjustments in service mode, because things can go from bad to worst.......

I may never get this Toshiba right...

oh and btw, manuals sent via pando.....

supgod
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I just order STK392-560(SONY). but I couldn't find the spot.

Could you send me the service manual ? to [email protected]

Thanks

mathelm
supgod said: Hey Larry, I

supgod said: Hey Larry, I just order STK392-560(SONY). but I couldn't find the spot. Could you send me the service manual ? to [email protected]  Thanks

Gonna have to change my name to Larry.....

Manual sent via pando...

mathelm
The IC's are connected to the

D Board

The IC's are connected to the 2 big heat sinks ( fins ) at the top.

hawker00
mathelm said: OK, need some

mathelm said: OK, need some help here.  How do I remove the red "High Voltage" cables?  The manual shows a 90 degree counter clockwise twist and pull.  Frown And JeffC, your server has a 15.7 meg limit.  Will send you what I can.

I have tried to get these red "High Voltage" cables out with no luck.. can you cut them and then splice them when the board is reworked... or is cutting bad... 

mathelm
They both are removed from

They both are removed from the "TV" side, not from the board.  You pull back the black boot ( slide it up the wire ) and push the wire in and turn ( to the left I think, but it may not matter ) and it should slide right out.

Larry Dillon
Never cut those wires unless

Never cut those wires unless you want high voltage to spray all over the place. You would need to use a lot of high voltage putty to splice HV wires.

Jack Landers
Hi larry I am trying ti fix

Hi larry I am trying ti fix my tv kp51-ws51o could you slease find the time to email me a manual i would appreciate it [email protected] thank you

Guest (not verified)
I would really appreciate if

I would really appreciate if someone please send me the service manual for Sony KP-51WS510 at [email protected]?

Thanks.

tyonexxl
Can someone please send me

Can someone please send me the service manual to [email protected]

My T.V. went out today and I found this site.  Going to attempt a fix on it w/ my dad.

Quick question, my model is  KP65WV600 so I'm assuming the internals are pretty much the same w/ the model # KP correct?

Thanks

mathelm
I have no idea if it's the

I have no idea if it's the same, but sent the manual.

JeffC
Has anyone heard of these

Has anyone heard of these going back out after 2 months. Yes, Both chips were replaced. And the fuse on the power supply was also replaced. The fuse is still good though.

mathelm
Yep,  Cheap Chinese chips....
Yep,  Cheap Chinese chips....  Suppose to use the Samsungs.
JeffC
mathelm, I have the STK392

mathelm, I have the STK392-560's are they not the greatest?

Larry Dillon
Jeff, where did you get the

Jeff, where did you get the IC's from? How much did you pay for them. Also, did you use new heatsink compound on the backs of the new IC's before you installed them?

JeffC
I had the repair shop that my

I had the repair shop that my Company uses do the work. I am not sure where they got them from or the individual cost. I can only assume they did it right, we havent gotten any complaints from any customers about them. I know the repairs cost me $275.00.

Larry Dillon
You should have at least a 90

You should have at least a 90 day warranty on the repair.

JeffC
I hope so. We will see on

I hope so. We will see on Thursday. The wife has been online searching for a replacement though.

Larry Dillon
Replacement TV or IC's. If it

Replacement TV or IC's. If it is the IC's go to http://www.electronic-repair-kits.com/index.html

mathelm
If it's the D Board, go to h.

If it's the D Board, go to h...... well, lets just say there hard to find......Surprised

Larry Dillon
Go to where? That's not nice

Go to where? That's not nice man! You really want a D board, they are available but very high price. Also, if they are not damaged or worked on by a butcher, they can be repaired.

mathelm
Thats just where I figured

Thats just where I figured they all must have went, cause I've been there and back.  But I do have one on the way ( cross your fingers ), long story which I'll type up here one day after I get it.

JeffC
Unfortionatly we are going

Unfortionatly we are going shopping tomorrow night. The wife is fed up. she just wants a working, stable set. I dont blame her. It is getting old....... I guess you can find mine soon on craigs list/Philly.

Larry Dillon
oh man bring it to Michigan.

oh man bring it to Michigan. I need a new set. I have an old one and would love to buy one I can fix. I cannot seem to get that lucky with a local person. Oh well!

lochkelly
I have convergence problem on

I have convergence problem on my sony 51ws510 tv. I will try to fix it by replacing the two ic's. I have some experience with pc boards and I think I can do it. Larry I will need your help to E-mail me the service manual. My address is [email protected]. thank you.

mathelm
Well, the boards here.  So we
Well, the boards here.  So we'll see how it works when I find time to put it in.  The guy cut the power cables and there's some corrosion on some of the contacts.
whisper1606
Hi,

Hi,

My KP51WS510 started having a problem.  It maybe a similar to the problem discussed here ,but I am not sure.  I was wondering if the experts here can provide suggestions ...

Problem:

The left-half of the screen shows a "shadow" of the image. I tried to adjust convergence, but I am not able to align all colors on the cross-hairs on the left-half, the dead center & right half are OK.  I am not sure if I need to change the IC's?  I will most likely change the board since I am not soldering iron expert :-(

Larry,

I'd appreciate a copy of the service manual just-in-case.  My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

Pages

Connect With Techlore