sony KP-51WS510-convergence ic-help

936 posts / 0 new
Last post
panda
Hi everyone. 

Hi everyone. 

I have a SonyKP-51WS510.

After reading here about the convergency problem and solutions, I think I may be able to use information posted here to solve the identical problem that I am having.

Larry can you please email me the service manual (I downloaded the software from pando.com already). My email address is [email protected].

Wish me luck guys.

Thank you in anticipation

Panda

mathelm
Done.... Done.... lol

Done....

Done....

lol

mathelm
mortalsense said: mathelm

mortalsense said:

mathelm said: Youre assuming they pay anything at all..lol

Interesting, for I sent the D board to Tristatemodule as well, it arrived 8/16/07 and then they filed a damage claim on 8/22/07.  What are the odds that two packages from different states could be damaged??  Very high.  Especially since I double packaged the box myself and you would have had to drop a piano on it to crush it.  It was labeled fragile, etc. Lets hypothetically analyze this for the possible options: 1.  the odds of 50,000 to 1 that two different packages from different states are damaged 2.  UPS has gorillas working for them that jump on packages 3. TriStatemodule is taking  shipped modules and replacing them with cracked ones, and then blaming it on UPS??  Resale value $289   not bad profit margin Verify the serial number of module and request inspection from UPS to insure fraud is not the issue. Larry, I had attached four good pics, and could not get them to post, and then I sent them to the address you specified, and you still did not post them. They were 4 very good pics of the module and how to remove, etc.

Have you heard anything rom UPS yet?  They just had to have a fax number and all, couldn't email or call with their "Findings". I'd sure like to know what's up...

mathelm
Welcome back to the never

Welcome back to the never ending episode of "What The Hell?!?!?"

Today our hero finally receives the long awaited package containing the "cracked board", only to find that not only is it "cracked", but also broken into pieces along with having every heat sink on it bent and crushed.

But wait, what's this?  Our hero notices that this isn't the box he shipped, nor is it the same board!?!  ...... DUNT-DUN-DUNNNNNNN

Called UPS, after telling me the claim had been denied and whatever happened with the wrong shipment was TSM's fault.  A call to TSM and they are sending a call tag to pick it up.  Another call to UPS and the claim is now "not denied".  Unbenonced to me, TSR called the UPS rep (which I think is why the claim is now "not denied") and their trying to figure out why the UPS guy, not TSR put the wrong label on the boxes.  Hmmm.

At any rate, my board was tightly packed and double boxed ( with packing between the boxes even).  The one I got back was wrapped in that air filled bag stuff, not bubble wrap, the big air bag stuff.  Most of which is now deflated.  Guess the guy didn't think about all those needle like patrosions sticking out the bottom of a circuit board.

Guess it's time to wait again.Undecided

mathelm
Well well,  Thanks to this

Well well,  Thanks to this thread I got an email this morning from the guy who received my board.  What a small world.....

Larry Dillon
lOL I bet he is a happy

lOL I bet he is a happy camper. I doubt if he will send it back.

mathelm
Nah, he sent his number and

Nah, he sent his number and we talked for a few minutes.  Nice guy, he's letting the "UPS Store" manager handle it.  I asked him to keep quite about having the wrong one for a few days just to see what happens.

mathelm
I originaly thought so too,

I originaly thought so too, but UPS put the return lables on the boxes...

Larry Dillon
No the lables are generated

No the lables are generated in Tristates warehouse from a UPS lable maker. They do not take each board or boxe to the UPS store. And the pickup person for UPS only does that. Picks them up already to go.UPS picks up from them. The Tristate warehouse person screwed up. Sounds like you got one finger pointingat each other from these people.

mathelm
Par for the course... But TSR

Par for the course... But TSR reported the damage, the ups rep came out and looked at the box and sent a call tag which according to the secound ups lady and TSR was put on by the driver.

Dosen't really matter, it's gonna be a long road either way....

Larry Dillon
LOL  Yes it will, how can

LOL  Yes it will, how can they put an amount on this if it is no Longer available?  It's going to be a tough one.

mathelm
Well, if anyone needs any

Well, if anyone needs any parts ( besides the D board)  I know a guy in GA ( I'm in NC ) who is ready to part out a KP-51ws510.

I have a lot of room for junk, so I'm still a few weeks from giving up on mine....Tongue out

RRG
It looks like I might have

It looks like I might have the same problem. I have SONY KP51HW40 that is around 5 yrs old. All of a sudden there are green lines across the screen. Even the input labels like Video1 appear as two lines. Larry can you confirm if it is a convergence issue that can be fixed by replacing the STK392-560 ICs ? I can take a picture of the screen and email it to you. I wish I had known you had a service manual for this, I bought one yesterday but only paid $10 at electronicsrepair.net. Also let me know where to get the ICs, I see 2 proces $30 and $15, looks like the Sanyo is for $15, but is this original and will it work on the Sony sets ?

bhavik
Larry Dillon said: You will

Larry Dillon said: You will need to make sure you get some heatsink compound and dont forget to apply lots of this compound to the metal back of the new IC's before you remount the new IC's to the heat sink. Also you should change both of the IC's because as sure as your born, the other IC will fail a month or so down the road and you will again be back inside the TV set changing the other IC, so it is best to change both at the same time. You might have small feedback resistors burned but most of the time, you only have a problem with the IC's. you also may need the service manual to do touch up alighnment in the service menu as you should never attempt any service manua alighnments without a service Manual. But I have goos news and can save you 25 bucks! Just leave your e-mail addy and i will send you a copy of it for free! You will need to go to pando.com and download this proggy as this proggy lets you e-mail and accept large e-mail files as the service manuals are large files. This is the only way i can send large files via my internet provider. Good Luck and Do let us know how you make out with this repair.

hey i was wondering if you could email me the circuit diagram for KP-51WS510 (Sony TV) or if you could walk me thru on how to change the convergence ic's. i'll appreciate it. My email address is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
RRG, as long as Sanyo is

RRG, as long as Sanyo is stamped on the IC's you should have no problem at all do this, as long as you also have experience soldering on solid state printed circuit boards. You will need two Ic's though to repair this set properly. Also you will need to check all of the circuit protectors as well as the resistors in the convergence circuit. I cannot say for sure your problem is the convergence, as I am not able to do so simply by looking at a picture. You will have to confirm this yourself. But I will say, most of the time, by what your describing, the IC's and possibly a few small parts will need to be replaced. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
bhavik, I cannot really walk

bhavik, I cannot really walk you through it per say, but I can certainly send you the manual if you think you can handle this repair. You will however need to have the experience with soldering on printed circuit boards and know how to work on solid state boards as well. You will also need to know how to use a multimeter to measure the voltages, resistors, and the circuit protectors in case you do get the IC's installed and the set still does not work. This does happen from time to time. Also you will need to know how to read a schematic diagram to trace the circuit for problems in case it does not work. If you do not have this experience, or have no solid state repair experience, play it safe and have a pro assist you in this repair. Good Luck

chrysf56
Larry Dillon said: bhavik, I

Larry Dillon said: bhavik, I cannot really walk you through it per say, but I can certainly send you the manual if you think you can handle this repair. You will however need to have the experience with soldering on printed circuit boards and know how to work on solid state boards as well. You will also need to know how to use a multimeter to measure the voltages, resistors, and the circuit protectors in case you do get the IC's installed and the set still does not work. This does happen from time to time. Also you will need to know how to read a schematic diagram to trace the circuit for problems in case it does not work. If you do not have this experience, or have no solid state repair experience, play it safe and have a pro assist you in this repair. Good Luck

Yup, play it safe. That's a good way not to learn much.

Sorry Larry. I just had to chime in here cause I didn't play it safe and I learned a few things. Among them was that I shoulda played it safe and had a pro do it. Now it looks like I may need a d board as well.

Hmmm..  What could I possibly learn by doing it my self that I haven't already learned from my previous attempt?

mathelm
I wish I had done it myself. 

I wish I had done it myself.  Then even if my d board had ended up cracked ( because I threw it against a wall maybe) I'd atleast still have it......

Larry Dillon
Don't send the board to Tri

Don't send the board to Tri-State LOL  Send it to ptscorp. Just clean up any soldering you did to it so it does not look like it was tampered with.

mathelm
Packing is important.  Don't

Packing is important.  Don't use penuts or big air bags.  Use bubble wrap.  And if I had it to do over, I'd take the time to cut out a peice of cardboard that would hold all the heat sinks and the power modual in place.

And oh yea.... a BIG box...Tongue out

Larry Dillon
mortalsense, sorry but this

mortalsense, sorry but this board is not e-bay. No selling allowed!! Your selling post was deleted.

snolsen
I found a D Board on the

I found a D Board on the Sony Parts site, https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony... .When I search on A1302180A, it shows a part number of 9910999Y1. Anybody know if this is the correct part?

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
Yes but is it available and

Yes but is it available and for how much?

snolsen
Larry Dillon said: Yes but

Larry Dillon said: Yes but is it available and for how much?

I just ordered it for $141.77 + s/h +tax,  $163.55

mathelm
Here's the link

Here's the link

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/Sony-Parts-Catalog-Details.aspx?groupid=457301

It says "PHASE III BD. SEE ASC WEBSITE"  Wonder what the ASC website is? 

Did you call them snolsen, or just order it online?  Got my fingers crossed here.  And PLEASE keep us up to date here.

mathelm
Google say's:
Larry Dillon
Thats great snolsen, As

Thats great snolsen, As everyone has told me it is not avaialble. Good Luck.

snolsen
From my confirmation email:

From my confirmation email:

A1302180A D PHASE III S/B:E25885260 Quantity: 1		Item Price: $141.77	Total Price: $141.77 Shipping:	$11.50 Tax:		$10.28 Total:	$163.55   

I just ordered it on the web.

Larry Dillon
Cool, let us know if it is a

Cool, let us know if it is a complete D board and if it works.

Larry Dillon
mathelm, see if they have a D

mathelm, see if they have a D board for your broken one.

Pages

Connect With Techlore