sony KP-51WS510-convergence ic-help

936 posts / 0 new
Last post
JeffC
Thank you. I will await the

Thank you. I will await the Email......

mathelm
OK, need some help here.  How

OK, need some help here.  How do I remove the red "High Voltage" cables?  The manual shows a 90 degree counter clockwise twist and pull.  Frown

And JeffC, your server has a 15.7 meg limit.  Will send you what I can.

mathelm
Got the cable out ( you push

Got the cable out ( you push and twist 90 degrees counter clockwise ).

JeffC,

Sent you all the manuals ( 67meg )via Pando.  Got a lot of returned email errors the reguar way.  goto http://www.pando.com/ It's quick and simple and it has a uninstall program.

Larry Dillon
Please let us all know here

Please let us all know here how you all made out with these repairs.  Oh by the way, when you are doing this repair, do not forget to get the original Sanyo IC's from MCMelectronics.com, and also do NOT forget to install heatsink compound on the backs of the convergence IC's before you install them into the board.

mathelm
I was tempted to just order a

I was tempted to just order a couple IC's, but while my degree is in electronics I just haven't had that much practice soldering lately.  And being that the board is unreplacable, I'd just a soon pay an extra $100 bucks or so to let someone with a little more experience do it.  Plus let them check a few other things while their a it.

Shipped it off today, should be there Thursday via UPS.  Will let ya'll know how it goes.Tongue out

mortalsense
I uploaded four good pics of

KP51WS510 D board

I uploaded four good pics of the D board but can't seem to get them to post?? Can Larry (moderator help) the images are in the techlore images folder.

Larry Dillon
Send them to techman32k@yahoo

Send them to [email protected] and tell me what your looking for.

trajko
I saw some shadowing when

I saw some shadowing when watching a football game this weekend on my Sony KP51ws510.  Tried to manually line up the blue convergence using the remote per the user manual but I can't get it to line up 100%.   Do I need the service manual to help me manipulate this better?   Can someone send it to me?    [email protected]?  I have downloaded pando.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
Mathelm, I would like that

Mathelm, I would like that manual as well please, as I do not have that one but I do have the chassis manual, the RA6. If you could be so kind. My e-mail is [email protected]

mathelm
No problem, just sent it, but

No problem, just sent it, but one of them is the one you sent me.Wink

Larry Dillon
OH LOL  OK thanks man

OH LOL  OK thanks man

I only had the RA6 chassis. not the actual manual for the KP51WS510. Thanks again.

dborg83
can someone plz send me the

can someone plz send me the service manual as i am having the same issue as all of you...dborg83@yahoo

mathelm
Jeze... freekin UPS crushed

Jeze... freekin UPS crushed the box's ( double boxed ) and cracked my board.........

Larry Dillon
Well that blows, look like

Well that blows, look like you are out unless the shipper put extra insurance on the box.

mathelm
I did, but I can't find the

I did, but I can't find the board any where.  Have any idea who might have one?

A1302180A

Larry Dillon
Have you tried PTS yet?  Who

Have you tried PTS yet?  Who was the supplier?

mathelm
I can't, you need a password

I can't, you need a password to login, and the "new account" link just takes you to a login screen.

Could you maybe do a quick check for a A1302180A? 

Larry Dillon
Call them up on the toll free

Call them up on the toll free telephone number.

Larry Dillon
It is on the first page when

It is on the first page when you go to their website.

mathelm
Called em, ( PTS ) and it's a

Called em, ( PTS ) and it's a repair only, as in no stock and no order......Cry

Larry Dillon
Ah to bad, and you said you

Ah to bad, and you said you tried tri state?

mathelm
Yea, their the one's I

Yea, their the one's I shipped my old board to, and some how a doulble boxed, tightly packed D board got cracked......Yell

Larry Dillon
S, what does UPS say about it

S, what does UPS say about it. Now the value went up on the part.

mathelm
They called and said they

They called and said they would fax me a copy of their findings, so we'll see...

Insured it for $260 I think.. 

Larry Dillon
Well at least that 260

Well at least that 260 towards a new TV set man. Sorry to hear of the bummer news

mathelm
Youre assuming they pay

Youre assuming they pay anything at all..lol

mortalsense
mathelm said: Youre assuming

mathelm said: Youre assuming they pay anything at all..lol

Interesting, for I sent the D board to Tristatemodule as well, it arrived 8/16/07 and then they filed a damage claim on 8/22/07.  What are the odds that two packages from different states could be damaged??  Very high.  Especially since I double packaged the box myself and you would have had to drop a piano on it to crush it.  It was labeled fragile, etc.

Lets hypothetically analyze this for the possible options:

1.  the odds of 50,000 to 1 that two different packages from different states are damaged

2.  UPS has gorillas working for them that jump on packages

3. TriStatemodule is taking  shipped modules and replacing them with cracked ones, and then blaming it on UPS??  Resale value $289   not bad profit margin

Verify the serial number of module and request inspection from UPS to insure fraud is not the issue.

Larry, I had attached four good pics, and could not get them to post, and then I sent them to the address you specified, and you still did not post them. They were 4 very good pics of the module and how to remove, etc.

Larry Dillon
Did not receive them. You

Did not receive them. You should send the pictures and the link to Matt, the editor here at techlore. I have no ability to post pictures. He does..  Your suspicion sounds pretty good. I would want to see the board myself.

mathelm
Well, I like to think the

Well, I like to think the best of people, but I do have high qulity photos of my D board.  Learned that from a mechanic years ago.  Take pictures so there's no problem putting something back together..

panda
Hi everyone. 

Hi everyone. 

I have a SonyKP-51WS510.

After reading here about the convergency problem and solutions, I think I may be able to use information posted here to solve the identical problem that I am having.

Larry can you please email me the service manual (I downloaded the software from pando.com already). My email address is [email protected].

Wish me luck guys.

Thank you in anticipation

Panda

Pages

Connect With Techlore